Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,959 members, 7,803,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... (44751 Views)

Military Officers Raise Alarm Over Corruption, Ethnic And Religious Bigots / Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group / The Most populous Nigeria ethnic groups abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by dokyOloye: 6:07am On Nov 21, 2018
wiseone28:

You still skip that part i asked for the name of the tribe that speaks igbo in Akwa Ibom?

I wanna know
Oga,a part of Ohafia(my wife's village) is in Akwa Ibom sir

2 Likes

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
Caseless:
you make me laugh when you say because igala is 1% , urhobo should be there. Lol! Urhobo people are more popular for the crisis they and itsekiri were having than their numbers. I told someone on another thread that, igala people are not happy with the mistake they made in the 1973 elections which saw Tiv having an imaginary higher number over the igalas - you know that census forms the basis for every figure you see today. They made mistake of failing to come out and be counted. In their own words, they felt coming out and to be counted would mean the government will force them to pay more taxes.

As for the ijaws, they're even far less than 2%.
I'm not an Urhobo but I quite agree with you. Urhobos are many. In fact, I think they are more popular in Nigeria than any other ethnic group in the ND save for the binis whose dynasty is well known. Ijaws are smaller compared to what we are made to believe online. I
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Caseless: 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
scholes0:

Don't be silly Tivs are more than Igalas.
Urhobos very likely more too.
grin grin

That's what you're.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Caseless: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2018
HarryDuce:
When you say homogeneous, I wonder how knowledge you are about Bayelsa. First, there's no central Izon/Ijaw language that everyone who ascribes to be Ijaw can speak.

How do you know who is Ijaw and who is not? Except you're counting for only Bayelsa state, then I'd agree with you. But that would be ignorant.
your people are without central language everyone understand, but they claim they have more speakers that the Swahili.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Caseless: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
Datazone:

I'm not an Urhobo but I quite agree with you. Urhobos are many. In fact, I think they are more popular in Nigeria than any other ethnic group in the ND save for the binis whose dynasty is well known. Ijaws are smaller compared to what we are made to believe online. I
ijaw figure na scam.
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Nowenuse: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2018
scholes0:

1 No population headcount happened in 1921. What happened then is probably same as what just happened now, Difference being ignorant colonists vs Ignorant American government agency making..... Yes, Guesses.. Besides I am not saying the US agency is biased or superficial, I am just simply saying the figures are most likely wrong. Which is very very possible. Heck, the best of their intelligence units can't even get a simple election result prediction under their noses right.

2- If it is actually a RESEARCH like you claim it is, where is the methodology and report, or better still How and when was it done like the OP rightly asked?

3 how can you possibly believe Igalas are more than URHOBOS, Nupes or even Edos? Common be serious.... #*Stern Face*

It is very possible for Igalas to outnumber Urhobos and Edos (Binis). Igalas can also outnumber Nupes if you do not include Nupe speaking tribes like Kakanda, Kupa, ganagana, dibo and bassa to Nupe population.

Igalas are found in 10 LGAs in Kogi state (dominate 8 and minorities in 2). They are also found in communities in Anambra, Enugu, Benue and even Delta & Edo states (Ebu, Ilushi & Ifeku towns).

Unless you add Isokos to Urhobos or count the entire Edo speaking tribes in Edo state as one, then Igalas can clearly outnumber them.

1 Like

Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by lawani: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Goodyness:
You have wrongly assumed that every phone or internet user in SW is Yoruba.
Like85 percent will be Yoruba
Re: CIA Revision Of Nigeria's Ethnic And Religious Statistics. Shock Alert!! ... by Kinzeyfranks(m): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
oilPUSSY:

Stop using that to judge..
This figure from CIA is unbiased and accurate.

Don't say that bro.

You can't be too sure.

The manipulation of census figures didn't start today. it started right

from the colonial era sef.

And by the way the data released by

Telecoms(NBS) must have been altered too

as we all know the tribe at helm of affairs now can influence anything just to be atop.

I stand to be corrected though.

You can view the picture below or you can search for the thread in the picture on nairaland and read up more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gunmen Tied My Hands, Made Me Watch As They Killed My Six Children One By One’ / Dino Melaye Booed At Notting Hill Carnival While On Stage / Governor Yari Buys Car For Abba Ahmad Sani Yerima Who Is Set To Wed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.