Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819153 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jjohndoe83: 8:27am On Jan 23, 2019
Tojued:

Lolz. No vex sha, but check page one (and page ones of previous threads). Check out all the resources and pick the one that works for you.
My oga trust me, I have done my due diligence small, thing is there are lots of materials, I just wanted to get your preferred one(s).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JonJon2017: 8:33am On Jan 23, 2019
Please ooo, can someone help:

JonJon2017:
Hi all, please I need help.

My PR Visa expires in July, while my passport expires in October. My travel date is last week of May.

Will this be a problem as passport validity will be less than 6 months. If it is, does CIC need to be contacted after passport renewal or just travel with the new & old passport that has the visa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jaymamma: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2019
Please start now.

Before you finish with ECA and IELTS, baby is likely here already.

Regardless, you can even add your baby at any point in your application. Not necessarily before you begin.

larrypha:
Hello everyone,

Please I need your advice. I have decided to relocate to Canada with hubby but i am pregnant due in early July. Do you think I should wait till after the baby is born before i register on the portal because I won't have a passport for my child if I am invited to apply before birth.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 8:54am On Jan 23, 2019
I so love success stories cheesy Congratulations to jholarharde & Omoalayonimi10, wishing you guys more good news in your new country!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by larrypha(f): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2019
joo2018:
Wait, ke!

Abeg start now! ECA and IELTS may take a lot of your time and you can add your baby to your application at any time in the journey.

Refer to page 1 for more.

Alright, I will. Sent my transcript to wes already from my university 2 weeks ago. It untracked, so I am waiting for wes to acknowledge receipt.
My ielts is late February also.

So i will sign up in March, God's Grace. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by akintunde63: 9:09am On Jan 23, 2019
Denov:
N57,630

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by akintunde63: 9:11am On Jan 23, 2019
[quote author=Pimi post=74940264]Hello guys,
Wes, Ices, Iqas which is most preferable?[
ICES is reigning at the moment, WES wahala is too much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ijoseda(m): 9:12am On Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for pointing this out!

While preparing for IELTS, I made a conscious effort to speak and write accurately. It's very important.

Yemsot:

Another thing I would like to point out to you is this: when posting on social media ensure that you write correct English. The problem with majority of us is that we are too used to internet English and this affects our writing a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by roblance: 9:12am On Jan 23, 2019
roblance:
Hi guys,

Please how do i include my ICES BCIT client number with my transcript? Do I tell my university to write it at the back of the envelope or is there any form to fill? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ologunsunny: 9:13am On Jan 23, 2019
OgidiOlu3:
Good evening All. I need an advice and if my questions have already been answered, please do well to point me to them.
Can I combine 2 years+ experience in IT support with a year as a teacher (in a public school) during nysc to gain points? Or must I have 3 years or more in the same occupation to get the points?
Also, can I include NYSC as the employer or is that a recipe for disaster?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated as I will soon travel to my former PPA to get the reference letter.

Am very interested in this question, can I use IT experience as part of the experience though am paid then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Susizo: 9:15am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations to the PPR clinchers... God shall be with you in your new home, we are joining you soon���Amen!

Please guys, I want to clarify two issues.
1. Reference letter from a previous job was given but salary was written in months not annual. I spent only 8 months there. Is that fine or I should request for another letter?

2. In the placeholder for legal document for change of name, can I use newspaper publication or I need to get an affidavit?

Thank you.

Hepp your junior here o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by abyejecks: 9:16am On Jan 23, 2019
Morning house, I need Clarification, I intend to use my nysc experience as my work experience which is 1yr. I have 10 months work experience but is in the skill level C which is not eligible for fsw. I have 100 points for age as well as Masters. Am the pa. Can I use only the 1yr experience as am seeing posts in minimum 3yrs experience as I only have bank statements for the 1yr. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ttemitope: 9:18am On Jan 23, 2019
jholarharde:

congratulations, favor in our new home
. I celebrate with you and your family.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:27am On Jan 23, 2019
Susizo:
Congratulations to the PPR clinchers... God shall be with you in your new home, we are joining you soon���Amen!

Please guys, I want to clarify two issues.
1. Reference letter from a previous job was given but salary was written in months not annual. I spent only 8 months there. Is that fine or I should request for another letter? Monthly figure is adequate.

2. In the placeholder for legal document for change of name, can I use newspaper publication or I need to get an affidavit? Affidavit is better if not mandatory.

Thank you.

Hepp your junior here o

Best wishes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:31am On Jan 23, 2019
abyejecks:
Morning house, I need Clarification, I intend to use my nysc experience as my work experience which is 1yr. I have 10 months work experience but is in the skill level C which is not eligible for fsw. I have 100 points for age as well as Masters. Am the pa. Can I use only the 1yr experience as am seeing posts in minimum 3yrs experience as I only have bank statements for the 1yr. Thank you

Minimum of 1 year work experience in eligible NOC is required.
Use the CRS calculator below to validate.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 9:35am On Jan 23, 2019
Let me recommend something.

For listening, when you pick up a practise, do it to the best of your ability and mark it. After marking it, go back to the questions and listen again to take note of where you were wrong. The next day,
or after a few days, go back to the same practise question and do it again. See if you are able to hear answers you got wrong the last time.
Repeat this process and see if your scores will improve.

Note: Keep track of all your practise scores to know if there's improvement or not.
klawaaa:
Thanks. I really appreciate. I plan to register in some months time after much practice. My previous exams I did not involve in much practice... even when I practice now I still don’t know why I miss out the answers while listening to the audio. Also, I notice major problem on the 3rd and the 4th sessions of the listening test especially the multiply choice questions. On the reading, I do have problem with matching headings and it takes me a lot of time getting main idea of paragraphs. Please what can be my best way to solve this problems

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations to you both @Omoalayonimi10 and @jholarharde.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 9:39am On Jan 23, 2019
Hello from the other side cheesy

51 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 9:39am On Jan 23, 2019
Wow!!

Congratulations to u oooo...

The Lord has done it... and it is marvellous in our sight.

Well... I'll still rate you low sha... PPR script falls short of our expectation. Your score: 3/10 grin grin grin grin

Go and prosper in your new land.

God bless u.

beeday:
He has done so much for me
I cannot tell it all
Nara ekele Mo...

#PPR

Timeline
ECA – Aug
IELTS – Sept 8
ITA – Oct 3
AOR – Nov 2
MEP/BIL - Dec 4
PPR – Jan 15
Family of 4

Nara nara eh, Nara ekele
Nara ekele Mo
Nara nara eh, Nara ekele
Nara ekele Mo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ebony9ja(m): 9:39am On Jan 23, 2019
Ladies & Gentlemen, This is our PPR story !!

Profile Created on November 13, 2018.

BC: IELTS : PA ( June 2, 2018) : LRWS : 8,8,7,7
BC: Spouse( Oct 27: 2018 ) : 8,8.5,6.5,7.5 .
ITA – NOVEMBER 15. CRS: 461- CUT OFF: 449.
NOV 21, 2018 – eAOR
DEC 28, 2018 – MEP/BIL
DEC 29,2018- GHOST UPDATE
DEC 31,2018 – BIOMETRICS COMPLETED @ VFS, LAGOS.
JAN 11,2019 – RAISED A WEB FORM FOR VO STATUS
JAN 15,2019- RESPONSE TO WEBFORM QUERY
JAN 21,2019- ‘HOW TO GET A JOB IN CANADA ‘ MAIL
JAN 23, 2019 (Dated Jan 22, 2019) COPR/PPR -

Madam is the PA. I am the coordinator/chief finance officer (self assigned role).

Medical at IOM – Nov 16. (Family of 5).
Notes: Network issues at IOM on NOV 16. Wasted time but we insisted we could not come back as we are not based in Lagos .E- medical forms were not provided due to aforementioned network issues but were later sent to my email on Nov 19 (Monday).

Medical & Police report was concluded same day. We returned to base on Saturday.

APPLICATION SUBMISSION/PAYMENT – NOVEMBER 21.
AOR – NOVEMBER 21.

We didn’t enter the pool until November due to delay in Madam’s pharmacy verification by PEBC. I have earlier updated her PEBC profile with a new Canadian address to fast-track receipt of the ECA from PEBC.

We used the ECA delay to plan adequately and get all documents in place. Our medical timing is fallout of these plans.

POF: (bank account + no objection letter). I used funds from one of my bank accounts for entire POF. As the accompany spouse, I wrote letter of no objection. No transfer was done to the PA’s account and no statement of account was uploaded. However, I got the Proof of funds letter in CIC format from my bank.

WORK EXPERIENCE: My wife got the work experience letter in CIC format. As an accompany spouse, I couldn’t get my company to approve work experience letter in CIC ‘s format. I uploaded the following instead: The request letter I wrote to HR; the response letter from HR (request was denied anyway). I also included promotion letters, pay stubs. Please note I have only worked for one company since I graduated from University. My documentation was pretty concise for this reason.

LETTER OF EXPLANATION: None. I tried to keep the application as simple as possible. So I didn’t see a need to write a letter of explanation.

Travel Histories: We have multiple travel histories to all major countries including Canada. One of my children is also a US citizen.

In particular reference to Canada, I have just renewed one of my daughters Canada visit visa in June 2018 .It will expire in 2023. So I included the UCIs in our applications. I guess they will probably cancel the visit visa though.

Siblings: My brother is a Canadian citizen. We claimed the statutory 15 points.
I also have a sister who is a PR holder. I once posted a story of my sister whose application was cancelled due to non-acceptance of ICAN certificate presented by her husband. You all knew how the ‘protest’ letter sent by her husband got the decision upturned culminating in the successful approval of their application.

$2700 - N765541= 283.533/1 CAD. – GT_RATE @ NOV 21.

MEP/BCL: DEC 28,2018. We got the email notification at 9.51pm. It came with the statutory biometric letter for madam and I.
1ST ghost update: DEC 29, 9.51pm. We got email for an update in our account profile. I checked. Nothing. I told madam she has just experienced her first ‘ghost ‘ update.
Biometrics was done at VFS Lekki on December 31, 2018.

I am a member of the NOV AOR whatapp group created by ‘RAMJ’. The group is quite active with constant engagement and banters on wide range of immigration related topics. I raised our first webform on January 11, 2019 to enquire about the VO treating my case, as this was a hot topic on the platform. CIC responded to my query on JAN 15 that our file is being treated at CIO (central intake office in Sydney, Nova Scotia; ‘‘the responsible office is currently verifying if our application meets the eligibility requirement’’.

Jan 21, 2019, I received the famous ‘ How to get a job in Canada form ‘. Again, in reference to our NOV 2018 whatapp group, we have had discussion on the significance or otherwise of this particular letter to the whole Canadian immigration journey. Some reported, and rightly so, that their files were transferred to another visa office, mostly the infamous ACCRA visa office a day after receiving the letter according to their GCMC feedback.

I started writing this story on receipt of eAOR , Nov 21, 2018 . It is humbling to conclude the final chapter in Jan 23, 2019 – 63 days post AOR. We thank God.

Jan 23 at 1:00AM Nigeria time: (dated Jan 22,2019) . COPR, PPR mail

That we shall succeed is as sure as God reigns!

134 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 23, 2019
klawaaa:
Thanks. I really appreciate. I plan to register in some months time after much practice. My previous exams I did not involve in much practice... even when I practice now I still don’t know why I miss out the answers while listening to the audio. Also, I notice major problem on the 3rd and the 4th sessions of the listening test especially the multiply choice questions. On the reading, I do have problem with matching headings and it takes me a lot of time getting main idea of paragraphs. Please what can be my best way to solve this problems

For heading matching, you can try the reading section on ieltsadvantage.com; he has some tips on this.

It will definitely end in praise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 9:45am On Jan 23, 2019
jholarharde:

Beautiful people, It's PPR

Awesome! Congrats jholarharde. Now you and Justin Trudeau are almost like dis.......

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 23, 2019
ebony9ja:

Congrats bro... This one na 10/10..lol

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dasizzling: 9:48am On Jan 23, 2019
wawu!!! Congrats o...All you November AOR people are just clinching PPR anyhow this morning.. Congrats once again. Go and succeed in your new land!

ebony9ja:

NOV 21, 2018 – eAOR
DEC 28, 2018 – MEP/BIL
JAN 11,2019 – RAISED A WEB FORM FOR VO STATUS
JAN 15,2019- RESPONSE TO WEBFORM QUERY
JAN 21,2019- ‘HOW TO GET A JOB IN CANADA ‘ MAIL
JAN 23, 2019 (Dated Jan 22, 2019) COPR/PPR -

That we shall succeed is as sure as God reigns!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2019
Newmum0615:

Welcome to our new home angry

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2019
ebony9ja:

NOV 21, 2018 – eAOR
DEC 28, 2018 – MEP/BIL

Congratulations!!

Ah God, pplease I need mine as fast as this..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 9:51am On Jan 23, 2019
Plenty congrats to @ebony9ja, @Omoalayonimi10, @Boom12 and @denero1. Cheers good people!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Susizo: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2019
fmsimple:

Best wishes.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 9:52am On Jan 23, 2019
Sis of life. Congratulations. I am so happy for you. I dey wait you for Canada.
jholarharde:

Beautiful people, It's PPR

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:04am On Jan 23, 2019
Newmum0615:
Whooooop!!! Welcome home!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Omoalayonimi10: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2019
@Jholarde Congrats Sis. I was also pregnant (about 6months) when I wrote my IELTS in February 2018. I had to speed up the reading section so I could use the Ladies. Lol
Wishing you the best smiley

Congrats @ebony9ja

Thank you @joo2018 @flyboi1 @Transformium @nomad26 @fmsimple @Topsmamen @FirstTImeUser @denero1 @Ifeoma77 @bronze25 and @beeodun

Off to lekki grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbelieve: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2019
Congratulations!!! To all PPR people go and prosper

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.