Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha (12640 Views)

Highlife Singer, Orlando Julius Dies At 79 / Pete Edochie Speaks On Enugu's Infrastructural Development / Phyno: Our Lives Threatened By Enugu Government Over EndSARS Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Babygiwa(f): 6:54am On Nov 16, 2018
Update on Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi's benevolence to family of the Enugu-born iconic highlife musician, Chief Mike Ejeagha, sequel to the governor's unscheduled visit to his residence in Abakpa Nike, Enugu, last Saturday, to ascertain how he was faring and how the state government can assist him:

* Chief Ejeagha’s daughter, Mrs. Elizabeth Ugwu, who shed tears of joy when Gov. Ugwuanyi offered her automatic employment in the state’s civil service to enable her take care of her father, despite that she surprised the governor by selflessly requesting him to FIRST give her husband a job, last night confirmed her husband, Hon. Ugwu has received his Letter of Appointment as an Executive Assistant (EA) to the Governor.

*The highly excited woman also confirmed that she attended an interview with the Enugu State Civil Service Commission on Thursday as part of the requirements for her immediate employment.

The governor has equally forwarded the legal documents sent to his office by Chief Ejeagha, regarding the legal battle he has with a music company over the copyright of his songs, to a team of lawyers to study and advise him on the best way to assist the lengandary folkorist enjoy his well deserved royalty for his songs, which is so dear to him.

More details as they unfold...

Truly, Enugu State is in the hands of God!#amokelouis

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=759909301019304&id=100010007227700

15 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by crossfm: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2018
This is encouraging.Enugu is indeed in the hands of God.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Anas97(f): 7:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Nyz one

1 Like

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by RedArrow: 7:05am On Nov 16, 2018
Good gesture

1 Like

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Inspectorsuga22(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
Nice one...

1 Like

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by phransix2: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2018
These are governors... More than half of the serving governors don't deserve a second chance. I don't blame them if the one at the top practising voodoo economy, economy only getting better on pages of newspapers and the effect is not felt on the masses, chief of blame game and yet feels he deserves second term.

God Pls take charge of 2019 this hardship is getting worse...

4 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by yomalex(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2018
wow

I'm not a fan of this but just say Amen.

As you proceed this day may the heavens be opened unto you, may doors that have been locked be open to you, may you find favour, that situation that has become so dire will end in praise. In Jesus name.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by lonelydora: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2018
Back in the days, whenever my mum thinks I'm blabbing when she's interrogating me....she will just say

"Akuko na Egwu Mike Ejeagha"

I grew up thinking it was a way of saying "Shout Up your mouth". Never knew it was someone's name.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by cooldipo(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2018
Fayemi pls organize Ekiti local music concert with each LG presenting the at least 2 local musician

Ekiti music is dying

1 Like

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by kerry57: 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
This man has so much message in his songs. What a great musician Enugu have in him. So unfortunate he has been forgotten for long, but baba God has finally picked his call. Igbo ga dinma.Ameen

27 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by overdrive(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2018
nice one Gburugburu.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Samirana360(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2018
people's governor...... doing d needful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 16, 2018
Babygiwa:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=759909301019304&id=100010007227700

Commendable

By the way, who is robbing him of his royalties?

PMAN and the rest could help out here, whenever they are back from their "courtesy calls" to wealthy politicians...

1 Like

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by kanayo76: 7:17am On Nov 16, 2018
Igbo women, always want their Husband to succeed. if na Yoruba woman, it is an opportunity to remary.�

10 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by chimreeks: 7:18am On Nov 16, 2018
Pa Mike Ejeagha,a true legend. Your music works are really a delight to my senses.Thumbs up,Gov. Ugwuanyi.

1 Like

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Sweetcollins: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2018
kanayo76:
Igbo women, always want their Husband to succeed. if na Yoruba woman, it is an opportunity to remary.�

Lol
See ur mouth
Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by RomanGreen: 7:20am On Nov 16, 2018
" Akuko Mike Ejeagha".....My mum will always exclaim....this man is a true legend, The daughter is a true reflection of the bible quotation that says " He who finds a wife finds a good thing" truly some women come with blessings into the life of their hubby.... wink wink wink

12 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Kenmatt(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2018
The Barrack Ugbene Ajima road which you have started, will get to its completion.

Truly Enugu state is in the hand of God

2 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Onlinealaba(m): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2018
Mike ejeagha the iconic maestro I grew up hearing my dad listening to his songs, I picked Interest too and its really lovely hearing it on a cool evening against the hustle and bustle of city life.. one love

check my siggy, get your electronics, SMART TVs,air conditioners and sound bars at affordable rate,payment on delivery, BUY4ME services available too with POD option.

1 Like

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Hotzone(m): 7:24am On Nov 16, 2018
Amidst his busy schedule
Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Pavore9: 7:25am On Nov 16, 2018
In that Abakpa Nike, even an unemployed man can comfortably address himself as Honourable! cheesy

The wife is truly unselfish!

2 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by autotrader014(m): 7:29am On Nov 16, 2018
Nice gesture
Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Kennedy94(m): 7:29am On Nov 16, 2018
social media is indeed very powerful..
Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Kenekingisback: 7:39am On Nov 16, 2018
Ambode should come to the aid of jobless Lagosians oh angry
Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 16, 2018
lonelydora:
Back in the days, whenever my mum thinks I'm blabbing when she's interrogating me....she will just say

"Akuko na Egwu Mike Ejeagha"

I grew up thinking it was a way of saying "Shout Up your mouth". Never knew it was someone's name.

Same here
l actually thought it was a phrase used when one is being ridiculed to stop telling fake tales

2 Likes

Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 16, 2018
Wow! Good.
"akuko Mike Ejeagha"
Re: Update On Enugu Government's Help For Highlife Musician, Mike Ejeagha by OdogwuMike(m): 7:45am On Nov 16, 2018
Commendable. Such a legend and senior citizen should and must be taken care of for his contribution to humanity through his legendary songs.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tonto Dike Smokes Indian Hemp. / You Must Prepare Make Way The Great Reset November 29th 2021 / Bob Manuel Udokwu Loses Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.