Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819042 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
joo2018:
Looks like Ottawa is becoming for some applicants the new LVO.
As in!! cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by StKizito2: 12:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
ChinenyeT:

Thanks, pls I will send you a pm, am really confused.
I replied your message but you didn't say anything back, hope you have figured it out already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josh121(m): 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2019
Pls who went the NOUN pgd for 2 or more certificate , I want to know if it visible in a year ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obtay: 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hello House,

Please if your visa tracking is showing

Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 17/01/2019 to the Canada Visa Application Centre..
Please does it mean on way back to Lagos or something else.
And are we to wait to receive an email to go get our passports back before we go to their office?

Submitted at VFS Lagos on 20th dec

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2019
Can I use NABTEB in place of WAEC for Wes evaluation?
Ramj:
For those still struglling with evaluation, which body to use and all

For Evaluation of Degrees - ECA for immigration is what you need
PLEASE READ
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed.html

The main idea is to get the right body to correctly evaluate your degree to give a Canadian Educational Equivalence.

Apart from Doctors (MCC Pharmacist (PEBC).

Any of the other Bodies Accepted by CIC
WES, ICES,IQAS, ICAS, CEC can evaluate all other degrees however wisdom is profitable to direct
NB: Only WES evaluates Professional Certifications like ACCA, CIPM, ATS AAT...

ICAN itself is not equivalent to Any Canadian Educational degree for now so don't bother

That being said experience has helped to build knowledge base that not all these bodies evaluate degrees the same way.

Also considering speed and required documentations these are the recommendations.

Lawyers - use IQAS ( they would clearly state your LLB is equivalent to a professional degree which is same as Masters)

Nurses - RN and RPN, RM, and other post basic degree - use IQAS or ICAS to get 2 or more Certificates) IQAS faster

According to CIC you only need to evaluate your highest degree

PhD and MSC and Bsc - Only PHd

If you have BSC and MSC - only MSC

This rule does not apply if PGD is your highest qualification.

If you have Bsc and PGD evaluate both to get 2 or More Certificates.

ND and HND or NCE and HND - evaluate both

For all other degree you can use either of the ICES, WES, ICAS, IQAS or CEC...

If you are evaluating only foreign degrees - WES is your go to body.

Once a Nigerian degree is involved WAEC is a must (WAEC processes is pretty simple so nothing to worry about ensure to send a new scratch card)

ICES is fastest for now 4-6 - they don't need WAEC, your school can send transcript to them by official email and they don't reverify with your school like WES.

ICES evaluates each degree at $200 CAD unlike WES nonetheless[b] I recommend[/b] them even if you have 2 degrees to evaluate (cheaper on the long run I tell you)

NB: ICES do not send soft copy ECA - so i advice you use a US, UK or Canada address for delivery and get it scanned to you. NIPOSt are trying but docs still get missing in transit - or request for courier delivery

What else further read

ICES - https://icesonline.bcit.ca/ices/register/register

WES - https://www.wes.org/ca/

IQAS - https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx

ICAS - https://www.icascanada.ca/home.aspx

CES - http://www.learn.utoronto.ca/ces

MCC - https://mcc.ca/ and http://mcc.ca/repository/educational-credential-assessment/

PEBC -https://www.pebc.ca/ and https://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3374/la_id/1.htm

MUST READS -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29
https://www.wes.org/ca/eca/

Je m'appelle ECA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by clemclem(m): 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2019
HenriFayol:
I'm also wondering if MLS is classified as professional like others medical degree.

I hope someone who might have gone through with medical laboratory technology to get PR can be of help . I will be glad to know . Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Ifeoma77:

As in!! cry

The annoying part is alot of applications have been approved but them no gree send PPR mail cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by coolangel54(f): 12:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Please, I need help in creating my express entry profile. What are the steps? I have created my reference code and GCKey already but I am having issues with the four security questions and how to answer them. PLEASE, HELP OUT. I want to create a profile with my current IELTS score and hopefully update it when I re-sit the exam. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Josh121:
Pls who went the NOUN pgd for 2 or more certificate , I want to know if it visible in a year ?

Yes it is or you try the unilag hrdc program
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josh121(m): 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Any positive evaluation of the HRDC program ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kashamadupe0906: 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2019
efeklvn:
Hello friends. The following were my duties as Graduate Engineer. Are they okay for NOC 2132 (Mechanical Engineers)?

- inspect craftsmen and technicians during machine setup and installation

- Review and implement preventive maintenance schedules for vertical and carousel cutting machines

- Conduct failure analysis to identify root cause of mechanical failures

sorry ooo, but personally I don't think asking this kind of question is appropriate here, we all have our individual fields and JD, so u should know best what suits you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2019
coolangel54:
Please, I need help in creating my express entry profile. What are the steps? I have created my reference code and GCKey already but I am having issues with the four security questions and how to answer them. PLEASE, HELP OUT. I want to create a profile with my current IELTS score and hopefully update it when I re-sit the exam. Thanks

You are supposed to provide the security questions and answers yourself
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by coolangel54(f): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
I know and I have tried it but it's not working. For instance, I said 'My date of birth' Answer I gave was 12 May 1940 (rejected)/ 12/05/1940 (also rejected). I am confused at this point
DrMrsCK:

You are supposed to provide the security questions and answers yourself
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
Obtay:
Hello House,

Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 17/01/2019 to the Canada Visa Application Centre..
And are we to wait to receive an email to go get our passports back before we go to their office?

It means it's on its way back to Lagos. Give them a couple of days and then go and check at the VFS Office

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OlumisiI: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
The security questions are just to help secure your account whenever you want to log in. Use questions that you are sure you will not forget the answers to e.g. Question --- What is the name of my first dog? Answer --- Bingo

coolangel54:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by titiclassy: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
Obtay:
Hello House,

@Obtay we have the same status and submitted on dec 20 too.

I have decided to wait till Monday afternoon before going to their office

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obtay: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
Thank you .You are grately appreciated.

Ifeoma77:

It means it's on its way back to Lagos. Give them a couple of days and then go and check at the VFS Office

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obtay: 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
Okay.cool,thank you much

titiclassy:

@Obtay we have the same status and submitted on dec 20 too.

I have decided to wait till Monday afternoon before going to their office
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:58pm On Jan 17, 2019
flyboi1:

The annoying part is alot of applications have been approved but them no gree send PPR mail cry cry

The thing is so annoying. But anyone whose application has been approved should send a mail to NDVO sharply. No time!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
coolangel54:
I know and I have tried it but it's not working. For instance, I said 'My date of birth' Answer I gave was 12 May 1940 (rejected)/ 12/05/1940 (also rejected). I am confused at this point

Like Olumisil said, use simple questions. Eg. What is your mother's middle name?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by liferunsoncode: 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2019
Hey Obtay,

Has your CIC account status changed from Submitted to Approved?

Obtay:
Thank you .You are grately appreciated.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HenriFayol(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
pyruvateluv:

Really, and no difference with regular programme? When will application form be on sale
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Frances86: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
In filling d PR forms,under d generic application form, wot shud be my response 2 d following questions:
1. Program under which u are applying
2.category under which u are applying
3. Have u received your certificat de selection du quebec (CSQ)??

For no.1 & 2, i tink it shud be FSW. Not sure. Pls kindly assist me by responding. Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by coolangel54(f): 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2019
Done successfully. God bless!
OlumisiI:
The security questions are just to help secure your account whenever you want to log in. Use questions that you are sure you will not forget the answers to e.g. Question --- What is the name of my first dog? Answer --- Bingo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obtay: 1:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Yes it has
liferunsoncode:
Hey Obtay,

Has your CIC account status changed from Submitted to Approved?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by coolangel54(f): 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
Last question please for today: can I create an EE account while ECA is in progress?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by SisiBabs: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=Mrachiever post=74843363]

Pls help with the Ryan materials for writing. Thank you
bolajitemidayo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2019
Make sure you follow up with him as he said. He was the one that kept responding to my mail when I requested for an EOR. I copied him in every mail I sent to those people as I no trust them
EyesondPrize:
The mail I got from IDP Australia this morning

Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for forwarding the emails.

We are currently looking into this matter and either we or the test centre will get back to you within a couple of days.

If you have any further queries, please reply to this email.

Regards,

Faizan
IDP IELTS Australia

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 2:01pm On Jan 17, 2019
And what information would you put in when the question "what is the reference number from the evaluation you did with WES/IQAS/ICES" pops up?

I am sure you dont want to be banned for misrepresentation
coolangel54:
Last question please for today: can I create an EE account while ECA is in progress?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by coolangel54(f): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2019
shocked shocked shocked
freshdad:
And what information would you put in when the question "what is the reference number from the evaluation you did with WES/IQAS/ICES" pops up?

I am sure you dont want to be banned for misrepresentation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2019
You actually do need the ECA report number when updating your profile on the EE pool.

I’m not sure if there’s a way you can bypass that though.

Maybe the seniors can weigh in..

coolangel54:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2019
No bypassing- just wait till it is ready
bharbhyie:
You actually do need the ECA report number when updating your profile on the EE pool.

I’m not sure if there’s a way you can bypass that though.

Maybe the seniors can weigh in..

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.