Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,968 members, 7,803,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff (20901 Views)

See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / Recipe For Chin Chin / Recipe For Chin Chin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff by msherida: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2010
pls can someone giv me the recipe for making chin-chin and puff-puff, the quantity and measurement of each ingredients.

thanks
Re: Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff by yme1(f): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2010
for chin chin

INGREDIENT :
500g/llb self raising flour
100g/4oz sugar
3 large eggs
25g/loz grated nutmeg
50g/2oz margarine
pinch of salt
oil for deep frying

how to prepare
Sift the flour and salt together. Rub in the margarine, add the eggs, sugar and nutmeg and mix into a fairly stiff dough. Turn into a floured board and roll out thinly. Cut into thin strips and cut the stripes into small squares. Heat the oil and fry the squares of dough in small batches turning frequently until golden brown. Drain and allow to cool and serve cold. Can be stored for weeks in an airtight container.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff by MissyB1(m): 5:55pm On Jul 25, 2010
Puff-Puff

Assuming you're making 40-60 balls

Ingredients
2 cups (or about ½ liter) flour
2 cups (or about ½ liter) water
½ cup (or about an eighth of a liter) sugar
2 teaspoons yeast
Some vegetable oil

Preparation

Mix the flour, sugar, water, and yeast together until the batter is smooth.

Wait until the dough has risen. About 2½ hours or so should do. (I've heard that if you use quick-rising yeast, you don't have to wait, but I have not tried it yet.)

Put vegetable oil into a pot, until it is at least 2 inches (or about 5 centimeters) high (too little will result in flatter balls), and place on low heat.

Test to make sure the oil is hot enough by putting a 'drop' of batter into the oil. If it is not hot enough, the batter will stay at the bottom of the pot rather than rising to the top.

When the oil is hot enough, use a spoon to dish up the batter, and another spoon or spatula to drop it in the oil, sort of in the shape of a ball.

Fry for a few minutes until the bottom side is golden brown.

Turn the ball over and fry for a few more minutes until the other side is golden brown.

Use a large spoon or something like that to take it out of the oil. I usually place them on napkins right away to soak up some of the excess oil.

If desired, you can roll the finished product in table sugar or powdered sugar to make it sweeter.
Re: Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff by msherida: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2010
y me and missy b, thanks a lot for the recipe, u are a star
Re: Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff by marketresearch: 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
ChinChin

Chin Chin is a fried snack that originated in Nigeria and popular in West Africa. It is a sweet, hard, donut-like baked or fried dough of wheat flour, and other customary baking items. Many people also bake it with ground nutmeg for flavor. It is usually kneaded and cut into small squares of 1 square inch or so, about a quarter of an inch thick, before frying. The Nigerian Chin Chin can last for weeks if stored in an airtight container.

for Nigerians looking for Chin Chin in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/chin-chin

(1) (Reply)

What Type Of Blender Should I Buy? / Help!!!any Advise On How To Revive My Egusi Soup. / Thai Cook Fries Chicken With His BARE Hands, Doesn’t Get Burned!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.