Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,096 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion (14777 Views)

We Are Behind You, Oshiomhole’s Mother, Edo North Professionals Tell Osinbajo / Soldiers Who Shot Protesters Must Face The Law, US Officials Tell Osinbajo / Akwa Ibom: Government To Resuscitate Abandoned N5.8 Billion Ibom Science Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2018

3 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2018
1. Osinbajo Illegally Approved Release of N5.8 Billion
Presenting the committee’s report for consideration during plenary on Thursday, the chairman of the committee, Ali Isa (Gombe). said as the then acting president, Mr Osinbajo illegally approved the release of N5.8 billion in June 2017 from the Consolidated Revenue Fund Account to NEMA.

The committee chairman, Ali Isa, while presenting the report said the authorisation for the release of the fund for emergency food intervention in the North East contravened Section 80(4) of the 1999 Constitution as amended.

The section states that, “No money shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Revenue Fund or any other public fund of the federation, except in the manner prescribed by the National Assembly”.

2. Osinbajo Authorised It And Ensured That Taxes Accruable To FIRS were not deducted nor did He Seek Approval of FEC

The lawmakers also stated that the authorisation did not follow due process as taxes and interest accruable to the government were not deducted or remitted to FIRS and no meeting of the Federal Executive Council approved the contracts.

3. The Monies Were Shared To Individual Banks And Violated The Law on Approval Limit
The committee said the funds were credited directly to the individual banks of the companies and NEMA’s bank account, in violation of the approval limit allowed by law.

4. How Osinbajo And Friends Shared The Money
The committee said out of the N5.8 billion, NEMA got N829 million for logistics and claimed it spent N369.5 million on general logistics; N189 million on branding and packaging; N248.6 million on branding and packaging and N21.9 million on contingency.

5. Committee Report Was Adopted
The House, adopting the recommendations of the report, called for the dismissal and prosecution of the director-general of NEMA, Mustapha Maihaja, for fraud, corruption and embezzlement of N33 billion Emergency Intervention Fund, as well as all the government officials involved in the approval, processing, release and diversion of the fund.

It also said the Central Bank of Nigeria, being banker to the federal government, should not have been involved in giving loans to private companies and as such, should be investigated for the N2 billion loan said to have been given to four named companies.

The committee’s investigation of NEMA covered the release of N5.8 billion and N3.1 billion emergency food intervention of food security in the North East in 2017; the 6, 779 metric tonnes of rice donated by the Chinese government to IDPs in the North East and the payment of about N800 million demurrage on the donated rice.

The committee stated that N33 billion was lost by the federal government due to Mr Maihaja’s mismanagement and outright embezzlement of funds.

6. The House Called For Sack Of DG-NEMA
The House unanimously agreed to ask President Muhammadu Buhari to relieve the director-general of NEMA of his duties and hand him over to relevant authorities for prosecution.

7. Fellow Nigerians What Happens To Yemi Osinbajo?

Articles was sourced from Premium Times

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/294766-breaking-reps-panel-indicts-osinbajo-calls-for-sack-of-nema-boss.html

Written by Tonyebarcanista

Let's Make Nigeria Working Again...

26 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2018
The House Ad-hoc Chairman, Hon. Ali Isa, however, told reporters in Abuja Tuesday that although there was nowhere in the committee’s report where Osinbajo was specifically mentioned, the Vice President cannot be exonerated from the mismanagement of the fund.

“Yes, of course, he (Osinbajo) does have questions to answer. He may have questions to answer because he is the chairman of the governing council of NEMA and he was acting president that gave the approval.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:49am On Nov 14, 2018
“Though in our report, there was nowhere specifically the committee mentioned either Vice President or Prof. Osinbajo, but what I also know is that he is the chairman of the Governing Council of NEMA. So, if he knows something that I don’t know, his office may be able to respond to some of the issues,” the lawmaker noted.

According to Isa, the committee actually sent a letter to Osinbajo to appear before the committee but he sent someone to represent him.

“The committee wanted to get more information but the governing council was suspended to jeopardise the investigation. When the committee tried to ask questions they started apportioning blames. No procurement, no contract was awarded, no single company has procurement letter; if they let me have the privilege of publishing it,” he stated.

The lawmakers have sustained their allegation that government officials diverted the sum of N5.8bn earmarked for emergency intervention and food security in the North-East” in 2017, and another N17bn released from the Ecological Fund to NEMA.

There is also the allegation that through a memo that emanated from Osinbajo’s office, he authorised the N5.8bn in June 2017 from the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the federation without the approval of the National Assembly in contradiction of Section 80 (4) of the 1999 Constitution.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/13/neast-intervention-fund-house-insists-osinbajo-has-questions-to-answer/?amp

What is this administration hiding?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by PRYCE(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2018
Osinbajo the thief with a collar & cassock!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by PRYCE(m): 8:52am On Nov 14, 2018
The way wey God go punish this Mere Commissioner eh, even Nebuchadnezzar go surprise!

Rogues and thieves in Government.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2018
Mynd44 and Lalasticlala,

I posit that the thread on Front-page alleging Reps never indicted Osinbajo is misleading and doctored. All media houses, including channels published the position of the committee yesterday plus the full video is on YouTube, which I've shared here

25 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by kingsamosy(m): 8:55am On Nov 14, 2018
So many people go to sleep every night on empty stomach, while less than 0.1% of the population is busy looting the treasury dry. We the masses will keep saying "It is well", when in the real sense nothing is well. Suffering and smiling is a disease on it own.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:00am On Nov 14, 2018
Just imagine how fake Pastor Yemi Osinbajo and Friends were sharing our money... N5.8 billion

1. They said N829 million was for logistics

2. They still said ANOTHER N369.5 million was on general logistics

3. They said N189 million was on branding and packaging

4. They still said another N248.6 million was on branding and packaging

5. They said N21.9 million was for contingency.

34 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2018
PRYCE:
The Way wey God go punish this Mere Commissioner eh even Nebuchadnezzargo surprise!
I'm surprised!

Where is that impostor @OfficialPDPNig

14 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by PRYCE(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Just imagine how fake Pastor Yemi Osinbajo and Friends were sharing our money... N5.8 billion

This is Abacha-Scale looting!

And that a pastor is perpetrating it makes it even worse.

Anti-Corruption my lizard's ballz sad angry

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2018
PRYCE:

This is Abacha-Scale looting!

And that a pastor is perpetrating it makes it even worse.

Anti-Corruption my lizard's ballz sad angry
Abacha de learn work for him side

30 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by dullardeen(m): 9:19am On Nov 14, 2018
Buhari & his cohorts are all thieves parading themselves as technocrats and service-guided people!

Maina
Ganduje
Malami
Kyari
El-Rufai
NHIS Sec.
Obanikoro
Osinbajo
Tinubu
Shittu
Kemi
Etc

lalasticlala

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by OAUTemitayo: 9:52am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You are a pathological liar.

All these nonsense accusations, we know the work of who you are doing..

Let me now sound this into your ear....

We Yorubas know very well that PDP, Dogara and Saraki are after Osinbajo so as to deplete the votes of Buhari in South West..

You know what, I have been on the fence before, but with this, I have to ensure Osinbajo is not destroyed by you and your paid hacks.

We are mobilising powerfully for APC in 2019.
You are gonna push Yoruba to the extent we would fight you to a standstill.

You and the children of hate from the other side of the Niger, continue. You will be thoroughly disgraced next year.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by Racoon(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2018
Corruption!!! They've been shouting yet the Buhari/ Osinbajo-led APC government turned out to be the "worstest" corruption encased regime ever seen in the history of Nigeria.

TonyeBarcanista:
I posit that the thread on Front-page alleging Reps never indicted Osinbajo is misleading and doctored.

All media houses, including channels published the position of the committee yesterday plus the full video is on YouTube, which I've shared here
Shame on that APC spin doctor.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24am On Nov 14, 2018
OAUTemitayo:

We Yorubas know very well that PDP, Dogara and Saraki are after Osinbajo so as to deplete the votes of Buhari in South West..

You know what, I have been on the fence before, but with this, I have to ensure Osinbajo is not destroyed by you and your paid hacks.

You and the children of hate from the other side of the Niger, continue. You will be thoroughly disgraced next year.
Here we go again, playing the TRIBAL card because an APC man is the culprit. Kolewerk

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by Racoon(m): 10:24am On Nov 14, 2018
[s]
OAUTemitayo:
.You are a pathological liar.All these nonsense accusations, we know the work of who you are doing.Let me now sound this into your ear....

We Yorubas know very well that PDP, Dogara and Saraki are after Osinbajo so as to deplete the votes of Buhari in South West.You know what, I have been on the fence before, but with this, I have to ensure Osinbajo is not destroyed by you and your paid hacks.

You are gonna push Yoruba to the extent we would fight you to a standstill.You and the children of hate from the other side of the Niger, continue. You will be thoroughly disgraced next year.
[/s]

Corruption knows no bounds: race, regional block, ethnic divide/supremacist, religious coloration or any other criteria you may wish to rationalize it as Nigeria have had it own fair share of massive corruption from the six corners of it map.

VP Osinbajo was implicated in an alleged corruption and criminal abuse of office.Pls let him answer for himself.Better remove OAU from that your Monika.

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2018
dullardeen:
Buhari & his cohorts are all thieves parading themselves as technocrats and service-guided people!

Maina
Ganduje
Malami
Kyari
El-Rufai
NHIS Sec.
Obanikoro
Osinbajo
Tinubu
Shittu
Kemi
Etc

lalasticlala
Lala follow for the level? shocked

9 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by OAUTemitayo: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Here we go again, playing the TRIBAL card because an APC man is the culprit. Kolewerk
You and your wailing team will learn the hard way next election.

The unwarranted attack on Osinbajo is the reason I personally will support the reelection of Buhari because we will never allow people voting PDP in erosion ravaged region to rubbish Osinbajo.

5 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Racoon:
[s][/s]

Corruption knows no bounds: race, regional block, ethnic divide/supremacist, religious coloration or any other criteria you may wish to rationalize it as Nigeria have have it own fair share of massive corruption from the six corners of it map.

VP Osinbajo was implicated in an alleged corruption and criminal abuse of office.Pls let him answer for himself.Better remove OAU from that your Monika.
No mind am. Even Ayourb was speechless on Khakaki this morning

21 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2018
OAUTemitayo:

You and your wailing team will learn the hard way next election.

The unwarranted attack on Osinbajo is the reason I personally will support the reelection of Buhari because we will never allow people voting PDP in erosion ravaged region to rubbish Osinbajo.
You never saw personal attack when Gandollar was indicted nor when Dimeji Bankole was indicted. Now it is Osinbajo, your principal and you are shouting attack.

36 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by haladadon: 10:37am On Nov 14, 2018
what's wrong if someone says that Osibanjo has a case to answer.
he hasn't been convicted yet, he just needs to answer the questions.

9 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by haladadon: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

You never saw personal attack when Gandollar was indicted nor when Dimeji Bankole was indicted. Now it is Osinbajo, your principal and you are shouting attack.

hahahaha.

12 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2018
haladadon:
what's wrong if someone says that Osibanjo has a case to answer.

he hasn't been convicted yet, he just needs to answer the questions.
Na Naija we de! We know when person chop money even Judges and Prosecutors know but dem de code.

If Reps Recommend the sack of DG NEMA, what about the Oga patapata VP that approved and supervised the sharing?

17 Likes

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by jmaine: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2018
OAUTemitayo:

You don't speak for the Yorubas. Your decision to vote PMB was a certainty, stop using this expose as an avenue to reawaken a dead and lifeless pair of presidential candidates.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by Officialpdpnig: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm surprised!

Where is that impostor @OfficialPDPNig

You are clearly a hungry PDP supporter. 12,500 I rejected and which you are currently collecting for your attacks on an innocent man must be the best you ever had.

Even your own post makes you look stupid.

Yes, of course, he (Osinbajo) does have questions to answer. He may have questions to answer because he is the chairman of the governing council of NEMA and he was acting president that gave the approval

He may does not translate to he must.

Besides what the statement implies is that he may be asked to explain.

How is that an indictment?

At the rate you are going, our PDP will never increase your pay. You are doing a poor job at twisting a narrative.

Have you forgotten what we were told in the situation room?

1) When attempting to spin a story, be mindful of language used in the original story.

This was our very first lesson and you already failed at that.

Instead of you to focus on the fasting in AKS and repent of your lies, you are still bent on your 12,500 naira lies

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by Afamed: 10:56am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
No mind am. Even Ayourb was speechless on Khakaki this morning
Tonyebarcanista how far is the fasting in Akwa Ibom going?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by OAUTemitayo: 10:58am On Nov 14, 2018
jmaine:

You don't speak for the Yorubas. Your decision to vote PMB was a certainty, stop using this expose as an avenue to reawaken a dead and lifeless pair of presidential candidates.
Egbon Jmaine, Eku ise takun takun, eleya te se ni Osun, ti ese ni Ekiti ati Ondo, owun letun ra owo le abi?

Ajekun iya lema je. Kosi ogbon ka ma ma ri awon Obayeje kan kan ni ilu, ninu won leyin fe wa abi?

Nitori Osinbajo, lawa se ma GBE Ogun ti eyin tawon ti won fi ipa ji baba won lararo ti fun ni dodo je.

Ema sopo dahunsi owun ti mo so yi, nitori ito lasan lema ja.

lol

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by Afamed: 11:00am On Nov 14, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Na Naija we de! We know when person chop money even Judges and Prosecutors know but dem de code.

If Reps Recommend the sack of DG NEMA, what about the Oga patapata VP that approved and supervised the sharing?
This is one of the Propagandas you people concluded in Dubai during the gathering of looters. A purchase/ procurement that was made since 2017. You have suddenly come up in 2018 when the election is around the corner to make it one of your Propaganda tools?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by OAUTemitayo: 11:02am On Nov 14, 2018
Afamed:

This is one of the Propagandas you people concluded in Dubai during the gathering of looters. A purchase/ procurement that was made since 2017. You have suddenly come up in 2018 when the election is around the corner to make it one of your Propaganda tools?
Leave them. Somebody like me that was sitting on the fence before, I have been pushed to defend the innocent man.
Tonye has always been the highest bidder wins.

With his writing skills, he will make millions writing for companies online but he chose to do paid hacks.
smh

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by Davidfash10000: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2018
Sad News For Psquare. The Duo Is Confirmed To Be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faA0Fr9DdcI

Sad News For Fans Of Regina Daniels. The Actress In Tears As She Suffers From...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNKfQxisoMk
Re: You Have A Case To Answer - Reps Tell Osinbajo Over NEMA's N5.8 Billion by Optmus(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2018
G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki: Why Buhari Has No Integrity / Breaking News Sad! Look At What I Saw Today I Have To Take The Picture Myself / Senate Approves Over N214bn For Buhari Over N180bn Virement Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.