Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (68112 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Couple Donate N1m To Man Who Lost His Business To Onitsha Fire (photos / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by TINTINABULATION(m): 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
I feel ur pain OP.

You must naturally be a very careless person for you to have sent such huge amount in error. There are about three (3) processes to be initiated (via token) before a transfer is done, and you did all that without finding out? Don't you work for money?

So sad indeed! Your number one enemy here is Uber. The company is very useless both from their response and approach to the matter. I don't blame them either since you are also taking the issue with levity.

Stringent issues demand stringent approach. Can't you storm their office in Ikoyi and cause a scene. Nigerian organizations dont respect text, emails and paper communications in matters like this. Please remember that a life is at stake here.

I feel your pain. I pray you will recover the sum, and may God grant your family divine healing.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by pattybf(f): 8:25pm On Nov 17, 2018
Too bad. D number plate can provide u information to track him. Why not try that.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Excelboi(m): 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
You can institute an action in court to recover your money and even claim damages sef. Let me know if you are ready.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by celebgistz2: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2018
grin
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Sholaco: 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2018
An igbo thief?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by enemyofprogress: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2018
God don butter somebody's bread be dat, this Christmas go set well well
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by slightlyMad(f): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2018
Will advice you go through your bank instead.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by canalily(m): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2018
in igbo language, uber means riches. so dont bother, you just made him richer
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by delerx(m): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Na them them
From the Igbos republic
Continent of red sand
And world of fraudsters

16 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by arrestdarrester: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
This one na armed robber turned Uber driver

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by JoseVanMoyes: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and I'm very frequent with the business section.

I have a very serious issue that has been a pain on my neck and I will try as much as I can to summarize everything

I sent a sum of N1m to a Uber taxi driver's account number on the 20th October, 2018. This money was a part payment bill for one of my family members who is battling with a life-threatening health issues. That happened about 4 weeks ago.

This is how the whole thing happened

A friend of mine paid me a courtesy visit and when he was about leaving, I used my rider app to request a ride for him and the driver came and took him to his destination. He told my friend the estimated cost of the fare was N4,800 but my friend didn't even bother to check because he felt he probably would not lie about it.

My friend called and told me the fare was N4,800 and I requested for the Uber taxi driver's account number after which I made the payment. The next day (20th October), I needed to make a transaction of N1m to someone for a part payment bill of my family member's treatment oblivious of the fact that I actually made the payment to the Uber taxi driver's account number. This was because I added him in my beneficiary when I wanted to make the payment.

I went to the rider app to get his contact, only for me to realize he actually inflated the fare from N3,400 to N4,800 which I literally paid for. You can see he's not an honest person but I wasn't really bothered about that.

I called and pleaded to him to refund the 1m I sent to his account. At first, he acted as if he didn't receive any money but after series of calls, he later confirmed it. I sent my account details to him and he promised to refund me on Monday as it was weekend.

Monday came and the dude started acting funny. He would pick my calls and remain silent. There were times he gave the phone to a lady to talk to me. Sometimes he yelled at me to stop disturbing him, and a point, he even stopped picking my calls

I mailed Uber and narrated everything that transpired. They responded requesting for evidence to back up my claim which I provided. I took screenshots of the first (inflated fare) and second payment and attached it to my massage. They responded telling me I should exercise patience and that they will look into my issue

It's been 4 weeks now and Uber has been lackadaisical towards this issue. I have messaged them several times and they seem to be less concerned about it.
With the way Uber has been acting towards this issue, one could conclude that they're trying to cover up this guy. Someone that can easily call and resolve this issue.

They have just been acting like they're more concerned about their own pockets than customer's satisfaction. I expect them to have taken up the issue for properly investigation despite providing solid evidence.

Please everyone! I have tried and I'm already fed up. Their customer care is my last resort but they have been nonchalant despite knowing the name, vehicle type, and license plate number of someone working for them. Even the Uber driver in question has failed to refund the money and has been avoiding me.

I went to the bank recently and his account has been frozen but I haven't been able to get my money

This country is just messed up. Even the police aren't helping matters. They are demanding their own share of about 150k

Lalasticlala, please help my situation by pushing this to the front page

Below are the screenshots of everything

u r lying, what's ur daily transfer limit....

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by condomuser: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
Ordinary N1m

Hahaha, do you have another N1m you are not using ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by generationz(f): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and I'm very frequent with the business section.

I have a very serious issue that has been a pain on my neck and I will try as much as I can to summarize everything

I sent a sum of N1m to a Uber taxi driver's account number on the 20th October, 2018. This money was a part payment bill for one of my family members who is battling with a life-threatening health issues. That happened about 4 weeks ago.

A friend of mine paid me a courtesy visit and when he was about leaving, I used my rider app to request a ride for him and the driver came and took him to his destination. He told my friend the estimated cost of the fare was N4,800 but my friend didn't even bother to check because he felt he probably would not lie about it.

My friend called and told me the fare was N4,800 and I requested for the Uber taxi driver's account number after which I made the payment. The next day (20th October), I needed to make a transaction of N1m to someone for a part payment bill of my family member's treatment oblivious of the fact that I actually made the payment to the Uber taxi driver's account number. This was because I added him in my beneficiary when I wanted to make the payment.

I went to the rider app to get his contact, only for me to realize he actually inflated the fare from N3,400 to N4,800 which I literally paid for. You can see he's not an honest person but I wasn't really bothered about that.

I called and pleaded to him to refund the 1m I sent to his account. At first, he acted as if he didn't receive any money but after series of calls, he later confirmed it. I sent my account details to him and he promised to refund me on Monday as it was weekend.

Monday came and the dude started acting funny. He would pick my calls and remain silent. There were times he gave the phone to a lady to talk to me. Sometimes he yelled at me to stop disturbing him, and a point, he even stopped picking my calls

I mailed Uber and narrated everything that transpired. They responded requesting for evidence to back up my claim which I provided. I took screenshots of the first (inflated fare) and second payment and attached it to my massage. They responded telling me I should exercise patience and that they will look into my issue

It's been 4 weeks now and Uber has been lackadaisical towards this issue. I have messaged them several times and they seem to be less concerned about it.
With the way Uber has been acting towards this issue, one could conclude that they're trying to cover up this guy. Someone that can easily call and resolve this issue.

They have just been acting like they're more concerned about their own pockets than customer's satisfaction. I expect them to have taken up the issue for properly investigation despite providing solid evidence.

Please everyone! I have tried and I'm already fed up. Their customer care is my last resort but they have been nonchalant despite knowing the name, vehicle type, and license plate number of someone working for them. Even the Uber driver in question has failed to refund the money and has been avoiding me.

I went to the bank recently and his account has been frozen but I haven't been able to get my money

This country is just messed up. Even the police aren't helping matters. They are demanding their own share of about 150k

oga if you are on Instagram post this and tag instablog, rilimilz , tundeednut and Linda ikeji blog

I can assure you uber will be the ones to help fish them out once their business name is on the line

23 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2018
cheesy If the Uber driver is a criminal, he would add it some money and buy another car.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by AngelicBeing: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
sad

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by seunoj: 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:

The country is not messed up. On this I can assure you u will get your money back but it may take time. Just report to your bank. If the money is still in his account, it will be held. Otherwise, They'll ve his BVN watchlisted. Involve police when the situation is getting difficult. U can copy CBN CPC on your mail to your bank. U go see swift response.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Guestlander: 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Pearl05:
The driver looks like an ex convict.

He has criminal features.

Don't judge a book by the cover, he could very well be a good man.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
Omo this one na Uber armed Robber.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Emvico34: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
Sankabson:
wow! This is serious! 1m for Buhari time
so you quoted the whole post, occupied the whole space to type this? if I no wound you make I die. oya take am

23 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Vado(m): 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2018
Take your issue to Twitter. Cc the likes of Segalink Omojuwa et al. Saturate Nigeria Twitter with this matter and wait for result.

6 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by kazeeyoung(m): 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Go to the nearest police station, give them his phone number with #10,000 they will track him in 24hrs.. Simple

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by GIFTD: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Op ur major concern should be recovery of ur 1million naira u mistakenly transferred to his account and stop bringing the issue of inflated fare. It's rather childish to be chasing rat while ur house is on fire and remember it's all ur fault and u should handle this matter intelligently so that he will not run away with ur money.
bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and Ia'm very frequent with the business section.

3 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Acidosis(m): 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
I think you have a lot of money to throw around. No single trip within Lagos state should cost that much on Uber (especially Taxify). Even Berger to Ajah, Epe or Ijanikin would not cost that much. The moment you heard N4800, you should have checked your app.

Btw, why should you embark on a trip without confirming the approximated cost? Like Google map, Uber and Taxify already provide an algorithm that calculates your estimated bill prior to your trip.

As regards your N1m, that one na small thing. You will get your money. If I were you though, I will also ensure he spends some days behind bars.

12 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by babadee1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2018
People please don't be adding someone as a beneficiary to your payment app when you're only making a one time payment to them. It defeats the entire purpose and makes mistakes like this more likely to happen. Just enter the account details once and forget it. OP sorry for your loss I hope you'll be able to get your money back.

15 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by bigpicture001: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
Simple to catch him, use anothrr persons i.d or wotever and demand for his service.make sure its an entirely different location. When he arrives, then u and ur ppl will hold him....simple!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by shanaka4u(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2018
all you need to do is to report to the police just to get a police report and subsequently get an order of the magistrate court and you take the order to the bank then they will reverse the money asap.we have done a similar one before though of a lesser amount. you can contact me or any legal practitioner.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by NotBeenPaid: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
bunmiano:

Mods please help my situation by pushing this to the front page

You lack common sense - You effed up big time. We all make mistakes but your response time was 100% slow.

You would have gotten the money If you had informed your financial institution on time and without having to involve criminals in police uniforms.

The guy might be outta the country already

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by KraticKratus: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
This is one of those those stories that touch. grin

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Guestlander:

Don't judge a book by the cover, he could very well be a good man.

good man who's refusing to return someone's money ...and for over a month now? you must be very silly for this comment

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by kollinpowel(m): 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2018
Bro don't stress ur self further, just get the Efcc and probably a well known media involved so that Uber will know u a serious about this.And make sure all ur evidence are well kept if possibly forward them to ur close relative cos u have a case at hand and the uber guy may want to trace u to ur place.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Tonimordred(m): 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2018
Only his face has proven dat e cn't refund d moni wit his folded mouth lyk flint stone

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See What I Saw In My Save After Six Month's (Photos) / Otedola Escorts Dangote To Renew Driver’s License In Lagos. / Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.