Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know (17643 Views)

Let Us Talk About Drones / Freight Drones Promise To Revolutionize The Way Heavy Goods Are Transported / Summary Of Application Of Drones In The Power Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by mubarak1996(m): 6:38am On Nov 16, 2018
Lately, drones have received tons of publicity and their usage has received a lot of speculations. Drones are better-known by variety of different names such as“Killer Drone” and “Attack Drone”. depending on their area and purpose of use, they’re usually also referred to as Spy or surveillance Drones. The very initial fact to be understood regarding drones is that their usage has some restrictions and a number of norms are to be followed by the user so as to ensure that it doesn’t violate any privacy rules and rights of a country or an individual. Drones are available in various sizes and below are a number of the Positive and negative effects of drones.

positive and negative effects of drones

Positives effects of drones

Low cost: Drones are relatively cheaper as compared to airplanes and unnecessary to say, the price of buying, fueling, maintaining as well as storing drones is far less as compared to helicopters and airplanes.

Equally lethal: the utilization of drones for lethal functions will cause a similar amount of destruction and chaos as caused by an airplane.

Low risk: Drones are definitely less risky to military hardware because these are relatively smaller than airplanes. Drones additionally fly at lower altitudes than airplanes.

Accuracy: Drones have more pinpoint accuracy even from very far distances. This helps in reducing unnecessary damage to infrastructure and civilians.

Drones are life-saving: With the utilization of drones, there’s no need for any military officer to be a part of the combat; thus it save lives as well.

Longer operational hours: Drones are capable of staying in operation for longer hours as compared to airplanes, that too without a human pilot. there’s no scope of fatigue and drone operators as well as pilots will simply hand off controls without affecting the operational downtime of the drone.

Effective for spying: With the assistance of drones, there has been a rise in surveillance and military intelligence.

Negative effects of drones

Drones have restricted abilities: Drones are unable to speak with civilians for enhanced information and detailed intelligence. Drones are unable to detect military base camps, surrendering military personnel and abandoned hardware. They also cannot go door to door.

Too simple to operate: Video games and drone warfare have too several similarities; thus creating the use of drones too simple and accessible for civilians.

Loss of civilian lives: usually drone combats lead to loss of innocent civilian lives and property.

Disrupts balance between work and private life: Drone operators and pilots usually realize it difficult to change conformably between their drone- combating professional lives as well as personal lives as a civilian. This becomes tougher once drone pilots have very little time off their jobs.

When drones are seized by enemies: It is very dangerous when one or two drones are seized by enemies.

Source - https://www.mouthytech.com/positive-and-negative-effects-of-drones/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Wizdray: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Alright..
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by phransix2: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Nigerian Military and even Nigerian Police is yet to tap into the advantages and effectiveness of Drones.

Second to comment To God be the Glory...

Brand New 50Kva CAT Diesel Generator for Sale at a give away price. Good for Hotels, Hospitals, Schools, Churches, Plaza's even country homes. Pls check my signature

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by psychologist(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
Those negative effects are nonsensical

34 Likes

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
When drones are seized by enemies: It is very dangerous when one or two drones are seized by enemies.

This reminds me of a cursed belligerent Nation that derives pleasure in violating & encroaching on the airspace of other sovereign states.

In December 2011, this belligerent Nation tried once more to encroach on Iran's airspace as she had always done only for her RQ-170 drone to be commandeered by the Iranians. grin

The Amerikan bastards - as usual, kept on denying the incident until footage of the drone sitting in the hanger was released by the Iranian media. grin

Iran then reverse-engineered the Amerikan RQ-170 drone and used it to mass-produce her SAEGHEH (Thunderbolt) drones which were recently used in pounding ISIS targets in the Syrian Euphrates Valley. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qGIHG6CBvw

Ever since that incident, the Amerikan bastards have been flying their drones very far away from the Iranian airspace. grin

A similar incident also occurred in Syria in January 2018. grin

The Amerikan bastards have been conducting "probing attacks" on the Russian Airbase In Syria just to test how effective Russia Air Defense systems are.

Syrian War Report – October 26, 2018: US Military Plane Operated UAVs That Attacked Russian Airbase In Syria

“A US Poseidon-8 reconnaissance plane operated 13 unmanned aerial vehicles that attacked Russia’s Hmeymim airbase in Syria on January 6, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Colonel General Alexander Fomin said at a plenary session of the Beijing Xiangshan Forum on security on October 25.

“Thirteen UAVs moved according to common combat battle deployment, operated by a single crew. During all this time the American Poseidon-8 reconnaissance plane patrolled the Mediterranean Sea area for eight hours,” Colonel General Alexander stated adding that when the UAVs faced Russian “electronic warfare screen, they moved away to some distance, received the corresponding orders and began to be operated out of space and receiving help in finding the so-called holes through which they started penetrating.”

Despite this, seven UAVs were downed, and control over six drones was gained through electronic warfare systems. grin

Source: https://southfront.org/syrian-war-report-october-26-2018-us-military-plane-operated-uavs-that-attacked-russian-airbase-in-syria/

Like I always say, "for countless billions of dollars, Amerika can only send her overrated army against illiterate savages armed with coconuts" grin cheesy grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by itzprezy(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2018
How many drones kukuma dey this mumu kwantiri

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by nony43(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2018
B
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Chuukwudi(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2018
Ok nice.
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by rapcy(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2018
True
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Aquariann: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2018
What kinda horseshit is this? And you even used a DJI Phantom camera drone when your report is about military drones?

Drones are unable to speak with civilians for enhanced information and detailed intelligence. Drones are unable to detect military base camps, surrendering military personnel and abandoned hardware. They also cannot go door to door

Actually, military drones can because they come equipped with powerful cameras and sat nav that allows operators view it's surrounding areas on large screens from the control room. The same thing a pilot would see flying a jet.

Too simple to operate: Video games and drone warfare have too several similarities; thus creating the use of drones too simple and accessible for civilians.

Yea right. We all fly planes in video games. But pilots undergo intense training in real life

Loss of civilian lives: usually drone combats lead to loss of innocent civilian lives and property.

Ogbeni, nothing like drone combat. What you have is drone strikes. And yes, Jet strikes do also affect innocent civilians in the vicinity during attacks

Disrupts balance between work and private life: Drone operators and pilots usually realize it difficult to change conformably between their drone- combating professional lives as well as personal lives as a civilian. This becomes tougher once drone pilots have very little time off their jobs.

Yea, Nigerian soldiers find it hard to know when they are in Sambisa or the streets of Lagos. Dangote truck drivers find it hard to drive smaller cars

When drones are seized by enemies: It is very dangerous when one or two drones are seized by enemies

Yea right, the drones will be flying at such low altitudes and speed that the enemy will just throw a net and catch from the air

7 Likes

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by djshevytee: 7:10am On Nov 16, 2018
Well done
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by AwesomeDuru(m): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2018
Your disadvantages are just pointless undecided

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2018
psychologist:
Those negative effects are nonsensical

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by EddieCAD(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
mubarak1996:
Lately, drones have received tons of publicity and their usage has received a lot of speculations. Drones are better-known by variety of different names such as“Killer Drone” and “Attack Drone”. depending on their area and purpose of use, they’re usually also referred to as Spy or surveillance Drones. The very initial fact to be understood regarding drones is that their usage has some restrictions and a number of norms are to be followed by the user so as to ensure that it doesn’t violate any privacy rules and rights of a country or an individual. Drones are available in various sizes and below are a number of the Positive and negative effects of drones.

positive and negative effects of drones

Positives effects of drones

Low cost: Drones are relatively cheaper as compared to airplanes and unnecessary to say, the price of buying, fueling, maintaining as well as storing drones is far less as compared to helicopters and airplanes.

Equally lethal: the utilization of drones for lethal functions will cause a similar amount of destruction and chaos as caused by an airplane.

Low risk: Drones are definitely less risky to military hardware because these are relatively smaller than airplanes. Drones additionally fly at lower altitudes than airplanes.

Accuracy: Drones have more pinpoint accuracy even from very far distances. This helps in reducing unnecessary damage to infrastructure and civilians.

Drones are life-saving: With the utilization of drones, there’s no need for any military officer to be a part of the combat; thus it save lives as well.

Longer operational hours: Drones are capable of staying in operation for longer hours as compared to airplanes, that too without a human pilot. there’s no scope of fatigue and drone operators as well as pilots will simply hand off controls without affecting the operational downtime of the drone.

Effective for spying: With the assistance of drones, there has been a rise in surveillance and military intelligence.

Negative effects of drones

Drones have restricted abilities: Drones are unable to speak with civilians for enhanced information and detailed intelligence. Drones are unable to detect military base camps, surrendering military personnel and abandoned hardware. They also cannot go door to door.

Source - https://www.mouthytech.com/positive-and-negative-effects-of-drones/

undecided
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by fnep2smooth(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
Nice research

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Yewandequeen(f): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
We will get there

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by davillian(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2018
OP
This is the kind of drone picture you should post not this ones used in pictures and videos.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by mcayomind: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2018
tell us you're talking for another country pls....... not Nigeria,

Here in 9ja, you only see drone in Nollywood film setting����

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by davillian(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Aquariann:
What kinda horseshit is this? And you even used a DJI Phantom camera drone when your report is about military drones?
I don help am post military drone pic lol

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by hundredrivas(m): 7:26am On Nov 16, 2018
This does not apply to nigeria at all we have not gotten to that level yet.For now every thing is hand work .
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by lonelydora: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2018
Omo, this drone scared the sh*t outta of a group of women from the village that attended a wedding at the HUB, Peter Odili Road in PHC.

I was the one pleading with them in Igbo they shouldn't run, that it's a just a video recording of the occasion.

They were saying how can a helicopter fly inside the house? Omo, i rushed to the toilet and released a massive laughter ehhh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Dhayor001(m): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2018
limit
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Rindo69: 7:35am On Nov 16, 2018
You should first differentiate between military and civilian drones.

Drones especially civilian drones have varied uses in today’s world and can when integrated into your usual workflow, has the ability to speed up tasks.

The technology is currently in Nigeria but due to our usual bureaucracy, the NCAA and ONSA cannot even come up with guideline regulating the activities of drone and have therefore banned them. Anyone flying them is doing so illegally

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by dionysus7: 7:35am On Nov 16, 2018
seriously man, blogging is not for everyone. Don't be fooled by anyone, there are other hustle out there and i seriously won't judge you if you start doing yahoo. Just leave this for people that can actually write.
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 16, 2018
davillian:
OP
This is the kind of drone picture you should post not this ones used in pictures and videos.
the guy is just a nitwit.

He's even talking about UAV drone very lazy blogger
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by mimimile93: 7:38am On Nov 16, 2018
Op ur negativity of drone is crap.

mcayomind:
tell us you're talking for another country pls....... not Nigeria,

Here in 9ja, you only see drone in Nollywood film setting����

I have a drone. There are many people in Nigeria who have drones..
Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by davillian(m): 7:39am On Nov 16, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
the guy is just a nitwit.

He's even talking about UAV drone very lazy blogger
He should read deep or face things he knows .

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know by UNRULY(m): 7:42am On Nov 16, 2018
But this is my concern. I graduated from the university of Benin last month! For the past few weeks I've been searching frantically for a gf as myself and my ex Benin girl broke up before we graduated.. But the problem is Evry girl i ask is in a relationship so me wah fi ask! Are guys dating 2/3 girls? Cos the last time Weh me check, girls are double the number of guys in this country. S'madi come fi me rescue please. n'badi should comman ban me for this, me only need some good pu-ssy I'm bored. And to imagine that I live just five minutes from unilag and me even have student hostels inna me hood makes it more deepressing

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Educational Advancement Centre Ibadan Produces Kerosene, Diesel, Alum From Waste / When Last Did You See A Butterfly / How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.