Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,502 members, 7,801,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP (25886 Views)

Lagos 2023: Tinubu Endorses Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat As Governor, Deputy Governor / How Lagos East Senatorial Bye-election Will Test Sanwo-olu, Hamzat’s Popularity / Ambode Endorses Sanwo-olu, Hamzat As Lagos Next Governor, Deputy (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by hisexcellency34: 1:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
Only an ignoramus will be talking of one Jubril from Sudan. It just doesn't add up

SirBunky85:
Nigeria is in west Africa while Sudan in north Africa,osun ,ondo,lagos and Ogun are all in south western Nigeria, same tribe,and very next to each oda.u have such a dull brain for comparing Sudan and Nigeria with Ogun and lagos
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by QuickStandard: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
SirBunky85:
Nigeria is in west Africa while Sudan in north Africa,osun ,ondo,lagos and Ogun are all in south western Nigeria, same tribe,and very next to each oda.u have such a dull brain for comparing Sudan and Nigeria with Ogun and lagos

Whoa!!!

You called me dull?

So should I trade words with you? Capital NO.

You win, now take your intelligent self and go celebrate your victory
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by BabaAduras: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
awelekiti:
Lagosians would vote wisely next year. It's high time we considered agbaje, the son of the soil and an incorruptible man.

It bothers on lack of insight when one says this or that person is not from here or there.

The question on who son of the soil is matter of how far you want to go back in history. If you think of the fact that Lagosian, Abeokutarians, People of Ibadan, the Ijebus, the Remos, etc came from some where to settle at their present cities, then you will understand home is where you call home. If you go back beyond that, the Yorubas are said to be from somewhere in Arabians, the Igbos are claiming they are from Israel, the Eurpeans are from somewhere in South Africa. It is a question of how far back you want to go.

We should stop the nonsense of Lagosian or no-Lagosian. In fact if Nigeria is going to move forward, one of the key things we need to do is to abolish "State of Origin" and replace it with "State of Residence". In the US, it you stayed more than 2 years in any state, that becomes your state of residence. That is why a Bush became a governor in one state and his brother a governor in another state.

I know for sure there are Igbos and Hausas that are more Lagosians than the so called sons of the soil. I meet some Yorubas in Mubi that are more Fulanis than the so called Fulanis. There are Yorubas and Igbos in Portharcourt that are more omo onile than the Ikweres. The diversity should harnessed, not seen as evil.

I am from Ogun state, my last daughter birth certificate had Bonny Island, Rivers as place of birth. When she was naturalizing to become a US citizen, Bonny-Island was the place the USIS recognized as place of birth much as we tried to explain the we were from Ogun state working in Bonny-Island when she was born .

This is what we should be doing in Nigeria in other to move forward. I am sure the politicians will not embrace this idea because they will loose the tribal weaponry.

An example is playing the Lagosian and non-Lagosian team by PDP. I am not saying APC does not do same. Who cares where a person is from so long the person is doing what the people want.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by AlhajaChinyere: 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
BabaAduras:

It bothers on lack of insight when one says this or that person is not from here or there.

The question on who son of the soil is matter of how far you want to go back in history. If you think of the fact that Lagosian, Abeokutarians, People of Ibadan, the Ijebus, the Remos, etc came from some where to settle at their present cities, then you will understand home is where you call home. If you back back beyond that, the Yorubas are said to be from somewhere in Arabians, the Igbos are claiming the are from Israel, the Eurpeans are from somewhere in South Africa. It is a question of how far back you want to go.

We should stop the nonsense of Lagosian or no-Lagosian. In fact if Nigeria is going to move forward, one of the key things we need to do is to abolish "State of Origin" and replace it with "State of Residence". In the US, it you stayed more than 2 years in any state, that becomes your state of residence. That is why a Bush became a governor in one state and his brother a governor in another state.

I know for sure there are Igbos and Hausas that are more Lagosians than the so called sons of the soil. I meet some Yorubas in Mubi that are more Fulanis than the so called Fulanis. There are Yorubas and Igbos in Portharcourt that are more omo onile than the Ikweres. The diversity should harnessed, not seen as evil.

I am from Ogun state, my last daughter birth certificate had Bonny Island, Rivers as place of birth. When she was naturalizing to become a US citizen, Bonny-Island was the place the USIS recognized as place of birth much as we tried to explain the we were from Ogun state working in Bonny-Island when she was born .

This is what we should be doing in Nigeria in other to move forward. I am sure the politicians will not embrace this idea because they will loose the tribal weaponry.

An example is playing the Lagosian and non-Lagosian team by PDP. I am not saying APC does not do same. Who cares where a person is from so long the person is doing what the people want.

Akotileta
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by meccuno: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2018
[s]
jrusky:
Pls this is unfounded thrash talk. Lagos dont go tribal way in as far the peeson is a Yoruba indegene it doesn't matter in Lagos.

Beside is Tinubu indigene of Lagos? No. He is from Iragbiji in Osun state.

Ambode is from Ondo state. So this talk is thrash but mind you all you my tribe I know you will all jump here and started saying Lagos is no man's land madness you are deceiving yourself.

Lagosian embracing everybody does not make them stupid or meant their land is no man land they were just playing mature politics and Yoruba as a tribe I respect a lot because they see themselves as one. So get that fact or bust it. Yoruba don't have Osu in their midst I respect them a lot for that and that is how a race should live in harmony. God bless.

*Mind you im not apc and I would never be but not being apc fan does not mean I should reason like a slowpoke. I'm not here to stand for anyone I'm here to speak the truth I don't care who is involve because I know I have pour salt on my people wound again this morning and their BP will explode soon calling me names*
[/s]
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by BabaAduras: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Akotileta

I trust dick heads with political blindness like you will not see sense in my submission. I even expect insults and abuses, but that will not stop me from telling you the truth.

Omo onile, son of the soil.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by Modphase: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
Lajet:
It surprised me how non-indigenes coming to rule us in Lagos from Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode. this same people from Osun,Ogun,Ekiti Ondo

Oyo can never accept Non-Indigenes from another state to become local council chairman in their states. we lagosian must wake up and reject this modern day slavery. we must all vote for our lagosian brother Jimi Agbaje

Yet PDP gave ticket to the only Igbo in the Lagos state house of assembly
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by Lugano(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2018
The first inhabitants of Lagos were the Aworis .

Epe used to be part of Ogun state .
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by hisexcellency34: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
Lies. Epe has no correlation with Ogun state

Lugano:
The first inhabitants of Lagos were the Aworis .

Epe used to be part of Ogun state .
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by shugabasbn: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
And then, Saraki is from Ogun but his late dad claimed they are from Mali. We are all from somewhere
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by Generalkorex(m): 10:28pm On Nov 15, 2018
Lajet:
It surprised me how non-indigenes coming to rule us in Lagos from Tinubu, Fashola and Ambode. this same people from Osun,Ogun,Ekiti Ondo

Oyo can never accept Non-Indigenes from another state to become local council chairman in their states. we lagosian must wake up and reject this modern day slavery. we must all vote for our lagosian brother Jimi Agbaje
how do we even know jk sef na true son of the soil.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by AlhajaChinyere: 3:32am On Nov 16, 2018
BabaAduras:

I trust dick heads with political blindness like you will not see sense in my submission. I even expect insults and abuses, but that will not stop me from telling you the truth.

Omo onile, son of the soil.

Akotileta ni e.

Before you give up something of great critical value, you assess what you are getting in return.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by BabaAduras: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Akotileta ni e.

Before you give up something of great critical value, you assess what you are getting in return.

What of greater critical value? Tribalistic "state of origin - son of the soil" or Integration and development of Nigeria?

Stop your selfish narrow minded thinking. Broaden your horizon. Open your mind. Think "we" instead of "I". We stand to gain more collectively. That is what will move us forward as a Nation.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by AlhajaChinyere: 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2018
BabaAduras:

What of greater critical value? Tribalistic "state of origin - son of the soil" or Integration and development of Nigeria?

Stop your selfish narrow minded thinking. Broaden your horizon. Open your mind. Think "we" instead of "I". We stand to gain more collectively. That is what will move us forward as a Nation.

Just shut up and get lost.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by BabaAduras: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Just shut up and get lost.

Thank you. I knew it will end in abuse and insult.

Anyway, there is no point in fraternizing with a "pig", one will end up in the mud. In the same token, there is no point in trying to make sense to an irredeemable fool, he/she will end up insulting and abusing you.

So I will stop responding to you.
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by surgical: 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
PDP and their usual hate and ethnic politics. Tomorrow they will claim Buhari is being divisive when they are the ones fanning the flames of divisiveness with their usual nonsense.

Sanwo Olu will be the governor of Lagos so that it can continue being a great state. PDP should forget about Lagos.

Thinking they can capture Lagos from APC is like thinking they can hold the air in their palm.
How is he going to be governor with all we know, he is not qualified, he was hurriedly package by the Lord of bourdillon who still think lagosian are still under his hypnosis,we can not entrust the destiny of 20million lagosian into the hands of a man we have been warned is of unsound mind, and of questionable character by someone who should know,this will count,no lies , propaganda will change the fact, that was how this same people deceived the nation with buhari health before elections, sanwolu stand no chance don't even dream of rigging things have changed and that's the truth
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by AlhajaChinyere: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
BabaAduras:

Thank you. I knew it will end in abuse and insult.

Anyway, there is no point in fraternizing with a "pig", one will end up in the mud. In the same token, there is no point in trying to make sense to an irredeemable fool, he/she will end up insulting and abusing you.

So I will stop responding to you.

Akotileta, that cannot think. Mumu like you is try to claim the higher ground. Think practically, so you want other Nigerians to overrun Yoruba land while keeping their own homeland intacts. Foolishness personnified, do you know why state of origin remains integral part of Nigeria's constitution? in the event of a split up the clear lines and boundries are visible. Do-gooding idiots want me to allow outsider to come and overrun my ancestral land while keeping theirs intact - because a non-entitiy is married to Igbo or had a child in some Bonny Island so what?

Why dont you go to Kaduna and preach the gospels there so they can waste you - while shouting "I am a Nigerian" Slowpoke. My 6 year old daughter arrived from the same snowing New York this morning on Emirate EK783 and EK204 after 3 weeks vacation in 3 states Texas, Minnesota and New York....Yet she will be brought up as a YORUBA girl!!!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by celeiyke: 10:20pm On Mar 22, 2019
argon500:

Funny you. If not for the salary saga do you think PDP would have had such numbers? Ekiti is a case study

Well done sir
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by gurnam: 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2019
awelekiti:
Lagosians would vote wisely next year. It's high time we considered agbaje, the son of the soil and an incorruptible man.

How far ?
Re: 2019: Sanwo-olu, Hamzat Indigenes Of Ogun — PDP by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 23, 2019
gurnam:

How far ?
my broda, the bullion van man has struck again, 700m naira was brought to my LG in alimosho and the rest was history. I wish lagosians would one day shun money politics like oyo and ondo did to Tinubu's largesse . The 25m naira gift to lam adesina followers by jagaban didn't do any magic in the guber pills. Hope they're wiser next time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okowa Warns Lawan: Don’t Vilify Southern Governors / Heads To Roll As More Senior Police Officers To Be Arrested After DCP Abba Kyari / Arms Contract Scandal: Senator Saraki Blackmailed CBN Officials To Pay N250M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.