Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,856 members, 7,806,420 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves (49114 Views)

Educate Me On How To Stop My Boxers From Smelling / 5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / "We Are Both AS Genotype And We Don't Consider Break-Up As An Option" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by black56(m): 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2018
StrongandMighty:

How can u get SS when there is only one S? Common sense
ogbeni our dna is beyond common sense
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by mechanics(m): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:
This AC genotype seems to be a recent development. I'm not sure I heard of it in Primary and Secondary schools? Then we were only taught AA, AS and SS.
You are right.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by abelee(m): 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2018
From the combinations, what is missing is if a C mutated gene meets with another C, it causes the offspring to have a CC. If an S mutated gene meets with a C gene, it produces SC. It is also instructive to note that carriers of the C gene have crises but it is not as severe as the S gene carriers.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Johnnyhardex(m): 7:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
Colourich:
ThankGod I'm AA, I dunno why I keep meeting AS guys, AA+AA will be very cool, though someone said it Will be selfish to marry AA when you are AA cheesy.

Yes..It is selfishness, marrying a AS man that you loved and cared about can help make our world a better place by eradicating incidence of sickle cell disease
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
Johnnyhardex:

Yes..It is selfishness, marrying a AS man that you loved and cared about can help make our world a better place by eradicating incidence of sickle cell disease
Funny enough, I have not dated an AA guy before, AS are always so cute and my spec.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by afunmmy: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
StrongandMighty:

How can u get SS when there is only one S? Common sense
no insult Pls. there is 75% possibility of having SS. The C is a +S and in some cases it can change depending on some conditions.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Almunjid(m): 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
dammyconcept:
Are you telling me that AS and AC can't get SS..... I don't bliv.....Doctor in the house , where are you ?
The following are types of genotype in humans that an offspring is likely to have based on different genotype combinations of parents.
AA + AA = AA, AA, AA, AA
AA + AS = AA, AS, AA, AS
AA + SS = AS, AS, AS, AS
AA + AC = AA, AA, AA, AC
AS + AS = AA, AS, AS, SS
AS + SS = AS, SS, SS, SS
AS + AC = AA, AC, AS, SS
SS + SS = SS, SS, SS, SS
AC + SS = AS, AS, SS, SS
AC + AC = AA, AC, AC, SS.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Ojima23(m): 8:00pm On Nov 17, 2018
Tomoyayi:

You funny Sha o,because God said He'll protect you does not mean you should go and stand in Front of a speeding truck.

grin grin grin that's what's up
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
paparazi1:
For me all results above are correct, except the ones with C like AC, am not really sure it exist

It exists. I was tested once as SC.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by nerd51(f): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
enemyofprogress:
you look like SS

And that's my problem not yours
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
nerd51:

And that's my problem not yours
and that doesn't change the fact that you look like SS tongue tongue
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by agbeloba1000: 8:38pm On Nov 17, 2018
CARRIERS S AND C are almost alike, a person with AS shares same fate with someone with AC. Therefore, AS should not get married to AC, one of their children will carry genotype SC, which is similar to SS.

An advice, once you carry AS or AC, AA is your possible and best match.
Thanks
I stand to be corrected
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by n1ky(f): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2018
enemyofprogress:
what a family

We thank God
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by n1ky(f): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2018
enemyofprogress:
what a family

We thank God
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by n1ky(f): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2018
enemyofprogress:
what a family

We thank God
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by enemyofprogress: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
n1ky:

We thank God
yes o
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by femi4: 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
dammyconcept:
Are you telling me that AS and AC can't get SS..... I don't bliv.....Doctor in the house , where are you ?
Not possible , possibilities are: AA,AC,AS and SC
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by agbeloba1000: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
paparazi1:
For me all results above are correct, except the ones with C like AC, am not really sure it exist

There is AC, someone close is a carrier. Shares same fate as AS. The thing is once you're AS or AC, your best and possibly match is solely AA to avoid child carrying SS OR SC
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by femi4: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
But AA+AA dey born AS.
Educated illiterate! That's not possible
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by agbeloba1000: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
paparazi1:

It exists man!
Someone close is a carrier, shares same fate as AS. the thing is once you're AS or AC, the best and possibly match for you is solely AA. Don't try to bring children to world who would be SS or SC.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 17, 2018
Tallesty1:
But AA+AA dey born AS.
That is offside goal. Ásk your wife who actually scored that goal. May be na Ahmed Musa grin
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
Almunjid:

The following are types of genotype in humans that an offspring is likely to have based on different genotype combinations of parents.
AA + AA = AA, AA, AA, AA
AA + AS = AA, AS, AA, AS
AA + SS = AS, AS, AS, AS
AA + AC = AA, AA, AA, AC
AS + AS = AA, AS, AS, SS
AS + SS = AS, SS, SS, SS
AS + AC = AA, AC, AS, SS
SS + SS = SS, SS, SS, SS
AC + SS = AS, AS, SS, SS
AC + AC = AA, AC, AC, SS.

Good! These are mere possibilities, except AA + AA. It is not as if you must just have the presented combination in every 4 offspring.
AS + AS could result to AS AS AS AS or AA AA AA AA or SS SS SS SS. After science, na God! However, you are better off with a partner being AA atleast

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by 12345baba(m): 9:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
Most laboratories genotype results are wrong to start with.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by tymicjay77: 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:
This AC genotype seems to be a recent development. I'm not sure I heard of it in Primary and Secondary schools? Then we were only taught AA, AS and SS.

shocked shocked shocked see dis block head oooo,u know sabi wetin AC means hahahahaha you need to go back to school(primary class)
Well AC means kiss kiss kiss Air condition ! Or Action Congress..... Olodo undecided
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by piroux(f): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
flyca:

Wrong!! It was just an unpopular genotype. Still is for that matter. My grandmother and Aunt are both AC.

1 Like

Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by braine(m): 9:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
leonard002:
I'm a lab scientist and the best line of action is to marry a compatible genotype. If you're AS and go ahead to marry AS all your kids could be SS as these are probabilities.

SS isn't a good thing at all... Pls don't ever try it. You need to see what these people face in the hospital

What about AC and AS?? All the babes I've met are either AS or AC. I'm AC.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by apharm(m): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Cool. but in real life, the outcomes are different. I have seen a couple who are AS, and had 4 children, only one was AS, the other three were SS.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by braine(m): 9:55pm On Nov 17, 2018
ogunsbanjul:
With God even if SS marries SS the children will surely be AA.

I pity you. God himself will wonder what you used your brain to do.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Tallesty1(m): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
femi4:
Educated illiterate! That's not possible
de novo mutation.

Google what that means and delete your comment before more people see it.
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Tallesty1(m): 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2018
Amitez:

That is offside goal. Ásk your wife who actually scored that goal. May be na Ahmed Musa grin
It's not offside sir
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Alcacer47: 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2018
bahaushe1:

It was a mistake, should be CC.
cc is genetically not possible...but SC does exist, I am AC so don't ask how I got to know
Re: Genotype Combinations And Possible Results. Educate Yourselves by Alcacer47: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2018
braine:

What about AC and AS?? All the babes I've met are either AS or AC. I'm AC.
.i am also Ac...keep trying until u get an AA babe cos SC is also synonymous to SS...I have a sis who is SC, though she doesn't fall sick like SS but when she does, it's far worse than that of SS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bride-To-Be Dies 3 Hours To Her Wedding In Katsina (Photos) / I Tricked My Guy Into HIV Oral Test And This Is Now Happening / Young Lady, Adaeze Regina Okoh Commits Suicide; Family Alleges Murder (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.