Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,227 members, 7,807,760 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes (19427 Views)

Why Do Some Aeroplanes Get Sprayed With Water At The Airport? / Aeroplanes Can Now Refuel At The Anambra Airport / Omole Estate: One Of Lagos's Oldest Residential Estates (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 14, 2018
Why is overland not here? Their aircrafts should be more than 30 years old averagely, especially the planes that ply Ilorin/Abuja/Ibadan/Lagos.
Automotive1:

Credits: Vanguard

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by zevous: 9:36am On Nov 14, 2018
BedLam:
I was actually looking for one person that has sense untill I saw this. A lot stupid people just want to say something for no reason.
The funny thing is Lion Air has a very bad record and one. Lots of issues from the past year and Iearned that pilot pay them to fly because they want to add to their years of experience. Instead of them paying first class pilots.

It's funny how everyone missed " the average age of plane is 25 years ".
Comparing Ethiopian that does long route to arik that flies only West Africa. They are mad.

You are valid sir.. the age of the plane doesn't determine it's efficiency. I read an article last night which explained that reason for the crash of the Boeing max a new plane with less than 800 flying hours was because of a new saftey feature that was added and the pilots weren't trained on it..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by adegeye38(m): 9:48am On Nov 14, 2018
Skirmishes:
Everything about NIGERIA is in the negative compared with other African countries.. if we ask Buhari now, he will say we have the best planes in the world.

May GOD help us.,
things have been dis way b4 buhari came he came just 3 yrs ago, naija's problem is a deep rooted one, that transcends one single man
Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by adetayo234: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2018
34webers:

It is not codeine; it is self-belief grin
Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by Bunkero: 10:25am On Nov 14, 2018
That's why i love flying Arik air only. It's much safer, but at the end, God is the protector of life cos even a brand new Airplane can still crash due to do many other reasons
Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by baratech: 10:31am On Nov 14, 2018
Nigeria why?!!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by hymzi: 10:38am On Nov 14, 2018
deloon:
Na wa o. I'm not flying Dana again.
LOL....stay there o. all airlines fly OLD planes its about maintenance and not age. Be enlightened

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by hymzi: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2018
The age of an aircraft doesnt matter but maintenance. Every aircraft has a maintenance program and if the airlines keep to it they are fine. Nigeria's airspace has been safe and remains the safest sef. since 2012 I think DANA Has also improved massively in terms of safety and they know better. The government neeeds to assist the airlines to be strong too. Lion air crashed recently. The aircraft wasnt up to 3 months old and there are many cases. The writer is IGNORANT.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by Justanodadude: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2018
nonye6194:
This one na old news, explorers made a thread on this last year in details, where they buy their planes and the refurbishment process it undergoes before coming to put Nigerians in danger grin

but naija sha grin

Pls be kind enough to share the name of the thread or the link to that.
Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by adaxxy: 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2018
meezynetwork:
I thought air peace bought a brand new aircraft of recent?
OMOLUWABI WAAGBAYI..
.Please direct the question to Tundebricklayer advertising Air peace about acquiring brand news airplanes...
like I said...these people tells you what you want to hear,
They can't afford brand new airplanes..
2 of their airplanes sitting in aerocontractors hangers for repairs and this affected their flights from Lagos to portharcourt
Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by nonye6194: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
Justanodadude:

Pls be kind enough to share the name of the thread or the link to that.

https://www.nairaland.com/4148647/graveyards-around-world-where-planes
Re: Nigeria’s Commercial Airlines Fly Africa’s Oldest Aeroplanes by nonye6194: 6:50pm On Nov 14, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ogun, Two Die, 12 Vehicles Burnt / The Agony Of Passport Expiration In Vietnam / Federal Govt Completes Dualisation Of 220km Keffi-Akwanga-Lafia-Makurdi Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.