₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,164,108 members, 4,715,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 24 January 2019 at 08:05 AM

Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) (10912 Views)

"THE LEGACY" By Frankline461 / Tradition - A Story / Forbidden Love - A Short And Educative Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2018
abubakarbabang7:
Baba frankline461 we need more updates o. No vex abeg no be our fault say we like beta tinz

cheesy cheesy

I no fit vex oo, who I be??

Just fasten your seat belt sir, Friday is almost here and the teaser on Wednesday.
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2018
genius43:
Thank you for the update Frankline461

Ann2012:
Thanks for the update OP

The pleasure is mine

1 Like

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2018
EvaJael:

I've missed you dear Welcome back
Thanks ma
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2018
Nuel45:
Update Bro

My man, you go GATS chill ooo. Working hard to get it ready and NEPA isn't helping issue here
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2018
Another teaser dropping tomorrow, stat tuned..

cheesy cheesycheesy

Also, I'm trying my best to come up with more updates, around two per week. I don't want to promise anything yet because of the way things are here but it's a possibility...

Sorry, that you have to wait for a whole week for updates...

1 Like

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by genius43(m): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
frankline461:
Another teaser dropping tomorrow, stat tuned..

cheesy cheesycheesy

Also, I'm trying my best to come up with more updates, around two per week. I don't want to promise anything yet because of the way things are here but it's a possibility...

Sorry, that you have to wait for a whole week for updates...

grin grin

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 10:43am On Nov 28, 2018
Teaser

She scorned. “I can’t believe how only one person could posses all these disheartening qualities. You really are very rude you know.”

News flash, you’re not the first person to tell me that and obviously with how mentally depreciated people were these day, you wouldn’t be the last person to.

“What!” her voice was so loud that even Betty in her cage would have heard it. I slapped my inner face, I couldn’t believe I had said that out loud and the murderous gaze I got from her showed the height of harm I had done.

My room’s door barged in and my mom and her mom stood in front of my room. They were both staring at us like they had just seen a Breaking News that we were pointing guns at each other and they were there to talk us out of it.

“What was that noise about?” My mom had a very angry look on and it was one I hadn’t seen in a while.

How was I going to explain that I had just called her friend’s daughter mentally depreciated with her mom standing there? How was I going to argue that she had forced my hands into it by calling me a Douche-bag? My inner self quickly weighed both words and the scale almost tipped over to my side, okay I might have gone over the board with it, but it still wasn’t entirely my fault.

Name: Mrs. Remy Oyewole (Owner of LEXI laundries)
Stature: Slim
Height: Tall
D.O.B: 8th of July 1978
Complexion: Dark skinned
Relationship status: Widowed
Best food: Anything without garlic. Has garlic intolerance.
Hobbies: Visiting Telsar secret service (TSS) and their agents to know their progress on her Job
Philosophy of life: All evil should be repayed.

Stay tuned for a new update on Friday....

Gracias grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by nkemdave(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2018
Feed me more grin
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by toyhin123(f): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
frankline461:
HORLADSTAR
nkemdave
Gucciqueen38
Centino
Anneboy02
bigbauer
Chigold121
toyhin123
Genius43
Jiikye1
kakakoshina
Chiexcel
Godwinfury
jupitre
Andyglobal
Hantonia
Favch
Evajael
Lonsome501
Hidhrhis
Badohemmy
Pinkfeet
Lildiamond
Sirvictor21,
Adeculate,
ftosino,
baski92,
itsandi,
marvin902,
nifeola,
ikdbabie,
Queenitee
oseriki9,
omotayelolu,
Olive4
emilykang
Amsmart,
twinkle004,
Eyinimofeoluwa,
empress101

Your humble servant calleth, please answereth your calls
Present sir, abeg pardon me for coming late
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by skubido(m): 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
Following
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by Omaapre22(f): 5:51pm On Nov 29, 2018
frankline461:
Teaser

She scorned. “I can’t believe how only one person could posses all these disheartening qualities. You really are very rude you know.”

News flash, you’re not the first person to tell me that and obviously with how mentally depreciated people were these day, you wouldn’t be the last person to.

“What!” her voice was so loud that even Betty in her cage would have heard it. I slapped my inner face, I couldn’t believe I had said that out loud and the murderous gaze I got from her showed the height of harm I had done.

My room’s door barged in and my mom and her mom stood in front of my room. They were both staring at us like they had just seen a Breaking News that we were pointing guns at each other and they were there to talk us out of it.

“What was that noise about?” My mom had a very angry look on and it was one I hadn’t seen in a while.

How was I going to explain that I had just called her friend’s daughter mentally depreciated with her mom standing there? How was I going to argue that she had forced my hands into it by calling me a Douche-bag? My inner self quickly weighed both words and the scale almost tipped over to my side, okay I might have gone over the board with it, but it still wasn’t entirely my fault.

Name: Mrs. Remy Oyewole (Owner of LEXI laundries)
Stature: Slim
Height: Tall
D.O.B: 8th of July 1978
Complexion: Dark skinned
Relationship status: Widowed
Best food: Anything without garlic. Has garlic intolerance.
Hobbies: Visiting Telsar secret service (TSS) and their agents to know their progress on her Job
Philosophy of life: All evil should be repayed.

Stay tuned for a new update on Friday....

Gracias grin grin

Nice one @Frankline461
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
CHAPTER THREE

The rest of the week went by quickly, I tried to avoid Simi as much as I could the next day and although I caught her staring at me occasionally with the same confused look plastered to her face, I tried as much as possible to ignore her, focusing more on the classes. The other days were quite easier since she didn’t show up for any of the classes for reasons I had no idea of, maybe if I hadn’t panicked that day, I might have had an idea of where she was. I tried not to be concerned about it, since her ‘Boyfriend’ was around and didn’t look like something was wrong and as much as I was tempted to go ask him, I didn’t. Femi seemed cool with me after that little incident and I wasn’t going to risk bringing up that tense feeling we had that day again. I didn’t need another enemy in the tutorial, Badmus was enough and he was already making his classes very uncomfortable for me, at least he thought so. Femi acted like that little thing didn’t happen and I planned to keep it that way; I still flush with embarrassment when I replay that day in my head.

Mom had earlier invited Mrs. Remy and her daughter to our home that Saturday and like she said, she had the charms as I could hear her in the sitting room welcoming them to our house as I sat in my room, scrolling the net with my laptop. She had free Saturdays every now and then my mom and she made sure she made full use of them, either by interrogating me about my lifestyle and about girls in my life or she goes to see her friends in their homes or sometimes, she just sits in her room all day watching all the EPL matches she could watch. Yes, she was a big fan of football and although her work gave her little or no time to keep up with the progress of her team, actually her teams, she still tried all she could to keep up with them, knowing where they stood on the table and who their next opponents were. One thing she couldn’t keep track of was the player list of each clubs. She was a Liverpool/Arsenal fan and as ancient as it might sound, she still till date ask why Gerald was not on the field whenever Liverpool was playing or why Arsene Wenger decided to bench Henry when he was obviously their best player.
When it came to my lifestyle and girls in my life, my mom was of the opinion that I was too into myself giving no one the chance to be into me, such jumble of words, but those were her exact words. She’d say

“Why do you always look inside and not outside, you prefer to stay inside your head because you feel comfortable in there, but this world doesn’t fare well for people that always want to feel comfortable. You have to move out of your comfort zone for the world to notice you. In my opinion, I think you’re so into yourself that you give no one the chance to be into you.”

One would think that she was talking about something else entirely, maybe she was taking about the future and wanted me to be able to adapt to changes in case something happened, but no, she was concerned about my love life, she complained that she had never seen me around a girl, never caught me trying to sneak around calling a girl I just me, nothing. I just sit around the house reading and if I’m not reading, I go to academic platforms to discuss whatever it was that I discussed on such platform. She encouraged me that I wasn’t that bad looking- only my mom thought that I wasn’t that good looking- and that there were girls out there that would appreciate a guy like me. I knew that already, most of them did, but the problem was that I didn’t appreciate any.

I heard my name in the sitting room and I sighed, I had been expecting it. Whenever mom’s friends came around especially with their daughters, she always called me out of my room in pretense of helping her out with something, but the unspoken voices between us knew that she just wanted to me to ‘step out of my mind’ and leave my comfort zone for a while. She had been doing this ever since I completed my WAEC exams and she has been relentless with it especially whenever a girl she considered pretty showed up with her mom. I picked myself up from my bed, and walked into the sitting room with my phone in hand, slowly vibrating to Sia’s ‘The Greatest’.

“There he is.” Mom said with a wide smile. “One would think the earth has swallowed him with how quiet he could be in his room.”

“Ahhh, is this Michael?” The woman who I assumed was Mrs. Remy asked looking at me surprised. “When I last saw him, he was just like this” She gesticulated with her hand, depicting how small I was.

There they go again with that statement; my ears were already heavy and weary of them. Each time any of mom’s friends or relatives visited, they always made that statement even when the last time they visited was around a month ago; it was almost like a trademark of some kind.

“Yes, how they grow so fast. Look at Irene, already a pretty lady.”

Oh, I forgot, ‘The daughter’. My eyes travelled to her and yeah, mom was right, she was pretty- and quiet. She had a round spotless face and her hair was neatly tied behind her back. She had a blue lens on that perfectly suited her fair skin color and she had this gentle look that made her seem more like a listener than a talker. Maybe around my age bracket, but she had a very developed body shape that could easily pass for someone in their late twenties. Overall, she was pretty, maybe something more, she was almost artistic.

“I don’t assume you guys have met in the tutorial.” My mom said observantly.

Damn, she must have caught me staring. I turned to her and realized the question was not directed at me but at Irene. Oh poo, my secret was about to be blown wide open, everyone in the tutorial already knew about my encounter with Badmus, but I left out that detail from my parents.

“We’ve not met on a personal level, but I’ve seen his face around. He is a hard one to miss.” She said the last statement staring at me.

I returned my gaze to her and couldn’t help but notice the intent behind her last sentence; she was making sure I knew she was doing me a favor by not spilling what had happened. Well, I guess I could only be grateful that she didn’t spill the incident or I might be having a very long lecture from my mom tonight on how to address people.
My mom smiled and turned to me and I was on time to catch her giving me a whining stare. “Can you please take Irene to your room; I and her mom have some important things to discuss.”

For the love of God mom, must you be so petty- I screamed inside slapping my mental head twice sighing as I turned to Irene. “This way please.” I was exploding inside and if I didn’t calm myself, my ears would be spilling lava soon.

It was a good thing I had taken time to tidy my room earlier in the day and not left it for the maid to come in later to do it. I already had one nickname and didn’t look to get a second anytime soon for not tidying my room. I held the door for her and she walked past me, the olfactory aspect of my nasal cavity caught the scent of her perfume. Victoria’s secret. Apparently, she also had a good taste, but I prayed inside that she was just as I had predicted, gentle and quiet.

“You can sit there.” I pointed to the chair at the corner of the room while I jumped on the bed to continue what I was doing before my mom interrupted.

She heeded my instruction and I was very grateful that she did. I was beginning to get lost in what I was doing when I heard her voice.

“Is this how you treat your guests?” She gave me a stare that gave me the opinion that she had been staring at me for a while.

“Pardon, I don’t understand what you mean by that.” I said, not because I didn’t actually, but because I wanted to sound polite. She earned it by not spilling what happened between me and Badmus.

“I’m your guest here and I’ve been sitting here for around five minutes now and you haven’t even said a word to me”

Okay, now I was confused. “Something like?” I wanted to be enlightened.

“Thank you for not saying anything back there, thank you for not being a total douche-bag like I was to Mr. Badmus?”

Okay, I take that back, she wasn’t gentle at all and now I knew why the saying ‘Don’t judge anyone by their looks’ was made, this was the perfect example. “Really, you wanted a Thank you so badly that you had to interrupt what I was doing?”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
Chapter Three (cont'd)

"I’m sorry ma, it’s my fault.” Irene spoke catching me by surprise. At least she managed to redirect my mom’s piercing looks to herself giving me time to exhale. “Michael was just telling me about his Quick thinking high score and it made me lose control of myself, I’m sorry that it got your attention.”

Wow, I was surprised at how she could think of such perfectly fabricated lie and tell it in such a believing way. If that was a scientific setting, she would have won the noble price for lie telling undisputed. I had never felt so relieved about a lie as I was that day and although I wondered how she knew that I had actually been playing Quick thinking, I wasn’t too concern as her lie was already taking its effect on both mothers, they both sighed simultaneously with my mom turning to smile at me.

“I thought he had started with one of his gimmicks again, he can be so unaccommodating and rude sometimes.” My mom said jokingly.

Thanks mom, I think that is what my already half burnt CV needed at that time, another strong recommendation. I rolled my inner eyes making sure I said that in my head.
Irene smiled. “I’ve noticed, but I think it’s something I can handle.”

There it was again, that note in her voice.
“Please keep your voices low.” Mrs. Remy spoke

‘Voice’ I corrected her mentally.

“We were deep in a discussion before we were distracted by it. I don’t want to have an heart attack at this age, I still have lots of things to accomplish.”

“Okay ma.” Irene replied. “Sorry Ma’s.” She tried to sound funny. I rolled my eyes, she wasn’t.

My mom gave me one final look before she shut the door behind her much to my relief.
I turned to Irene and she was back with that look, wow, how girls could so swiftly switch between facial expressions was amazing. I was lost of words at the moment, I wasn’t the type to easily say the word ‘Thank you’, it was a very rare stigma.

“Nice lie.” I managed to mutter as the stare was becoming awkward.

Irene looked like she was going to faint in any minute after the statement, she stood from the chair and joined me on the bed, dragging my laptop off my laps as I watched the drama she was acting out. She scrolled to my Quick thinking platform and double clicked on the score icon, before I had an idea of what she was doing, she deleted all the records. It was my time to scream but I couldn’t I just watched in utmost shock, over six months hard work gone in just one click.

“There we go, now we are even.” She pushed the laptop aggressively into my hands, and I couldn’t stop the shock from showing on my face.

She went back to the chair she had been sitting on and after a mini second, came back to the bed and dragged the laptop from me, switched it off and took it back with her to her sit. She gave me a daring stare, her gaze daring me to try something, anything. But with the shock I had just past through, and the picture of that angry look on my mom’s face, I knew that I had just become a pun in her game, and she had the upper hand.

“Now we can talk like two grown adult” She said when she realized that I wasn’t going to do anything. “What were you doing with Simi on Tuesday?”

I gave her a blank stare. “And how do you know I was with her on Tuesday?” Even when I was trying hard not think about her, nature had a way of bringing me back to he
r.
“I saw you in the restaurant, I was also eating there and I also saw you rushed out when Femi came in. It was as if there were needles under your seat after he came in, you became so restless.

Thanks for the professional observation, my inner self said crossing its legs and picking its teeth. I paused for a while, since she knew about Simi and Femi, maybe she knew more.

“What do you know about Simi?” I asked and the first time that afternoon, I was anxious to converse with her.

“And why do you think I would know something about her?” She asked wryly.

I sighed; she was not going to make this easy for me. Guess that was what I got from being a total ‘Douche-bag’.

“Do you like her?” Her voice came again and the room had never felt as hot as it did at that moment.

My inner self gave a wide grin, folding its arms as it awaited my response and I really wanted to smack its head for almost making say something I didn’t want to. I turned to Irene and it was my time to give a wry reply.

“Why, do you think I like her?”

She scorned. “That means you like her.” She concluded looking a bit disappointed.

“Excuse me, I never said I did.” I said trying to defend my statement

“But you never said you didn’t either. In my experience about stuffs like this, when a guy doesn’t like a girl, they say it out rightly; some even get mad for being paired together. But when they do and they don’t want to spill it out or maybe they are still confused on what they feel, like in your case, they try to hide it behind wall of words, never accepting or denying it.”

I must give it to her, she was a very good observer but was wrong about something; I was never confused about anything. My inner self cleared its throat raising a board above its head with -Do you know why you can’t stop thinking about those eyes? - inscribed on it.

“Or maybe they just wanted to know a little bit of info about their new friend.” I said sounding as convincing as I could.

“A friend, that’s all she is right.” She wasn’t having any of it. “Why don’t you just ask your new friend to tell you about herself? I’m sure she would gladly do so.”

I didn’t understand why she had such unwillingness to tell me anything, it looked like she was trying to accuse me of something and was hoping that it was wrong. I paused for a while trying to alter the manner at which I approached her, she was going to talk, but she just needed the perfect nudge.

“Are you friends with her?” I asked calmly. I tried not to sound interested in whatever reply she’d give.

She hibernated for a bit as if trying to examine my question, her resolve gradually fading. “I don’t think we are, we’ve hanged out once or twice before, I have her contact and we’ve spoken over the phone but each time was because she wanted to speak to my mom and her number was not going through. I got to know her because of her relationship with my mom; I think she’s working for my mom’s company. But she has a personal work relation with my mom and I don’t know what exactly she does for her because my mom wouldn’t let me onto it, but I think it’s quite important as they meet very often. Her aunt accompanies her in some occasions.”

There it was, all the information I needed. So she was staying with her aunt and was working for my mom’s friend, what a small world we lived in, and how unfair it was to me; always trying to tie our path together. I felt something for her -even though I had just only recently began to accept that fact since I didn’t want to be tagged as ‘Confused’, and whatever it was I felt, even though I didn’t want to acknowledge it yet, I knew that I wanted to spend more time with her, I wanted to stare at those eyes, I wanted to watch her get angry and see her eyes lit from a smile. I wanted all that and more, but I couldn’t have them because she already had a boyfriend, she was already taken.

“Do you think her aunt maltreats her?” I asked trying to keep the conversation going.

“I don’t think so.” Irene sighed. “She looks stressed most times but that’s just normal, a lot of us are stressed but not all of us carry it on our faces.” She mocked.

I paused again wondering why she needed to work, was she trying to save up money for something, maybe her education or maybe one of her relative was sick and she needed money for their treatment, maybe her mom, that would make sense and it could be the reason why she was staying with her aunt instead with her parents.

“Can I get her number from you?” I asked careful monitoring Irene’s emotion levels. I didn’t want her to shut the door on my face now that I was almost in the room.

She stared at me considering my question. “Why do you want her number?”

There she went again with the questions, I sighed trying to sound thoughtful.

“I think she needs the money for something, I can’t figure out what it is yet but I want see if I can help her out."

She digested my answer and after a while brought out her phone. “I’d give it to you on one condition.” Her gaze was locked on mine.

I stared at her hoping Simi’s number was worth the condition she was about to state.

“I get your number in return.” She continued.
That didn’t sound like a bad deal, a number for another number but I wondered why she wanted mine in return and couldn’t put my curiosity to bay. “And why do you want my number?”

“Is it bad to have a new friend’s number?” She stated trying to mimic my earlier countenance.

It looked very boyish from her and I couldn’t help but smile to her newly found role.
“Okay, it’s a deal.” I said stretching my hand trying to make it formal, she smiled and received my handshake.

“Deal.”

We exchanged the numbers just in time before her mother came in to announce that they had to be on their way, leaving us to round up things. She stood up and sighed.

“Guess we’d have to continue our discussion over the phone. It’s a good thing knowing that there is also a lovely spirit behind that wall of arrogance you put on.” She stood up straightening her dress. “I’d chat you up later in the evening.” She winked at me and walked out of the room as I trailed behind.

It was a tradition in my home to always see a guest up to the gate and it was one we kept well even when it discomforted us.

“Hope he wasn’t much of a jerk?” my mom asked Irene as we walked them out of the house.

Irene smiled and turned to me. “He wasn’t much of a jerk, on the contrary he was a very accommodating host.”

My inner self rolled its eyes; I could play any role when I wanted something. This wasn’t any different.

“You guys should get to know each other, you could become good friends and that’s something Irene does not have, friends.” Irene’s mom spoke.

My mom gave me an awkward smile. “I think that’s a good, they are not so different after all. Michael also has no friends and this might be a good opportunity for him to get one.” She winked at me.

“Yeah, I think we will be very good friends” Irene spoke and her gaze made it look like she was very certain.

“Awn.” My mom blushed on my behalf and hugged her. We were already at the gate and I couldn’t wait for this mini drama to end. I couldn’t wait to get back to my room and try to clear the air between myself and Simi; I had this unusual excitement building up in me.

We said our goodbyes and immediately they stepped out of the gate I hurried back to my room and quickly grabbed my phone. I went straight to the contact Irene gave me and quickly launched the WhatsApp icon to check if it was also a WhatsApp contact, it was. I quickly typed into the message box

"Hi, this is Michael. You’ve were absent on Thursday and Friday and I just wanted to check up on you to see if everything is fine…

I stopped typing; I had to apologize for my behavior towards her, I ignored her without giving her a reason and I thought that was kind of Immature, she deserved to know why I did that and what I felt for her. I had to put the ball in her court and leave it up for her to decide.

"Also, I’m sorry about my behavior at launch that day. I think I panicked because of the extra company and to think that he was your boyfriend worsened the situation. I’ve not come to the understanding of what I feel for you, but if all these movies and books are anything to go by, I think I might be falling for you faster than I am to control. This isn’t supposed to be the way I should be telling you this but I need to get this out of me. Hope to see you in the Tutorials on Monday and maybe we could talk about your view or you could message me back here on WhatsApp.

I clicked on the send button and dropped my phone on the bed as my heart started racing a little. I wondered if I had made the right decision telling her how I felt or if I had just allowed the excitement get the best of me. My phone beeped and I picked it up almost instantly. I had four messages from her and I was impressed as well as well as feeling nervous as I immediately had wet palms. I clicked on the message icon to access the message and it read.

"Wow, it took you just 2 minutes and 49 seconds

Awnnnnn, that is very sweet of you. Just a friend? I think you need to rephrase that statement

Anyways, I know you must be getting very furious by now, just take a chill pill and calm down. This is a really bad move I must say, telling a girl how you feel over the phone. It’s a good thing I didn’t give you her number.

Your new friend- Irene"

I couldn’t believe my eyes, I had successfully been hoodwinked by Irene and to say the least, I was far off the furious atmosphere; I was floating in the rage planet. I fell back on my bed staring at the ceiling; I couldn’t believe she had successfully played a smooth trick on me. She actually outsmarted me and proved to be very good at the games she played. I sighed, as I turned back to my phone typing angrily into it.

"A nice move, but I assure you, two can play this game."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
Please, comment below...
Thanks for following
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 4:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
skubido:
Following
Welcome on board man

Omaapre22:

Nice one @Frankline461
Thanks ma
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by Ann2012(f): 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
Interesting
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by skubido(m): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
OMG,, see Brain

OP tanks for the update
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 8:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
skubido:
OMG,, see Brain

OP tanks for the update

My pleasure

Ann2012:
Interesting
Thanks
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by nkemdave(m): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2018
I can't stop laughing at the game played by Irene.

Smart move by her. I'm beginning to like her.

Kudos #Frankline461
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2018
nkemdave:
I can't stop laughing at the game played by Irene.

Smart move by her. I'm beginning to like her.

Kudos #Frankline461

Thanks man.

A teaser dropping tomorrow, stay tunedwink wink
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by LightQueen(f): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2018
Thanks for the update dear
waiting for the teaser grin
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by AmaUwana(f): 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2018
wow
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 2:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
TEASER

“Where are we going?” I asked her after a while as we stepped out of the tutorial building.

She looked up and smiled at me. “You’d find out soon enough.”

She stopped abruptly when we got to the gate, picking up her phone and letting go of me for the first time that afternoon. She typed into it and raised her head to look around for something as I watched her little drama wondering what she was planning.

After a while, Simi and Femi joined us out of the blue and the shock I got from their sudden appearance sent my heart rate and blood pressure spiking, it felt like I had just completed a marathon race on an highland. I turned to Irene giving her a questioning look, but she shrugged it off as she welcomed them. I could see that Simi was also surprised and not comfortable with the setting; I knew at that moment that just like me, she had been coaxed to come here.

“Thanks for coming.” Irene spoke to Simi who only tried to force out a smile, and for another split second, our gaze met again.

Irene gripped my hand in that same couple-like manner and I could see a stint surprise on Simi’s face at the sudden familiarity. I wanted to explode at Irene’s action, if I was a vampire at that moment, I would have ripped out her heart without thinking or blinking. I cleared my throat trying to free my hand but she held it back giving me that girlish-i-am-in-love smile, my stomach turned and I felt dizzy.

Name: Mr. Amusa Ridwan
Stature: Normal
Height: Short
D.O.B: 15th of July 1968
Complexion: Dark
Relationship: Married
Hobbies: Drinking, flirting and driving
Philosophy of life: Life is simple, live simply

1 Like

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by skubido(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2018
Whc wan be Irene own na

OP tanks for the update
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by nkemdave(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2018
Irene is one character that will make this story more interesting.

I see her as the antagonist.....Not sure though sad sad

Frankline461 has the answer.
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2018
Chapter Four

Monday came as quickly as the weekend flew and I continued my newly found ritual of attending the Tutorials. This time, I did not have that gut draining feeling I constantly had throughout last week when I had to pick up myself from my bed and prepare for the days adventure; it had been replaced by a placid feeling, like the tranquil feeling you get when you have a cold bath on a hot day. Maybe it was because since I started attending the tutorial, my usually ‘Boring life’ as stipulated by my Mom had become a little bit spiced up or because I was beginning to experience what it meant to be a teen; something I usually read off the pages of novels.

I had been scheduled to meet the family doctor today for some routine checkups on my lungs even though the symptoms had on the long run, depreciated- apart from the day I freaked out when I had launch with Simi and her ‘Boyfriend’- and Amusa had been given strict instructions to pick me up immediately after my classes and take me to the hospital before bringing me back home. I also had an appointment with Irene ‘The Cheetah’- it was a new nickname I had given her since our first encounter at the house and although I knew obviously that I wasn’t that good at giving nicknames, I couldn’t just shake off the pleasure I got from labeling her that and consequently, it was what her number was stored as on my phone. We had engaged in a mini chat after that prank she pulled and had scheduled to meet today during the break to discuss my ‘Options’, she was going to be my tutor on this topic and I was already her student willingly or not, if I didn’t want to risk my whole chat becoming a public knowledge; Such bully!

My first two classes ended very quickly with Badmus taking us Genetics in Biology and Longman taking us Equilibrium in Physics. The tension between I and Badmus seemed to have been easing and although he still ignored me for most of his classes, he sent some stares in my direction that I decided to take as encouraging. At least now he looked at me and acknowledged my presence in the class, formerly he just acted like I was wearing an invisible mask that made me not noticeable. Longman on the other hand was more of a comedian than a teacher and I wasn’t the only one that thought so; the constant giggling and cracking from the students each time he made one of his silly jokes spoke volumes. I didn’t find his jokes funny, in contrast, I found them depressing coming from an aged man, probably in his mid-thirties, who was supposed to be by standard, matured and sensible, but both qualities seemed hundreds of miles away from him.

“Would a Ford car produced in Thailand be called Typhoid?” He stated one time and much to my confusion, the whole class burst into laughter with some holding the sides of their stomach. “Or if I placed my head on the rug, does that make me Rugged?” He continued, further invigorating their laughter and worsening my confusion.

Simi was present today and this was the first time she came early for a class. For most of the class she totally ignored me, never looking in my direction. The only time our gaze met was when I was packing up my bag and she was leaving the class. It was very brief and short but it felt like it was for eternity, the glow in her eyes was no longer there and they had been replaced by a dark ring, a scary dark ring. Her countenance also wasn’t lively and she looked to be in some kind of hurry as she stormed out of the class not saying anything to me; it was very visible that she was angry. I was a little hurt being ignored by her like that and at that moment, I knew what it felt like when I totally ignored her without a reason.

Irene was already waiting when I exited the class, she was standing around a corner typing into her phone and was oblivious of my presence; I wondered how long she had been standing there. I proceeded towards her and even when I stood beside her, she was still lost in whatever it was she was doing, I had to finally get her attention by clearing my throat. She looked up and was a little bit startled by my sudden appearance. She wasn’t the only person startled or surprised in the corridor, a lot of other students were also surprised that I was talking to Irene as it was the first time they had seen me converse with another student in the tutorial and the stares they sent our way felt very heavy on my skin. Irene felt very appraised by the looks on their faces especially on other girls that had disappointed or maybe jealous looks on their faces, she also tried to make the best out of the moment by grabbing my hands and holding it in a couple-like manner prompting longer and heavier stares.

“I thought your class wasn’t going to end.” She said as we walked through the corridor towards the exit trying to make sure she was close to me as possible.

“How long were you standing outside?” I asked trying to wave off the awkwardness I felt from their gazes.

“I don’t know, maybe around fifteen to twenty minutes.” She smiled at some girls who were sitting on a chair in the corridor.

“Why? I could have gone to your class when I was done, instead of you just standing there and doing nothing.” I tried to adjust my bag but I couldn’t because of her tight grip.

“And why are you clinging on to me? It’s not as if I would fly if you let go of me.”

“Well, first and foremost, I didn’t trust you keeping your end of the bargain of meeting me, not after what I had done to you on Saturday.” She winked at me and I rolled my eyes. “And secondly, I wasn’t just standing there and doing nothing, I was checking out some funny memes on PotTv. You should try them out, they are very hilarious.” She acknowledged another group of onlookers.

“And about holding your hand, I don’t see anything wrong with holding a friend’s hand, unless you think it would ruin your chances of having your fairy tale love affair with Simi.” Her pitch was slightly raised.

I tensed up immediately she mentioned that name my eyes travelling across faces of the other students trying find an expression or reaction to what Irene had said, but they all seemed not to have to have let that slip past them. Her voice was quite audible and if they had been listening well, they’d have heard it.

“Keep your freaking voice low.” I protested and she smiled at me, knowing that her plan to further curb me was paying dividends.

“Where are we going?” I asked her after a while as we stepped out of the tutorial building.

She looked up and smiled at me. “You’d find out soon enough.”

She stopped abruptly when we got to the gate, picking up her phone and letting go of me for the first time that afternoon. She typed into it and raised her head to look around for something as I watched her little drama wondering what she was planning.

After a while, Simi and Femi joined us out of the blue and the shock I got from their sudden appearance sent my heart rate and blood pressure spiking, it felt like I had just completed a marathon race on an highland. I turned to Irene giving her a questioning look, but she shrugged it off as she welcomed them. I could see that Simi was also surprised and not comfortable with the setting; I knew at that moment that just like me, she had been coaxed to come here.

“Thanks for coming.” Irene spoke to Simi who only tried to force out a smile, and for another split second, our gaze met again.
Irene gripped my hand in that same couple-like manner and I could see a stint surprise on Simi’s face at the sudden familiarity. I wanted to explode at Irene’s action, if I was a vampire at that moment, I would have ripped out her heart without thinking or blinking. I cleared my throat trying to free my hand but she held it back giving me that girlish-i-am-in-love smile, my stomach turned and I felt dizzy.

“I’m sure you’ve met Michael.” Irene spoke, redirecting her question more to Simi.

“Yes we have….” Femi replied before Simi could speak.

I scorned, always the forward one, he answers every question at impulse.

“….our first encounter was a thriller.” He continued.

Irene giggled turning to me and giving me a wide smile. “Yeah, the little time we’ve been together, I’ve noticed that he loves being dramatic and that’s one of the reasons I like him.”

Hello, I turned to Irene, my eyeballs almost out of its socket. What in heaven’s sake was she trying to do and when did we even become a thing? I tried to protest but before I could mutter a thing, she cut in.

“Okay, so let’s go grab launch. I’m sure we are all hungry.” She turned to me. “I’m famished.”

I drew a deep breath in, dreading where all these was heading to.
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
Chapter four (cont'd)

Irene compelled Femi to come with her to get our orders; she somehow to possessed that aura that made it hard for her not to get what she wanted. The impending consequence was that I and Simi were left alone on our sit; at least she had made one good decision for the first time that afternoon. For a moment, there was an awkward silence between us as I tried to rehearse my line of apology but she eased things out by throwing the first question.

“So you and Irene, you guys are a thing now?” she asked searching my eyes and I swear that I saw that glow in them for a moment.

The question kind of caught me off guard hence throwing me off balance for a while.
“Hell no, we are not.” I stuttered. “We only just met last week Saturday when she came to our house with her mom.” It was like I was trying to justify myself to her.

Her expression to my reply was blank and I begged in me for her to give me something more, something that showed that she believed what I had just said, but all I got was a straight face with no expressions.

“Looks like you guys have kicked it off real good since then. You must have had a really exciting time with her for you to send her that text.”

I paused staring at her for a while trying to figure if I heard right. “What text?” I asked confused.

She scoffed. “The one where you told her you were still trying to figure out what you were feeling for her and would want to meet her today? I guess that’s why she invited us; she didn’t want to be left alone with a psycho like you. Who knows, you might just reap out her heart and offer it to Betty.”

I was shocked and inner self had its mouth wide open to buttress my reaction. I blinked rapidly trying to clear the cache that was building up in my head at that moment, how did she know about that message and how did she even know about Betty? Was she some kind of spy with those expensive equipments that knows everything about me and could track every move I made, or we are to be more African, was she a Witch?

“How do you know about that message, and how do you even know about Betty?”

“So it’s true, you do feel something for her?” she ignored my second my second question.

She spoke with a little bit of anger and I didn’t understand why she was angry. It was not as if we had something going on between us and I was violating any agreement we had made. Her reaction kind of brought me on the edge, making me angry too.

“Well, you’re ignoring my second question, how do you know about my favorite drink, the kind of person I am, and now Betty?”
She looked away her eyes doing a good work of concealing anything she had to give away. “That’s none of your business.”

I scorned. “It’s none of my business? You are violating my personal right and whatever it is that you’re doing, you can be sued for it. I’m sure whatever machine you’re using would have told you that my mom is the Chief Judge of this state.” I bit my lips, I wasn’t the type to show off my parent’s position, but here I was doing it just because of her.

“You were saying?” She was daring me to continue, but I had had enough of it, hence I remained silent. She rolled her eyes. “Now back to the question, do you feel something for her?”

I held my head as I felt a sharp headache, I was tired of answering that question and sincerely, I wanted it to stop because it was driving me insane, it made me feel vulnerable. “Why do you want to know if I feel something for her, why are you girls so concerned about what I feel? You have your boyfriend and you don’t see me around getting all nosy about your relationship with him.”

She scorned. “Nosy. You think I’m being nosy here?” The tension was beginning to build up between us and I hated tension, my lungs just couldn’t take them.
It was as if we were having a couple’s fight but the problem here was that we were not a couple.

“Yes, I think you’re being nosy and maybe you should try minding your business sometimes, it would do you some good.” I didn’t know where all these were coming from. About an hour ago, I was longing to clear the air between us; this was somebody I had hoped to start afresh with, somebody I hoped to get to my side, somebody I wanted to spend more time with. But each time we met, it was as if we just couldn’t hold ourselves back from trying to rip each other apart.

“You know what, you are really a jerk, you’re so full of yourself that you think the world revolves all round you but the news is that it doesn’t.” she slapped her forehead lightly. “I didn’t know was I was doing, thinking that there might be a good person in that mess of a heart you’ve got there. You are monster and you deserve everything that’s about to come your way.”

Irene and Femi joined us on the table amid her outburst and before they could ask any questions, she stood up, grabbed her bag and stormed out of the restaurant. Femi placed the food on the table, giving me a death stare before going after her. Irene sat down looking at me, she looked surprised at what had happened but I wasn’t that convinced with her expression. She might have been faking it and for all I knew, this might have all been planned out after all. She wanted the rift between I and Simi to grow wider and I didn’t know the reason behind her actions.

“What the hell happened here?” she asked concerned, placing her order on the table. I gave her a cold stare, picked up my bag off the table and also stormed out of the restaurant without saying a word.

I couldn’t go back to the tutorials, I was fed up with everything and was already losing my temper; I could do something worse than what I did to Badmus . I called Amusa to come pick me up as I tried to breath with the help of my inhaler. I also tried to figure out what she meant by her last statement ‘you deserve everything that’s about to come your way’, I couldn’t figure it out, maybe she had just spoken out of anger. Most of us actually do not mean what we say when we were angry. Amusa arrived around ten minutes later much to my relieve.

“Small oga, shey make we go the hospital now?” he asked as he drove.

I looked at him, my head was almost exploding but I knew I had to keep it in check.

“No, I don’t want to go to the hospital, just take me home.” I said trying to sound as cool as I could.

“But big oga say make I…..”

“Just take me home.” I screamed on the top of my voice, startling him, but it did just the job it was meant to as the rest of the journey was quiet.

I got home and walked straight to my room, it was just twenty minutes past one and my parents were not due to come in until around seven for my Mom and around past eight for my Dad. They would be very furious that I had not gone to see the doctor because they would have contacted him to check how things were progressing; they always did after a check-up. I didn’t care about the scolding I’d get or the angry look my mom would wear. I was over filled with rage that I thought could handle both.

My phone rang and I picked it up to check the caller -it was Irene. I cut the call and placed the phone on vibration as I jumped on my bed and for a moment laid motionless. I thought about all that had earlier played out and sighed, maybe some things were just not supposed to be. My inner self nodded its head, concurring to my deductions with a large goggle on. I smiled at its look, muttering a compliment to it.
I didn’t know when I fell asleep but it was a very long nap as woke up about seven hours later. I checked the time and it was around fourteen minutes to eight. “poo” I muttered, my Mom must have been back. The sudden realization of the scolding I was going to receive for not going to see the doctor suddenly hit me like a brick and my defense rage was nowhere to be found at that moment. I previously didn’t care about the look I would get from my Mom, but I suddenly realized that I did. What a long sleep can do to you.

I picked up my phone and switched on the backlight, I had fourteen missed calls, probably from Irene. Was she calling to apologize or try to coax me into forgiving her? I didn’t know and I didn’t care. I switched off the back light and headed to my Mom’s room, I had discovered that it was better for me to go receive the scolding than for her to come give it to me, it was lighter and I’d get lesser impact that way.

I knocked and opened the door to my parent’s room; it was dark as the light was switched off. I located the switched and turned it on to find it empty. That was very unusual as my Mom never came late from work. Maybe the traffic was heavier than usual today and that was what was holding her back. I shut the door and headed to the kitchen to get hydrated. I unlocked my phone and clicked on the missed calls icon, I realized that the calls had not all come from Irene. She had given me a reasonable amount of missed calls, six, but the remaining eight had come from my mum. That was weird, my mom was the type that thought that two missed calls and a message was enough to tell the person that it was urgent but here she was, bombarding me with eight of her calls. My eyes scrolled to the message icon, and I realized I also had messages, a lot of them.

My Mom had also left me with lots of messages, fifteen of them. I clicked on the icon to open the messages.

"Leave whatever you’re doing and meet me at Flippers Hotel now."

I checked the time of the message and it was by 3:15PM. Guess it was late to obey that request now over four hours later. I scrolled to the next message

"Whatever you do, avoid the house and meet me the hotel in fifteen and pick up your phone."

I checked the time and it was five minutes after the first message, I was starting to get worried as I scrolled to the next message.

"Tell me you’ve left the house, I need to be assured that you’re safe. Please call me, you’re making me worried.'

I quickly scrolled to the next message as I walked into the sitting room adrenaline slowly filling my blood.

"I’m at the hotel now and you’re not here, pick up the phone, it’s very important that you’re not at home now

Please Michael, just pick up your phone or call me immediately you see this."

I couldn’t wait to read the remaining message as I quickly place a call to my mom. As the receiver rang, my drifted to Simi’s words and I couldn’t help but think that all this had something to do with it. My Mom picked up immediately after the first ring.

“Hello Michael”

“Hello Mom, I just saw your messages now, I was fast asleep.”

“Oh, thank God you’re okay. Wait, are you still in the house?” I could hear the crack in her voice, she had been crying.

“Yes I am. I just woke up about five….”

“Leave everything and come to Flippers now.” She ordered, interrupting me.

“I don’t understand what is going on.” I spoke, seeking some kind of clarification.

“I would explain everything to you when you get here, first of all you have to leave the house, it is the first place they would check. I tried calling Amusa but his phone is not going through, I think it would be safer if you do not wait for him and just take a public transport, at least that way, you’d be among the crowd.”

‘They’ who were they? I wondered, what was happening and why did my mum sound so frightened. “Okay ma, I would be on my way now.”

“Be careful Michael, they seem to know our every move.”

I was beginning to get angry, who were they that they had the right to scare my mom, who were they that we had to leave our house for them. Couldn’t my mom just call the police or something and get all this over with? I sighed as I ended the call and rushed to my room to pick up my sweater and my wallet. This was not the first time our lives had been threatened by unknown people, but this was the first time that my mom would freak out like this. I thought about my dad, I had not heard anything about him and prayed that he was okay. I shook off the thought that Simi’s words had anything to do with this and even though my inner self presented me with a strong alibi, I kicked the idea out. This was by far bigger than her mere threat and I only hoped it was solvable.

I stepped out of the house, adjusting the hood over my head, it would be best if I could just conceal my identity and get smooth ride to the hotel. I had not taken more than three steps when I heard some at the side of the house. I took some quick back steps with my heart racing and leaned over on the wall straining my ears to hear what they were discussing.

“It doesn’t look like anyone else is here, guess they were tipped off.”

“No, the driver said the son was in and he should in there somewhere. We just need to finish this job smoothly and quietly without attracting attention.”

I quickly took some slow steps back into the house and shut the door quietly behind me. I turned off the light to the living room and walked quickly to my room, my heart beating faster than I could keep up. I opened my wardrobe and squeezed myself into it, shutting it from the inside as I place a call back to my mom. I tried to figure out a plan as the receiver rang; a plan to get out this predicament unscattered.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by frankline461: 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
Comments and suggestions below....

Also, don't forget to like and share grin grin grin

Thanks again for being patient
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by skubido(m): 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
Omo dis wan na gbege oooo, who den be

OP tanks for the update
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by Ann2012(f): 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2018
See gobbe, what's happening now shocked

Thanks for the update
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by abubakarbabang7(m): 6:30am On Dec 08, 2018
OP u are d man
Re: Forbidden Love (A Story By Frankline461) by Nuel45(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2018
Thanks Man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Journeys Of An Alcoholic,young, Foolish Woman / Unveiling Nigeria's Most Dreaded Gossip Journalist........ / My Sweet And Lovely House Boy (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 452
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.