Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC (12101 Views)

Minimum Wage: How We Arrived At N200,000 — NLC President / Minimum Wage: Vote Out Governors Opposing N30,000 – NLC Tells Workers / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by otokx(m): 8:42am On Nov 16, 2018
Wabba has been doing Ganduje yet he wants to be taken seriously.
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 16, 2018
doctokwus:
Sentiments are over riding reality here.
The truth is that there will be grave repercussions for everyone if this 66% wage increase is implemented.
Its not feasible for now.
Let them start at 23-24k then in a few years time it should be reviewed and maybe adjusted again.
For a start minimum wage increase to 30k will likely see fuel price increased to N180 at least by whoever wins the next election because the goverment has to free money somewhere to get d new salary finance.Ditto,VAT and electricity cost would definitely go up.
Transport costs would skyrocket and other costs will increase correspondingly.
Sentiments should not override commonsense and economic logic.
Chai how did we end up like this? Not being able to afford a 30k min wage. Hope dey Dis country so?
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by Princeton92(m): 9:27am On Nov 16, 2018
Things in 9ja will always go up N down!
This isn't new na
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by Laid2001: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2018
State Government should be able to pay.
They should do whatever they needed to do to comply.
If need be, cut down on the unnecessary large political appointees and the spends on their various assemblies.
An last option should be to cut down on the size of the state civil services.

They should also find ways of increasing their internally generated revenues. They can do these by scrapping free educations at secondary school and university levels. Introduce part levies for secondary schools and full tuition for the universities. For their various universities, they can introduce subsidy for in-state students to lessen the burden on their various electorate and tax payers. They can also introduce subsidy for children of civil servants.

Any state government not able to pay should throw-in the towel or even seek for merger with their neighbor states. That's what happens in private sector. Companies that goes bankrupt are taken over by other companies or get merged with others.
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by klimkid: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2018
Any Governor who is not ready to pay 30k must be impeached...
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by urose93(f): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2018
doctokwus:
Sentiments are over riding reality here.
The truth is that there will be grave repercussions for everyone if this 66% wage increase is implemented.
Its not feasible for now.
Let them start at 23-24k then in a few years time it should be reviewed and maybe adjusted again.
For a start minimum wage increase to 30k will likely see fuel price increased to N180 at least by whoever wins the next election because the goverment has to free money somewhere to get d new salary finance.Ditto,VAT and electricity cost would definitely go up.
Transport costs would skyrocket and other costs will increase correspondingly.
Sentiments should not override commonsense and economic logic.

The truth is you are not a public/civil servant. Don't be bad belly. wishing you well in your truck pushing business anyway
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by doctokwus: 10:22am On Nov 16, 2018
urose93:

The truth is you are not a public/civil servant. Don't be bad belly. wishing you well in your truck pushing business anyway
Yes,I am into truck pushing and struggling to make ends meet with the 50-200 I get paid per load.
But this truckpusher and even garbage pickers have got far more sense than you and I can bet anything u never entered the civil service by merit.
Its most likely you used your private parts to auction your way to the job and having wasted yourself,frustration has now set in,and u therefore see everyone as your enemy that doesn't want u to get as much money as quickly as u can,because your diminishing returns in your body can no longer fetch u as much money as it used to before.
Take heart,you can't cheat nature.I am not your enemy,neither is nature.U are just being hunted by the grave errors u made in life.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by urose93(f): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2018
[quote author=doctokwus post=73018289].
Yes,I am into truck pushing and struggling to make ends meet with the 50-200 I get paid per load.
But this truckpusher and even garbage pickers have got far more sense than you and I can bet anything u never entered the civil service by merit.
Its most likely you used your private parts to auction your way to the job and having wasted yourself,frustration has now set in,and u therefore see everyone as your enemy that doesn't want u to get as much money as quickly as u can,because your diminishing returns in your body can no longer fetch u as much money as it used to before.
Take heart,you can't cheat nature.I am not your enemy,neither is nature.U are just being hunted by the grave errors u made in life.[/quote/

Exactly what is expected from a truck pusher. Real men that made real money don't brag about their returns. Every other bullshit you typed in there doesn't worth my attention. YOU ARE JUST AN IDIOTIC AND A DIRTY TRUCK PUSHER. Kiss the truth.
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by enemyofprogress: 11:22am On Nov 16, 2018
Yankee101:
Are we still on this matter?
did we finish the matter before?
Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by waveman2: 11:36am On Nov 16, 2018
My friend it's $98 for 25 day *12 hours.see poverty.

obi4eze:
angry

Like someone said on this forum, Nigeria is really the Headquarters of hell on earth. Imagine that these governors are struggling to pay 30k per month which is even not up to $200.

Re: Minimum Wage: Many Govs Ready To Pay More Than N30,000 — NLC by mfm04622: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
Pavore9:

They can afford it, they are resisting because it will affect the funds they intend to misappropriate!

I can confidently tell you they can't even if they don't steal a Kobo! Especially when (not if) crude price come down. Last time crude price was low, some states don't get up to what they need to pay salary from Abuja! Kaduna was getting exactly their wage bill. That is a 66% increase in wage bill. Has our income increased by 66%? What is the productivity of workers?

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Plans Buni, Oyetola, Bello’s Removal From Caretaker Team, Eyes Interim Exco / APC Slams Obaseki, Says Nigeria Safe Under Tinubu / The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.