Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. (863 Views)

15 Pictures Only Programmers Can Understand And Relate With / Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. / Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by Kaylhey20: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2018
Good morning my fellow programmers, there is an issue I want you guys to reason with me most especially web developers.

I built a website for one guy early this year around February. After completing this website, I showed the guy and he said that he likes it. Then like a month after, this guy said he wants a total change of everything in the website. OK oo I did exactly as he wanted. After then, he calls me at least twice a week about one change and another. And will keep on complaining if I didn't do it quickly. It got to extent that I had to block his number because the nagging was too much.

And like after a month, he called me with another number and the disturbance continued. Presently, I am getting tired of this guy. Because I don't know how someone will be so confused that he will change the whole content of his website at least every month.

I need advise from experienced web developers on his to relate with this guy OR is this how client normally disturb web developers?. I am confused ooo....
Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by steveDpro: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2018
that is how they do oo, you are not alone.
Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by RealLordZeus(m): 10:07am On Nov 16, 2018
Bros! u are not alone but a quick tip that might help! start charging him for every modification. trust me, it works everytime
Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by ensodev(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2018
@RealLordZeus, you have said it all, just to add little.

The reason the guy is behaving like that is because you just pickup the job without solid agreement. Also because youve not experience this before.

Dont block him just be frank with him, and dont charge him little charge him exactly wort the modification worth, before you deliver to him make him agree to payment for further modification.

Send a typed agreement document let him sign it scan it and send it back to you.

I could sound complicated but until we start doing things rightly we wont stop getting this kind of response from clients.

Be calm with him and dont block him again a client that complain today might actually bring the best of job tomorow. BUT CHARGE HIM ! CHARGE !!!!. and he will stop or keep paying.

4 Likes

Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by emmyvet(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2018
ensodev:
@RealLordZeus, you have said it all, just to add little.

The reason the guy is behaving like that is because you just pickup the job without solid agreement. Also because youve not experience this before.

Dont block him just be frank with him, and dont charge him little charge him exactly wort the modification worth, before you deliver to him make him agree to payment for further modification.

Send a typed agreement document let him sign it scan it and send it back to you.

I could sound complicated but until we start doing things rightly we wont stop getting this kind of response from clients.

Be calm with him and dont block him again a client that complain today might actually bring the best of job tomorow. BUT CHARGE HIM ! CHARGE !!!!. and he will stop or keep paying.

Correct!

Kaylhey20:
Good morning my fellow programmers, there is an issue I want you guys to reason with me most especially web developers.

I built a website for one guy early this year around February. After completing this website, I showed the guy and he said that he likes it. Then like a month after, this guy said he wants a total change of everything in the website. OK oo I did exactly as he wanted. After then, he calls me at least twice a week about one change and another. And will keep on complaining if I didn't do it quickly. It got to extent that I had to block his number because the nagging was too much.

And like after a month, he called me with another number and the disturbance continued. Presently, I am getting tired of this guy. Because I don't know how someone will be so confused that he will change the whole content of his website at least every month.

I need advise from experienced web developers on his to relate with this guy OR is this how client normally disturb web developers?. I am confused ooo....

Try to document every discussion possible use email in stating the detailed modification and cost, don't run from him just let him know you can do it but he has to pay for modification.

1 Like

Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by talk2hb1(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2018
Coming Back to Tonguelash you grin
Re: Web Developers, I Need Advice On How To Relate With A Nagging Client. by Sibrah: 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2018
Charge him for you time and effort. Also let him know there are options he can use that will allow him make modification to contents by himself.

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Who Is Good In 3D Network Should Contact Me / Old Facebook Account For Sale / Become An Amazon Associate In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.