Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (817479 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by oge18: 7:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Biko so my results are out. how do i go about the request for d notification of result/ transcript to WES.
Please assist cos i am confused and dont know how to go about it. Thanks
Amandacanny:
That info is not correct. Once your final results are out,
you can request for a transcript and notification of result. I did my ECA before convocation. And that's with my NOUN MBA and it came out favourable from WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chrisophad(m): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2019
Godisincontrol:
Thank You lord
Congratulations. I wish you greater success ahead

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 26, 2019
Hi Good People,

Please how do I get the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E) for medicals?

Must I submit my application first?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gtessy: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2019
Please am interested in the materials graciouslymine@gmail.com
quote author=boco2126 post=73293040]On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.
[/quote]

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by phunmielomo(f): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2019
Please who has a contact in UNIBEN dat can help for transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Saskbound: 9:20pm On Jan 26, 2019
Heyooo I key into this timeline ��������

DrMrsCK:

I think this is true. A friend of mine just received PPR.
AOR November 28
PPR January 25
Family of 4

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Onyeenyeh: 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2019
Congratulations to everyone who has received COPR, PPR and ITA and also, those who have scaled IELTS. May we all be successful in this our chosen path.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gtessy: 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
Congratulations. I will surely give my testimony on this thread.

Omoalayonimi10:
Good morning guys, it's PPR!!!

*silent reader coming through*

IELTS- Feb 10, 2018 LSRW(8,8,8.5,7)
CRS- 466
ITA- June 25, 2018
AOR- August 20, 2018. 
Medical Passed/BIL- September 15, 2018
ADR (IMM5406) - December 15, 2018
Ghost Update - January 22
PPR - January 22

Family of 3
PA - Moi grin
CPC Ottawa

When we got IMM5406 ADR, I was so sure the PR mail was going to Land within a few days based on the TL of people with similar requests, but mbanu

After the ghost update, I just started celebrating

Lo and Behold, I woke up this morning 3.00a.m to see the golden mail. Hubby and I were even doubting because we thought we'd get the generic "New message in your account" mail. Thank God for an Egbon in another Canada group that confirmed it. We for don delete the email cheesy

Thank you to @ifeoma77 and @tojued. I learnt a lot from both of you about celebrating with others.
I pray you get your passport request emails soonest!

God did it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2019
Matma:

The assessment cost stays the same, regardless of how many credentials you ask IQAS to assess. However, if you ask for more than one credential to be assessed, it will take at least four weeks longer than average processing times.

Application fee: $200Courier fees: $15 for a Canadian address; $75 for an international address
If you are not a lawyer I would advice you avoid Iqas and use other evaluating bodies cos of longer evaluation time but otherwise go ahead with them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by happyme31: 10:14pm On Jan 26, 2019
Babyface6:

Please how much did you pay for your transcript in ABU Zaria and can you share your contact person with me? Thanks

Official fee is 36k. Contact person : 4k
Note: I had to pay for courier. They weren't ready to move an inch.
For the contact, do send a mail.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OYASALOF(f): 10:17pm On Jan 26, 2019
Hello all, please is it possible to claim 15 points from ones half brother that's already in Canada but he didn't include his halfsisters name in his application? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Very very possible, agents are fully capable of all sorts of rubbish.
Last weekend, I spoke to a family friend, she said she has an agent she wants to work with. Mr agent told her that the Canadian government will give you job, give you house and even pay for your airfare to Canada.
He billed her 2.8M. 1m upfront and 1.8m when she lands in Canada. I just put my hand on my head cry cry
This is the same way one of my colleagues was arguing confidently yesterday that you can't get Canadian PR without going through an agent. I smiled like I know nothing about the process smiley.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2019
thanks
joo2018:
I think you should wait for any ADR if indeed you will get it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2019
phunmielomo:

Postgraduate or Bachelor's degree transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Princelyod(m): 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2019
Gtessy:

LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

This too shall pass!

Princelyod.Pa@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chuchucalgary: 10:49pm On Jan 26, 2019
phunmielomo:
Still looking for? What faculty? PM me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chicyclass(f): 11:02pm On Jan 26, 2019
Congratulations!

flyboi1:
Long Post Alert!!!
TIMELINE
FSW outland
ECA - IQAS July 2016 (They were the fastest as at this time period – 3weeks)
IELTS;
20-08-2016 BC LRWS 8,6.5,7.5,6.5
25-05-2017 BC LRWS 8.5,6.5,7.0,8.0
29-07-2017 BC LRWS 8.5,6.5,7.0,8.0
28-10-2017 BC LRWS 8.5,7.0,7.0,7.0
30-06-2018 MOD LRWS 9,8,7,7.5
SPOUSE
28-07-2018 BC LRWS 9,8.5,7,8
ITA 22ND August 2018
AOR 27th september 2018
MEP & BIL 25TH october 2018
Ghost Update1 21st November 2018
Ghost Update2 22nd January 2019
Ghost Update3 23rd January 2019
PPR 25th January (Dated 24th )
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by abyejecks: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2019
Pls how do we log into Ices account as we want to know the status of his application. Password has been denied each time we want to log into. Which evaluating body asides Wes accepts statement of result since Ices is becoming slow?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boboro1: 11:24pm On Jan 26, 2019
O
Gtessy:

This too shall pass!

Brownayodele65@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Matma: 11:40pm On Jan 26, 2019
Hobyno:

The assessment cost stays the same, regardless of how many credentials you ask IQAS to assess. However, if you ask for more than one credential to be assessed, it will take at least four weeks longer than average processing times.

Application fee: $200Courier fees: $15 for a Canadian address; $75 for an international address
If you are not a lawyer I would advice you avoid Iqas and use other evaluating bodies cos of longer evaluation time but otherwise go ahead with them

Thanks for your response. I would have used WES but I'm having DOB error on certificate which I don't want it to conflict with other documents. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2019
Shyee:

I'd advise the person to be absolutely truthful in their application by raising a CSE to explain the discrepancy. Saw a rejection and a 5-year ban screenshot yesterday, though on false documents, but e get as these things be and make you feel. To be able to sleep well or at least allow a somewhat post AoR rest, let your application be straight up straightforward.

The post above was posted at 3:32am, I got PPR 6 minutes after(3:38 am) the way the Spirit wakes you up for Testimony ehn!

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2019
Shyee:

The post above was posted at 3:32am, I got PPR 6 minutes after(3:38 am) the way the Spirit wakes you up for Testimony ehn!
Congratulations! Pls share your timeline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Matma: 12:04am On Jan 27, 2019
Gtessy:

LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and

replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

This too shall pass!

Musbapo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 27, 2019
At a glance
HALLELUJAH!!!
Guys it's PPR.
ITA Oct 15, 2018
AOR Oct 27, 2018
ADR IMM 5465e or so, Nov 26
MEP/BIL Nov 28, 2018
Ghost update Jan 25
PPR Jan 26 at 3:38am
Ottawa VO
Family size 3
It's ending in Praise.

I plan and hope to flesh this up tomorrow...erm today, haven't slept since I got this news and I gotto church in the morning.
Amen to your Prayers too.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nwakaegoabisola(f): 12:31am On Jan 27, 2019
Gtessy:

This too shall pass!

Please send to me nwakaegoenwemasor@gmail.com
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nwakaegoabisola(f): 12:33am On Jan 27, 2019
Princelyod:
Princelyod.Pa@gmail.com

Please can you forward to me as well?

My e-mail address is nwakaegoenwemasor@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dinahgogo: 12:40am On Jan 27, 2019
efeklvn:

Postgraduate or Bachelor's degree transcript?

Please I need contact too for Uniben transcript undergraduate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 12:46am On Jan 27, 2019
Hello Johnnybravo,
I learnt you used CES for your evaluation.
I would love to know more about it. Thank you so much

johnnybravo1990:
A certain Abiodunnn tried to contact me via email. Please reach me on this forum. We can discuss whatever we want here. Other people will learn from it. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by obuksjr(m): 1:20am On Jan 27, 2019
Following
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by johnnybravo1990: 2:10am On Jan 27, 2019
Abiodunnn:
Hello Johnnybravo,
I learnt you used CES for your evaluation.
I would love to know more about it. Thank you so much

Yea.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html#designated

Go to the above link, and you will see the 5 designated bodies. CES is the first one. Click it, then click 'ECA for immigration purposes'. Then click 'apply now'. It then goes to a page which shows you the cost (210 Canadian dollars.) However, along the line, there is additional 90 dollars or so for international posting of the ECA report to you; the only option if you do not want to pay the 90 dollars is if you will pick the report in their office in Toronto. Clicking 'apply now' again takes you to a page where it asks you to log in, or to register if you are new user. Feel free to register(you will not be penalised for registering even if you won't use CES for your ECA eventually, but please, don't forget your username and password). The particular page where it prompts you to enter you username and password, it will do you good to bookmark the page for convenience of subsequent log-ins. After registering and logging in, in the further pages you open, you will see questions regarding your personal and educational history. So fill the pages as you go on, if you choose to use CES for your ECA.

But I will summarise what you need, though I may skip some points unintentionally. The only hardcopy document you need to send to CES is your transcript from your school(I called them personally on phone to confirm this). Every other document is soft copy and should be uploaded in your online application. Such documents include data page of international passport, your academic transcript and your degree certificate. Each of the soft copy documents should be coloured, in pdf format, and all pages of each document should be captured, even if it is a blank page. For your hard copy transcript, when posting, include the 'student number' in the address. The student number is usually generated for you when you register in the CES site and it normally begins with 'X'.

Somewhere in the CES website, it tells you processing time is 12 weeks after all documents have been received. I cannot independently confirm this because I am just 10 weeks post-transcript-delivery. One downside of using CES is that your profile/online portal is not updated many weeks after your transcript reaches them(mine was updated 9 weeks and 2 days after delivery of my transcript to them). So ensure you track your transcript as it is being delivered; that will help you know your transcript has gotten to them.

To my understanding, there is no WAEC verification issue with CES. Whether CES verifies your transcript with your school is not made known. Should there be any issue with your application, CES will contact you; so I was told in their reply to one of my emails I sent to them.

20 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ologunsunny: 2:42am On Jan 27, 2019
Gtessy:

This too shall pass!

Ologundep@gmail.com thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Matma: 2:52am On Jan 27, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Yea.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html#designated

Go to the above link, and you will see the 5 designated bodies. CES is the first one. Click it, then click 'ECA for immigration purposes'. Then click 'apply now'. It then goes to a page which shows you the cost (210 Canadian dollars.) However, along the line, there is additional 90 dollars or so for international posting of the ECA report to you; the only option if you do not want to pay the 90 dollars is if you will pick the report in their office in Toronto. Clicking 'apply now' again takes you to a page where it asks you to log in, or to register if you are new user. Feel free to register(you will not be penalised for registering even if you won't use CES for your ECA eventually, but please, don't forget your user name and password). The particular page where it prompts you to enter you username and password, it will do you good to bookmark the page for convenience of subsequent log-ins. After registering and logging in, in the further pages you open, you will see questions regarding your personal and educational history. So fill the pages as you go on.

But I will summarise what you need, though I may skip some points unintentionally. The only hardcopy document you need to send to CES is your transcript from your school(I called them personally on phone to confirm this). Every other document is soft copy and should be uploaded in your online application. Such documents include data page of international passport, your academic transcript and your degree certificate. Each of the soft copy documents should be coloured, in pdf format, and all pages of each document should be captured, even if it is a blank page. For your hard copy transcript, when posting, include the 'student number' in the address. The student number is usually generated for you when you register in the CES site and it normally begins with 'X'.

Somewhere in the CES website it tells you processing time is 12 weeks after all documents have been received. I cannot independently confirm this because I am just 10 weeks post-transcript-delivery. One downside of the CES is that your profile/online portal is not updated many weeks after your transcrot reaches them(mine was updated 9 weeks delivery after delivery of my transcript to them). So ensure you track you transcript as it is being delivered; that will help you know your transcript has gotten to them.

To my understanding, there is no WAEC verification issue with CES. Whether CES verifies your transcript with your school is not made known. Should there be issues with your application, I believe they will contact you via email or phone.

But Schools don't release transcript to individuals or is it optional?

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.