Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,062 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:14 AM

Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? (5363 Views)

Kunle Olawunmi Wanted By Defence Intelligence Agency Over Channels TV Interview / Buhari Appoints Samuel Adebayo As Chief Of Defence Intelligence Agency / Do Nigeria Have Any Secret Intelligence Agency? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by OlujobaSamuel: 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2018
iamskyrex:
how do i join
lol, can you live without family and friends, have an irregular identity, live in any environment?
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by domaintraderng: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
Zsatan:

Lol. You funny.

Imagine your boss knowing openly that you are been approached from foreign agencies for Infosys and they open their stupid mouth to say na side hutsle...

For real?

See let's change the topic of discussion

I have been saying that the way Nigeria operates will make patriotic people either go mad or decide to sabotage the country at all cost.

I am shocked to hear this. How can people be fully aware of efforts to infiltrate the country and not even do anything about it? How can people advocate taking such money? That means that there is nothing that Nigerian govt does that other third parties won't know.

1 Like

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 14, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

You might be right on some points, but I doubt you work for NIA as claimed.
Reason; you cant work for such organisation and not know that a platform as this isnt totally faceless for you to have exposed yourself.
If not because of last election father xmas scandal and the Daura scandal in relation to Oke's case, little was known about the NIA, so they can take you out and we wont hear about it, this you should know if you truly work for them.
@op
We have NIA and jusy like any other govt agency in Nigeria, they have their inbuilt corrupt system, however, they also work effectively and efficiently when they are ready to.
And how did I expose myself?

Can you track me? How?

- Ip? The subnet range of Nigerian networks are bad. Last I checked I and another 10,000 + use same range at a time.

- My nairaland Email? Even the mods can confirm it's a disposable mail.

Bro nope you can't. There are over 300 staff of northern origin in the NIA any one of them can be on this forum.

Or do you want to add up the number of those retired/those who left? Or do you want to add those who now work for foreign outfits

-Bro not little was known. I don't know why you think so. I believe your opinion is subjective or it might be difference on activity. So I do not agree with you....

I have always known of the NIA since I was a kid, I will stop here.

iamskyrex:
how do i join

Nia don't do public recruitment. Last public recruitment was 2007. And it was on a who recommended who basis.

These days you most join from other arm of government...

To be honest in the last 4years there have been no employment notice however you still see new faces.

OlujobaSamuel:

lol, can you live without family and friends, have an irregular identity, live in any environment?

It depends on his department. There are even computer programmers who don't go to field but stay in the office. IT Analysts, office clerks, linguistic and communication, intelligence, field ops, operatives etc.

So not in all case do you live irregularly.

7 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by iamskyrex(m): 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
Zsatan:

Nia don't do public recruitment. Last public recruitment was 2007. And it was on a who recommended who basis.

These days you most join from other arm of government...

To be honest in the last 4years there have been no employment notice however you still see new faces.

It depends on his department. There are even computer programmers who don't go to field but stay in the office. IT Analysts, office clerks, linguistic and communication, intelligence, field ops, operatives etc.

So not in all case do you live irregularly.
thank u
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2018
iamskyrex:
thank u

It doesn't mean you give up tho. Like I said it's been bastardised. Recently to the shock of everyone some corpers about 8 were enrolled after service. They all served there also.

Note: they are all ladies. What they did I don't know. But almost everyone was shocked.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 14, 2018
cronsberg:
On a recent night journey on one of the backwater highways of this country, i saw a convoy of what can only be described as NIA. The convoy includes five trailer trucks that i have honestly never seen its type before. They have what looks like iron doors which are themselves locked with massive chains and padlocks. Infront of those trailers are about three black colored and dark tinted vehicles, same inbetween the trailers and same behind them all. I swear it looks like how the CIA does their things, it just looks so professional and foriegn than what we are used to. My thoughts at the time was maybe this is how the government moves top notch weapons across various NIA commands cuz everything about it screams intelligence agency

I can't say on this for sure but I know of operation CODEMAMA... popularly nicknamed codeinmama among officers and it's a special ops operation that move impoeted DSS + NIA + Special Ops ammunition from Apapa Port down to Abuja....

They act the way you described. Men with mask all thru from Lagos to Abuja. Drive only at night...

Of recent the routine was changed... Now via military airline... That's for that.

OlujobaSamuel:

We have NIA and jusy like any other govt agency in Nigeria, they have their inbuilt corrupt system, however, they also work effectively and efficiently when they are ready to.
If there is anything I have learned from experience there, is that
1. no body I repeat no body who is given powers to do and undo will not abuse them.
2. Everybody rich in Nigeria had some illicit dealings. Even the richest back man "must have had several illicit dealings"
3. You can never come to Abuja and make it buying houses and cars if you are not corrupt.. Don't be decieved by those peddlig the God effect of na "God do am"..

The clubs, big business, big hair saloons and all I can give you most business breakdown and you did find out no body with power or rich in the city of Abuja made all 60% honest way.

So , no I do not agree with you.

domaintraderng:

I have been saying that the way Nigeria operates will make patriotic people either go mad or decide to sabotage the country at all cost.

I am shocked to hear this. How can people be fully aware of efforts to infiltrate the country and not even do anything about it? How can people advocate taking such money? That means that there is nothing that Nigerian govt does that other third parties won't know.

Bro, in Nigeria the biggest failed mentality we have is that

1. To be a Yahoo boy is bad than been a white collar criminal / white collar fraudster.

2. Nigerians believe crime in an office setting is a normal and not a big deal but crime on the street is a no go area.

Do not blame some Nigerians, put the blame on the government. Try don't give a hoot about helping you in your times of need. To add to it, imagine your boss stocking your 4months saary in fixed deposit and then released the money on the fifth month.

Can you justify such wicked act? See we need to make changes if we want better economy. That's the height of all wickedness....

Now to even tell you the stupidity of nigerias, they laughed it off and felt that as long as he didn't cyphone the slary he is free and a good bus.

Can you imagine that? Someone made millions of naira interest of your salary and you feel it's okay....

Early last year a foreign embassy went around the Nigerian institutions collecting names of graduates with copies of trascript, what for I don't know...

Some time same last year NCC staff sold db of phone numbers and details off to some foreign embassy..

On these two occasions Sahara reporters publish this, but it was denrd on both case and Sahara reprters was labeled an anti-government arm...

Now, this is to tell you that these guys invest with informations, they recognized the value of these informations while we in Nigeria we just see such informations as Excel documents and normal names and last names....

Much more has happened I can't expluned.

Even me toking I have my want flaws I am not honest in ll entire but men I still have limits... Done and dusted anyway..

3 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Aegon(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
madridguy:
Yes, Nigeria Police.

1 Like

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
Zsatan:

And how did I expose myself?

Can you track me? How?

- Ip? The subnet range of Nigerian networks are bad. Last I checked I and another 10,000 + use same range at a time.

- My nairaland Email? Even the mods can confirm it's a disposable mail.

Bro nope you can't. There are over 300 staff of northern origin in the NIA any one of them can be on this forum.

Or do you want to add up the number of those retired/those who left? Or do you want to add those who now work for foreign outfits

-Bro not little was known. I don't know why you think so. I believe your opinion is subjective or it might be difference on activity. So I do not agree with you....

I have always known of the NIA since I was a kid, I will stop here.

I dont mean myself or any other individual, I'm referring to NIA itself getting you either through tracking or luring you(it's part of intelligence training)
Little known doesnt mean no one knows, I know about the organisation but not its activities, and I'm so sure most dont even know how NIA works(Read recent report on PDP calling on NIA to arrest Oshiomole).
In the other mention, you disagree that they sometimes work effectively, meaning they are always ineffective and corrupt, that is an indictment on yourself as one of them, which i believe isn't true. Even Our politicians/npf that we all agreed that they are corrupt, they sometimes initiate policy or operations that are for the good of the nation, so it's not possible to have a 100% corrupt system in NIA.
Every of our organisation, private or public, is a true reflection of our society.

2 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

I dont mean myself or any other individual, I'm referring to NIA itself getting you either through tracking or luring you(it's part of intelligence training)
Little known doesnt mean no one knows, I know about the organisation but not its activities, and I'm so sure most dont even know how NIA works(Read recent report on PDP calling on NIA to arrest Oshiomole).
In the other mention, you disagree that they sometimes work effectively, meaning they are always ineffective and corrupt, that is an indictment on yourself as one of them, which i believe isn't true. Even Our politicians/npf that we all agreed that they are corrupt, they sometimes initiate policy or operations that are for the good of the nation, so it's not possible to have a 100% corrupt system in NIA.
Every of our organisation, private or public, is a true reflection of our society.

On luring, Nope. This is just a dummy account. That's why 1 it's a disposable email. I can even give you the email to this account it's on temp-mail..

2. On policies good for the nation, I agree there are some policies or things that if I happen to be Nigeria's president I would approve too.

An example, MtN license for a bank. I will personally ensure the CBN denies it. Now the country will see you as evil but it's for the good of the nation.

In summary I get your point but bro let us all vhinest with each other and tell ourselves the truth instead of hiding behind the ngerian "my country is good syndrome."

Nigeria is a not a good country and that's for a fact. So let's not sugar coat it.

4 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by thatigboman: 11:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
MrImole:
I have been wondering all this while and I really wish to know if we have such an efficient agency?
yea. NiA is like CIA, MI6 or KGB.
DSS is like FBI

1 Like

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Blacknight28: 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
I don't know jack about the activities of NIA, but one thing I know for a fact is that NIA has been compromised. Quote me anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Kingspin(m): 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2018
We don't have them everything in Nigeria is under politics and Boko harma like.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Dacronym(m): 12:40am On Nov 15, 2018
MrImole:
I have been wondering all this while and I really wish to know if we have such an efficient agency?
Those ones you mentioned are here on Nairaland.
Watching things
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by domaintraderng: 12:46am On Nov 15, 2018
Zsatan:

Bro, in Nigeria the biggest failed mentality we have is that

1. To be a Yahoo boy is bad than been a white collar criminal / white collar fraudster.

2. Nigerians believe crime in an office setting is a normal and not a big deal but crime on the street is a no go area.

Do not blame some Nigerians, put the blame on the government. Try don't give a hoot about helping you in your times of need. To add to it, imagine your boss stocking your 4months saary in fixed deposit and then released the money on the fifth month.

Can you justify such wicked act? See we need to make changes if we want better economy. That's the height of all wickedness....

Now to even tell you the stupidity of nigerias, they laughed it off and felt that as long as he didn't cyphone the slary he is free and a good bus.

Can you imagine that? Someone made millions of naira interest of your salary and you feel it's okay....

Early last year a foreign embassy went around the Nigerian institutions collecting names of graduates with copies of trascript, what for I don't know...

Some time same last year NCC staff sold db of phone numbers and details off to some foreign embassy..

On these two occasions Sahara reporters publish this, but it was denrd on both case and Sahara reprters was labeled an anti-government arm...

Now, this is to tell you that these guys invest with informations, they recognized the value of these informations while we in Nigeria we just see such informations as Excel documents and normal names and last names....

Much more has happened I can't expluned.

Even me toking I have my want flaws I am not honest in ll entire but men I still have limits... Done and dusted anyway..

I have heard of people fixing pensions in fixed deposit but I didn't know they have now graduated to salary.

We are in a bad position.

That one of collecting names and transcripts is scary. What if they start using that one combined with names and phone numbers for intelligence operations?

With things like Whatsapp groups they can start mobilizing people and remote controlling them. Or see things like NSA scandal abroad where US is using all sorts of programs to monitor what people are saying.

If they start mapping Nigerians to a deeper level there is nothing they won't be able to do.

We don't even have treason laws or anything on ground for now. We might still suffer more before we can fix this situation.

2 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 15, 2018
Zsatan:

It doesn't mean you give up tho. Like I said it's been bastardised. Recently to the shock of everyone some corpers about 8 were enrolled after service. They all served there also.

Note: they are all ladies. What they did I don't know. But almost everyone was shocked.
Those girls sud really b sooo close 2 some rich, famous n powerful people in d country i guess
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 1:18am On Nov 15, 2018
Zsatan:

I mean no tribal post, the arm is now a northern - northern affair.

Disclaimer: Before you accuse me of tribalism. I am Northern an know what i say/type. The NIA has been tribalised... You are a South and your riseto the top will be slow and not progressive. You are a northern and you can get 7 promotions in 2days.
Never knew somtin like dis cud come from a northerner...U ar different n an exemption. If u ar saying dis frm ur deepest mind, den...Nigeria need ppl like u

2 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by fergie001: 2:57am On Nov 15, 2018
Zsatan:

Lol. You funny.

Well it's now a nepotic office. No appreciation for what you do for your country in that arm anylonger.

But trust me there are some intelligent guys/ladies there.

Disclaimer: Before you accuse me of tribalism. I am Northern an know what i say/type. The NIA has been tribalised... You are a South and your riseto the top will be slow and not progressive. You are a northern and you can get 7 promotions in 2days.

The agency is now bleeped so very bleeped up. Gurl friends and Bleep buddies get office into an agency that ought to uphold the highest standard. Imagine an agency recruiting the girlfriend to a boss, and the girl happens to be a foreigner. This goes against everything the institution stands for. You can never be a foreigner and get employed into the NIA. It's part of the byelaws and this is obtainable in every government intelligence arm of other countries if same functions...

Men bro the NIA s dead and gone......

Imagine your boss knowing openly that you are been approached from foreign agencies for Infosys and they open their stupid mouth to say na side hutsle...

For real?

This man isn't a full Nigerian...
The Nigerians I know wouldn't admit this,lailai
Stay blessed sha....but no follow do bad thing oooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by dingbang(m): 4:03am On Nov 15, 2018
Nigerians are intelligent.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:52am On Nov 15, 2018
Zsatan:

Lol. You funny.

Well it's now a nepotic office. No appreciation for what you do for your country in that arm anylonger.

But trust me there are some intelligent guys/ladies there.

The agency is now bleeped so very bleeped up. Gurl friends and Bleep buddies get office into an agency that ought to uphold the highest standard. Imagine an agency recruiting the girlfriend to a boss, and the girl happens to be a foreigner. This goes against everything the institution stands for. You can never be a foreigner and get employed into the NIA. It's part of the byelaws and this is obtainable in every government intelligence arm of other countries if same functions...

Men bro the NIA s dead and gone......

For real?

"...side hustle"? That's treason! Jesus! This country is just there, open, waiting to be taken.,,

1 Like

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 15, 2018
Volksfuhrer:

"...side hustle"? That's treason! Jesus! This country is just there, open, waiting to be taken.,,

The new boss of the NIA employed by Buhari not really Nigerian. He is from Niger, he was under communication before and even failed promotion exam, yet the new president employd him...

Now he has turned the place to a play ground for chadians... My last discussion on this thread.

In summary we are bleeped as a country....

Accept it and do nothing or Do something and refuse it.

2 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by domaintraderng: 8:13am On Nov 15, 2018
Zsatan:

The new boss of the NIA employed by Buhari not really Nigerian. He is from Niger, he was under communication before and even failed promotion exam, yet the new president employd him...

Now he has turned the place to a play ground for chadians... My last discussion on this thread.

Chad that hates us? Too bad. Is it not the same Chad that this Buhari has to invade back then in the 80s?

This is what happens when some backward people are allowed to rule. Because the man is a Northerner Buhari put him there damning the consequences.

This is what Buhari did back then when he supported a man from Niger Republic for key OAU post back then.

Chad for God's sake. Those are French agents na. Anytime France wants to mess up and Franco country it is Chad army that they call.

In your own view what can be done to upgrade NIA back to where it was?
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by aminho(m): 8:19am On Nov 15, 2018
Zsatan:

I will give you a full detailed response because I am part of the system...

1. We have the NIA ( Nigerian intelligence Agency )..
In foreign countries use the cover of staff of Nigerian ministry of foreign affairs.

2. Covert Mission...
Well the Nia does post diplomats ( I won't tag them spy's personal reason ) to foreign countries on a per rotation shift bases of like say 3-4 years and back with your family or without.
Covert mission no we don't. Truth be told the days of glory of the NIA is gone. It's just now a redundant glorified agency

Yes he meant that.

The Dss is not really Nigeria's version of the CIA. Thd is how it goes..

Nigeria = Us

NIA = CIA
DIA = DIA
DSS = SS

That's the DSs. I believe you meant Nigeria secret police not Nigerian Police.

Nigerian Police is a local force. Not intelligence gathering firm..

Yes.. Nigeria does..

In efficiency. Well on a level ground we are not as efficient as our African friends like south Africa, Kenya.

When I was away for training I saw that we have a poblem. Money.

If we can have good leaders with no intent of corruption we could be very efficient.

If you are really part of the system you will know that its National Intelligence Agency, not NIGERIAN

And you will aso know that Dss is not like the secret service the only thing they have in common is the ability to protect the CIC the 2IC etc Dss is much more similar to FBI as they are much more of an internal security outfit they are more of homeland security and FBI put together

3 Likes

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by KanuIsCursed: 9:12am On Nov 15, 2018
We have BSS,Biafra secret service
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by rumours: 9:30am On Nov 15, 2018
Mafialeader:
NIA, DIA, DSS and DMI

According to you, Nigeria has four. But are they efficient and effective? Compare the four to either one of other countries.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by damiBJ: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2018
MrImole:

Not everytin goes to the public domain...
We HV the NIA...DSS...DMI...DIA ..working perfectly
Its just the Nigeria factor and our so called politicians...makes dis agencies looks toothless.
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by siverspooon(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2018

Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Mulatta(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
Chai Nigerians are easily fooled
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by Mulatta(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2018
Let me put like this
US = Nigeria
FBI = DSS
CIA = NIA
Homeland security = DIA.
To join NIA you have to have good scores in any of Nigeria security agencies, you then apply
Re: Does Nigeria Have An Intelligence Agency Such As Mi6, KGB And CIA? by aminho(m): 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
Mulatta:
Let me put like this
US = Nigeria
FBI = DSS
CIA = NIA
Homeland security = DIA.
To join NIA you have to have good scores in any of Nigeria security agencies, you then apply
Home land security is more like the civil defense not DIA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: PDP , Tambuwal Wins Sokoto State / Lagos To Partner FAO To Enhance Coconut Production / Enugu Government Reassures Residents Of Adequate Potable Water Supply Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.