Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (818877 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
Abiodunnn:
Good day my people,
Please i need some clarifications on Transcripts palava.. I'm requesting for my hubby's MSc and my own BSc transcripts to be sent to CES, i want to confirm if its possible to send both documents in the same envelope so as to cut some costs. I've registered both of us with CES and we have our different identification numbers, I'm thinking this should not be a problem since our ID nos will be written on our cover letters.
What do you think?
Thank you guys.
They specified on their website that it should be sent directly from the institution. They might make the exception but try and confirm from them first before you send. Use the 'contact us' link or call them. Just to be safe
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:59pm On Feb 18, 2019
NubianQueen87:
Hello house.

I have a disturbing thought that was brought on by a concerned friend.

I am claiming only NYSC as work experience. I served 2010-2011, which falls under the 10year band required by CIC. I worked for my Mom but my salary can't be traced to an account because we had a special agreement on payment mode.

My question is,does it matter that my last job (that can be proved)was 9years ago? Will this in any way affect my application?
It doesn't matter that it's 9 years ago, you can use the NYSC

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2019
AdetonaDami:
Please am I getting something wrong,

I have a cousin over there, according to what I read oooo related by blood, step blah blah, sibling

Can I claim my cousin as my close relative too in order to increase my CRS score and hope this won't affect her in anyway cos I dont want to trouble or stress her.
No you can't use your cousin to claim CRS points. It has to be sibling or sibling-inlaw

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2019
uche13:
Dear All,

Please I'm having issues with my application. I'm the primary applicant. I have evaluated my certificate with iqas and for professional degree evaluation, ielts was 8,8,8.5,7. Hubby evaluated with WES but didnt wrote ielts because our points came up to 444.

I tried creating my profile today and after submitting, they said I was ineligible. They didn't even give me my points.

I'm wondering what the matter is. Is it because hubby didn't write ielts? I was informed that the secondary applicant doesn't need to.

Any advice will be much appreciated
What NOC did you use?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ifeoma77:

No you can't use your cousin to claim CRS points. It has to be sibling or sibling-inlaw

OK thanks for the info
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
Topsmamen:

No you can’t. Your cousin is not your sibling.
Thanks for the info
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ohiomoba5:

Don tee did they requested for nysc certificate..... I m yet to serve i dont know if they will accept me without nysc certificate...

for PGD, they wont but they will for Masters.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by souvie: 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
Please was this for the complete stage or for any of the stages? My spouse is planning to write intermediate 2, is this sufficient?

Fadia:
Yes, it is. WES evaluated mine as equivalent to a 3-year bachelor's degree program.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 7:18pm On Feb 18, 2019
Mhen... it was an oversight ooo.... abeg I go do am now.

iPopAlomo:

Oga lecturer.... Just noticed you didn't grade my timeline... Nah zero me go score you...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ohiomoba5:
Please house can i use cipm for two or more degrees
Yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ifeyemi200(f): 7:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
Please, is there December AOR whatapp group?? I would like to join abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 7:38pm On Feb 18, 2019
topacs:
[s]With a cousin in Manitoba that's additional 15 points totaling around 439 to 444 then you be perfectly safe.[/s]

Manitoba points count for points for Manitoba provincial nominations and not CRS points.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ocon: 7:40pm On Feb 18, 2019
Good Evening house, please need help in confirming my CRS score and possible advice from everyone
Profile below
24yrs single
Bsc degree
Assuming an IELTS score of 8777
One year NYSC service as job experience

I calculated the CRS score and I got 404 (though I'm not sure if I did it right)

What is the added advantage if I go for a master's degree?
Or is it better if I start learning French for TEF? (I have no knowledge presently).
Which school in Nigeria can I get Msc in the shortest possible time?

Thanks

***I'm presently in the middle of NYSC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by topacs: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2019
On the crs tool, the last part which ask if you have a blood relation in canada, since he has a cousin in Manitoba (Canada) He can claim 15 point towards express entry with that adding to his supposed 429..

Tojued:

Manitoba points count for points for Manitoba provincial nominations and not CRS points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
NubianQueen87:
Hello house.

I have a disturbing thought that was brought on by a concerned friend.

I am claiming only NYSC as work experience. I served 2010-2011, which falls under the 10year band required by CIC. I worked for my Mom but my salary can't be traced to an account because we had a special agreement on payment mode.

My question is,does it matter that my last job (that can be proved)was 9years ago? Will this in any way affect my application?
Hi. Of course, you can use your Nysc experience. In addition, if you could prove that you are paid for your present work with mum, maybe in her reference letter , she could put'paid in cash' for mode of payment, it could fly too.
Ask specific questions about proving work experience, you should get help here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kmgb1: 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2019
stonecoldcafe:

You have mail...

Seen and replied grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2019
topacs:
On the crs tool, the last part which ask if you have a blood relation in canada, since he has a cousin in Manitoba (Canada) He can claim 15 point towards express entry with that adding to his supposed 429..

Still incorrect. Don't even know where to start addressing correction from, the entire premise is so faulty.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iPopAlomo(m): 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2019
ifeyemi200:
Please, is there December AOR whatapp group?? I would like to join abeg

Send me a PM... I'll reply with the link...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
Congrats to all the PPR clinchers (my sister fyorgyn!!! cheesy ).....peeps preparing for TEF, IELTS...waiting for ECA. ...gathering POF ......una weh done

So no draw for some time.....got me doing some maths.....conclusion is that those of us in the low 430s should think of ways to increase our points o.. ..me I'm a TEF advocate. ..others may prefer 2 degrees etc

Follow me do maths.....

2019 target is 82k immigrants...let's round it up to 100k.

Assuming 2x monthly draws at 4k per draw, that's 2x4,000x12=96k add a bonus draw of 4k to make up our 100k.

If you look at the CRS score distribution as at Jan 25 draw...hhhmmm

601 to 1200 - 86 peeps
451 to 600 - 305 peeps
441 to 450 - 660 peeps
431 to 440 - 9,522 peeps

Granted deaw came out at 438...but question is if we assume an equal distribution in this 431 to 440 band...they will have to invite nearly 10k people in one draw for the CRS to fall to 431.

Not to put a downer on anyone...just to encourage us to work at increasing points(where possible) before birthday comes to deduct 5.

Peace out!

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Denerystormborn: 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hello all. I wanted to know who evaluated his or her btech from lautech.how long it took and the process.a friend of mine has paid for the transcript since late January and it still has not left the school to wes. I will also appreciate a sure link who can help fast track once I pay on the lautech website.please help a sister.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sannisege: 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
My people una well done oo. Abeg when is the next draw likely to happen? I'm in the pool and my CRS score is 486.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by johnnybravo1990: 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2019
I just touched down Abuja for medicals. Please where is the exact address for IOM Abuja and how to get there? I'll be leaving from Apo Resettlement.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
topacs:

Please always advice people with correct information.
This is not true.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
johnnybravo1990:
I just touched down Abuja for medicals. Please where is the exact address for IOM Abuja and how to get there? I'll be leaving from Apo. Thanks.

If you have funds, use uber or taxify. ₦800-1200?If you've never ever used taxify PM me and I'll send you a code so that your first ride will be free.

Otherwise
Route 1
take along vehicle from apo to area 1. Any vehicle at all. Can be keke or taxi. ₦50-150
From area 1 enter along to wuse market (taxi). ₦100-150
From wuse market take drop to IOM, No. 4 Buchanan Cres, Wuse 11, Abuja. Just tell the cab Buchanan Crescent after Banex. ₦300-500

Or from Wuse Market take along (taxi) to Banex. Then use Google maps to trek to IOM. N100-150

Route 2
From apo ask if there's direct vehicle to wuse market and take this option. Then continue as described above.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by johnnybravo1990: 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2019
Tojued:

If you have funds, use uber or taxify. ₦1200-1900
Otherwise take along vehicle from apo to area 1. Any vehicle at all. Can be keke or taxi. ₦100-150
From area 1 enter along to wuse market (taxi). ₦100-150
From wuse market take drop to IOM. ₦300-500

Going to check exact location of IOM on map, will fine tune directions once I have it.

Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cmoney22222: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
Oya almighty formular vs simultaneous equation leading to futuristic forecasting angry grin

Mamaroon:
Congrats to all the PPR clinchers (my sister fyorgyn!!! cheesy ).....peeps preparing for TEF, IELTS...waiting for ECA. ...gathering POF ......una weh done

So no draw for some time.....got me doing some maths.....conclusion is that those of us in the low 430s should think of ways to increase our points o.. ..me I'm a TEF advocate. ..others may prefer 2 degrees etc

Follow me do maths.....

2019 target is 82k immigrants...let's round it up to 100k.

Assuming 2x monthly draws at 4k per draw, that's 2x4,000x12=96k a[/b]dd a bonus draw of 4k to make up our 100k.

If you look at the CRS score distribution as at Jan 25 draw...hhhmmm

[b]601 to 1200 - 86 peeps
451 to 600 - 305 peeps
441 to 450 - 660 peeps
431 to 440 - 9,522 peeps

Granted deaw came out at 438...but question is if we assume an equal distribution in this 431 to 440 band...they will have to invite nearly 10k people in one draw for the CRS to fall to 431.

Not to put a downer on anyone...just to encourage us to work at increasing points(where possible) before birthday comes to deduct 5.

Peace out!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

Thanks bro.

Post has been fine tuned.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by justwise(m): 9:02pm On Feb 18, 2019

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.