Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,752 members, 7,802,307 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves (49092 Views)

Educate Me On How To Stop My Boxers From Smelling / 5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by n1ky(f): 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
adanny01:

The last one was

AC + AC = AA AC AC SS

Where did the SS come from?

If CC translates to SS the CS should be same.

There combination is wrong because my father is AC and my mum is As, so i am AC and my junior brother is SC sadly
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by LaExpert: 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2018
Dinho20:
SINCE AM AA, I WILL STILL MARRY AA TO MAINTAIN AA IN MY FAMILY.

Until you fall in love with a girl that's AS or SS.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by n1ky(f): 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
Unigrad:
AC and SC are rare haemoglobin genotype, they are abnormal genotype.
Walk into any of the hospitals, ask any of the medical personnel to educate you on it.

There is, I am AC, very rare, but the dangerous
part of it is that you can only collect blood from
AC which is very scarce and my junior brother is
SC sadly . My father is AC and my mum is As.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by eaddyboy: 4:03pm On Nov 17, 2018
RTSC:
For people with AS or SS, love must not be at first sight, if you don't want you and your children to suffer.

Your love must manifest after seeing the genotype and not before.

Funny but very true..My "AS" brother has to hear this!!
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Kiriakorode321(m): 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2018
There is nothing like" AC" in genetics
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by shuga10: 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2018
echepops:
Here is the list of all genotype combinations and the possible results. Please educate yourselves. Knowledge is power.

https://stephenechefu..com/2018/11/genotype-combinations-and-possible.html

can someone explain where AC came from
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by mysteryman2014: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
[quote author=StrongandMighty post=73054240]
How can u get SS when there is only one S? Common sense[/quit

Is there no CS genotype because I don't see that combination
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Stalwert: 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2018
gurunlocker:

Common sense? Really? Have you checked the post to see AC + AC giving SS?

What do you have to say to that?

There is actually SC so I don't know why he is rushing to insult someone
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by maasoap(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2018
contigiency:

Please what does that mean.
gameboyo:

Pls explain
Rhesus factor simply means you're either blood group O+ or O-, A+ or A-, B+ or B-, AB+ or AB-. The positive and negative signs are the main deal here. If you are carrying a positive rhesus and your wife is carrying a negative rhesus, there is high possibility of constant miscarriages most especially after the first birth/labour. Many couples are facing this but they don't know what they facing because they wouldn't go to the hospitals that have qualified doctors who will tell them what their problem is.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Epistasis(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2018
Kiriakorode321:
There is nothing like" AC" in genetics

Says who Mr Gregor Mendel, stop confusing people because you are wrong.

We should also understand that AC + AC will never produce SS. SC like AS is a carrier of the sickle cell gene, it can't be expressed.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Xfemt(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
Charmerbeautylooks:
Which one be AC kwa
na pple wan like aircondition ny get dat kind blood grin
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Slimsly100(f): 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:
This AC genotype seems to be a recent development. I'm not sure I heard of it in Primary and Secondary schools? Then we were only taught AA, AS and SS.

I nor come see AB for the list. Abi e nor dey exist again
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Damritoh(m): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:
This AC genotype seems to be a recent development. I'm not sure I heard of it in Primary and Secondary schools? Then we were only taught AA, AS and SS.

Nah l... It's Not A Recent Development Cos I've Been Aware Of Having AC As My Genotype Since Secondary School Days Around 7-8 Years Ago

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2018
dammyconcept:
Are you telling me that AS and AC can't get SS..... I don't bliv.....Doctor in the house , where are you ?
we are on strike
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Richardjcooper(m): 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
But AA+AA dey born AS.
My case exactly. Me and one of my sisters are AS. Our parents are AA. If we didn't resemble I'll suspect foul play somewhere. Picked my father's baldness and fingernails and my mom's looks and complexion. Doctor said these things happen sometimes but didn't give a definite explanation
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
Charmerbeautylooks:
Which one be AC kwa
na people wey dey die quick before dem reach age 15
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
Richardjcooper:

My case exactly. Me and one of my sisters are AS. Our parents are AA. If we didn't resemble I'll suspect foul play somewhere. Picked my father's baldness and fingernails and my mom's looks and complexion. Doctor said these things happen sometimes but didn't give a definite explanation
na lie, it's not possible, go ask mumsy wetin she do, I suspect fowl play

2 Likes

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by MhizGladys(f): 4:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
johnstar:
Al the gals i don meet na AS AS dm be

Nd me na AS

I gv up on marriage
*Smiles* Am AA
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by CheapDataGuy: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
But AA+AA dey born AS.
Ogar how?
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by nerd51(f): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Not entirely correct in terms of the arrangement.. i know two AS that got married and their first born was SS. So much suffering the poor guy is passing through

It's not about the arrangement
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
shuga10:
can someone explain where AC came from
it came from the marine kingdom
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
nerd51:

It's not about the arrangement
you look like SS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
CheapDataGuy:

Ogar how?
through away game
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2018
MhizGladys:

*Smiles* Am AA
and so fokn what? Your fiancée is SS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by georgeigbafen(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
contigiency:
Very enlightening. But I don't understand the one called AC.
Air conditioner
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
n1ky:

There is, I am AC, very rare, but the dangerous
part of it is that you can only collect blood from
AC which is very scarce and my junior brother is
SC sadly . My father is AC and my mum is As.
what a family
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
n1ky:

There combination is wrong because my father is AC and my mum is As, so i am AC and my junior brother is SC sadly
what a family
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Spectaclesawe25: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
feldido:
But don't rule out Rhesus Factor when considering marriage too
How Sir? Am a rhesus negative guy, You mean I can only marry a rhesus negative woman like me?
Can hardly find Rhesus negative girlfriends self.
Enlighten us if you have info abt this.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by femtex007(m): 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sure
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
StrongandMighty:

How can u get SS when there is only one S? Common sense
dammyconcept:
Are you telling me that AS and AC can't get SS..... I don't bliv.....Doctor in the house , where are you ?
But AC &AC will give SS without a single S. I don't understand.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Tallesty1(m): 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
CheapDataGuy:

Ogar how?
Richardjcooper:

It is possible but rare.

Somebody explained it here.....

There's a very slim chance that a new mutation can occur in an egg or sperm cell - or in a very early stage embryo - that changes a specific genotype like this.

The mutation wouldn't be present in the mother or father, but it would be present in a child that's conceived using the mutated egg or sperm cell, or in any embryo where the mutation occurs after conception.

This is called a de novo mutation. It's hard to pin down the overall rate of de novo mutation, but we do know that it's more likely to occur when the parents are older at the time of the child's conception.

One other possibility is that one of the parents is a genetic mosaic. This can happen when a de novo mutation occurs after a fertilized egg has already divided at least once; the person will have the mutation in some, but not all, of the cells of their body.

It can also occur when two non-identical twins fuse together very early in development.

If one of the parents is a mosaic, and their egg/sperm cells are produced by a genetically different part of their body to their blood cells (or whichever other cells were sampled to assess the parents' genotypes), then you might see this AA/AA/AS phenomenon. Apparently this is more common than was previously thought!

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-a-possibility-that-parents-of-genotype-AA-have-an-offspring-with-AS
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2018
dammyconcept:
My mom is AC and my dad is AS and my genotype is SS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bride-To-Be Dies 3 Hours To Her Wedding In Katsina (Photos) / I Tricked My Guy Into HIV Oral Test And This Is Now Happening / Young Lady, Adaeze Regina Okoh Commits Suicide; Family Alleges Murder (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.