₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,191,336 members, 4,778,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 February 2019 at 04:00 PM

This Guy Lost A Job Because The Interviewer Saw Him With 2 Phones Worth #200K. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Guy Lost A Job Because The Interviewer Saw Him With 2 Phones Worth #200K. (907 Views)

Thanks To Infinix, I Saw Davido Concert Live At 02 Arena / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) / Woman Saw Soap After Unboxing Her Newly Purchased Iphone (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Guy Lost A Job Because The Interviewer Saw Him With 2 Phones Worth #200K. by supernova094(m): 8:49am On Nov 15, 2018
The twitter user, identified only as Okeke, tweeted of an incident where a job applicant got rejected at an interview (yes, in Nigeria) simply because they saw in his possession, two smartphones worth over N200k.

#YouthUnemployment/ OGP.
@okekecc
Someone recently didn't get a job cos he was in possession of two phones worth over 200k but his last academic/professional certification was 4 years ago.
Lead interviewer simply said "If he can't add value to himself, I don't see him adding value to this firm"

Real life story.

I bet the job he was applying for wasn’t even worth N200k per month!

On why the interviewee was rejected, Mr. Okeke’s tweet continued that it was due to the fact that the guy hasn’t acquired any professional or Educational certifications within the last 4 years to warrant owning two smartphones so expensive.

In the lead interviewer’s words, “If he can’t add value to himself, I don’t see him adding value to this company”.

It’s an incredulous story I have to admit, but’s it’s a true life story. The interviewer must have imagined that the guy in question was probably into one shady thing or the other.

Source: http://www.richeetech.com.ng/two-smartphones/
Re: This Guy Lost A Job Because The Interviewer Saw Him With 2 Phones Worth #200K. by asuustrike1: 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
They are two sides of a coin. The interviewed person was real compare to some persons that pretend during interview and does worst. Yes he had phones worth 200k but doesn't mean the would employee is into shady business, it is mere assumptions or perception until proven. On the other hand the would employee was foolish to have carried such phone there because the mindset of many interviewers are weird, archaic and unreasonable. Am sure a person with 8 years experience with variety of skills would not be turned down especially if one of the skills is what the company needs. Next time when such person goes for interview, he should be smart because that is what is obtainable over here.

1 Like

Re: This Guy Lost A Job Because The Interviewer Saw Him With 2 Phones Worth #200K. by giftedben: 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
Just imagine owning an IPhone 8, but you keep begging your uncle with a Nokia touch to send you money.
Re: This Guy Lost A Job Because The Interviewer Saw Him With 2 Phones Worth #200K. by jesuisnaga: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Need Stuffs For Your Mobile Phone? / Locked Phone / Faulty Ear Piece Port.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.