Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo (738 Views)

Webmasters,i Need Your Help !!! / Webmasters: I Need Your Help With Adsense / Webmasters I Need Your Honest Review On My News Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by SirLakes: 6:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
How can I stop this

Someone is trying to derank one of my sites
Two of my links went off google front page within 72hrs

I noticed the first link was getting hits from different IPs within close range at 10 - 25 minutes interval, this went on for about 24hrs and the link was totally off google when I search for it. (still ranking on Bing though)

The same thing happened to the second link.

I know this won't stop, I need to do something to prevent more of this and right now I am totally clueless about what to do.

Solved- It was a DDos attack
Re: Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by RealLordZeus(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
does the IPs fall between a specific range? if yes ban that range.
if not, you have a great work ahead bro.
in the meantime! start preparing appeasement recipe for shango so that he can deliver the right dose of thunder to your hidden enemy
Re: Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by SirLakes: 7:11pm On Nov 17, 2018
RealLordZeus:
does the IPs fall between a specific range? if yes ban that range.
if not, you have a great work ahead bro.
in the meantime! start preparing appeasement recipe for shango so that he can deliver the right dose of thunder to your hidden enemy

From my stat the IP address location is Google - Lima, Ohio United States, United States.

I think this isn't from Google because, a visit first came directly to the URL and after that na so so Google - Lima, Ohio United States, United States I dey see. I blocked the IPs, I didnt see the visit again for sometime, another visit came with a new IP and boom the IP changed and continued.

I read it is possible to fake a bot as google
Re: Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2018
Chai , village people finally show cry

Oya select the kind thunder you want make i send give them?

Re: Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by etoluw: 12:33am On Nov 18, 2018
SirLakes:

From my stat the IP address location is Google - Lima, Ohio United States, United States.

I think this isn't from Google because, a visit first came directly to the URL and after that na so so Google - Lima, Ohio United States, United States I dey see. I blocked the IPs, I didnt see the visit again for sometime, another visit came with a new IP and boom the IP changed and continued.

i think that IP address belongs to google e be like say na u dey do yourself

u fit check am here
https://www.speedguide.net/ip/66.102.7.234
Re: Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by RealLordZeus(m): 6:17am On Nov 18, 2018
SirLakes:

Bro! I think you are under a DDOs attack! try and Google about how to counter such attack! coz soon bro! it will start taking heavy toll on your bandwidth except you are on unlimited plan, even with that your host might take drastic action to save resources.

well if u are still interested in the appeasement, just lemme know so I can tell baba, coz u will need one big white cow, 2 red fowl, two barrel of red oil, 3 expensive white lace material for the ancestors, one Toyota corolla, 2016-2018 model to facilitate the trip to plead your case.
provide this and your case is solved
Re: Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by mcqwerty(m): 10:39am On Nov 19, 2018
Hello, i think you just blocked a Google bot. I do not think that was a smart move. However, if you feel Google bot crawls your site too often that it eats into your bandwidth to the extent that it drops your site, then you can go into your Google search console and reduce the crawl rate of your website.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
McQwerty
Re: Webmasters....i Need Help Oooo by Sanchez01: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2018
SirLakes:
How can I stop this

Someone is trying to derank one of my sites
Two of my links went off google front page within 72hrs

I noticed the first link was getting hits from different IPs within close range at 10 - 25 minutes interval, this went on for about 24hrs and the link was totally off google when I search for it. (still ranking on Bing though)

The same thing happened to the second link.

I know this won't stop, I need to do something to prevent more of this and right now I am totally clueless about what to do.

E gba mi oooo
Those are Google bots.

(1) (Reply)

C-panel Retailer Needed / Free Ebook On Internet Marketing / Please I Need Asistance On How I Can Buy A Domin Cheapname Or Goddday Please An1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.