Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update (889 Views)

Woman Dies After Her Phone Exploded While She Was Sleeping (pictures) / Xiaomi Mocks Apple After Anouncing The Iphone 12 / Man Calls Out Google Maps For Nearly Causing Problem In His Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by Giftedhand92: 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2018
APPLE is investigating reports than an iPhone X has exploded, after one user claimed on Twitter that his smartphone heated up and started giving off smoke while he was updating its software.

This wouldn’t be the first time that an iPhone X has suffered overheating problems, and in concert with Apple’s recent admission that the smartphone’s touchscreen doesn’t work properly, they question the tech giant’s usually strong reputation for producing reliable hardware.

Pictures accompanying his tweet reveal a smashed and charred-looking iPhone X, while subsequent posts from Mohamad explain that the device “just started sparking off and smoking.”
In response to his tweet, Apple Support replied, “That’s definitely not expected behavior. DM us, so we can look into this with you.”

And in a follow-up tweet from yesterday, Rahel Mohamad revealed that he’d sent the phone to Apple for “further investigation,” since he wasn’t able to get appointment with one of the tech company’s stores until next week.
Mohamad’s account of what happened therefore hasn’t been confirmed yet, but it is consistent with recent iPhone X news.

See more:

https://zenithnaija.com/man-calls-out-apple-after-his-iphone-x-allegedly-exploded-during-software-update/

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by eTECTIV: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2018
Mayb d update was explosive lol

7 Likes

Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:46pm On Nov 16, 2018
tonguetongue
I thought apple fans say that apples quality hardware are second to none while they always tuant samsung phones for overheating, guess they now have a fair share of the heat!!
Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by meobizy(f): 3:31am On Nov 17, 2018
I honestly don't believe this. I also have to ask "does he live in Mars?".
Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by Gpik79: 4:14am On Nov 17, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
tonguetongue
I thought apple fans say that apples quality hardware are second to none while they always tuant samsung phones for overheating, guess they now have a fair share of the heat!!
I think Samsung Made the parts
Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by teewhydope(m): 5:48am On Nov 17, 2018
Gpik79:
well, it's better not to post what you aren't sure of...
Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by falcon01: 9:20am On Nov 17, 2018
Gpik79:

Samsung only made the OLED screen Which is not the problem here the problem Is from the board over heating due to a software update.
Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by falcon01: 9:21am On Nov 17, 2018
That's some bad ass name he got there "ROCKY" "MUHAMMAD ALI"

1 Like

Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by helium2: 10:08am On Nov 17, 2018
Hope say the thing burn the guy hand small

My Guy Christmas don be that ooh
Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by mytime24(f): 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Gone
Re: Man Calls Out Apple After His Iphone X Allegedly Exploded During Software Update by Gpik79: 12:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
teewhydope:

well, it's better not to post what you aren't sure of...
Samsung Made the OLED screen, I'm sure of that

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Unveils Foldable Mate X, To Launch Mid-2019 With 5G / Rooting. / How To Check Glo, Airtel, Etisalat And MTN Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.