Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,973 members, 7,803,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife (66185 Views)

Never Knew Wike Was Such An Humble Person / Ike Ekweremadu & Wife Nwanneka Sentenced To 10 Years, 6 Years Each / Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu In HMP Bronzefield Prison, UK (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by davidsthe(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2018
highqueen:
angry angry

Why should a woman kneel.for someone that's not even her husband

I can bend to greet you, but kneeling down? undecided

You are high na, are you not highqueen?

2 Likes

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by NIGHTMARE0O7: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
needful:

My dear, you have said it all. Any small thing now, they will call u feminists, African culture sucks and the most annoying part is, they claim culture when it comes to cheating and degrading of their fellow human but forgetting that, if Africa really love their cultural heritage, why not walk on the road unclad, eat with ancient bowel like our forefathers did, worship idols, after all christianity is western culture, eat human meat, infact to mention but few. When it comes to degrading and dehumanizing women, all of them will come out shout culture, culture my foot. Listen even watching television, listening to radio, using phones and internet are all western culture if u do not know. Stop all those, I will agree with una culture. Rubbish

Don't mind them bro.. They are wearing cloth and using phone, driving car and all that.
Yet they want to prove they have sense.
Rubbish!..
That's all we are good at degrading woman and claiming superiority ..where has that taking us?
yet we suck in technology
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by fascowilly(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
highqueen:
angry angry

I know your type, but not your fault, that's what you learned from your mama.

1 Like

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by lastclaire4(f): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
eDoctorr:
Just few days after Former president Goodluck Jonathan visited the deputy senate president over his escape of assassination attempts.
The wife of the senate President knelt down in one of the pictures during the visit. To my greatest surprise, she did exactly the same thing today when Former Vice President Namadi Sambo pay a visit.
I respect the woman for that. Wish to meet her one on one. Lol

As a Yoruba guy, sharing a similarity with our Ibo's brothers in terms of culture really makes me happy.

God bless Ibo tribe!
God Bless Hausa tribe!
God bless Yoruba!

Lol e go shock you. Like u don't know money commands respect. These people are bosses to her husband.

2 Likes

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by mechanics(m): 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
She's really humble, am fortunate to have been her student in those days when she was teaching then.

2 Likes

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by fascowilly(m): 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
peacockremi:

even if ur parent give me 1m naira to marry u I will reject u and the money because u will b a calamity to me
Yeeee
Upper cut
Does she offend you?
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by rummmy: 8:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
highqueen:
angry angry

....if you are still single,you better modify this your post

1 Like

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by steperone(m): 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:
OP on the contrary I don't like the picture.
It degrades woman, besides this is a married woman for Christ sake.

Rubbish my wife can't kneel down to converse with anyman, I can't even allow her to kneel down and convers with me.
Bowing is enough pls.

This pic is disgusting from my own view

You can’t allow your wife kneel, women kneeling is degrading are your opinions... The man doesn’t mind his wife kneeling and she doesn’t feel degraded kneeling down to greet another man... Why e con de pain you reach this na! Bross, if you don’t have headache, don’t use panadol!!

4 Likes

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by NIGHTMARE0O7: 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
steperone:

You can’t allow your wife kneel, women kneeling is degrading are your opinions... The man doesn’t mind his wife kneeling and she doesn’t feel degraded kneeling down to greet another man... Why e con de pain you reach this na! Bross, if you don’t have headache, don’t use panadol!!

Which one be pain again.. undecided
That's the only English Una sabi
Any little thing "pain"

A topic is opened and we are arguing about it normally e come become "pain"

95% of nairalanders are just dumb fcks.
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by lielbree: 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
Quorax:
I don't care what u think bro. This is Africa and not everything should be thrown out of the window just because u want to appear westernized... u can as well choose homosexuality since that is what westernization is about... or insulting elders...

She chose to kneel down and I see nothing wrong in that... if she chose to bend down, so be it as well. it is her choice and how she was raised.
This is not igbo culture pls!
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by lielbree: 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
Vejin:

its called respect
It's not respect. It's unnecessary eye service. My husband will never let me knee down for any man. Older or not. It's not our culture. It's not igbo culture too. If she were Yoruba I wouldn't see anything wrong with it.
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Adebisiomooba: 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
I think she is Yoruba lady, Yoruba has the highest respect skills
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Marotzke(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
DIVINEEVIDENCE:

She's on one knee.
Don't you know what that means?
No , such protocols will be too difficult for their likes to understand.
Two knees for her husband and close male family elders.
One knee for distinguished and revered male guests.
Squatting handshake or embrace for elderly female guests.
Two knees for council of female members of her husbands family that does not include her daughters or younger than her daughters.
Standing embrace for agemates and contemporaries eg wife of Enugu or Anambra Govenor .
Other people;, find your level
Nwanneka's parents taught her properly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Fadedvoiced: 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
Quorax:
not everything should be thrown away on the ground of trying to be westernized... go check out china and japan.. they don't joke with their tradition, no matter how developed they are.

A tradition that only women kneel down??

How many times have you seen husbands of female politicians doing this?

Misogynists everywhere
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by tegrianonigltd(m): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

I agree with u, bending is enough pls.
I hate our African society for this.

Until we accept and embrace our culture, like China, japan, India, Brazil did, which is making them grow, or grown, then we are no where growth

1 Like

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by higgs: 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2018
She was my economics teacher in sec school.
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by menwongo(m): 8:55pm On Nov 16, 2018
highqueen:
angry angry

How are you sure you'll knell to greet your husband?
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by flamingREED(m): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
When you meet as families, you demonstrate family virtues; When you meet as officers, you uphold the officious decorm.
She simply meant that she could respect them like she does her husband.
It's not bad because those men's hearts will be jolly and peaceful.
Such can endear her family to them the more.

1 Like

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
taa gbafuo!!
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by youngdopeboy: 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
we do this everyday here in the north!!! that's a respectful woman..... I hope to marry her type

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Pentools(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
eDoctorr:
Just few days after Former president Goodluck Jonathan visited the deputy senate president over his escape of assassination attempts.
The wife of the senate President knelt down in one of the pictures during the visit. To my greatest surprise, she did exactly the same thing today when Former Vice President Namadi Sambo pay a visit.

As a Yoruba guy, sharing a similarity with our Ibo's brothers in terms of culture really makes me happy.

God bless Ibo tribe!
God Bless Hausa tribe!
God bless Yoruba!

eDoctorr, in as much as you maybe making sense, I still think it's worthy of note to let you know that we are not "ibo" but "IGBO" pls be mindful of that. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by highness25(m): 9:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
eDoctorr:

God bless Ibo tribe!
God Bless Hausa tribe!
God bless Yoruba!

why d woman de colour like sun na. Abeg madam, get up these men are no God
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by NIGHTMARE0O7: 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
tegrianonigltd:

Until we accept and embrace our culture, like China, japan, India, Brazil did, which is making them grow, or grown, then we are no where growth

Dude yes culture is good but there some that needs to be abolished or minimised
That's why we are progressive humans.
I'm not against any respect bit it could be done in many other ways.

So Can u also throw away ur cLoth and start walking naked or covered in tree leaves amd fronds becUase that's also our culture? undecided
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Lotechi(m): 9:05pm On Nov 16, 2018
The same belief that has kept us bedridden for centuries. #mentalemancipation
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by kessler53(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
highqueen:
angry angry
u are an arrogant person
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by victorian(f): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
For me and my household, there is nothing wrong in a woman kneeling down or courtesying to greet her husband or his male visitors, especially the very important ones.

The men of importance grin
I will humbly kneel. Nothing there! I will not freeze on the spot. Neither will it reduce my bank account details.

Anyways, it's all about home training and mindset.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Lumig: 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2018
eDoctorr:

God bless Ibo tribe!
God Bless Hausa tribe!
God bless Yoruba!

forget that one, women are very deceitful, na the husband know wetin he dey face for corner

1 Like

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by MARKETfund: 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

That's not culture pls dats degrading to womanhood...read my post again before u quote me,
I'm not against any respect or what so ever but no in this form.
Salutation is not respect...

What happens to bowing down to greet.
Look at that pics again if u feel comfortable with it then something is wrong.
I can't allow my woman to do that to any man or even me, and that doesn't stop her from respecting me,

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by bmos(m): 9:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
[quote author=highqueen post=72974276] angry angry

Just pray hard to remove Pride from your heart. No wonder some ladies remain unmarried despite being good looking. Respect no de tear pant my dear lady. Learn respect. "He/she that humbles him/herself shall be exalted.
Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Quorax: 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2018
Fadedvoiced:

A tradition that only women kneel down??

How many times have you seen husbands of female politicians doing this?

Misogynists everywhere
it is her choice. Get that drilled into your numb skull and how does what she choose to do affect your health, your finances?

1 Like

Re: Nwanneka Ekweremadu Must Be An Humble And Respectful Wife by Quorax: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2018
lielbree:

This is not igbo culture pls!
it doesnt matter. She chose to greet someone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ejiro Otarigho: I Want New Tanker, Not National Honour / Muslims Express Outrage On Buhari's Daughter's Dressing - Cramjones / Zack Orji's Wife, Ngozi, Is 'Obidient' (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.