Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:07 PM

Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai (219 Views)

2023: I Consulted Widely Before Declaring For Presidency - Amaechi / Senate: I Consulted With Buhari, Tinubu Before Contesting - Ndume / Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by sarrki(m): 10:40am On Nov 14, 2018
Kaduna State Governor Nasir el-Rufai on Tuesday said he settled for Dr. Hadiza Balarabe, a fellow Muslim, as his running mate in the 2019 governorship election in the state because she is the right person for the job.

The governor, who received in audience the people of Sanga Local Government Area at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House, Kaduna, who came to thank him for picking their daughter as his running mate, said he based his choice on competence and performance.

“Muslim-Muslim ticket is not a religious ticket but a competence and performance ticket,” the governor said.

READ ALSO: EFCC gets fresh forfeiture order on N1.2bn, $327,132.35, £167.85, €157.90

Balarabe’s choice as el-Rufai’s running mate had generated criticism in the state.

But el-Rufai, while responding to critics, said before he picked Balarabe, he consulted President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said, “About a year ago, the Deputy Governor, Barnabas Bala, told me that he was going to contest the senatorial election, I was in a dilemma to get a replacement for him.

“So, we started with a list of people for consideration, and I had up to 32 names, including the names of some people seated with me here today.

“Then, we started selection and dropping names based on merit. From 32 names to 17 to 12 and then five, three males and two females.

“At that point, and as usual of us, when we are taking serious decisions, we consult President Muhammadu Buhari, because he is the only person I know that has worked in the army, he has been Governor, Minister and President.

“So, when I told him, he said anyone older than me should be dropped. Then one name was dropped, remaining two men and two women, then he said ‘since you are interested in a woman, pick the best woman’. That was how I picked Hadiza, because she was the best.”

The governor added that most of his Muslim-Muslim critics were those who did not vote for him in 2015.

He said, “The people that have criticised me most on this are people who never voted me in the first place. So, are they not supposed to be celebrating it. In their own opinion, I have made a wrong choice? Then, why are they mourning?”

https://punchng.com/muslim-muslim-ticket-i-consulted-buhari-el-rufai/
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2018
We know this already.

A midget Jihadist cannot just wake up one day and start killing without the backing of a giant supremacist in power and cash.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by sarrki(m): 10:45am On Nov 14, 2018
El Rufai is a foolish man

Did you also tell Buhari before you steal kaduna state money ?
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Bodexman(m): 10:45am On Nov 14, 2018
There should be some balances Mr governor. Not even a volatile state like Kaduna.

Are you saying there are no qualified Christian candidates who are much more younger than you?

Sorry sir, our polity still require you do it in a right way.
Re: Muslim-muslim Ticket: I Consulted Buhari – El-rufai by Mynd44: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2018

(1)

"Corruption Allegation Against Ayogu Eze Insulting, Baseless And Reckless"-icn / Senate Commends Gov. Akeredolu On Infrastructural Delivery Across Ondo State / PDP A Prodigal Party — APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.