Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:30 PM

Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders (25867 Views)

Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Nigerian Asylum Seeker ‘Spent 21 Years Sleeping On London Buses’ / Canada Warns Nigerian Asylum Seekers Crossing From US 'No Free Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by kingkuntaval: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
Naijawebmaster:
Everybody is running. Who will na fix the country?

I go fix am, i dey come make i reach France first..
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by djon78(m): 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
People just running away to a land where the people developed there land. Black man no want work but him want enjoy..

The same way thousands are holed up in Libya via Sahara desert, many also lose there life on the Mediterranean sea.

It is very despicable
Still those in government have totally made life miserable for the common man. They should continue, but they must realise that they the rulers will never go unpunished either in this life or the one to come. They will never escape it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by ekanDamie: 3:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Why are Nigerians so desperate to go to Canada? Do they pick dollars on trees there?
Trust me, they do.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by ekanDamie: 3:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
Nigerians will bastardize any opportunity and ruin it completely

3 Likes

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Bawss1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
ekanDamie:

Trust me, they do.

No they don't. It's talk like this that misleads people into thinking they should do just about anything to relocate.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Bawss1(m): 3:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
OfficialAPCNGR:
It's good to hear that they took 29.3% of them. Really encouraging.
Because back at home the unemployment rate has not reduced at all even if by 29.3% ...so Canada passed!!

They were most likely accepted because they claimed to be gay and were suffering persecution in Nigeria. Now knowing Nigerians, I'm willing to bet my breakfast that a sizable number of those accepted lied about their sexual orientation.

Not good.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by AkhereOkaka(m): 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
I feel sorry for them. The next few years is gonna be rough.

Would they come back to Nigeria(jobless) or move back to US(without papers)?

People should plan their lives very well as early as possible. Living abroad illegally is difficult especially when you have dependents.

You're right bro, that's what most people fail to understand, migration is good but migrating illegally is bad. The stress of regularising your stay is cumbersome even at that pressure keep coming from home(Naija) as if we pick euro or Dollars from the street.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by teamwilly(m): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Why are Nigerians so desperate to go to Canada? Do they pick dollars on trees there?

Yeah infact it rains and snows dollars in Canada. Last I heard their animals poop guap.
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by planetx: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
ekanDamie:

Trust me, they do.
They dont, tell us how they do.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by OfficialAPCNGR: 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
Bawss1:

They were most likely accepted because they claimed to be gay and were suffering persecution in Nigeria. Now knowing Nigerians, I'm willing to bet my breakfast that a sizable number of those accepted lied about their sexual orientation.

Not good.
Not bad.
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Ugosample(m): 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2018
yjgm:
Good one. We are in this together. Let's salvage our country. We have no other country than Nigeria

nothing to salvage in Nigeria

With millions of youths still clamouring for Buhari for second term? cheesy grin

is that a country that can be salvaged
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Ugosample(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
And I am sure some of them are on nairaland praising buhari and talking about how Nigeria is the best thing since sliced bread. cheesy cheesy

no mind them cheesy
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by batstan(m): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
majekdom2:
grin If the “Giants” of Africa are seeking asylum, isn’t Africa in great trouble ..
Say it loud!
grin
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by LadyHeaven(f): 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
Nigerians can sha overdo and spoil things, refugee, asylum? For gender mutilation? & you had the cash to travel to far away Canada? Not even for LGBT bias that one can even fly, now those seeking genuine pr or school visa will hear wee.n

2 Likes

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by ekanDamie: 4:21pm On Nov 17, 2018
Bawss1:

No they don't. It's talk like this that misleads people into thinking they should do just about anything to relocate.
Lol. @Planetx. When I say they do, I don't mean naturally. But its as good as picking money on the tree. 24hrs electricity, free/subsidized high standard of education for your kids. Govt even pays u about 200k monthly for your child's upkeep if u apply, subsidized housing, minimum wage is 11CAD/hr 1Cad is about 260. The lowest job earn u above 400k every month. If you a professional u can rake home 1M every month.
Pls tell me how else u want money to grow on trees. That's y whites can go and watch a dog shitting competition. They are well fed.
Its those over here that go thru asylum n refugee that I am against but if you go there and u have an education or u can work round d clock without education. In 1 year u would be better of than a bank manager with all the MSC over here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by RedAlert08(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
[quote author=Kirinwa post=73054506]So after voting for Buhari, they want to abandon ship now. So that who will suffer it?

No, we are all in this together. Bundle them back, no one is going anywhere.[/quote
����� You cracked me up there bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by optimusprime2(m): 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
It has begun...
*grabs popcorn*
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Focusmind: 5:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
Nigerians, very desperate set of people. Always bastardizing opportunities. I blame the Canadian prime minister that said that refugees are welcome and is even paying them 650 dollars pay month for each child.

Some that were lucky to enter start making babies immediately to increase their allowance from government.

1 Like

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Bawss1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
ekanDamie:

Lol. @Planetx. When I say they do, I don't mean naturally. But its as good as picking money on the tree. 24hrs electricity, free/subsidized high standard of education for your kids. Govt even pays u about 200k monthly for your child's upkeep if u apply, subsidized housing, minimum wage is 11CAD/hr 1Cad is about 260. The lowest job earn u above 400k every month. If you a professional u can rake home 1M every month.
Pls tell me how else u want money to grow on trees. That's y whites can go and watch a dog shitting competition. They are well fed.
Its those over here that go thru asylum n refugee that I am against but if you go there and u have an education or u can work round d clock without education. In 1 year u would be better of than a bank manager with all the MSC over here.

I understand what you are talking about however I have to correct certain inaccuracies because they'll still lead people to making the wrong decisions.

Canada does indeed offer a better quality of life than Nigeria no question but anybody who thinks they can come here and be given free money must a dreamer.

Some Nigerians are quick to brag to their friends or family back home about the welfare benefits they receive and they give the impression that its given out freely like candy. Things like tax returns are not free money, its a portion of one's taxes that was earned the previous year. Child benefits and the rest are funded by tax payers. The point here is that welfare is not free, and there are certain criteria one must meet to be eligible for it. A life under welfare is not one to be celebrated as you would think.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Antichristus: 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
latsy:
Why are they running?

=> DECAYED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM
=> LACK OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES
=> STRESS WHICH MAKES 40 YEAR OLDS LOOK LIKE 70 YEAR OLDS
=> LOWER LIFE EXPECTANCY
=> HOSTILE INVESTMENT ENVIRONMENT
=> ROBBERY
=> BOKO HARAM
=> HIRED KILLINGS
=> RITUAL KILLINGS
=> POLITICAL KILLINGS
=> DECAYED SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC INFRASTRUCTURES
=> NEPOTISM
=> RELIGIOUS SCAMMERS, CHAMPIONED BY DADDY G.O. ABEBOYLE
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by SachaBastien(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2018
The unnamed Nigerian woman was denied asylum even though she claimed she fled Nigeria to escape the practice of female genital mutilation. The court ruled that she could have sought refuge away from her rural family home in any of Nigeria's large cities of Ibadan or Port Harcourt, and not necessarily run all the way to Canada.
This woman was busted. She needs to upgrade her Nigerian scam mind.
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by ekanDamie: 5:58pm On Nov 17, 2018
Bawss1:

I understand what you are talking about however I have to correct certain inaccuracies because they'll still lead people to making the wrong decisions.

Canada does indeed offer a better quality of life than Nigeria no question but anybody who thinks they can come here and be given free money must a dreamer.

Some Nigerians are quick to brag to their friends or family back home about the welfare benefits they receive and they give the impression that its given out freely like candy. Things like tax returns are not free money, its a portion of one's taxes that was earned the previous year. Child benefits and the rest are funded by tax payers. The point here is that welfare is not free, and there are certain criteria one must meet to be eligible for it. A life under welfare is not one to be celebrated as you would think.
Nothing comes easy, yes u have to meet a criteria . but wouldn't u brag about a country where wen u meet the criteria u get what u worked n labored for? Without having to bribe your way?
And when u say a life of welfare is not to be celebrates because its tax payers money, then what needs to be celebrated, a life where tax payers money are used to barb politicians hair for 1M or just a few greedy people eat what millions should b entitled to.
There is no perfect country, but then those running should run they should just rum the right n legal way out of here brov.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by jclassiq(m): 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:

well do you want to be here all your life??
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by iaatmguy(m): 6:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
salford1:

Election is less than a year and the citizens are not happy with the way the liberal has handled the crisis; hence, they will be speeding up deportation to save face and prevent them from onslaught in the next election.
i doubt they would survive the onslaught. the refugee crisis is a total disaster, which has even pitched some folks against each other. "True doe" will not be forgotten in a long while.
and i trust the conservatives to deport even more when they win.
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Bawss1(m): 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2018
ekanDamie:

Nothing comes easy, yes u have to meet a criteria . but wouldn't u brag about a country where wen u meet the criteria u get what u worked n labored for? Without having to bribe your way?
And when u say a life of welfare is not to be celebrates because its tax payers money, then what needs to be celebrated, a life where tax payers money are used to barb politicians hair for 1M or just a few greedy people eat what millions should b entitled to.
There is no perfect country, but then those running should run they should just rum the right n legal way out of here brov.

Again, I understand your flow. When I say a life under welfare should not be celebrated I mean and refer to those who are quick to announce to others how much they receive in government assistance especially when you take into consideration that if they put in the necessary effort they can achieve an even greater standard of living for themselves. Welfare is a good safety net to have but it is those who are living such that they require no government assistance that should be celebrated.

I understand that it is the hard life that many Nigerians face that makes it look like welfare is some Eldorado level ish. Some people will hear that Canadians receive child benefits allowance or some other welfare and form the wrong ideas. They'll want to get in on the "goodies", want to live the good life without seeing the other part of the picture which is that they'll have to put in the work. And to get in many will see nothing wrong in illegal border crossings or making up lies just to enter Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by OyinbowithaTan(m): 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
latsy:
Why are they running?
Probably because the time remaining on the USA non immigrant visa is soon to expire, so go to Canada and see if they let them stay for good.
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by ekanDamie: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2018
Bawss1:

Again, I understand your flow. When I say a life under welfare should not be celebrated I mean and refer to those who are quick to announce to others how much they receive in government assistance especially when you take into consideration that if they put in the necessary effort they can achieve an even greater standard of living for themselves. Welfare is a good safety net to have but it is those who are living such that they require no government assistance that should be celebrated.

I understand that it is the hard life that many Nigerians face that makes it look like welfare is some Eldorado level ish. Some people will hear that Canadians receive child benefits allowance or some other welfare and form the wrong ideas. They'll want to get in on the "goodies", want to live the good life without seeing the other part of the picture which is that they'll have to put in the work. And to get in many will see nothing wrong in illegal border crossings or making up lies just to enter Canada.
Any one dat does not want to work does not deserve anything.
Bro, me I want to work o, and I want benefits too.
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by novelbuks(m): 7:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
SingleWahala:
grin grin grin...... VERYYYYYY GOOOOOOOD grin grin grin Make dem come back cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bad belle
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by SingleWahala(f): 7:31pm On Nov 17, 2018
novelbuks:

Bad belle
..... E Pain you ni undecided undecided undecided
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Yankee101: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2018
OfficialAPCNGR:
It's good to hear that they took 29.3% of them. Really encouraging.
Because back at home the unemployment rate has not reduced at all even if by 29.3% ...so Canada passed!!

Lol. Crazy guy
Re: Canada Rejects 70.7% Of Nigerian Asylum Seekers Who Crossed Borders by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
No..but the standard of living is 1 billion times better than Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

14-Year-Old JSS1 Student Crushed To Death By Truck In Ibadan. Graphic Photos / Foreign Airlines Reject Kaduna Airport / Woman Narrates How A Kind Uber Driver Saved Her And Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.