Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) (78158 Views)

Ship Cheap Vehicles From California Via Container / Features Of Genesis GV80: The Car That Saved Tiger Woods' Life / California Fire: Toyota Honors Its Word, Delivers New 2018 Tundra To Hero(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Lexusgs430: 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
Marketing strategy........
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by yesloaded: 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
explorers doing what he knows how to do best
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2018
Is he single?
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by TheMoniker: 10:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
Better country angry
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2018
Wow! shocked
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Rumicarter: 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Toyota should do the needful.
They don get free advert

They already did, they said they'd be honoured to give him a brand new one.
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by jamezman(m): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
WinningSun:

a truck not a car.

Back here in Nigeria it serve's as even lorry,bullion van and evry other vehicle on de road...
Nijah care less as long as it has tyre and its working its a ride...

2 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
vladhillz:
for the love of truck...
I also wonder if it's same quality of cars they ship into nigeria..

Nah!
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by seyithug(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
Pascalville:
I am curious.. What really started this fire...what is really causing it...that it keeps expanding...and they claim their fire fighters re good...left to me i feel someone or an organization could be behind this attacks...even the government.. Maybe as a way of trying to make people to leave the area for some construction.. Well my thoughts... Only mention me if you have something reasonable to say

Ignorance is bliss. The time you spent on composing your response could have been spent on typing ' causes of wildfires' into Google, to educate yourself.
You think say na like Naija wey government dey burn market overnight, in order to evacuate traders that they didn't provide alternative shops for? Poor Naija mentality kee you there.
Do a Google search and educate yourself.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by unitysheart(m): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
chicoMX:
My love for this ride is huge!!

I don promise my Papa say once pepper rest wella, na this machine I go arrange give am grin

God will answer your prayer as long as your wishes are selfless. One love.

6 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by StudyCrestLtd: 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
vladhillz:
for the love of truck...
Of course no. USA has a regulation to abide by and not just USA but each state has a specification to comply to. Nigeria has no regulations and more or less a market to make the producers richer

1 Like

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by kunmiiii: 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
This is what HEROES are made of...RESPECT!!!

4 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by JuanDeDios: 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
Pascalville:
I am curious.. What really started this fire...what is really causing it...that it keeps expanding...and they claim their fire fighters re good...left to me i feel someone or an organization could be behind this attacks...even the government.. Maybe as a way of trying to make people to leave the area for some construction.. Well my thoughts... Only mention me if you have something reasonable to say
Different things start forest fires - falling electric cables (in this case), lightning, smoking, accidents, anything. The hotter the summer, the more intense the fire. I saw a few forest fires in the village here in Nigeria when I was a kid although they're nothing close to this scale because of different factors. Of course, some fires are started deliberately - like the guy who was arrested in California in 2002 for starting one because he wanted to get a job with the fire service. Government starting fire? Oh, dear! Not likely. In places where you have badass insurance companies that will do forensic investigation, no organisation or government would risk it.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Sapeleboy911(m): 10:34pm On Nov 14, 2018
Just look at how people are rendering selfless service in order to save lives. Here in Nigeria it is the other way round. The average Nigeria man will think of how to benefit and enrich himself in such circumstance. China rice meant for IDP comes to mind.

10 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
Once I open a thread and see d content without even seeing d op's moniker I automatically know explorers thread.... Always unique. Well-done explorers

4 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by ophilly: 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
Toyota, rugged and durable. Have you ever wondered why United Nations uses only Toyota SUVs and Trucks?...btw I think this truck must have been a diesel-engine truck, petrol engine wouldn't have survived it

1 Like

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by bujebudanu1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 14, 2018
jamezman:

Back here in Nigeria it serve's as even lorry,bullion van and evry other vehicle on de road...
Nijah care less as long as it has tyre and its working its a ride...

This your comments ehn. grin
You won't believe my bro told my Yankee uncle about a car called muscle. I.e camry .he was like wat is muscle?
camry is camry.

5 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Basiljoe: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
Pascalville:
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Topmaike007(m): 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2018
vladhillz:
for the love of truck...
Nigeria wetin na plastic we dey collect for naija
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by alezzy13: 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
Na wa o. The fire didn't burn the tyres??
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by oglalasioux(m): 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
Pascalville:

Something as small as two stones hitting each other can cause fire in the northern hemisphere once autumn sets in and throughout winter. Virtually anything burns and the very dry winds spreads the fire like petrol. Preventing such fires are almost nonexistent because anything (even wild animals) can cause it. But fighting it is where I believe there are lapses.

5 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Topmaike007(m): 10:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
aro1:
this is definitely good one from Toyota,i personally love their products,but most people here always count it has substandard to the likes of Mercedes Benz,bmw
but like d posters up there pointed,i tink toyota products shipped into Nigeria ar mostly refurbished
Benz does it better,but with this kind gesture from Toyota to get him a new ride I av started loving them..
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Topmaike007(m): 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2018
Kenekingisback:
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked

The Toyota we have in Sub-Saharan Africa is useless only used by Boko Haram terrorist in North East sad
lolz at least it is another advert from Boko Haram
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Topmaike007(m): 10:52pm On Nov 14, 2018
Naughtysite:
Toyota is Number 1
for where,oga say for where Benz they abi for where him mate like Honda dey cos I don't understand..
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Topmaike007(m): 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
Naughtysite:
Toyota is Number 1
Naughtysite:
Toyota is Number 1
for where,oga say for where Benz they abi for where him mate like Honda dey cos I don't understand..
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 10:53pm On Nov 14, 2018
ComeAndobo:
Stopped reading after the second LITERALLY. why can't people talk without using LITERALLY?
once naija learn small english or small thing, them go abuse am. the literally word pisses me off.
just imagine how them useless babymama too

3 Likes

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by mechanics(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2018
Wow, he's being paid for his kindness.
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Hoodbilonia: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2018
copart loading
auto section
accident free
ac mortuaty standard
no price
just pics
and a useless phone number
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by Triniti(m): 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
some Americans are naturally dumb, they always get caught up with wild fire,someone will see fire burning a town close to his, will not even move a finger till the fire enters his

1 Like

Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by castrokins(m): 11:08pm On Nov 14, 2018
Well Done, Baba.
Re: California WildFire: Toyota Tundra That Saved Many Lives, Toyota Responds(Pics) by colestephan86: 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2018
Explorers:
In the midst of the deadliest and most destructive fires in US history, that killed 50 and over 250 still missing.

Stories of incredible bravery and heroism are emerging.

One such tale came from the hospital in the destroyed town of Paradise, where paramedics, doctors and nurses continued to treat patients in the parking lot as the fire consumed the hospital and raged around them, before finally getting the clearance to evacuate.

One of the nurses, Allyn Pierce, who refuses to called a hero as it was a group effort of people just doing their jobs, lost his house and his workplace in the fire.

His truck, a Toyota Tundra which he used in the evacuation, is heavily burnt, showing just how close a call it was.

Allan clearly has a lot of love for his truck, and took to social media to praise Toyota for the hardy manufacturing of the vehicle that saved his life amd others.

https://www.boredpanda.com/toyota-response-replacement-burnt-truck-california-fire-allyn-pierce/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9875517032
If the parts are melting away like this, I can imagine what would have happened to the bushings and plastic parts under the truck.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Converted My Generator to LPG And Tested The Fuel Consumption/Cost / Preorder Cars from Dubai: Prado, Hilux, Hiace, Benz, Coaster, Rolls-Royce... / ♒ ♒ Recover Your Lost/Stolen Custom Duty Documents Here ♒

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.