Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,943 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (817720 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by valeriechima(f): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Good evening, I'm trying confirm if anyone has used TEFL(Teaching English as a foreign Language)? Is it verifiable by WES or ICES? Thanks

Please help me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by liferunsoncode: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Please don't decline your ITA. I made the same mistake in my form. I had my first name only in the EE form, not until I got ITA before I noticed. When filling the PR form I filled all my names and didnt even write any LOE. See the screenshot I took of my account. I obfuscated the names. You can see the EE has just two names and PR has all my names. My application was processed and I never had any issue

You can attach an LOE explaining it was an omission. But I am very sure all is well, no need to panic.

soulhighman:
Hi everyone. Please I am filling my post ITA form now and found out I have made a silly mistake while filling my profile. I filled only my first name in the personal details section and didn't include my middle name instead of writing it exactly as it appears on my passport. Now, I've been trying to correct that, and it appears impossible. My middle name appears in every of my documents.

Should I proceed like that and just add an LOE or decline the ITA.

N:B. My CRS score is 450 and if I get another ITA, I can submit under two weeks or even one week.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by soulhighman(m): 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2019
liferunsoncode:
Please don't decline your ITA. I made the same mistake in my form. I had my first name only in the EE form, not until I got ITA before I noticed. When filling the PR form I filled all my names and didnt even write any LOE. See the screenshot I took of my account. I obfuscated the names. You can see the EE has just two names and PR has all my names. My application was processed and I never had any issue

You can attach an LOE explaining it was an omission. But I am very sure all is well, no need to panic.

Thanks. Although I've declined it. I just saw this now on break at work. I didn't want to miss the next one. That's why I took a quick action.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OlumisiI: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
Congratulations. May God prosper your way.

I tap into this your short timeline.

Boom12:
My people, this PPR is a sweet feeling ooo, I've been smiling all day grin

Thanks everyone for your contributions on this thread. I wish everyone still awaiting good news in this process all the best, God will meet you at the point of need in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mimi1999: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2019
Godisincontrol:

What are you actually applying for?

Express entry immigration.
A friend sent me her friend’s reference and I used the address on it on all my documents. The address is below:

Citizenship and immigration Canada (CIC)
Manor Hall,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure garden estate, Third roundabout,
Lekki Phase1,
Lagos.

The friend is in Canada but I’m just worried.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by soulhighman(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2019
ontarioissauga:

Bros, you fill out a form and forget how your name is on your passport. I am hoping guys on higher points would even check out of the pool and favor the lower point guys. If you see what they go through world wide with near misses or nothing after each draw.

This is what the rich and politicians do to the downtrodden. No end in sight. I'm alone. I'm done.

For the sake of not derailing the thread, I will pretend as if I did not see this. So goodbye. But please stay off my mention or anything that has to do with me. I will really appreciate that.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2019
Congratulaions
Boom12:
Timeline
Decision to travel was in April 2018.
Family of 4
IELTS July 2018 LSRW 8877
WES September 2018
CRS 454
ITA 3 October
AOR 6 November
MEP/BIL 11 December
Visa Office No idea
PPR 22 January 2019 (dated 21 January 2019), letter didnt specify VFS location for submission
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2019
soulhighman:

For the sake of not derailing the thread, I will pretend as if I did not see this. So goodbye. But please stay off my mention or anything that has to do with me. I will really appreciate that.
grin losing my pof. Bye!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CanadianNaija: 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2019
Boom12:

Timeline

Family of 4
WES September 2018
CRS 454
ITA 3 October
AOR 6 November
MEP/BIL 11 December
Visa Office No idea
PPR 22 January 2019 (dated 21 January 2019), letter didnt specify VFS location for submission

Wow! Your mind won’t just be at work today. Congrats o.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by klawaaa: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone,
Please, I seriously have challenge with IELTS and dont know what to do. Several attempt for the exam and my score seems not to make any difference. First attempt LRSW: 5.5,5,6.5,6.5. Second attempt: LRSW: 5.5,6.0,6.5,6.5. Now, I do undertstand that I need min of 8777 to achieve my goal... Please, what can I do people. I will appreciate you people advice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:42pm On Jan 22, 2019
klawaaa:
Hello everyone,
Please, I seriously have challenge with IELTS and dont know what to do. Several attempt for the exam and my score seems not to make any difference. First attempt LRSW: 5.5,5,6.5,6.5. Second attempt: LRSW: 5.5,6.0,6.5,6.5. Now, I do undertstand that I need min of 8777 to achieve my goal... Please, what can I do people. I will appreciate you people advice. Thanks
Keep practicing. Practice, then practice some more and then practice even more.
I highly recommend this site;
https://ieltsonlinetests.com

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by klawaaa: 10:46pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks sir... Please like how many hour per day and for how long should I.
Ifeoma77:

Keep practicing. Practice, then practice some more and then practice even more.
I highly recommend this site;
https://ieltsonlinetests.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chicyclass(f): 10:58pm On Jan 22, 2019
Congratulations

Boom12:

Timeline

Family of 4
WES September 2018
CRS 454
ITA 3 October
AOR 6 November
MEP/BIL 11 December
Visa Office No idea

Thanks everyone for your contributions on this thread. I wish everyone still awaiting good news in this process all the best, God will meet you at the point of need in Jesus name. Amen

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2019
klawaaa:
Study as much as your schedule allows.
At the very minimum, ensure you complete two full listening tests and two reading tests everyday. Those seem to be your weaker modules.
Continue to practice your writing and speaking as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by klawaaa: 11:06pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks ma...I do appreciate this.
Ifeoma77:

Study as much as your schedule allows.
At the very minimum, ensure you complete two full listening tests and two reading tests everyday. Those seem to be your weaker modules.
Continue to practice your writing and speaking as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LordSneed: 11:09pm On Jan 22, 2019
Congratulations!
Boom12:

Timeline

Family of 4
WES September 2018
CRS 454
ITA 3 October
AOR 6 November
MEP/BIL 11 December
Visa Office No idea

My husband and I registered for IELTS in April 2018; when the results were released, I had LSWR 7.5,8,7,9. I hurriedly calculated our scores and after several permutations, realised that its only having an 8 in listening that will give us a chance - I had not come across this thread then. I was pregnant and wasn't motivated to rewrite the exam. Then I came across this thread shortly afterwards and discovered i could even claim two or more certificates with my BSc and AAT from ICAN...imagine my joy.

I was instantly motivated and registered for another IELTS in July, I was heavily pregnant then. That day of the exam ehn...I sobbed quietly on my seat because the map section was just crazy. When the results were released, I had an 8 in listening...mhen i was overjoyed.

WES completed my evaluation in September; however, Lautech till now has not sent my husband's transcript so no evaluation for him. Thankfully he has a brother in Canada so we were able to get 15 points from him.

I had my baby shortly before ITA so we were able to include her in the application. We applied for her passport after ITA. See drama that day...she refused to open her eyes for a long time that day...eventually she did and we got the passport a couple of days later.

I booked an appointment with Qlife the day we got our ITA and was able to get an appointment for November 5. This was what delayed our AOR, really....all other documents were ready, thanks to this thread. Inspector Fatai came to the hospital to get our details for the PCC and delivered them to our house that same evening.

POF was Axa Mansard mutual funds and an education savings plan with Mutual Benefits

Reference letter was from my former place of work, where I spent over 5 years.

Travel history, I'm not sure if it's extensive...been to South Africa, London, Ghana, US and Dubai. I didn't need PCC for any.

As led by the Holy Spirit, my husband had a conviction that our PPR will come this week and it came. No ADR, no ghost update, just an email from CIC...so my people, if prayer works for you, please pray. My lips were filled with songs of thanksgiving this morning, I danced and danced because God's Word is true.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Yemsot: 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2019
klawaaa:
Hello everyone,

Another thing I would like to point out to you is this: when posting on social media ensure that you write correct English. The problem with majority of us is that we are too used to internet English and this affects our writing a lot.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by roblance: 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys,

Please how do i include my ICES BCIT client number with my transcript? Do I tell my university to write it at the back of the envelope or is there any form to fill? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by aklas87: 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2019
Gud day house, pls I need ur advice on something .
in 2017 I applied for visitor visa to Canada and my application was ready in december 2017, but unfortunately I was unable to pick it up since then due to a very "pathetic" reason. On Monday I went to VFS for the collection but I was told d application is no longer with them dat I should contact d embassy, wen I contacted the embassy through mail I received a response dat my passport has been sent to Zonal immigration office in Lagos.
My questions:
1. is it possible for me to get it at immigration office?
2 Do I need to pay some amount of money at immigration office nd hw easier or tedious is it to claim it?
pls serious answer or advice is needed.
below is d embassy response to my mail:
Good day,
You did not collect your package from the VAC within 30 days of their receipt of it. The VAC contacted you 3 times indicating that your package was ready for collection.
Your passport has been returned to the following address:
c/o Assistant Comptroller General
Nigeria Immigration Services
Zone “A” Headquarters
Ikeja, Lagos
Sincerely,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by klawaaa: 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
Cool... Thanks.
Yemsot:

Another thing I would like to point out to you is this: when posting on social media ensure that you write correct English. The problem with majority of us is that we are too used to internet English and this affects our writing a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2019
Till you start getting 37 constantly in both Listening and reading. You can do it #Focus

Also type IELTS listening on YouTube and practise. Those practise there are inexhaustible.
klawaaa:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by osagiepetre2b(m): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2019
Evening house. Need to know if ANNA is rated favorably by WES. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adeyemmy24: 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2019
Boom12:

Timeline

Family of 4
WES September 2018
CRS 454
ITA 3 October
AOR 6 November
MEP/BIL 11 December
Visa Office No idea

Congratulations!! What a time line!!!
The email address that sent your PPR mail should be your VO if am not mistaken
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by klawaaa: 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2019
Thanks... I do appreciate sir
kfrosh:
Till you start getting 37 constantly in both Listening and reading. You can do it #Focus

Also type IELTS listening on YouTube and practise. Those practise there are inexhaustible.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OgidiOlu3(m): 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2019
Good evening All. I need an advice and if my questions have already been answered, please do well to point me to them.
Can I combine 2 years+ experience in IT support with a year as a teacher (in a public school) during nysc to gain points? Or must I have 3 years or more in the same occupation to get the points?
Also, can I include NYSC as the employer or is that a recipe for disaster?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated as I will soon travel to my former PPA to get the reference letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrOba: 12:13am On Jan 23, 2019
My transcript was for my BTech. I applied online but had someone that helped follow up with it. Unfortunately the person has graduated and since left Ogbomoso.

manlikegb:
@MrOba, Pls how did you resolve your transcript situation in Lautech? Was it undergraduate or Post Graduate? And would your contact be able to assist with getting a PG transcript? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kashamadupe0906: 12:42am On Jan 23, 2019
OgidiOlu3:
Good evening All. I need an advice and if my questions have already been answered, please do well to point me to them.
Can I combine 2 years+ experience in IT support with a year as a teacher (in a public school) during nysc to gain points? Or must I have 3 years or more in the same occupation to get the points?
Also, can I include NYSC as the employer or is that a recipe for disaster?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated as I will soon travel to my former PPA to get the reference letter.

You don't need to have all the work experience in one particular job, you can combine to make a total experience of at least 3 years. but should have 1 year work experience from your selected NOC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by osagiepetre2b(m): 12:44am On Jan 23, 2019
Please good house, I need a contact for police report from the Nigerian police force Abuja. Help a brother
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by soulhighman(m): 1:25am On Jan 23, 2019
undecided
ontarioissauga:

grin losing my pof. Bye!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by manlikegb: 1:34am On Jan 23, 2019
MrOba:
My transcript was for my BTech. I applied online but had someone that helped follow up with it. Unfortunately the person has graduated and since left Ogbomoso.

Ok thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nono16(f): 5:04am On Jan 23, 2019
osagiepetre2b:
Please good house, I need a contact for police report from the Nigerian police force Abuja. Help a brother

Go to Louis Edet house (HQ), and head to the forensic department. They charge 10k per person. It should be ready in 3days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.