Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? (1858 Views)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Celebrate Mawlid Nabiyy / Enugu Muslims Celebrating New Mosque (Photos) / Birthday, Christmas And Mawlid Celebration In The Light Of Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 9:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
aadoiza:

Why so much bitterness, man? It was merely a rhetorical question. Many people, especially christians, on the day were wondering why would a bunch of Muslims be vigorously and continuously chanting a sheikh's name on a so-called prophet's birthday party. It was damn weird and confusing . You'd think Niyas was prophet's second name.

If you know the Hausas very well you'd know they—a number of'em—move around with daggers and they 'd strike with little or no provocation. We all know they can be overly and unnecessarily aggressive. And don't even think me a tribal bigot as I don't do tribalism. In fact I prefer praying in their Masaajid to anyone else's here in Lagos.
No bitterness here bro. I'm surprised you thought that way. Mawlid is a valid practice. Whoever goes against it needs to bring forward straight forward daleel that forbids it.

So whoever celebrate Mawlid should not condemn those who don't. Similarly whoever don't celebrate Mawlid should not condemn those who do. But we all can condemn whoever claims to be doing Mawlid but he's doing contrary to Islamic sharia. They'd still chant "niyas" on the two Elds but it won't invalidate their eld.

People commit sins on eld. They drink and fornicate but eld goes. So I wonder why you people only focus on silly things done in Mawlid while you ignore silly things done on Eld?.

Those Mawlid antagonists today only use charlatans from Mawlid celebrants to criticize Mawlid. This shows that they have no iklas. And those charlatans who claim to celebrate Mawlid but are doing contrary also do not have iklas.

There are Mawlid gatherings such as Oniwasagbaye, Sheikh Daud Alfa Nla among others that abide by sharia. Have you ever watched them?. But they won't look at that. They prefer to use charlatans to judge a practice. So again, if truly your rhetorical question was sincere, you should not have put question mark. Although rhetorical question may have question mark but it is rather left with full stop. It is better understood that way.

Anyways, I believe your were sincere. So no bickering.
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2018
The people of Bid'a would ardently find excuses from Sunnah to support their desire to celebrate mawlid!

Even when Allaah expressly told Shaytan to bow for Adam he also gave excuses!

See the evidences they brought forward? What else can you guys not add to the religion of Allaah?

There was no mention of Mawlid anywhere in the Qur'an or Sunnah Alhamdulillah!

You can send blessings on the Prophet any time, any day and Friday is more Sunnah to do that.

The reports that the Prophet was born on 12 Rabi al-Awwal is unreliable! It is more reliable that he died on this day!

https://www.nairaland.com/4744456/when-prophet-islaam-salallaahu-alayhi

THE DATE OF BIRTH OF BOTH MUHAMMAD AND JESUS ARE UNKNOWN. SO MUSLIMS WHO CELEBRATE MAWLID ARE IMITATING THE CHRISTIANS WHO CELEBRATE JESUS BASES ON UNRELIABLE REPORTS!

I remember one of our Ustadh at Asero, Abeokuta who once said he saw a IRK textbook mentioning three celebrations for Muslims, viz:

Eid al-Adha

Eid al-Fitr and

Eid Al-Mawlid

But

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, arrived in Medina during two days in which they were celebrating. The Prophet said, “What are these two days?” They said, “We would celebrate these two days in the time of ignorance.” The Prophet said, “Verily, Allah has replaced these two days with two better days: the day of sacrifices (eid al-adha) and the day of breaking fast (eid al-fitr).”

Source: Sunan Abu Dawud 1134

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Ibn Hajar.

Qur'an 59:7

And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.

Anas ibn Malik reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Some of my companions will come to me at my fountain until I recognize them. They will be taken away from me, then I will say: My companions! It will be said: You do not know what they innovated after you.”

Source: Sahih Bukhari 6211, Sahih Muslim 2304

Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
Awón alhunonsense tunde oooo

He said:

You can send blessings on the Prophet any time, any day and Friday is more Sunnah to do that.

Double standard people. See that?. We know that they even critisize gathering of muslims on ordinary days or any days. The moment they see Muslim gather to do dhikr they still call them "alhubidiah". We know this unless we wanna be hypocritical about this.

What's even funny is emphasizes placed on Friday while their alhunonsense preacher a k a sheikh salah of al-huda TV said there is nothing special about the day of jummah i:e Friday for Dua or dhikr while the Nabi (saw) said Friday is weekly eld. Confused set of people. If you don't want to celebrate eld, it is okay. It is not fard. But leave people alone and focus on your spiritual uplift. We only condemned those who do nonsense in the name of Mawlid. And Mawlid doesn't have to be done in congregation either. An individual may even do it in private. Don't forget that.

As usual I thought he wanted to bring evidence directly condemning Mawlid but unfortunately it is all rants with zero mustawaa.

It is interesting with some of the Saudi based publishers, as is their general practice, when printing the works of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah quite deliberately leave out certain things they themselves disagree with. Here’s a taste of some the stuff you won’t find in their versions:

To celebrate and to honour the birth of the Prophet (s) and to take it as an honoured season, as some of the people are doing, is good and in it there is a great reward, because of their good intentions in honouring the Prophet (s).” (“Majma’ Fatawi Ibn Taymiyya,”) Vol. 23, p. 163:

Since this statement of Ibn Taymiyyah doesn't go down with them, they simply hide it from their famous books.

1 Like

Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by aadoiza: 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
Empiree:
No bitterness here bro. I'm surprised you thought that way. Mawlid is a valid practice. Whoever goes against it needs to bring forward straight forward daleel that forbids it.

So whoever celebrate Mawlid should not condemn those who don't. Similarly whoever don't celebrate Mawlid should not condemn those who do. But we all can condemn whoever claims to be doing Mawlid but he's doing contrary to Islamic sharia. They'd still chant "niyas" on the two Elds but it won't invalidate their eld.

People commit sins on eld. They drink and fornicate but eld goes. So I wonder why you people only focus on silly things done in Mawlid while you ignore silly things done on Eld?.

Those Mawlid antagonists today only use charlatans from Mawlid celebrants to criticize Mawlid. This shows that they have no iklas. And those charlatans who claim to celebrate Mawlid but are doing contrary also do not have iklas.

There are Mawlid gatherings such as Oniwasagbaye, Sheikh Daud Alfa Nla among others that abide by sharia. Have you ever watched them?. But they won't look at that. They prefer to use charlatans to judge a practice. So again, if truly your rhetorical question was sincere, you should not have put question mark. Although rhetorical question may have question mark but it is rather left with full stop. It is better understood that way.

Anyways, I believe your were sincere. So no bickering.

I don't wanna go grammatical here, but i'd like to make it clear that rhetorical questions do— not may—end with question marks. That's by the way.

Perhaps I haven't said it here before, but I'm saying it now that I haven't got problems with people celebrating mawlid. I was just dumbfounded seeing a party of Muslims chanting their sheikh's name, as though their lives depended on it, when they were supposedly celebrating mawlid.

In fact, I've had to defend the pro mawlid a few times as I thought raising an obectiion against mawlid was petty and needless.
However, its antagonists say it is modelled after Christmas, which is even a contentious issue, and so I thought if that is true then i shouldn't keep putting up a defence in its favour as we're not allowed to copy either the nasarah or theJews. Although I don't criticise those wey dey do am because na them sabi. And I believe even if one were to be critical of mawlid, it should be done with utter moderation.

I, as a Muslim, will never relish the fact that we're, sometimes, divided by petty issues. It always bugs the hell outta me. And it's one of the reasons i seldom comment here in the Islam section.
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by talk2hb1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
@Empiree Jazakumllah khaira, you did justice to the topic at hand, considering the fact they try to distract you with questions of Niyas, Agege, dadada.
If left to me all these antagonist won't listen to your reasoning except if Allah wishes.
We celebrating The Mercy to all that exist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
aadoiza:

I don't wanna go grammatical here, but i'd like to make it clear that rhetorical questions do— not may—end with question marks. That's by the way.

Perhaps I haven't said it here before, but I'm saying it now that I haven't got problems with people celebrating mawlid. I was just dumbfounded seeing a party of Muslims chanting their sheikh's name, as though their lives depended on it, when they were supposedly celebrating mawlid.

In fact, I've had to defend the pro mawlid a few times as I thought raising an obectiion against mawlid was petty and needless.
However, its antagonists say it is modelled after Christmas, which is even a contentious issue, and so I thought if that is true then i shouldn't keep putting up a defence in its favour as we're not allowed to copy either the nasarah or theJews. Although I don't criticise those wey dey do am because na them sabi. And I believe even if one were to be critical of mawlid, it should be done with utter moderation.

I, as a Muslim, will never relish the fact that we're, sometimes, divided by petty issues. It always bugs the hell outta me. And it's one of the reasons i seldom comment here in the Islam section.

I am sorry that disagreement on small issues bother you just as much as it bothers me. We have some people who believe it is either their way or highway. They want all muslims to accept their manhaj only bcus according to them, their manhaj is the only correct way. Anyone who has contrary opinion or ideology is "alhubidia" according to them. I try not to engage them in most cases but when they feel like they have the right to throw insults at those men who gave them islam in African or nigeria especially, i can't keep quiet.

That aside. See bolded part, they always say this nonsense. They say birthday is Jews and christians thing and we should not copy them. They always have low aql (intellect). Birthday is about humanity not essentially religious one. Nabi clearly said in the hadith the reason he fasted on Mondays relate to his birthday. How's that copying Jews and christians?. They do not understand the hadith. The hadith simply means dont imitate Jews and christians by calling nabi(saw) God or son of God like those people do. Yet many of them put on suit and tie, shirt and trouser the way yahud and nasara dress, shoes made by Yahud and narasa. Highrise buildings started by jews and christians. Quran competetion by giving prices which is not allowed by sunnah but they see it as "good deeds" and they did not condemn this bcus it suits their narrative, and i dont have problem with it either. Are muslims not copying them in these instances?. Competition and giving prices is well done by yahood and nasara. Birthday has nothing to do with Jews and christian imitation bcus nabi already highlighted this in the hadith. If birthday is forbidden, he(saw) would not have said "it is the day i was born".

Another argument they put forward is, since nabi(saw) fasted on his birthday, why dont you do the same?. Fast is optional and there is no command by him(saw) that we should fast too on Mondays or the day he was born. Carefully read my post please. I said he(saw) did not command or order muslims to fast too. But it is his sunnah bcus it was his action. You can't tell if someone fast or not. Thats why some of the mawlid celebrants do their mawlid at night bcus they fast in the day. This is a very simple issue but they no gree. The only way they can refute mawlid is by bringing forward ayah that haram mawlid. Thats why i said, on issues that Quran and hadith are silent should never be a point of bickering. They should leave people alone. We condemn only people who are doing trash in the name of Mawlid. Every yr they wanna come up with criticisms when they can easily focus on something relevant elsewhere. And i tell those who celebrate mawlid too to mind their business.

Islamic knowledge is broad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by inagbe1: 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
[May Allah bless you abundantly my brother. The rate at which unnecessary dogmatism and 'zombieism have crept into islam is really saddening.These our so called salafi or ahlu sunnah brothers hardly preach Islam to non Muslims or condem evil in the society. They are most active when it comes to waging wars against fellow Muslims who don't agree with their own interpretations of things in the religion. The most annoying thing is that they usually lack knowledge and decorum, and they are bereft of methodologies of dahwa. They magnify things that are irrelevant and are always quoting from scholars who follow the Wahhabi school of thought. In fact they are a great fitnah to this generation because they drive people away from Islam and make Islam to be despised. May Allah increase us in knowledge. quote author=Empiree post=73328642]I am sorry that disagreement on small issues bother you just as much as it bothers me. We have some people who believe it is either their way or highway. They want all muslims to accept their manhaj only bcus according to them, their manhaj is the only correct way. Anyone who has contrary opinion or ideology is "alhubidia" according to them. I try not to engage them in most cases but when they feel like they have the right to throw insults at those men who gave them islam in African or nigeria especially, i can't keep quiet.

That aside. See bolded part, they always say this nonsense. They say birthday is Jews and christians thing and we should not copy them. They always have low aql (intellect). Birthday is about humanity not essentially religious one. Nabi clearly said in the hadith the reason he fasted on Mondays relating to his birthday. How's that copying Jews and christians?. They do not understand the hadith. The hadith simply means dont imitate Jews and christians by calling nabi(saw) God or son of God like those people do. Yet many of them put on suit and tie, shirt and trouser the way yahud and nasara dress, shoes made by Yahud and narasa. Highrise buildings started by jews and christians. Quran competetion by giving prices which is not allowed by sunnah but they see it as "good deeds" and they did not condemn this bcus it suits their narrative, and i dont have problem with it either. Are muslims not copying them in these instances?. Competition and giving prices is well done by yahood and nasara. Birthday has nothing to do with Jews and christian imitation bcus nabi already highlighted this in the hadith. If birthday is forbidden, he(saw) would not have said "it is the day i was born".

Another argument they put forward is, since nabi(saw) fasted on his birthday, why dont you do the same?. Fast is optional and there is no command by him(saw) that we should fast too on Mondays or the day he was born. Carefully read my post please. I said he(saw) did not command or order muslims to fast too. But it is his sunnah bcus it was his action. You can't tell if someone fast or not. Thats why some of the mawlid celebrants do their mawlid at night bcus they fast in the day. This is a very simple issue but they no gree. The only way they can refute mawlid is by bringing forward ayah that haram mawlid. Thats why i said, on issues that Quran and hadith are silent should never be a point of bickering. They should leave people alone. We condemn only people who are doing trash in the name of Mawlid. Every yr they wanna come up with criticisms when they can easily focus on something relevant elsewhere. And i tell those who celebrate mawlid too to mind their business.

Islamic knowledge is broad[/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by aadoiza: 1:08am On Nov 27, 2018
Empiree:
I am sorry that disagreement on small issues bother you just as much as it bothers me. We have some people who believe it is either their way or highway. They want all muslims to accept their manhaj only bcus according to them, their manhaj is the only correct way. Anyone who has contrary opinion or ideology is "alhubidia" according to them. I try not to engage them in most cases but when they feel like they have the right to throw insults at those men who gave them islam in African or nigeria especially, i can't keep quiet.

That aside. See bolded part, they always say this nonsense. They say birthday is Jews and christians thing and we should not copy them. They always have low aql (intellect). Birthday is about humanity not essentially religious one. Nabi clearly said in the hadith the reason he fasted on Mondays relating to his birthday. How's that copying Jews and christians?. They do not understand the hadith. The hadith simply means dont imitate Jews and christians by calling nabi(saw) God or son of God like those people do. Yet many of them put on suit and tie, shirt and trouser the way yahud and nasara dress, shoes made by Yahud and narasa. Highrise buildings started by jews and christians. Quran competetion by giving prices which is not allowed by sunnah but they see it as "good deeds" and they did not condemn this bcus it suits their narrative, and i dont have problem with it either. Are muslims not copying them in these instances?. Competition and giving prices is well done by yahood and nasara. Birthday has nothing to do with Jews and christian imitation bcus nabi already highlighted this in the hadith. If birthday is forbidden, he(saw) would not have said "it is the day i was born".

I like the way you presented your points. It's concise and enlightening. On the issue of some foisting their manhaj on others, I also find that terribly appalling for no one person, group, faction, or sect can lay claim to practising the true Islam that the holy prophet practised; it's all been tampered with. So what I do is I listen to all sermons, pray in any mosque, provided they preach and practise Islam as we know it. And I try my level best to incorporate the good they preach in my routines, and discard whatever they preach
that I'm not comfortable with or i could keep it mind till further clarification. Nevertheless, I reject any form of shirk outright

All I want is for us to find a common ground so we can practise the Deen in unison, in the true spirit of Islam as laid down for us by the best of mankind (SAW). Perhaps I want it this way because it's not in my element to segregate or discriminate. I don't know how to take sides. If two persons had an altercation, unless I was there from the beginning i'd never judge either of them right or wrong based on their differing accounts.

We Muslims coming together is just a dream, anyway. A dream of mine that will never come to pass. Which of my dreams don ever come to pass self? Abegii.

It's just that whenever I think of how the holy prophet (SAW) would feel about us my heart bleeds terribly.

I wish you guys could take it easy on castigating and takfeer one another; I hardly learn anything when you do that inspite of the wealth of knowledge you tend share, which, sadly, almost always get lost amidst the squabbling.
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by aadoiza: 1:17am On Nov 27, 2018
inagbe1:
[May Allah bless you abundantly my brother. The rate at which unnecessary dogmatism and 'zombieism have crept into islam is really saddening.These our so called salafi or ahlu sunnah brothers hardly preach Islam to non Muslims or condem evil in the society. They are most active when it comes to waging wars against fellow Muslims who don't agree with their own interpretations of things in the religion. The most annoying thing is that they usually lack knowledge and decorum, and they are bereft of methodologies of dahwa. They magnify things that are irrelevant and are always quoting from scholars who follow the Wahhabi school of thought. In fact they are a great fitnah to this generation because they drive people away from Islam and make Islam to be despised. May Allah increase us in knowledge. quote author=Empiree post=73328642]I am sorry that disagreement on small issues bother you just as much as it bothers me. We have some people who believe it is either their way or highway. They want all muslims to accept their manhaj only bcus according to them, their manhaj is the only correct way. Anyone who has contrary opinion or ideology is "alhubidia" according to them. I try not to engage them in most cases but when they feel like they have the right to throw insults at those men who gave them islam in African or nigeria especially, i can't keep quiet.

Take it easy, bro. This should be a platform for learning not one for disagreement.
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 2:47am On Nov 27, 2018
aadoiza:

I also find that terribly appalling for no one person, group, faction, or sect can lay claim to practising the true Islam that the holy prophet practised; it's all been tampered with.
See, what some don't seem to understand is that by the very definition of Shahadatain which means SOMETHING THAT YOU SEE. What you see is what is called Islam, period. If you believe in what you see and you practice them, you are muslim. That's primary and foundational aqeeda which every muslim must believe and practice. So question is, what do you see?.

To offer daily salat, Ramadan, zakat and hajj. These are minimum practical requirements which fall under antash-hadu anla ilaha ila Allah wa antash-hadu anna muhammad rosulLlah.

You notice that no muslim practice otherwise in any masajid you visit. These are what unify us. Go to any masjid and pray. You have no business with anything else they do. So the above is Islam. Period. It is not tampered with.

So what I do is I listen to all sermons, pray in any mosque, provided they preach and practise Islam as we know it. And I try my level best to incorporate the good they preach in my routines, and discard whatever they preach
That's it. Take what is good and leave what you don't want. This is what mufti menk preaches but our brothers here still critisize him. They said he's not Muslim enough. Check this out to confirm my point https://www.nairaland.com/4836741/wallahi-one-best-place-been

that I'm not comfortable with or i could keep it mind till further clarification. Nevertheless, I reject any form of shirk outright
yes, if you hear something you don't understand, a sincere student will ask questions openly or privately by not being disrespectful to imam etc. Yes, shirk just be rejected.

All I want is for us to find a common ground so we can practise the Deen in unison, in the true spirit of Islam as laid down for us by the best of mankind (SAW)
Common ground is exactly what I have mentioned above. Anything else like group dhik in the masjid, Mawlid etc if masjid committee don't like people to gather for Dua or dhikr in the masjid, they should keep these practices in private since masjid is open to the public. This is about peace. So if people are doing their dhikr, Mawlid, Dua etc in unison in their own home and a fella comes around to criticize them that Nabi (saw) didn't do this and that or sahaba didn't do this and that, that fella is agent of shaytan and should be dealt with.

Perhaps I want it this way because it's not in my element to segregate or discriminate. I don't know how to take sides. If two persons had an altercation, unless I was there from the beginning i'd never judge either of them right or wrong based on their differing accounts.
If you don't want segregation or discrimination, the first thing to do is that you stay out of sectarian differences. If you are out of it you will be able to see and critisize both sides. But if you are in a sect, it will be difficult for you to criticize your own sect if they do wrong. This is why I'm not into any sect. Yes, I share manhaj sufiyyah but I do not belong to any Sufi sect or group. I share manhaj Salafiya but I do not call myself Salafi or belong to their group either but I was there for 4 yrs yrs ago. This is why it is easy for me to criticize some Sufi or bogus Sufi and some Salafi. Just that, it is very common with Salafi brothers to condemn their fellow muslims just by noticing sect a Muslim belongs to.

We Muslims coming together is just a dream, anyway. A dream of mine that will never come to pass. Which of my dreams don ever come to pass self? Abegii.
it will happen eventually. Allah's Decree is what is at work right now. If you understand many sayings of the prophet (saw), this should not be surprising to you.

It's just that whenever I think of how the holy prophet (SAW) would feel about us my heart bleeds terribly.
Saad

I wish you guys could take it easy on castigating and takfeer one another; I hardly learn anything when you do that inspite of the wealth of knowledge you tend share, which, sadly, almost always get lost amidst the squabbling.
I don't takfr no one unfortunately. That's what they do best
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Demmzy15(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2018
Empiree:
[s] No bitterness here bro. I'm surprised you thought that way. Mawlid is a valid practice. Whoever goes against it needs to bring forward straight forward daleel that forbids it.

Anyways, I believe your were sincere. So no bickering.[/s]
Very laughable post I must say, you say "Mawlid that abide by Shariah", I seriously don't understand that assertion. Were you trying to say "Mawlid that abides by sunnah"? If that's the case, then there's no such as there's no evidence from the Shariah on how to celebrate Mawlid. Stop trying to justify your mis guidance please!
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
Demmzy15:

Very laughable post I must say, you say "Mawlid that abide by Shariah", I seriously don't understand that assertion. Were you trying to say "Mawlid that abides by sunnah"? If that's the case, then there's no such as there's no evidence from the Shariah on how to celebrate Mawlid. Stop trying to justify your mis guidance please!
Inna Lilah waina ilai rajiun. It's high time I stop talking to you people. Very simple thing you don't understand. Laduna.I was right. I'm absolutely not obligated to clarify further what is already clear in my post. I know you guys want no peace with your fellow muslims. It is clear
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2018
Empiree:
Awón alhunonsense tunde oooo

He said:

Double standard people. See that?. We know that they even critisize gathering of muslims on ordinary days or any days. The moment they see Muslim gather to do dhikr they still call them "alhubidiah". We know this unless we wanna be hypocritical about this.

What's even funny is emphasizes placed on Friday while their alhunonsense preacher a k a sheikh salah of al-huda TV said there is nothing special about the day of jummah i:e Friday for Dua or dhikr while the Nabi (saw) said Friday is weekly eld. Confused set of people. If you don't want to celebrate eld, it is okay. It is not fard. But leave people alone and focus on your spiritual uplift. We only condemned those who do nonsense in the name of Mawlid. And Mawlid doesn't have to be done in congregation either. An individual may even do it in private. Don't forget that.

As usual I thought he wanted to bring evidence directly condemning Mawlid but unfortunately it is all rants with zero mustawaa.

It is interesting with some of the Saudi based publishers, as is their general practice, when printing the works of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah quite deliberately leave out certain things they themselves disagree with. Here’s a taste of some the stuff you won’t find in their versions:

To celebrate and to honour the birth of the Prophet (s) and to take it as an honoured season, as some of the people are doing, is good and in it there is a great reward, because of their good intentions in honouring the Prophet (s).” (“Majma’ Fatawi Ibn Taymiyya,”) Vol. 23, p. 163:

Since this statement of Ibn Taymiyyah doesn't go down with them, they simply hide it from their famous books.

Sometimes you type as if you are a kid! You expect an evidence that specifically forbids Mawlid right? Even the smallest student knows every human is fallible and this does not exempt scholars! Scholars can make mistakes! And this your ascertion on Ibn Taymiyyah is more likely a big lie!

As for celebrating your Mawlid: you can also bring your evidences that specifically mentions Mawlid as an act of worship and the evidences that specifies how Mawlid is to be done!

As for what i said that it is more Sunnah to send blessings on Fridays! Here is the Evidence!

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

“Of your best days is Friday. On it Adam was created; and on it his (soul) was taken; and on it is the blowing (of the Trumpet); and on it is the Swoon. Therefore, increase in sending your Salat upon me, for your salat upon me are presented to me.” They said: “O Messenger of Allah! And how will our Salat upon you be presented to you after you have perished?” He replied: “Indeed, Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, has prohibited the earth from (destroying) the bodies of the Prophets.” [Narrated by Abu Dawud in his Sunan #1047, Ibn Khuzaimah #1733 and Ibn Hibban #910 in their respective Saheehs, and Hakim in Mustadrak 1/278 He said, It is authentic on the conditions of Bukhari and Zahabi agreed.]

Based on this Imam Shafe’e used to say, “I love to send plenty of salat upon the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) all the time and I love it more so on the day of Jumuah.” [Kitabul Umm 1/546]

Those are our Salafs and we are Salafys and Ahl-Sunnah...
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by aadoiza: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Empiree:
See, what some don't seem to understand is that by the very definition of Shahadatain which means SOMETHING THAT YOU SEE. What you see is what is called Islam, period. If you believe in what you see and you practice them, you are muslim. That's primary and foundational aqeeda which every muslim must believe and practice. So question is, what do you see?.

To offer daily salat, Ramadan, zakat and hajj. These are minimum practical requirements which fall under antash-hadu anla ilaha ila Allah wa antash-hadu anna muhammad rosulLlah.

You notice that no muslim practice otherwise in any masajid you visit. These are what unify us. Go to any masjid and pray. You have no business with anything else they do. So the above is Islam. Period. It is not tampered with.

That's it. Take what is good and leave what you don't want. This is what mufti menk preaches but our brothers here still critisize him. They said he's not Muslim enough. Check this out to confirm my point https://www.nairaland.com/4836741/wallahi-one-best-place-been

yes, if you hear something you don't understand, a sincere student will ask questions openly or privately by not being disrespectful to imam etc. Yes, shirk just be rejected.

Common ground is exactly what I have mentioned above. Anything else like group dhik in the masjid, Mawlid etc if masjid committee don't like people to gather for Dua or dhikr in the masjid, they should keep these practices in private since masjid is open to the public. This is about peace. So if people are doing their dhikr, Mawlid, Dua etc in unison in their own home and a fella comes around to criticize them that Nabi (saw) didn't do this and that or sahaba didn't do this and that, that fella is agent of shaytan and should be dealt with.

If you don't want segregation or discrimination, the first thing to do is that you stay out of sectarian differences. If you are out of it you will be able to see and critisize both sides. But if you are in a sect, it will be difficult for you to criticize your own sect if they do wrong. This is why I'm not into any sect. Yes, I share manhaj sufiyyah but I do not belong to any Sufi sect or group. I share manhaj Salafiya but I do not call myself Salafi or belong to their group either but I was there for 4 yrs yrs ago. This is why it is easy for me to criticize some Sufi or bogus Sufi and some Salafi. Just that, it is very common with Salafi brothers to condemn their fellow muslims just by noticing sect a Muslim belongs to.

it will happen eventually. Allah's Decree is what is at work right now. If you understand many sayings of the prophet (saw), this should not be surprising to you.

Saad

I don't takfr no one unfortunately. That's what they do best

If we truly believe that Islam is not just a religion but also a way of life, then you'd agree that we all are practising the adulterated form of it in one way or another. And yes, the core as you mentioned above has fairly remained the same. However, Islam encapsulates an awful lot more than five pillars.

Islam, as I see it today, is being run like international politics. The Saudis would rather take as enemies and bomb their fellow Muslims over ideological differences. Flexing their rotten muscles over their brothers, and go ahead to take as allies the unbelievers.

A salafiyah imam that I respect so much, till today, say those with Sufi creed would end up in janam, as in all of'em, to atone for their numerous sins. And on this, I vehemently and completely disagree with him. A whole bunch of Sufi guys say if you don't pray through a revered a sheikh, Allah will never answer your prayers. The Shia have taken as an obligation to curse the Sahaba they deem, to the best of their knowledge, unworthy. Did the prophet (SAW) teach us all these sentimentalities and more? I don't believe he taught all these nonsense, and if he (SAW) didn't, would ask these not have been a culmination of adulteration?
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 1:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
aadoiza:

If we truly believe that Islam is not just a religion but also a way of life, then you'd agree that we all are practising the adulterated form of it in one way or another. And yes, the core as you mentioned above has fairly remained the same. However, Islam encapsulates an awful lot more than five pillars.

Islam, as I see it today, is being run like international politics. The Saudis would rather take as enemies and bomb their fellow Muslims over ideological differences. Flexing their rotten muscles over their brothers, and go ahead to take as allies the unbelievers.

A salafiyah imam that I respect so much, till today, say those with Sufi creed would end up in janam, as in all of'em, to atone for their numerous sins. And on this, I vehemently and completely disagree with him. A whole bunch of Sufi guys say if you don't pray through a revered a sheikh, Allah will never answer your prayers. The Shia have taken as an obligation to curse the Sahaba they deem, to the best of their knowledge, unworthy. Did the prophet (SAW) teach us all these sentimentalities and more? I don't believe he taught all these nonsense, and if he (SAW) didn't, would ask these not have been a culmination of adulteration?

Yes, Islam is beyond 5 daily prayers, zakat, Ramadan, Hajj. There are nawafil activities. Nawafil are not just two Rakat salah. Naflat include all acts of worship and good deeds. They are used to cover holes in our defective obligatory practices.

I have talked to Shia about cursing sahaba. It is a shameful thing to do. Salafis are now doing the same to their fellow muslims. As for Sufi, the idea of praying to God through sheikh, I don't think I heard that. You probably mean tawasul. Tawasul was taught by the Qur'an and Sunnah but some people go too far.

Example of tawasul is buy saying "Ólóhún wo ola anobi" etc. This is allowed because we actually do this in prayers when we recite solati Ibrahimiya before taslim. Solati Ibrahimiya is tawasul. Nabi (saw) prayed to God by virtues of nabi ibrahim (as). So we can say "Ólóhún wo ola xyz sheikh if you believe the sheikh is pious but it is not mandatory. But to say prayer is not answered unless and until you mention name of sheik is rubbish.

One again, if you are confused, just stick to the basics which are 5 daily prayers, zakat ramadan, Hajj and do dhikr as much as you can. That's it. You don't need to involve with anyone after this. Knowledge goes up gradually as we go along. Iman also go up and down.

A man was in New York few yrs ago. He contacted sheikh Daud Alfa Nla in Nigeria that he's confused about Islam. Sheik's advise was that he should stick to only fard of Islam that I mentioned earlier and do nothing else except one dhikr which is he should keep chanting Allah every day and night and cry for guidance. The man did this for about a yr and Allah gave him hidaya. He called nija and informed the sheikh that he's contented with Islam.

The Salafi are gonna call this bidah. They gonna tell you that nabi, sahaba, tabin and tabin tabin didn't chant Allah Allah Allah repeatedly. If they say this to you, just ignore them. That's their level of understanding. Again, don't be confused. Just stick to the basics and you will be fine.
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Sometimes you type as if you are a kid! You expect an evidence that specifically forbids Mawlid right? Even the smallest student knows every human is fallible and this does not exempt scholars! Scholars can make mistakes! And this your ascertion on Ibn Taymiyyah is more likely a big lie!
big lie?. Onus is on you

As for celebrating your Mawlid: you can also bring your evidences that specifically mentions Mawlid as an act of worship and the evidences that specifies how Mawlid is to be done!
good. Maybe by now you can now understand. Sharia is the standard of judging act in Islam. Not your whims. Since you have no evidence condemning Mawlid, it means kitab and Sunnah are silent. What does shari'a teaches you about things that Quran is silent on?. Go back and read. Mawlid is not essentially act of worship. It falls under good deed just like annual Qur'an competition where they give prices. What's the issue with you people if muslims gather to send salawat on the prophet, narrate seera, narrate Islamic history, give food and everyone is happy?. So you need Hadith to teach you good deeds again when it is all clear from the books?. Again, the only way you can validly refute Mawlid is you bring evidence since you are all about evidence. I don't want to hear you just talk talk talk.

As for what i said that it is more Sunnah to send blessings on Fridays! Here is the Evidence!

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

“Of your best days is Friday. On it Adam was created; and on it his (soul) was taken; and on it is the blowing (of the Trumpet); and on it is the Swoon. Therefore, increase in sending your Salat upon me, for your salat upon me are presented to me.” They said: “O Messenger of Allah! And how will our Salat upon you be presented to you after you have perished?” He replied: “Indeed, Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, has prohibited the earth from (destroying) the bodies of the Prophets.” [Narrated by Abu Dawud in his Sunan #1047, Ibn Khuzaimah #1733 and Ibn Hibban #910 in their respective Saheehs, and Hakim in Mustadrak 1/278 He said, It is authentic on the conditions of Bukhari and Zahabi agreed.]
I know this. I knew you would quote this. It is Sufis that usually quote this hadith. But you don't understand what I meant earlier. When Sufi man quoted this Hadith to single out importance of Friday, one of your shuyukh said there is nothing special about Friday. To be fair, it was one of the audience that asked on al-huda TV and the sheikh downgraded it's importance just because the questioner mentioned that Sufi give importance to Friday. This side. What if Mawlid falls on Friday, would you still have objection?. You talk as if Mawlid falls on solar calendar which is static.

Based on this Imam Shafe’e used to say, “I love to send plenty of salat upon the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) all the time and I love it more so on the day of Jumuah.” [Kitabul Umm 1/546]
it is Sufi that still do this. When was the last time you people gather to do salawat on Friday for the prophet?. I have said before that your problem is "Sufi". That's what clouds your judgement and place hate in your heart for them. And now you would claim Salaf for yourself.

Those are our Salafs and we are Salafys and Ahl-Sunnah...
I said it. Now since you said those are the Salaf. When last did you see Salafi people do salawat as you mentioned above?. Who is now Salaf now?. Sufis or the Salafis?. I never seen Salafis people gather to make salawat on the prophet. Instead, you accused people who do this of bidiah.
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
Empiree:
big lie?. Onus is on you

In the name of Allaah, Indeed all praise is due to Him and peace and blessings be upon the best of mankind, our Prophet Muhammad – sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam.

Due to the lack of authentic evidences, the people of innovation use various methods in trying to justify their innovation. Amongst the methods used, is selectively transmitting sections of the speech of the people of knowledge. Recently, an image has been broadcast selectively quoting the words of Ibn Taymiyyah, challenging the “Wahabis” to “atleast [sic] listen to your leaders.”

Even more strange is that the Soofiyyah would seek to quote the words of Ibn Taymiyyah, whose opposition to them and their innovations is known.

Below is a translation of the words of Ibn Taymiyyah followed by points of benefit from his speech.

He said in his book: ‘Iqtidhaa as-Siraat al-Mustaqeem’ under the Chapter: ‘Innovated Festival Periods – Taking the birthday of the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) as an ‘Eid emulating the Christians in the Eid of the birthday of ‘Eesa (alayhi salaam)’:-

((What some of the people have innovated, either emulating the Christians in the birthday of ‘Eesa (alayhi salaam) or out of love for the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) and honouring him. Perhaps Allaah might reward them for this love and their striving to come to a decision, but not for the Bid’ah (innovation) of taking the day of the birth of the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) as an ‘Eid. Along with the difference between the people with regards to his birth, this (celebration) was not done by the early generations of pious scholars even though factors that would have necessitating [the Mawlid] were present and there was a lack of any factors that would prevent them from doing so if it had indeed been good.

If this [the Mawlid] was genuinely good or the correct opinion then the pious scholars of the early generations (may Allaah be pleased with them) would have been more entitled to it than us. They had greater love for the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) and were more honouring of him than us; they were more eager upon goodness.

Indeed, from the perfection of loving and honouring him is in following him, being obedient to him, following his command, reviving his Sunnah both in secrecy and open, spreading that which he was sent with, striving regarding that with one’s heart, hand and tongue. For indeed this is the path of the first of the early generations [who accepted his message] from the Muhaajiroon and the Ansaar, and those that followed them in goodness.

Most of them who you find eager upon such innovations (Bid’ah) despite their good intention and striving – for these two things reward is hoped (i.e. their good intention and striving) – however you find them weak in following the command of the Messenger (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) in that which they were commanded to be energetic and enthusiastic. They are like a person who adorns the Mus.haf (a copy of the Qur’an) yet does not read what is in it; or they are like somebody who reads [what is in the Qur’an] but never follows it; or somebody who adorns the Masjid yet does not pray in it or only prays a little in it; or like a person who takes extravagant prayer beads and mats. Such apparent adornments which have not been legislated and are accompanied with showing off, pride and being pre-occupied away from what is actually legislated – this all corrupts the state of the person who is like this.

Empiree:
good. Maybe by now you can now understand. Sharia is the standard of judging act in Islam. Not your whims. Since you have no evidence condemning Mawlid, it means kitab and Sunnah are silent. What does shari'a teaches you about things that Quran is silent on?. Go back and read. Mawlid is not essentially act of worship. It falls under good deed just like annual Qur'an competition where they give prices. What's the issue with you people if muslims gather to send salawat on the prophet, narrate seera, narrate Islamic history, give food and everyone is happy?. So you need Hadith to teach you good deeds again when it is all clear from the books?. Again, the only way you can validly refute Mawlid is you bring evidence since you are all about evidence. I don't want to hear you just talk talk talk.

Kitab and Sunnah are silent! But who legislated Mawlid for you? Allaah, Muhammad or the Sh'ia?

Moreover there are several evidences for Bid'ia in the deen!

Empiree:
I know this. I knew you would quote this. It is Sufis that usually quote this hadith. But you don't understand what I meant earlier. When Sufi man quoted this Hadith to single out importance of Friday, one of your shuyukh said there is nothing special about Friday. To be fair, it was one of the audience that asked on al-huda TV and the sheikh downgraded it's importance just because the questioner mentioned that Sufi give importance to Friday. This side. What if Mawlid falls on Friday, would you still have objection?. You talk as if Mawlid falls on solar calendar which is static.
it is Sufi that still do this. When was the last time you people gather to do salawat on Friday for the prophet?. I have said before that your problem is "Sufi". That's what clouds your judgement and place hate in your heart for them. And now you would claim Salaf for yourself.

Which Suffis dey quote Saheeh hadith? No be one of your oga at the top abused Bukhari, Albani and co! Where is the evidence that the Prophet was born on that day? And are we even to celebrate birthdays in the first place?

Empiree:
I said it. Now since you said those are the Salaf. When last did you see Salafi people do salawat as you mentioned above?. Who is now Salaf now?. Sufis or the Salafis?. I never seen Salafis people gather to make salawat on the prophet. Instead, you accused people who do this of bidiah.

Must people gather to say Salawat? Suffis are fond of innovations! And they are fond of involving Salafy Scholars in their crimes.
To you is your Bid'ia and to us is our deen!
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

In the name of Allaah, Indeed all praise is due to Him and peace and blessings be upon the best of mankind, our Prophet Muhammad – sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam.

Due to the lack of authentic evidences, the people of innovation use various methods in trying to justify their innovation. Amongst the methods used, is selectively transmitting sections of the speech of the people of knowledge. Recently, an image has been broadcast selectively quoting the words of Ibn Taymiyyah, challenging the “Wahabis” to “atleast [sic] listen to your leaders.”

Even more strange is that the Soofiyyah would seek to quote the words of Ibn Taymiyyah, whose opposition to them and their innovations is known.

Below is a translation of the words of Ibn Taymiyyah followed by points of benefit from his speech.

He said in his book: ‘Iqtidhaa as-Siraat al-Mustaqeem’ under the Chapter: ‘Innovated Festival Periods – Taking the birthday of the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) as an ‘Eid emulating the Christians in the Eid of the birthday of ‘Eesa (alayhi salaam)’:-

((What some of the people have innovated, either emulating the Christians in the birthday of ‘Eesa (alayhi salaam) or out of love for the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) and honouring him. Perhaps Allaah might reward them for this love and their striving to come to a decision, but not for the Bid’ah (innovation) of taking the day of the birth of the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) as an ‘Eid. Along with the difference between the people with regards to his birth, this (celebration) was not done by the early generations of pious scholars even though factors that would have necessitating [the Mawlid] were present and there was a lack of any factors that would prevent them from doing so if it had indeed been good.

If this [the Mawlid] was genuinely good or the correct opinion then the pious scholars of the early generations (may Allaah be pleased with them) would have been more entitled to it than us. They had greater love for the Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) and were more honouring of him than us; they were more eager upon goodness.

Indeed, from the perfection of loving and honouring him is in following him, being obedient to him, following his command, reviving his Sunnah both in secrecy and open, spreading that which he was sent with, striving regarding that with one’s heart, hand and tongue. For indeed this is the path of the first of the early generations [who accepted his message] from the Muhaajiroon and the Ansaar, and those that followed them in goodness.

Most of them who you find eager upon such innovations (Bid’ah) despite their good intention and striving – for these two things reward is hoped (i.e. their good intention and striving) – however you find them weak in following the command of the Messenger (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) in that which they were commanded to be energetic and enthusiastic. They are like a person who adorns the Mus.haf (a copy of the Qur’an) yet does not read what is in it; or they are like somebody who reads [what is in the Qur’an] but never follows it; or somebody who adorns the Masjid yet does not pray in it or only prays a little in it; or like a person who takes extravagant prayer beads and mats. Such apparent adornments which have not been legislated and are accompanied with showing off, pride and being pre-occupied away from what is actually legislated – this all corrupts the state of the person who is like this.

Kitab and Sunnah are silent! But who legislated Mawlid for you? Allaah, Muhammad or the Sh'ia?

Moreover there are several evidences for Bid'ia in the deen!

Which Suffis dey quote Saheeh hadith? No be one of your oga at the top abused Bukhari, Albani and co! Where is the evidence that the Prophet was born on that day? And are we even to celebrate birthdays in the first place?

Must people gather to say Salawat? Suffis are fond of innovations! And they are fond of involving Salafy Scholars in their crimes.
To you is your Bid'ia and to us is our deen!
I don't need to be told the hate in your heart. You said Sufis never quote sahih Hadith, really?. You said said must you gather to make salawat on the prophet and at the same time you call it bidiah. Where is authentic narration that forbids gathering of Dua and dhikr?. And again, you people quote twisted narration that suits you from the book of Ibn Taymiyyah. Even at that, he still said Allaah may reward them for their love and intention of honoring the prophet. This is contrary to you people today saying there is no reward in it altogether.

Aside, ibn Taymiyyah was not Salaf. He came much much after them. So again, if I'm to accept his quote from his book for saying Mawlid is immitating CHRISTIAN of Jesus bday, I ask again, why would Nabi (saw) said "it is the day I was born" ?. This is indication of importance of day of birth to be honored. And there were ulama before ibn Taymiyyah (ra) who celebrated Mawlid.

Besides, Quran itself said to honor the prophet which ibn Taymiyyah had no problem with. His problem (according to your reference) is singling out a day. Well, there are still muslims who do Mawlid nabi multiple times a year to avoid being tagged bidiah for choosing only rabiu awwal. Yet you'd still call them "alhubidiah".

I'm really not gonna engage you on gathering of dhikr. I already seen your dilemma to that effect on eld. Eld is gathering of dhikr which some of you tagged bidiah. Let's just say you guys are conditioned to abuse "bidiah" by tagging anyone who goes against your manhaj. I see them on FB all the time. Once they see someone giving lecture and he appears to be Sufi, they don't even listen to his sermons. They quick to leave comments "awón alhubidiah", "awón alawo", awón onijalabi". This is another fitna going on right now. If this is correct to you, then, you guys constitute nuisance in the community. Example of this was video of sheikh Habeeb yesterday speaking on killing of Jamal Khashoggi. Most of the boys commenting did not watch just bcus it is Sheikh Habeeb, all they had to say was "OON - Olodo of Nigeria". This is Sunnah right?.

Mawlid is not reprehensible act. If ibn Taymiyyah said there is reward in honoring the prophet, then, this is another evidence against you people who say gathering of Mawlid is nonsense and not rewardable.

Far as I am concerned, the last time I was in gathering on Mawlid was 1996 and I have absolutely no reason to condemn it because what I learned from there is still in my head today. This is beneficial knowledge. There are some things they dotn teach you in class. You learn then randomly like any religious gathering like mawlid, waasi etc. So it was a stage play about "conversion event of sayyidina Umar ibn Khattab(ra). And i acted 'alfa' who taught Fatima and Sahid sura Toha. This was learned on Mawlid. It was a stage play inf front of dignitaries in 1996. So you wanna tell me we were doing nonsense. I didnt learn this in class, either primary school, ile keu, secondary school, even when i was in college in ilorin. I learned more about islamic history through gatherings and my independent online searches. They are no taught in schools.

So now, since you said choosing a day to celebrate Mawlid is bidah, is it fair to say that choosing a specific period of time for Quran competition which was started by the same Sufi you criticized in Indonesia in 1960 now championed by Saudi Arabia, is bid'ah?. Be sincere?. Saudi wahhabi/salafi nation state hijacked Qur'an competition event from the Sufis. Besides, there is hadith that specifically mentioned 3 occasions(events) which prices are given. Quran competition is not one of them. But upon my research on Islamqa website few yrs ago they said it is a "good deed" despite obvious evidence against it. Isn't this double standard?. If this is acceptable why is Mawlid not?. Is it bcus Saudi do it then it is Sunnah?. Here is the hadith

Hazrat Abu Hurrarah, reported, which has been carried by all the six authentic books of Hadith, the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) allowed as a prize money in only three cases i.e. races of the camels, horses and spear-playing which is known in our society as Naiza Bazi.

So clearly, this leaves annual Quran competition, championed by salafi today to be bidiah. Is it a waste of time?. No. Is it rewardable?. Yes. Saudi govt or whoever organize this every will be rewarded by Allah for their sacrifices. But it is still bidia but you will be forced to accept it as bidiah hassana contrary to your ideology that bidiah is not divided. Don't be surprised a day is coming when Mawlid will be officially recognized and celebrated in Mecca just as they took credit for Quran competition. It is only matter of time. At that time, you so gonna be sorry.
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Brainlord1995(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
hmmmm why is it that some muslim like fooling them selves. to me and my people we are going to celebrate maolud nabbiyi because is one of the best way to remind muhamad rosullulahi (s.a.w)

1 Like

Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2018
Empiree:
I don't need to be told the hate in your heart. You said Sufis never quote sahih Hadith, really?. You said said must you gather to make salawat on the prophet and at the same time you call it bidiah. Where is authentic narration that forbids gathering of Dua and dhikr?. And again, you people quote twisted narration that suits you from the book of Ibn Taymiyyah. Even at that, he still said Allaah may reward them for their love and intention of honoring the prophet. This is contrary to you people today saying there is no reward in it altogether.

Aside, ibn Taymiyyah was not Salaf. He came much much after them. So again, if I'm to accept his quote from his book for saying Mawlid is immitating CHRISTIAN of Jesus bday, I ask again, why would Nabi (saw) said "it is the day I was born" ?. This is indication of importance of day of birth to be honored. And there were ulama before ibn Taymiyyah (ra) who celebrated Mawlid.

Besides, Quran itself said to honor the prophet which ibn Taymiyyah had no problem with. His problem (according to your reference) is singling out a day. Well, there are still muslims who do Mawlid nabi multiple times a year to avoid being tagged bidiah for choosing only rabiu awwal. Yet you'd still call them "alhubidiah".

I'm really not gonna engage you on gathering of dhikr. I already seen your dilemma to that effect on eld. Eld is gathering of dhikr which some of you tagged bidiah. Let's just say you guys are conditioned to abuse "bidiah" by tagging anyone who goes against your manhaj. I see them on FB all the time. Once they see someone giving lecture and he appears to be Sufi, they don't even listen to his sermons. They quick to leave comments "awón alhubidiah", "awón alawo", awón onijalabi". This is another fitna going on right now. If this is correct to you, then, you guys constitute nuisance in the community. Example of this was video of sheikh Habeeb yesterday speaking on killing of Jamal Khashoggi. Most of the boys commenting did not watch just bcus it is Sheikh Habeeb, all they had to say was "OON - Olodo of Nigeria". This is Sunnah right?.

Mawlid is not reprehensible act. If ibn Taymiyyah said there is reward in honoring the prophet, then, this is another evidence against you people who say gathering of Mawlid is nonsense and not rewardable.

Far as I am concerned, the last time I was in gathering on Mawlid was 1996 and I have absolutely no reason to condemn it because what I learned from there is still in my head today. This is beneficial knowledge. There are some things they dotn teach you in class. You learn then randomly like any religious gathering like mawlid, waasi etc. So it was a stage play about "conversion event of sayyidina Umar ibn Khattab(ra). And i acted 'alfa' who taught Fatima and Sahid sura Toha. This was learned on Mawlid. It was a stage play inf front of dignitaries in 1996. So you wanna tell me we were doing nonsense. I didnt learn this in class, either primary school, ile keu, secondary school, even when i was in college in ilorin. I learned more about islamic history through gatherings and my independent online searches. They are no taught in schools.

So now, since you said choosing a day to celebrate Mawlid is bidah, is it fair to say that choosing a specific period of time for Quran competition which was started by the same Sufi you criticized in Indonesia in 1960 now championed by Saudi Arabia, is bid'ah?. Be sincere?. Saudi wahhabi/salafi nation state hijacked Qur'an competition event from the Sufis. Besides, there is hadith that specifically mentioned 3 occasions(events) which prices are given. Quran competition is not one of them. But upon my research on Islamqa website few yrs ago they said it is a "good deed" despite obvious evidence against it. Isn't this double standard?. If this is acceptable why is Mawlid not?. Is it bcus Saudi do it then it is Sunnah?. Here is the hadith

Hazrat Abu Hurrarah, reported, which has been carried by all the six authentic books of Hadith, the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) allowed as a prize money in only three cases i.e. races of the camels, horses and spear-playing which is known in our society as Naiza Bazi.

So clearly, this leaves annual Quran competition, championed by salafi today to be bidiah. Is it a waste of time?. No. Is it rewardable?. Yes. Saudi govt or whoever organize this every will be rewarded by Allah for their sacrifices. But it is still bidia but you will be forced to accept it as bidiah hassana contrary to your ideology that bidiah is not divided. Don't be surprised a day is coming when Mawlid will be officially recognized and celebrated in Mecca just as they took credit for Quran competition. It is only matter of time. At that time, you so gonna be sorry.

We are talking about Mawlid, wetin concern Saudi Scholars & Qur'an competition now?

He fasted on the day he was born and this was a Monday not 12 Rabbi Al-Awwal!

The Prophet was not born on 12 Rabbi Al-Awwal and he most likely died that day! So you are celebrating his death just like the Christians!

Your Oga at the top deserves whatever abuse he gets! He also abuses Scholars like Albani, Bukhari, etc. He is a confirmed Ahl- Sunnah antagonist who misinterprets texts and sometimes literally translates text inappropriately. So why won't he be abused!

If you need my view on Qur'an Competition you can open another thread but here Mawlid is an innovation in every way!
Re: Is Mawlid An Nabiy Worth Celebrating? by Empiree: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

We are talking about Mawlid, wetin concern Saudi Scholars & Qur'an competition now?

He fasted on the day he was born and this was a Monday not 12 Rabbi Al-Awwal!

The Prophet was not born on 12 Rabbi Al-Awwal and he most likely died that day! So you are celebrating his death just like the Christians!

Your Oga at the top deserves whatever abuse he gets! He also abuses Scholars like Albani, Bukhari, etc. He is a confirmed Ahl- Sunnah antagonist who misinterprets texts and sometimes literally translates text inappropriately. So why won't he be abused!

If you need my view on Qur'an Competition you can open another thread but here Mawlid is an innovation in every way!
Mawlid is not celebrating the dead. I have made my point clear that he said he was born on Monday. If you wanna talk about rabiu awwal then you still have more bidiah to deal with. Hijira calendar is one of them which someone opened a thread about and raised the question or in general thread.

You are free not to celebrate it. Unless you wanna be unfair which you are doing, those who celebrate Mawlid claim to celebrate birth, arrival and for blessing us with nabi not death.

As for sheik Habeeb what you said here showed that you people lack understanding. Where did he abuse sheik Albany and imam bukhari?. Subhanallah I don't know what you consider "abuse". Even si.no who disagree with him said a while back that he did not abuse personality but collection of their work. If that's what you consider abuse, I don't know what else to tell you. Stop calling people innovators. It will not get you anywhere. You will achieve zero benefit.

bro, i am done back and forth on this Mawlid issue. You may only talk about ilm Kalam but I stand on ilm Kalam, ilm sharia and ilm haqiqa.

So I'm done. But I will like to have evidence that Sheikh habeeb attacked personality or abused those men. I beg to disagree because I watched most of his lectures at that time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sheikh Mohammed: "In Islam We Have Rules For Having Sex With Animals" / What Does Qur'an And Hadiths Say About Blacks / I Am In A Very Seriouse Pain !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.