Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver (68140 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Couple Donate N1m To Man Who Lost His Business To Onitsha Fire (photos / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Guestlander: 7:21am On Nov 18, 2018
Babzking:

Ipo supporting one of them

this is a criminal offense

How ironic.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by maestroferddi: 7:22am On Nov 18, 2018
modath:

Life doesn't begin and end on politics section, Bunmi can't lie about 1m, It's not enough for him to lie about. TRUST ME... wink

If you do biz enough & have over 100 names in beneficiary list, Yours truly has done a few erroneous transactions but got refunded back (maybe cos they are known people) , yes it happens... smiley
I hear you...

The new Folarunsho Alakija of forum de nairaland...

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by IbrahimDamola: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2018
GOFRONT:
This is Nigeria......

See his face like a yahoo boy.....This guy don already chop that yam..

And he must vomit it. 1 million naira can't even buy a decent air ticket even if he wants to run away. He must return that money.

We all should help this and call the driver's number on the screenshot. When he is bamboozled with calls from everywherebasking him to return the money, fear sef go grip am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by oluwayimika123: 7:25am On Nov 18, 2018
I feel pained reading dis post and dre is nothing more dat hurts me oda dan d attitude of Useless Uber in mediating into what happened that shows dre Customer's protection ain't there priority.

On my own I'm going to twitter to rant on b1/2 of d OP and I'm so going to call out Uber on my post.

Most of the useless coys in Nigeria loves to take us 4 granted cos dey know nothing will happen.

I need people to join in d call out in other to make dem act cos it seems dat is d only lang dey understand

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Revolva(m): 7:27am On Nov 18, 2018
Its is very careless for you to do this.....

well you can get hi m if the banks and uber company decide to help you out
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by kwaso2: 7:29am On Nov 18, 2018
Is a pity! In case of next time, I advice such occasion to be responded with wisdom. Having reviewed his history, I will engage him through another person for a ride(taxi service) then arrest him even before explaining the details of his arrest to him. N1M is too big to risk to a person who can steal 10k when the opportunity presented.

That money might not come back if u don't make plenty noise o! Na people retirement benefit

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Hafsy666: 7:38am On Nov 18, 2018
Why ur reaction is so slow in the first place,u would ve reported him to d bank at first.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by oladele239(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:

Uber has no issue with the 4800 he claimed which was 3400??!

Please take time to read again

Oga Bunmi we meet here too
Nawao

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by oladele239(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2018
JoseVanMoyes:

u r lying, what's ur daily transfer limit....

You're sick

Op na millionaire o

U no see him siggy?
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by 3RNEST(m): 7:42am On Nov 18, 2018
davillian:
There are some mistake you should not make.
4.8 is far from 1m
Dumb mofo
Guy na wa for you oh...like seriously.

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Mizwisdom(f): 7:43am On Nov 18, 2018
To be honest, people from the East are not too big on honesty. Let's hope the thief will be fished out soon
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by oladele239(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2018
babadee1:
People please don't be adding someone as a beneficiary to your payment app when you're only making a one time payment to them. It defeats the entire purpose and makes mistakes like this more likely to happen. Just enter the account details once and forget it. OP sorry for your loss I hope you'll be able to get your money back.

Exactly, a beneficiary is meant to one whom you make frequent transfers to
Most times family friends nd business associates
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by 3RNEST(m): 7:49am On Nov 18, 2018
Mizwisdom:
To be honest, people from the East are not too big on honesty. Let's hope the thief will be fished out soon
Surely we are going to get him soon, I guess he's reading all our comments.

#TeamEcurrencyCrew....We dey here!! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by grandstar(m): 7:55am On Nov 18, 2018
The guy by now,would,have spent most of the money.

You may have no choice but to sell his ride to recover part if not all the money depending on the value of the car

bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and I'm very frequent with the business section.

I have a very serious issue that has been a pain on my neck and I will try as much as I can to summarize everything

I sent a sum of N1m to a Uber taxi driver's account number on the 20th October, 2018. This money was a part payment bill for one of my family members who is battling with a life-threatening health issues. That happened about 4 weeks ago.

This is how the whole thing happened

A friend of mine paid me a courtesy visit and when he was about leaving, I used my rider app to request a ride for him and the driver came and took him to his destination. He told my friend the estimated cost of the fare was N4,800 but my friend didn't even bother to check because he felt he probably would not lie about it.

My friend called and told me the fare was N4,800 and I requested for the Uber taxi driver's account number after which I made the payment. The next day (20th October), I needed to make a transaction of N1m to someone for a part payment bill of my family member's treatment oblivious of the fact that I actually made the payment to the Uber taxi driver's account number. This was because I added him in my beneficiary when I wanted to make the payment.

I went to the rider app to get his contact, only for me to realize he actually inflated the fare from N3,400 to N4,800 which I literally paid for. You can see he's not an honest person but I wasn't really bothered about that.

I called and pleaded to him to refund the 1m I sent to his account. At first, he acted as if he didn't receive any money but after series of calls, he later confirmed it. I sent my account details to him and he promised to refund me on Monday as it was weekend.

Monday came and the dude started acting funny. He would pick my calls and remain silent. There were times he gave the phone to a lady to talk to me. Sometimes he yelled at me to stop disturbing him, and a point, he even stopped picking my calls

I mailed Uber and narrated everything that transpired. They responded requesting for evidence to back up my claim which I provided. I took screenshots of the first (inflated fare) and second payment and attached it to my massage. They responded telling me I should exercise patience and that they will look into my issue

It's been 4 weeks now and Uber has been lackadaisical towards this issue. I have messaged them several times and they seem to be less concerned about it.
With the way Uber has been acting towards this issue, one could conclude that they're trying to cover up this guy. Someone that can easily call and resolve this issue.

They have just been acting like they're more concerned about their own pockets than customer's satisfaction. I expect them to have taken up the issue for properly investigation despite providing solid evidence.

Please everyone! I have tried and I'm already fed up. Their customer care is my last resort but they have been nonchalant despite knowing the name, vehicle type, and license plate number of someone working for them. Even the Uber driver in question has failed to refund the money and has been avoiding me.

I went to the bank recently and his account has been frozen but I haven't been able to get my money

This country is just messed up. Even the police aren't helping matters. They are demanding their own share of about 150k

Mods please help my situation by pushing this to the front page

Below are the screenshots of everything
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Legalissues: 7:56am On Nov 18, 2018
OP! Instead of seeking advice about, what you ought to have done immediately is getting a lawyer, even before visiting any police station.
Fine his account has been frozen but the bank are not going to keep it frozen for a long time just based on your complaint. You need to get a court order as soon as possible directing tbe bank to transfer the funds.
Delay defeats equity. So it is very fundamental that you act timeously, we have seen cases whereby by tne time the victim finally rushes to court,withdrawals has already being made cos the bank has already unfrozen the account since they cant afford to keep it frozen for so long without a court directive.
The best you can now do in this situation is instituting a criminal action against him but this would not give you back your money especially as the money invovled is a huge sum.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:
I've been a member of Nairaland since 2012 and I'm very frequent with the business section.

I have a very serious issue that has been a pain on my neck and I will try as much as I can to summarize everything

I sent a sum of N1m to a Uber taxi driver's account number on the 20th October, 2018. This money was a part payment bill for one of my family members who is battling with a life-threatening health issues. That happened about 4 weeks ago.

A friend of mine paid me a courtesy visit and when he was about leaving, I used my rider app to request a ride for him and the driver came and took him to his destination. He told my friend the estimated cost of the fare was N4,800 but my friend didn't even bother to check because he felt he probably would not lie about it.

My friend called and told me the fare was N4,800 and I requested for the Uber taxi driver's account number after which I made the payment. The next day (20th October), I needed to make a transaction of N1m to someone for a part payment bill of my family member's treatment oblivious of the fact that I actually made the payment to the Uber taxi driver's account number. This was because I added him in my beneficiary when I wanted to make the payment.

I went to the rider app to get his contact, only for me to realize he actually inflated the fare from N3,400 to N4,800 which I literally paid for. You can see he's not an honest person but I wasn't really bothered about that.

I called and pleaded to him to refund the 1m I sent to his account. At first, he acted as if he didn't receive any money but after series of calls, he later confirmed it. I sent my account details to him and he promised to refund me on Monday as it was weekend.

Monday came and the dude started acting funny. He would pick my calls and remain silent. There were times he gave the phone to a lady to talk to me. Sometimes he yelled at me to stop disturbing him, and a point, he even stopped picking my calls

I mailed Uber and narrated everything that transpired. They responded requesting for evidence to back up my claim which I provided. I took screenshots of the first (inflated fare) and second payment and attached it to my massage. They responded telling me I should exercise patience and that they will look into my issue

It's been 4 weeks now and Uber has been lackadaisical towards this issue. I have messaged them several times and they seem to be less concerned about it.
With the way Uber has been acting towards this issue, one could conclude that they're trying to cover up this guy. Someone that can easily call and resolve this issue.

They have just been acting like they're more concerned about their own pockets than customer's satisfaction. I expect them to have taken up the issue for properly investigation despite providing solid evidence.

Please everyone! I have tried and I'm already fed up. Their customer care is my last resort but they have been nonchalant despite knowing the name, vehicle type, and license plate number of someone working for them. Even the Uber driver in question has failed to refund the money and has been avoiding me.

I went to the bank recently and his account has been frozen but I haven't been able to get my money

This country is just messed up. Even the police aren't helping matters. They are demanding their own share of about 150k

Did you read the terms and conditions for using uber? It's a cash or card policy.

Uber is not under any obligation to help you on this matter as you breached the terms.

I am yet to read your other comments, but you will have better luck with the police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:01am On Nov 18, 2018
tabithababy:
Go to your bank nah angry
his bank can't do nothing to a 3rd party account.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:

Uber has no issue with the 4800 he claimed which was 3400??!

Please take time to read again

Driver and rider get instant receipts, when paying cash riders can use their devices to confirm
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by limelighttee(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2018
Its very easy to catch him

bunmiano:

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by verifiablefacts: 8:30am On Nov 18, 2018
bunmiano:
That's his picture from Uber page
AUGUSTINE CHUKUY CHUKWUDI
What do you expect from a chukwudi,and they blame the country.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 18, 2018
If he hasn't changed his number,take two opc or army boys call him pretending that they need or keep requesting and cancelling for Uber rides until he shows up for pickup and you guys can pick him up until he produces your dough.

It's very easy to get him except if he has changed his line of biz.

You'll soon get him just relax.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by ChiefAlex(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2018
maestroferddi:
You have the emotional quotient of a 30-day old baby...

Just too bad...

Shut up local boy who doesn’t know anything about money transfer. Unexposed idiot
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by doskie(m): 9:05am On Nov 18, 2018
mrjaydee:
get a warrant from a court and take to his bank. You will get him easily.. I feel your pain. Next time be extra super careful
how will they get him. he wont be working for uber again by now and he will run from the town he was
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by doskie(m): 9:10am On Nov 18, 2018
OgogoroFreak:
You have all his details and the company he works with, get the police involved, approach his bank and post on all social media you can think of.

Better still, contact the driver with a different account, when he show up, get him arrested and drag him to court.
its like persin never tiff from you before sha. you think the driver will do uber work again or what. or he will be picking calls and meeting people any how.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by doskie(m): 9:16am On Nov 18, 2018
the entire procedure for sending even 1000 naira via app requires so many stops, checks, questions, confirmation and certainty. i still dont understand how much of a mistake it takes to transfer a whooping one million to a wrong person. i mean.... one million is not an amount you transfer everyday.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by dahnimoh(m): 9:29am On Nov 18, 2018
I can see the rating of one star that you gave him.

I sense there is issue between you and the guy or is that how you rate other uber drivers?

Do you want uber to suspend them even before this incidence.

What you sow is what you will reap.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by BedLam: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Wisdom can't be bought. So much for your moniker.
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by onatisi(m): 9:32am On Nov 18, 2018
Revolva:
Its is very careless for you to do this.....

well you can get hi m if the banks and uber company decide to help you out
There is nothing Uber can do ,the most they can do is to provide the details of the driver. Please note that this isnt about any service rendered ,Uber can only act decisively on the inflated fee issue.
The next option will be the bank and unfortunately the most the bank can do is to freeze the person's account with them only,the bank does not have the power to freeze the accused accounts with other banks ,only efcc and the court can do that.
The last resort is the police ,and unfortunately there is no criminal action here because the driver never asked for the 1million and it was done voluntarily by the sender reason why bank apps always warn sender's to be very very careful and to cross check before sending because they won't be held responsible.
The last option available is to contact Alfas and some wicked prophets maybe they can help and this issue has even dragged on for too long now we are nearing the end of November.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by doskie(m): 9:38am On Nov 18, 2018
bigpicture001:
Simple to catch him, use anothrr persons i.d or wotever and demand for his service.make sure its an entirely different location. When he arrives, then u and ur ppl will hold him....simple!
he wont be doing uber again
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by davillian(m): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2018
dyrocha:

[b][/b]if anyone be dumb, it should be you. Wonder how you passed through school without bagging result from the rear.. Poster said he erroneously sent 1m naira.(in hi mind, he had selected the right beneficiary but hi finger must have chosen another contact without confirming it beneficiary was right or wrong) It can happen to anyone.. That's different from the 4800 he sent initially and you're here derogating him. Shame on you. Big and Strong advice to poster and everyone, it takes you just a few seconds to go through all you've done than spending days,weeks even months correcting one simple mistake.
Why on earth will he add an uber driver as a beneficiary?
Let's assume you clicked the wrong beneficiary input your password and amount
You still get one more chance to confirm were you see the transaction details before you click proceed or confirm.
After such dumb mistake he did not have brain to raise a red flag on the uber drivers account so that the account would be frozen.
He is dumb as Bleep ask the op himself he will agree
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Mizwisdom(f): 9:44am On Nov 18, 2018
BedLam:
Wisdom can't be bought. So much for your moniker.

This is why it continues, when people chose to be sentimental instead of objective
Re: Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver by Hussein53(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2018
I wonder why so many people are blaming the op
He made a.mistake and he clearly knows that by now.

Telling him.what he already know is not helping, he needs a way out not criticizism,

That's why it's call a mistake, bank transfer is just money in figures not that he paid in cash, all you need do is click a wrong beneficiary,
People with high daily transactions like bumaino are prone to this,

It's always funny when cases like this happens everyone is always smarter that the victim.
Stop the criticism and help out if you can

@ bumaino involve the appropriate authority they can track him down even if he dispose his number.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Otedola Escorts Dangote To Renew Driver’s License In Lagos. / Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business / Black Friday At Ibadan Shoprite: Customers Take Canned Drinks, Ate Packaged Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.