Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) (8246 Views)

Is It Safe For Drinking? / Shehu Sani: If Kano Is Not Safe, No State Is Safe / FG Sets Quality Standard For Drinking Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2018
Chai, I feel like vomiting all the so called pure water I have been drinking cry. I performed a water analysis using pH test reagent. Checkout the result below. NAFDAC should come to our rescue o.

Sachet (pure) water - 5.0 (acidic)
Borehole water - 7.0 (neutral)
Boiled and filtered - 8.5 (alkaline)

WE SHOULD ALWAYS BOIL OUR WATER NO MATTER IT'S SOURCE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 10:05am On Nov 17, 2018
These remaining bags of water, na to boil and filter before drinking lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Kharol1234: 10:07am On Nov 17, 2018
Lol
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by benzene00: 10:11am On Nov 17, 2018
I don't understand

So because you tested a sachet of purewater made at the backyard of your village, you concluded that every sachet of purewater is the same

I can see you have already taken too much of the polluted sachet water

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Eberechi24(f): 10:13am On Nov 17, 2018
Nothing is safe in Nigeria, We Survive by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by obaataaokpaewu: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2018
Did you carry out the test on all the sachet water in the country?

8 Likes

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Good question

1 Like

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2018
As for me and my household, we can choose to drink urine and nothing will happen. If you dey check everything wey we dey chop, na you go tire

3 Likes

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
No but the one I tested has Nafdac Number. You can test yours and post to help the matter..

7 Likes

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Thegamingorca(m): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2018
farano:
No but the one I tested has Nafdac Number. You can test yours and post to help the matter..

Farano this your pic go well oh smiley

3 Likes

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:35am On Nov 17, 2018
Something that is saving Nigerians since 19bc
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by psucc(m): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2018
Op, you are just generalizing. All depends on the source of water you use in the test. Like the borehole stuff, if you are testing using those from Lagos, in fact, acid level suppose to exceed 100 (if all the pH level get to that or you simply extend it, sha!)

The stream in my village remains the best to any other source of water.
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 11:00am On Nov 17, 2018
benzene00:
I don't understand

So because you tested a sachet of purewater made at the backyard of your village, you concluded that every sachet of purewater is the same

I can see you have already taken too much of the polluted sachet water
Test yours too Sir.. Ignorance kills faster than disease.
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Farano this your pic go well oh smiley
*smiles* thanks..
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Lastpharoah33: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
Medicine after death...
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Uglymugg: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
farano:

What's the name of the water company?
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by amheadbashir(m): 11:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
God help us
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by RuuDie(m): 2:14am On Nov 18, 2018
farano:
Chai, I feel like vomiting all the so called pure water I have been drinking cry. I performed a water analysis using pH test reagent. Checkout the result below. NAFDAC should come to our rescue o.

Good job!
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by knowhowk: 3:50am On Nov 18, 2018
farano:

. Which one out of the 3 is Advisable for Drinking ?
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by omicpet(m): 6:21am On Nov 18, 2018
First to begin with op's analysis is totally wrong.
pH which is the measurement of oH(-) and H(+) ions in a liquid from (ranges from 1-14 ) is dependent on source and chemical components of the liqud in question .

Now as for water , water sourced via drill means (borehole) pH is determined by constituents of the soil (land factors ) , level of drill , aquiver attained and need not I mention other things.

Back to the issue of sachet water . Water producing companies have a variety of wter treament procedures . For some it's the coagulation , use of bed filters ,resin treatemnt and use of chemicals such as in sodium hydroxide , calcium carbonate etc in boosting the pH of the acidic sourced water . Some other Fe companies take it a step further by using reverse osmosis systems.

Mind you know the general accepted pH range of drinakble water is 5.5-8.2. and your best bet to a raw sourced water of pH for 6-7 are uncontaminated streams. Your rain water which was the best source of water is currently acidic(greenhouse effect and carbon monoxide relasesd into the air(air pollution ).

You should also know pH is probably the least of your worries , ever considered the microbia count (unseen living organism ) of the water you are drinking ?

And then comes what you term the taste ( resultant effect of the TDS (total disolvable solids ) present in the water like lead(pb) , calcium , magnesium , zinc etc .

Now do you know some produced sachet water have better sensory, chemical and biological composition than celebrated bottle water when due evaluation is carried out ?

Nice try putting to test what you where taught in class , the foundation has been laid . Learn to ask why, what and when ; 3 great W to never lack in knowledge and you'd be enlightened beyound your imagination .

Need not I forget boiling your water only slightly has an effect on pH due to oxidation . You should read more

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2018
knowhowk:
. Which one out of the 3 is Advisable for Drinking ?
boiled and filtered water
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Dygeasy(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2018
I hope you tested different brands of sachet water because it is a fact that they all do not have the same level of standard of production.

I used to have a neighbor who got into the sachet water business and for a year or two, they did not have a NAFDAC number and they sealed every sachet of water manually. The owner was arrested and locked up several times before they did the needful. There are a lot of other sachet water brands like this. I bet you will find a bottled water brand that will fail this your pH reagent test.

How about you test across brands and let us know a well-known brand that passed so we will buy that brand? Thank you.

Farano.

3 Likes

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2018
fuckingAyaya:
Something that is saving Nigerians since 19bc
*killing*
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Mordson: 8:52am On Nov 18, 2018
I stopped drinking sachet water a long time ago.
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Rextizzle(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2018
farano:
*killing*
Sweetheart
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by CaptainMitch: 10:41am On Nov 20, 2018
I have a thing for light skinned girls. kiss
farano:
*killing*

2 Likes

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Nobody: 12:02am On Nov 26, 2018
omicpet:
First to begin with op's analysis is totally wrong.
pH which is the measurement of oH(-) and H(+) ions in a liquid from (ranges from 1-14 ) is dependent on source and chemical components of the liqud in question .

Now as for water , water sourced via drill means (borehole) pH is determined by constituents of the soil (land factors ) , level of drill , aquiver attained and need not I mention other things.

Back to the issue of sachet water . Water producing companies have a variety of wter treament procedures . For some it's the coagulation , use of bed filters ,resin treatemnt and use of chemicals such as in sodium hydroxide , calcium carbonate etc in boosting the pH of the acidic sourced water . Some other Fe companies take it a step further by using reverse osmosis systems.

Mind you know the general accepted pH range of drinakble water is 5.5-8.2. and your best bet to a raw sourced water of pH for 6-7 are uncontaminated streams. Your rain water which was the best source of water is currently acidic(greenhouse effect and carbon monoxide relasesd into the air(air pollution ).

You should also know pH is probably the least of your worries , ever considered the microbia count (unseen living organism ) of the water you are drinking ?

And then comes what you term the taste ( resultant effect of the TDS (total disolvable solids ) present in the water like lead(pb) , calcium , magnesium , zinc etc .

Now do you know some produced sachet water have better sensory, chemical and biological composition than celebrated bottle water when due evaluation is carried out ?

Nice try putting to test what you where taught in class , the foundation has been laid . Learn to ask why, what and when ; 3 great W to never lack in knowledge and you'd be enlightened beyound your imagination .

Need not I forget boiling your water only slightly has an effect on pH due to oxidation . You should read more

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by boyejo123(m): 9:27am On Nov 26, 2018
That borehole water too is acidic, check well its range is 6.0
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Candyness(f): 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
farano:

Hiya.Noticed you are one of the MODS. How/from where do i remove someone following (stalking) me on nairaland?
Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by AfonjaDefender: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
Candyness:

Hiya.Noticed you are one of the MODS. How/from where do i remove someone following (stalking) me on nairaland?

Nobody is stalking u, just giving you a dose of your own bitter medicine, you're the stalker here, i hv bn teln pple 2go thru ur post to see how you stalk people from thread2thread, trolling dem unnecessary jst because you want attention, nw dt u hv undivided attention frm me, grin yur screaming murder 2d mods.u need 2c hw pple were begging dis gnat n pest 2leave dm alone, one blesskid don tnk me tire, dude even a dm to me jst to say tnks, becos she made his life miserable on NL all becos of her attention seeking, shud i start mentioning ur remaining emotional victims grin

U see hw it feels now!! To make matters worse, yur a scam, and a liar, using fake pishure to fool and scam people upandan.You tink say u sabi troll, I dey more sophisticated dan u, I never open thread for ur matter yet na, wey I go tag nd MT all ur victims and everybody wey fit drive traffic to the thread.

Till you change your trolling ways and fake pishure, there's no rest for the TROLL!!!

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by farano(f): 11:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
Candyness:

Nowhere. .

1 Like

Re: See Why Sachet (pure) Water Is Not Safe For Drinking (pictures) by Evidenx(m): 9:30am On Dec 18, 2018
farano Abacha.... even though say I dey follow u for nairaland but u can lie Oooo... how will u say nA u do this laboratory analysis ? I have seen this picture weeks ago Na now u come dey claim say na you do am. .. u are a lioness(lie lie girl)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original Aju Mbaise Herbs / See What Vitiligo Did To This Girl (same Sickness Micheal Jackson Had) / Suspension Of Industrial Action: NARD To Appeal Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.