Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Advice Needed (LG) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Advice Needed (LG) (1230 Views)

Advice Needed?: Which Phone Should I Buy With 90k ? / Please Textnow Advice Needed: Pls Help Out / Advice Needed PLEASE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed (LG) by ParkiaZerm(m): 9:43pm On Nov 16, 2018
I'm an LG fan i once have the lg g3 but it bootloop so i switched to tecno and now i am deciding to go back to lg g5 because the mtk tecno isn't satisfying me then i saw the g6 and i can up my game to get it but i read user opinions online saying the g5 is better in many aspects and I'm still thinking to get a galaxy S7 pls user's with experience i need your advice. Thanks pls help a bro
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by wizzy89(m): 12:01am On Nov 17, 2018
The G5 can never be better than d G6. I use a G6 & it's a cool phone. I have friends who use G5 & are complaining of heating & ba3 issues
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Rebornhombre: 12:15am On Nov 17, 2018
wizzy89:
The G5 can never be better than d G6. I use a G6 & it's a cool phone. I have friends who use G5 & are complaining of heating & ba3 issues

Encounter heating issue, the oreo update solve that, is a good phone, if you need one. I have forsale.
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Babalegba(m): 12:20am On Nov 17, 2018
Does anybody know if the g5 bootloops
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Stormyweather(m): 6:18am On Nov 17, 2018
Babalegba:
Does anybody know if the g5 bootloops
not really, maybe only 3% of the ones produced.
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by whisp3r(m): 6:50am On Nov 17, 2018
Run from LG phones.

There's a reason they're sold very cheap.

They've several issues to worry about:

Bootloop,
Screen burn,
Over heating,
Panel issues,
Lack of parts in the market
Etc.

Go for the Samsung

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed (LG) by kennykg(m): 7:31am On Nov 17, 2018
What about nexus p6?
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Lamijay(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2018
whisp3r:
Run from LG phones.

There's a reason they're sold very cheap.

They've several issues to worry about:

Bootloop,
Screen burn,
Over heating,
Panel issues,
Lack of parts in the market
Etc.

Go for the Samsung
Screen burn on a LCD display? You see screen burns on amoled, that's what Samsung has. LCDs don't burn, if it's an image retained, you can get it out easily.
Not all the LG variants suffer bootloop, just keep the working OS and you are good to go.
Overheating is based on the chip, so anyone using a Snapdragon chipset too can over heat. The G6 doesn't over heat, I've met an S7 edge that over heats and shuts down(exynos though)

The reason they are sold cheap is because we nigerians go after the names of products we are familiar with, not what a particular phone has. And that's why people go for parts too.

My suggestion, S7 edge will be more preferable, I've never used the normal S7 so I can't help you there. And my choice is based on the battery, every other aspect, the two phones match to an extent.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed (LG) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:49am On Nov 17, 2018
Go for g6 if u have d cash....g5 too is good...g5 is relatively cheap because it was hated in its time due to s7 nd edge everyone preferred d amoled screen and bigger battery on d s7 and edge...but I like d fact that g5's battery is removable

G5 g6 re free from boot loops... But due to d hates, there are little support (custom ROMs) for them....but d company is doing their best coz g5 received ota Oreo update 3-4 months ago....so maybe g6 will get pie

Overheating battery on g5 depends on what u leave running in d background.. D processor is really cool since it a quadcore on 14nm,u can watch videos on how to better its battery life,and someone even said it got more screen on time than his s7 and edge

I would also advice to go for s7 edge not s7 if u want a Samsung but I feel they re just overpriced ...but they have premium look, same as d g6 but not g5(held it ,it feels good too, but not as much as d s6 edge)

But as for me, g5 is bae
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:
Go for g6 if u have d cash....g5 too is good...g5 is relatively cheap because it was hated in its time due to s7 nd edge everyone preferred d amoled screen and bigger battery on d s7 and edge...but I like d fact that g5's battery is removable

G5 g6 re free from boot loops... But due to d hates, there are little support (custom ROMs) for them....but d company is doing their best coz g5 received ota Oreo update 3-4 months ago....so maybe g6 will get pie

Overheating battery on g5 depends on what u leave running in d background.. D processor is really cool since it a quadcore on 14nm,u can watch videos on how to better its battery life,and someone even said it got more screen on time than s7 and edge

I would also advice to go for s7 edge not s7 if u want a Samsung but I feel they re just overpriced ...but they have premium look, same as d g6 but not g5(held it ,it feels good too, but not as much as d s6 edge)

But as for me, g5 is bae

Before I forget ...g5 camera is a tad better than that of s7,if not same...but d dual and wide camera feature on g5 is insane

And d screen is good ,visible under Nigeria hot afternoon sun. (I tried it)
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Owodiran1(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2018
ParkiaZerm:
I'm an LG fan i once have the lg g3 but it bootloop so i switched to tecno and now i am deciding to go back to lg g5 because the mtk tecno isn't satisfying me then i saw the g6 and i can up my game to get it but i read user opinions online saying the g5 is better in many aspects and I'm still thinking to get a galaxy S7 pls user's with experience i need your advice. Thanks pls help a bro
Well apart from me having lg g7 open box for sale. Let me first advice before marketing. Bootlooping stopped from lg v20. Lg has taken care of that mess. So you can actually go for any lg product from 2017. In other new i have an open box lg 7 thinq for 180k perey and if it's s7 edge you want i have s7 edge with free wireless charger and brand new follow come fast charger 90k perey. 081 539 539 01

Re: Advice Needed (LG) by gambus007(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2018
I used to love lg phone but i don suufer for dia hand. Lg g6 should b a good phone i mostly purchased one 3 months ago but my heart is with Motorola since i left lg phones. i switched to Motorola phones(atleast i have used 4 moto) which worked well for me. You can try looking at Motorola Moto z2 play(4gb ram/64gb rom).lg g6 will definitely get android Pie that if you care about OS update which will be last of its upgrade(lg g6)or better look for pixel or a good phone with android 8.0 out of box. As per Moto(Lenovo) OS update is always later things for them ooo but Its very easy to unlock moto bootloader that if u like custom rom. All in all Lg g6 is better compare to lg g5 but g5 is cheaper.
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by ParkiaZerm(m): 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
Thanks for your response.
Any body.......
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by ParkiaZerm(m): 10:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lamijay:

Screen burn on a LCD display? You see screen burns on amoled, that's what Samsung has. LCDs don't burn, if it's an image retained, you can get it out easily.
Not all the LG variants suffer bootloop, just keep the working OS and you are good to go.
Overheating is based on the chip, so anyone using a Snapdragon chipset too can over heat. The G6 doesn't over heat, I've met an S7 edge that over heats and shuts down(exynos though)

The reason they are sold cheap is because we nigerians go after the names of products we are familiar with, not what a particular phone has. And that's why people go for parts too.

My suggestion, S7 edge will be more preferable, I've never used the normal S7 so I can't help you there. And my choice is based on the battery, every other aspect, the two phones match to an extent.
I like your response people are after name but considering camera it's likely that the g5 will do better than the g6&s7
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:32am On Nov 18, 2018
ParkiaZerm:

I like your response people are after name but considering camera it's likely that the g5 will do better than the g6&s7

Tad better than s7,, on par with g6
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Dtarmon(m): 2:52am On Nov 18, 2018
ParkiaZerm:

Considering you are still using a g3 in 2018 means you have a budget. Don't buy a g5 your gonna regret it , it's has lots of quality assurance issues. G6 is a descent but not great phone . For your budget since you are comparing S7 and G6 .Go for the G6. But if you have more money to spend . Start with the V35 it's a great phone.
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:01am On Nov 18, 2018
Dtarmon:

. Don't buy a g5 your gonna regret it , it's has lots of quality assurance issues.
Please explain
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by ParkiaZerm(m): 3:02am On Nov 18, 2018
OK will consider the g6 thanks but there are not a lot of custom roms for LG that's why I like Samsung better
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by ParkiaZerm(m): 3:03am On Nov 18, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

Please explain
Yes I don't know why he said so as I like that g5 but don't get to know it
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Dtarmon(m): 3:15am On Nov 18, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

Please explain

ParkiaZerm:

Yes I don't know why he said so as I like that g5 but don't get to know it

there lots of LG G5 with bootloop issues and board issues - phone just dies and doesn't come on , That's why I said QA issues , . LG fixed all that starting with the V20 in late 2016
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:26am On Nov 18, 2018
Dtarmon:

there lots of LG G5 with bootloop issues and board issues - phone just dies and doesn't come on , That's why I said QA issues , . LG fixed all that starting with the V20 in late 2016

Hmmmmmm...OK o
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Dtarmon(m): 3:36am On Nov 18, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

Hmmmmmm...OK o

I'm actually talking based on feedback from clients and reviews from other forums too. If the op wants the g5 he can go ahead . If the op is more interested in using the latest os. He should just buy a pixel / pixel 2 . The day I started using pixel , I stopped going the custom rom route. Pixel 1 is better that the two phones g5/G6 in performance/camera/ + bootloader is unlocked . You can install custom ROMs on stock Android grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed (LG) by ParkiaZerm(m): 3:44am On Nov 18, 2018
Dtarmon:

I'm actually talking based on feedback from clients and reviews from other forums too. If the op wants the g5 he can go ahead . If the op is more interested in using the latest os. He should just buy a pixel / pixel 2 . The day I started using pixel , I stopped going the custom rom route. Pixel 1 is better that the two phones g5/G6 in performance/camera/ + bootloader is unlocked . You can install custom ROMs on stock Android grin
Thanks bro I've got a brand new galaxy A5 2015 will check the specs and decide to save the London use wahala
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by dangoteinlaw: 7:14am On Nov 18, 2018
U already know the best you just want to look for what's not missing. Why not just buy Sammy and save yourself the stress of future issues...lg should just stick to TVs and sound systems abeg....
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dtarmon:

I know someone who have been using his g5 for more than 1 year ,that he bought as UK used nd no issue so far

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed (LG) by Dtarmon(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

I know someone who have been using his g5 for more than 1 year ,that he bought as UK used nd no issue so far

That was why I said QA- Quality Assurance issues - Meaning it didn't affect all the units produced but more than normal.
Re: Advice Needed (LG) by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Dtarmon:

That was why I said QA- Quality Assurance issues - Meaning it didn't affect all the units produced but more than normal.

Hmmmmm ..OK o

(1) (Reply)

Rain Gold Investment Site Is A Scam / How Can I Take My TV For Repair After Losing The Receipt. / SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.