Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... (44739 Views)

Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots / Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group / The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Patrioticman007(m): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2018
The truth be told. The CIA got it right. The ipobians pigs should continue wailing. The Yoruba tribe should be more responsible by marring and having kids. The Hausa still breed like its 1960. The Fulani are yet to use condoms. The Yoruba's girls are still baby mama's.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by slim75d(m): 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
oilPUSSY:
I never knew Ibibios are more than Ijaws

i wonder ! ijaws re in bayelsa, rivers, delta, edo, ondo, akwa ibom
ibibios re the major ethnic group in a/ibom b4 annang hw cn they be more than the ijaws
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by donbenie(m): 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
RockHard:

The only thing we have that is closest to an informed estimate of population spread are the telecoms data (attached below) because it is unbiased in any form, and it clearly shows the SE as the least populated while the SW is the single largest/most populated. Oyo and Ogun population alone are more than those of the SE combined (without including Lagos or Ekiti, Ondo, Osun or Kwara and Yoruba-speaking Kogi).
The ONLY issue with your writeup and claim is that telecom data DOES NOT in any way provide for the ETHNICITY of its subscribers or have you conveniently forgotten that the Igbos are the most widely dispersed ethnic group in the Country?
There are MILLIONS of Igbos living in the NORTH, MILLIONS living in the SW most especially Lagos and MILLIONS in the SS or are you insinuating they don't use phones and are not included in the figures for these regions?
and how did you arrive at your figures of Oyo and Ogun being more populated than the SE?
Am sure no Official population data in the country makes that claim,but here you are pulling data out of the thin air..
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2018
So uninterested. Going round in useless circles. Let this country just split so we find our way.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by marvinsync(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
RockHard:

That is why I said even if the SW 'dashes' igbos 5-million out of our total SW population (going by that data I presented), una go still fall far short. Oyo and Ogun combined telecoms data subscribers outnumber those of the entire SE states combined. That's just two states in the SW. The 4 remaining SW states (as well as Kwara and YOruba-speaking Kogi) have a combined telecoms subscriber base of atleast 28-million. If you still don't get it, then I cannot help you. I dey go to bed.

telecom data?

those that have multiple Sims nko?

it's even a lot easier to see someone that has multiple Sims that someone that has just one

listen no matter how u look at it telecom data means shyte
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by VictorRomanov: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
RockHard:

The only thing we have that is closest to an informed estimate of population spread are the telecoms data (attached below) because it is unbiased in any form, and it clearly shows the SE as the least populated while the SW is the single largest/most populated. Oyo and Ogun population alone are more than those of the SE combined (without including Lagos or Ekiti, Ondo, Osun or Kwara and Yoruba-speaking Kogi).

The 4 remaining SW states (as well as Kwara and YOruba-speaking Kogi) have a combined telecoms subscriber base of atleast 28-million.

There is a slight misrepresentation in your analysis. There is a difference between telecom population spread and ethnic population.

Take for example; the number of persons using mobiles phones in Lagos can be greater than those using mobiles phones in, say Rivers, because of the population density in Lagos and other factors. But it doesn't mean Yorubas constitute the only users of mobiles phones in Lagos just because Lagos is a Yoruba state. There are Igbos, Hausas, Ibibios and other who also constitute the telecom population of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by lawani: 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2018
When Nigeria breaks up all new nation's will be forced to conduct credible censuses to plan
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Sleekfingers: 5:45pm On Nov 16, 2018
What's all these craps....bloody Americans....dishing out percentages...

I know some morons in Nigeria will accept it...

2 Likes

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by NubaVertigo(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
alizma:

you don't know how figures are breakdown to make up this report. if you want an insight into it let me know

I want insight into it. Thanks
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by oilPUSSY(f): 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

No wonder y'all ran away from that your godforsaken savage jungle to our civilized SW lands. cool

Nevertheless, we remain your eternal masters and determine your pple's destiny. I'll implore my able Fashola, Ambode and the future leaders to keep the torch aloft by dealing mercilessly with you cannibalistic Savages. cool

If need be, I'll bring in your 'scorching' old friend... OBJ to replay the 1966 game for you all. cool
Master indeed.. Have you forgotten how your parents were begging Ojukwu their lord and personal Savior to help them to get Oduduwa before Aworat decided to hide under Gowon's brown boxers just because he was promised presidency he never achieved before he took something that was meant for a rat. ?
Don't worry, this time around, Nnamdi Kanu will never give you attention like Ojukwu attempted to.
Meanwhile, Kwara is still under siege, until you reclaim it you will remain a slave.
Talking of 1966, if you are not a Muslim that's always reading a suicide manual called kwoooran, you would have brought out time to read and find out that both tribes have casualties, not one sided .
Embrace western education and get enlightened OK?.. Stop reading Koran
Anyways, war is now over, you guys are now hell bent in mining yourselves to extinction that's why your population is going down..
More heads are still falling as I am typing this.

Again, the attached below is the picture of your shameless parents crying to Ojukwu their Master for help.
Go and seek for attention of your fellow backward Yoruba Muslims..I am done with you
Cowards!

4 Likes

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by NubaVertigo(m): 5:50pm On Nov 16, 2018
humandroid:

They probably use the heat signature from space satellite to focus on areas and let the AI calculate, that could be the possible means, but then it will be foolish and outright nonsense to think people at specific locations must be from that tribe.

Just cooked up statistics to meet their desires. They probably wanna change the political dynamics this time.

If we have more igbos than Yorubas, then there must be a decision the stats for some purposes unconnected with political manipulation in the next few decades.

It will be interesting.

Even if, the SW would reflect more numbers, so such a technique didn't happen..
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Laid2001: 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
This CIA statistics is suspect.!

Just Checked now:

No Hausa, nor Kanuri in Chad!
No Hausa in Cameroon!
No Hausa in Benin Republic?

Yet Niger is more than 50% Hausa.

Haba, this doesn't sound geographically correct at all.

2 Likes

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Tabuku: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2018
Today I detest CIA on this issues. Absolutely wrong. Fulanis are just 0.10% and originally they are not Nigerians. Another point of corrections, Hausa’s are not populated as exzaggerated. It’s not all the North that are Hausas. Bauchi is not Hausa , but the central capital is Hausa majority. Gombe are not Hausa they have language,only Sokoto, Jigawa, Kano, zamfara also have other few language eathnic . Meanwhile they are not as many as predicted. Travel to far north you’ll see that their villages are just few houses. If no restructuring then it’s the end. During population count, they count all with the Christians in North as northerners . The Christians with Hausa names are count as Muslims northerner . That’s why the lied about the oopulation so that they will claimed more numbers of legislatures or senators, with vote at the legislative the will always win

4 Likes

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Odingo1: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
Igbos have the biggest population in Nigeria followed by Hausa and Yoruba because Hausa have small small ethnics groups that is lump up as Hausa e.g Shiwa,Angas,Mongunu, Maggi

6 Likes

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by blantyre: 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
Fulani did not conquer hausa per se. It was not an ethnic but religious war. Yes the religious leaders were mostly fulanis and after the war, they being the commanders found themselves in positions of authority. So get the facts right, it wasn't an all out Fulani vs Hausa war. We in the north don't see it from that prism
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by NubaVertigo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2018
blantyre:
Fulani did not conquer hausa per se. It was not an ethnic but religious war. Yes the religious leaders were mostly fulanis and after the war, they being the commanders found themselves in positions of authority. So get the facts right, it wasn't an all out Fulani vs Hausa war. We in the north don't see it from that prism

It was a religious war.

It is an ethnic rule.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Codebrain775281: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2018
Seen

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by SultanYoung: 6:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
afroniger:
Without a properly conducted and credible census, all anyone can do is guesstimate. undecided
bro abeg carry brain put for your head and stop thinking like a nigerian, americans are the most realistic set of bieng around the worl d when it come to reaserch not to talk of C.IA or do you thinks they are like nigerian police or dss that commom on folding a simple crime they cant

1 Like

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Odingo1: 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
blantyre:

When the king ruling over you are Fulanis, isn't that conquering, when you don't rule yourselves and have Hausa kings, what will you call that. shocked sad
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Yyeske(m): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
RockHard:

You missed the point, the issue is about ethnicities and not state.
We have millions of Igbos in that figure for Lagos, would you now say they are all Yorubas, same for every other state in the federation.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by NubaVertigo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
SultanYoung:
bro abeg carry brain put for your head and stop thinking like a nigerian, americans are the most realistic set of bieng around the worl d when it come to reaserch not to talk of C.IA or do you thinks they are like nigerian police or dss that commom on folding a simple crime they cant

This is nonesene. They need to show their methodology. I've been unable to retrieve it so far.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by panch001(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2018
The most interesting thing is that you hardly see housa people complaining on nairaland. Wailers keep wailing till thunder strike you
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Bridget95(f): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2018
RockHard:

the data we are concerned about is ethnic population not geographic population which means population of everybody regardless of ethnicity.indepent survey shows the Igbo population thick at home in the southeast and heavy in every state of Nigeria and in the diaspora. More work need to be done.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by VULCAN(m): 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2018
Intelligence is rare sha

We are talking of tribal population this one is talking of geographical population.

Perhaps they are the same to him.

RockHard:

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by babyfaceafrica: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2018
I don't care
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Bridget95(f): 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2018
RockHard:

That is why I said even if the SW 'dashes' igbos 5-million out of our total SW population (going by that data I presented), una go still fall far short. Oyo and Ogun combined telecoms data subscribers outnumber those of the entire SE states combined. That's just two states in the SW. The 4 remaining SW states (as well as Kwara and YOruba-speaking Kogi) have a combined telecoms subscriber base of atleast 28-million. If you still don't get it, then I cannot help you. I dey go to bed.
bros ,we are concerned about population of ethic groups not population per geographic area.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by wiseone28: 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
bigfrancis21:

The 27.4% figure given to Hausas somewhat raises a doubt. To prod further, is this percentage referring to the core or 'ethnic Hausas' or it includes all minority tribes in the North who are not ethnic Hausa but speak Hausa as first language? If so, if these minority tribes are excluded from this figure, what would be a most likely percentage for the Hausa? 15% maybe? 18% maybe?

Another question is if the Igbo figure includes Igbo speakers in SS (Anioma, Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Edo) and middle belt (Kogi and Benue States) who number anywhere from 3m to 5m. If these speakers are excluded and we are to include them, the Igbo percentage might as well be at 16% to 18%.

Cc Scholes0
Afam4eva
Probs

Oga can you tell me the tribe in Akwa Ibom that speaks igbo cos you people adding Akwa Ibom to your igbo speaking state
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by jiorhemen(m): 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2018
alsudan:
Clearly shows Hausa's are the most populated by a mile, then why has the Fulani's conquered all of the Hausa's and half of the Yoruba's? Daura a once Hausa Emirate and Ilorin for the Yoruba's been a perfect example.
The Fulanis were the ones who spread Islam through jihad.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by arrestdarrester: 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2018
It is ominous for CIA to have interest in anything connected to you
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by franchasng: 6:28pm On Nov 16, 2018
scholes0:

Contrary to your write up and qhat I just quoted you on, the old CIA figures are actually based on the result of an Old Nigerian census that included ethnic and religious data. They probably just did their own little tweaking to it and published it as research. EVeryone knows these western agencies know jackshit about Africa or Nigeria ...

This was where the old figures came from. It was the result of Nigeria's 1963 census, that was done before the civil war.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2568779_48myjko_jpegcecde0d41350fd4fee05703ffa3d97bf

See, Before G.E.J came to power Ijaws have always been at 2% on that C.I.A and other sources Website. It was when the Niger Delta Militant crisis and Jonathan's ascension occured than They suddenly shot up to 10%.

As you can see, the old figures roughly corresponds to the new one, which was what they had up before like some sort of Ingenious research. Fulani plus Hausa, roughly 29%, Yoruba about 21%, Kanuris about 4%, Ibibis 3.5% yada yada..... They probably tweaked the figures and bumed Igbos up to 18 .... and so forth.....
Igbos are more than Yorubas in number, you can take that to bank bra.

Igbos make up 30 - 35% of Lagos population.

Igbos are found in all Nigerian states.

But Yorubas are hardly found in most Igbo and northern states in large number.

Igbos are the third largest tribe in Kano after Hausa, Fulani.

I always laugh at people who think Igbos are a minority tribe in Nigeria.

After Hausa, Igbos are the second largest tribe in Nigeria.

When they say Southeast have 5% votes, they forget that Igbos also make up majority of the voters in Lagos, Kano and Rivers State and other Nigerian states.

That's why politicians that know the truth don't joke with Igbos during election no matter what.

Goodluck lost to Buhari was because Yorubas, Northern states (Northeast, Northwest, North-central) voted massively against Goodluck, leaving Goodluck with only supports from Igbos and Niger Delta except Edo the sell out state of Niger Delta as usual.

Go and check the result of 2016 presidential election in Lagos, Buhari won Goodluck by narrow escape and u know why

The reason is because Igbos in Lagos who makeup between 25 - 30% of Lagos voters voted massively for Goodluck, thereby countering Yoruba peoples vote for Buhari in Lagos and Southwest states in general.

If you open your mind to reality and not clouded by ethnic bigotry and supremacy, u will understand my point.

Ever since the end of the Biafra-Nigerian civil war, The Hausa-Fulani/Yoruba controlled Nigerian government have always done their best to sideline Igbos and undermine them using every available state resources and apparatus, as can be seen in census and other stuffs.

Lastly, the census was never accurate because I was in Lagos during the last census and I wasn't counted, likewise some relations who were outside the country but I later heard that Northerners counted even their cows and late relatives during the census.

Anyway, they can keep pretending like they don't know that Igbos are the second biggest single tribe in Nigeria, but the reality is always there for all to see.

Americans know almost everything, you can disagree with them at your own peril, they know what's going on

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

PVC: You are an Enemy Of Nigeria If You Don't Have This. / Shameful, Irresponsible That DSS Is Leaking Our Phone Conversations - Fayose / Wike & His Wife Buying Things At A Market In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.