Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

The God Challenge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The God Challenge (5014 Views)

Nope! It Is Not A God Challenge. Represent Your God. / World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The God Challenge by frank317: 7:52am On Nov 18, 2018
I have been an atheist for more than seven years now and looking back, I am yet to see what I have missed not worshiping God.

This is a summary of my life since I became an atheist
- wake up in the morning
- plan my day
- eat, exercise and work toward achieving my goals
- go to work, remember loves ones, check up on them and hangout with friends
- get home sleep.

Life has had its ups and downs, but I have pretty much been a giver than a receiver and got married now with a handsome son (despite butterflylions prayers for my marriage to fail).

I still don't understand why anyone should worship any God.

So I ask theist... Tell me just two thing that makes it life as a theists better than mine.

If u can come up with two things that makes worshiping God worth it, I will look into my life evaluate, see if I miss such and maybe give worshiping God a try.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The God Challenge by Ihedinobi3: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2018
In my opinion, this may only be another bait thread for Christians. It seems to me that you made your choice and lived it for seven years and you like your experience. So I cannot see what you would expect Christians to tell you. I would expect that you would dismiss Christianity as a fool's dream and ignore Christians while carrying on with this wonderful life you have made for yourself without God in it.

But, for what it is worth, I will humor you.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Truth that we Christians follow is not primarily about this life. Not many of us believers will have that easy a life. Many of us suffer broken marriages as a direct result of our Faith. Many of us suffer penury or at least economic "mediocrity" because we prioritize God's Truth. That is not to say that following Christ necessarily leads to misery. In fact, even in our sufferings, those of us who want to follow the Lord and stick to the program do find a joy and peace that cannot be explained by our circumstances. So, it is not about misery although being a Christian guarantees more suffering in this life than being an unbeliever will.

What Christians endure everything we endure for is the hope we have for the world to come. We look forward to a Resurrection whereby we will be rescued permanently from suffering. We look forward to eternal rewards and riches and glory that this world has not even a prayer at equalling. We look forward to a New Earth and New Heavens where everything is perfect and there is no more evil or injustice of any kind. That is what our true gain is.

For us, this life is a war, a labor, a test that we must endure everyday. We accept the gifts of work, family, friends and entertainment as some of the things the Lord gives us to make our journey bearable for us. But these things are not what we are Christians for. As your own experience proves, even a staunch atheist can have them and have them in abundance. Very few of the wealthiest people in the world are Christians after all. But only Christians expect what we have in this life to be made infinitely better in eternity.

7 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 8:33am On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
In my opinion, this may only be another bait thread for Christians. It seems to me that you made your choice and lived it for seven years and you like your experience. So I cannot see what you would expect Christians to tell you. I would expect that you would dismiss Christianity as a fool's dream and ignore Christians while carrying on with this wonderful life you have made for yourself without God in it.
I could but I have to practically shut my ears to Christian rantings... If only Christians practice the live and let live they preach. Recall this tread was create based on real life experience. People disturb me a lot with nonsense.

But, for what it is worth, I will humor you.
Cool

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Truth that we Christians follow is not primarily about this life. Not many of us believers will have that easy a life. Many of us suffer broken marriages as a direct result of our Faith. Many of us suffer penury or at least economic "mediocrity" because we prioritize God's Truth. That is not to say that following Christ necessarily leads to misery. In fact, even in our sufferings, those of us who want to follow the Lord and stick to the program do find a joy and peace that cannot be explained by our circumstances. So, it is not about misery although being a Christian guarantees more suffering in this life than being an unbeliever will.
In order words the worship of God is useless to life on earth... Only necessary for the hope of after life?

What Christians endure everything we endure for is the hope we have for the world to come. We look forward to a Resurrection whereby we will be rescued permanently from suffering. We look forward to eternal rewards and riches and glory that this world has not even a prayer at equalling. We look forward to a New Earth and New Heavens where everything is perfect and there is no more evil or injustice of any kind. That is what our true gain is.
Awww... Whats the difference between hoping for after life and not caring about after life?

For us, this life is a war, a labor, a test that we must endure everyday. We accept the gifts of work, family, friends and entertainment as some of the things the Lord gives us to make our journey bearable for us. But these things are not what we are Christians for. As your own experience proves, even a staunch atheist can have them and have them in abundance. Very few of the wealthiest people in the world are Christians after all. But only Christians expect what we have in this life to be made infinitely better in eternity.
Thanks... So far, I see no reason why I should fast, vigil, pray, .... For me one thing I miss about Christianity is worship... I love singing and enjoying my own praise songs like I am the God I am singing to.
I still do it sometimes... Otherwise, I don't miss the guilt, need to please, feeling like I owe my life to anything, feeling like I am being watched, need to pretend, fasting, staying up all night, time wasted in praying...

I think being a atheist rocks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The God Challenge by DeSepiero(m): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2018
What shall it profit a man if he gained the whole world [laughs] and lost his soul?

1 Like

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 8:53am On Nov 18, 2018
DeSepiero:
What shall it profit a man if he gained the whole world [laughs] and lost his soul?
Lol... Absolutely nothing

5 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by Ihedinobi3: 8:54am On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

I could but I have to practically shut my ears to Christian rantings... If only Christians practice the live and let live they preach. Recall this tread was create based on real life experience. People disturb me a lot with nonsense.
I can sympathize with you on that. But it is my policy to ignore things that I have decided have no value in my life. Perhaps you should do the same. It does make for something of a quieter, more focused life.

frank317:
In order words the worship of God is useless to life on earth... Only necessary for the hope of after life?
That would be the wrong way to read what I said. Life in this world for us Christians is a fight. It is a fight for everyone really but only Christians are actually taking on the enemy here. For that reason, following God is enormously important to us. In following Christ, we gain not only the resources but the training and company we need to get from here to the Goal that God set for all human beings.

Being a Christian, for example, gives me a different perspective on work, family/friends and entertainment - if I am doing a good job of being a Christian, that is - than you as an unbeliever possess.

frank317:
Awww... Whats the difference between hoping for after life and not caring about after life?
I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

frank317:
Thanks... So far, I see no reason why I should fast, vigil, pray, .... For me one thing I miss about Christianity is worship... I love singing and enjoying my own praise songs like I am the God I am singing to.
I still do it sometimes... Otherwise, I don't miss the guilt, need to please, feeling like I owe my life to anything, feeling like I am being watched, need to pretend, fasting, staying up all night, time wasted in praying...

I think being a atheist rocks
Rock on then, friend.

I do admit that while there is a great deal of value in fasting, it is something that I find very imprudent to do in my own life. And I neither attend nor particularly recommend vigils to anyone. I think it would take special circumstances for me to do so. As for prayer, what could a believer do without it? In an earthly army, supply lines are everything. Being able to put in a request and have it met is a huge morale booster for any army. How much more for believers fighting through this world?

But I think the real problem here may be a poor understanding of Christianity on your part. I don't say that to insult you. It is entirely possible that you were a Christian for several years before you decided to become an atheist. But not everything that wears a label is true to its name. Christianity, first and foremost, is about faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That's it: just believing in the Lord Jesus Christ Who was God but also took on humanity so that He could die for our sins and rescue us from certain eternal condemnation.

Then after that is a diligent commitment to learning the Truth of the Bible and adapting to it through the help of the Holy Spirit. And this is something you do not only in the Power of God but with responsibility to God alone so that the pressure of "appearing holy" to other people really has no place in true Christianity. Anyone who is diligent in the Truth eventually finds themselves changing in the best and most authentic way so that they know for sure that God is pleased with them and man cannot really and honestly find fault with them. But this is not to say that we can be perfect, no. Our bodies are corrupted with sin so perfection will remain out of reach until the Resurrection. But we will certainly find that in all the ways that it truly matters, we are becoming better people.

So, it's not about a mechanical system of praying, fasting, going to vigils, attending church every Sunday and not doing this or making sure to do that. If anything is a good thing to do or a bad thing that we should abstain from, as we continue to learn the Truth and believe it, we soon find inside of ourselves the strength to do it or abstain from it. How it happens is nothing short of miraculous in my experience. I had quite given up on myself before I learned this. And I am sharing it with you in case you might be willing to consider it.

1 Like

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 10:54am On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I can sympathize with you on that. But it is my policy to ignore things that I have decided have no value in my life. Perhaps you should do the same. It does make for something of a quieter, more focused life.
unfortunately u really cannot advise me on how i react to things i see in life.

That would be the wrong way to read what I said. Life in this world for us Christians is a fight. It is a fight for everyone really but only Christians are actually taking on the enemy here. For that reason, following God is enormously important to us. In following Christ, we gain not only the resources but the training and company we need to get from here to the Goal that God set for all human beings.
i simply challenged u to tell me just tow things u enjoy in THIS life as a christian that i dont enjoy as an atheist. if there is none, tell me there is non. your answer above has nothing to do with my question.

Being a Christian, for example, gives me a different perspective on work, family/friends and entertainment - if I am doing a good job of being a Christian, that is - than you as an unbeliever possess.
you are doing a good job being a christian and i am also doing a good job being a atheist. pls what two things about life as a christian makes you better than me, an atheist.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
you live ur life hoping for a better after life, i live my life not caring one bit after after life... what's the difference between me and u

Rock on then, friend.
thanks

I do admit that while there is a great deal of value in fasting, it is something that I find very imprudent to do in my own life. And I neither attend nor particularly recommend vigils to anyone. I think it would take special circumstances for me to do so. As for prayer, what could a believer do without it? In an earthly army, supply lines are everything. Being able to put in a request and have it met is a huge morale booster for any army. How much more for believers fighting through this world?
since u fast and pray, tell me two things about ur life that are better than mine.

But I think the real problem here may be a poor understanding of Christianity on your part. I don't say that to insult you. It is entirely possible that you were a Christian for several years before you decided to become an atheist. But not everything that wears a label is true to its name. Christianity, first and foremost, is about faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. That's it: just believing in the Lord Jesus Christ Who was God but also took on humanity so that He could die for our sins and rescue us from certain eternal condemnation.
Christianity is all about Faith in Christ, and this is what you think i dont understand about Christianity? what else should i think Christianity is? what has this got to do with my question?

Then after that is a diligent commitment to learning the Truth of the Bible and adapting to it through the help of the Holy Spirit. And this is something you do not only in the Power of God but with responsibility to God alone so that the pressure of "appearing holy" to other people really has no place in true Christianity. Anyone who is diligent in the Truth eventually finds themselves changing in the best and most authentic way so that they know for sure that God is pleased with them and man cannot really and honestly find fault with them. But this is not to say that we can be perfect, no. Our bodies are corrupted with sin so perfection will remain out of reach until the Resurrection. But we will certainly find that in all the ways that it truly matters, we are becoming better people.
ok... so what two things do you have as a christian that i dont have as an atheist.

So, it's not about a mechanical system of praying, fasting, going to vigils, attending church every Sunday and not doing this or making sure to do that. If anything is a good thing to do or a bad thing that we should abstain from, as we continue to learn the Truth and believe it, we soon find inside of ourselves the strength to do it or abstain from it. How it happens is nothing short of miraculous in my experience. I had quite given up on myself before I learned this. And I am sharing it with you in case you might be willing to consider it.
pls answer my question... thanks

3 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by hahn(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
For as long as I can remember I have never really believed in any god. I always felt embarrassed when I was in church because it always seemed like I was doing something stupid.

Since I dumped God in the trash where it belongs I can boldly say my life has gotten better. I take responsibility of my affairs and I don't live in fear of an almighty God whose sole purpose is to burn people in hell just because it likes the smell of suya.

I am also happily married with a beautiful son and he just turned one yesterday and from what I project life is only going to get better.

All that time wasted praying to a god is better spent playing with my son, building my businesses and meditating on building my empire and creating the best life for my family.

There is only one place God belongs and that is in the

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The God Challenge by Ihedinobi3: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

unfortunately u really cannot advise me on how i react to things i see in life.
It's your life. I don't presume to know how to live it better than you. I was only saying that there may be an alternative to starting threads like this one when Christians make a point of troubling you because of your choices.

frank317:
i simply challenged u to tell me just tow things u enjoy in THIS life as a christian that i dont enjoy as an atheist. if there is none, tell me there is non. your answer above has nothing to do with my question.
I already answered that.

frank317:
you are doing a good job being a christian and i am also doing a good job being a atheist. pls what two things about life as a christian makes you better than me, an atheist.
It is for the Lord to decide whether or not I am doing a good job as a Christian.

frank317:
you live ur life hoping for a better after life, i live my life not caring one bit after after life... what's the difference between me and u
What we call hope is confidence concerning something we cannot see yet. Just thought to explain that a little more.

My confusion is that you just stated the difference between you and me so I am not sure what you expect me to say in answer to your question.

frank317:
since u fast and pray, tell me two things about ur life that are better than mine.
As I said, fasting is imprudent and impractical for me although it is a very valuable exercise but, yes, I do pray.

frank317:
Christianity is all about Faith in Christ, and this is what you think i dont understand about Christianity? what else should i think Christianity is? what has this got to do with my question?
I was only explaining that Christianity is not a checklist of activities as you seemed to me to think it is.

frank317:
ok... so what two things do you have as a christian that i dont have as an atheist.

pls answer my question... thanks
My answer was in my first post.
Re: The God Challenge by CAPSLOCKED: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Truth that we Christians follow.......

LOL
CHRISTIANS ALWAYS SPEAK OF "THE TRUTH"..
AND WHEN YOU PAY ATTENTION TO HEAR THIS TRUTH YOU'LL DISCOVER IT'S THE USUAL SIMILAR NONSENSE THEIR PARENTS AND PREACHERS PUT IN THEIR HEADS. cheesy

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
hahn:
For as long as I can remember I have never really believed in any god. I always felt embarrassed when I was in church because it always seemed like I was doing something stupid.

Since I dumped God in the trash where it belongs I can boldly say my life has gotten better. I take responsibility of my affairs and I don't live in fear of an almighty God whose sole purpose is to burn people in hell just because it likes the smell of suya.

I am also happily married with a beautiful son and he just turned one yesterday and from what I project life is only going to get better.

All that time wasted praying to a god is better spent playing with my son, building my businesses and meditating on building my empire and creating the best life for my family.

There is only one place God belongs and that is in the

You know, I pondered on this before opening the thread... Why so much noise about God when its absolutely useless for our survival or better life.

Its not enough that God cannot be seen, heard or even felt... He is also useless in our daily life... Why so much noise about something so meaningless?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The God Challenge by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

You know, I pondered on this before opening the thread... Why so much noise about God when its absolutely useless for our survival or better life.

Its not enough that God cannot be seen, heard or even felt... He is also useless in our daily life... Why so much noise about something so meaningless?
I wonder o
Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

It's your life. I don't presume to know how to live it better than you. I was only saying that there may be an alternative to starting threads like this one when Christians make a point of troubling you because of your choices.
This is not what the thread is all about.

I already answered that.
No u haven't. Ur response actually suggested God is useless to this life but Christian only hold unto him for hope of internal life... U are here to believe and suffer for Christ while hoping for a better after life. U have said nothing to show ur life as a christian will be better than mine as an atheist.
In fact, I challenge you to name one thing (instead of 2) that makes ur life on earth better as a christian than mine as an atheist.

It is for the Lord to decide whether or not I am doing a good job as a Christian.
OK... So back to my question.

What we call hope is confidence concerning something we cannot see yet. Just thought to explain that a little more.

My confusion is that you just stated the difference between you and me so I am not sure what you expect me to say in answer to your question.
Oga how does ur hoping in after life and me not caring about after life make u a better human than me.

As I said, fasting is imprudent and impractical for me although it is a very valuable exercise but, yes, I do pray.
Errrr... Still waiting for my answer

I was only explaining that Christianity is not a checklist of activities as you seemed to me to think it is.
I know what Christianity is

My answer was in my first post.
No u havent

2 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL
CHRISTIANS ALWAYS SPEAK OF "THE TRUTH"..
AND WHEN YOU PAY ATTENTION TO HEAR THIS TRUTH YOU'LL DISCOVER IT'S THE USUAL SIMILAR NONSENSE THEIR PARENTS AND PREACHERS PUT IN THEIR HEADS. cheesy
To them truth is what ever they think its right.
Re: The God Challenge by hahn(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

It would seem that humans crave subjugation, to quote Loki, and we always look for something to serve and worship be it politicians, pastors, imams, celebrities or a god. This craving blocks our mind from reasoning and that is why you see many people proudly claiming they are sheep.

They feel they are not worth great things and even when they do achieve great things they would rather attribute it to a "higher power" and the mystery behind a hide and seek god aids this self condemnation.

Hypocrisy is also a factor as religion enables theists do bad things in the name of their god.

It is a complex psychological issue

4 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by Ihedinobi3: 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

This is not what the thread is all about.
I have no concept what you mean here.

frank317:
No u haven't. Ur response actually suggested God is useless to this life but Christian only hold unto him for hope of internal life... U are here to believe and suffer for Christ while hoping for a better after life. U have said nothing to show ur life as a christian will be better than mine as an atheist.
In fact, I challenge you to name one thing (instead of 2) that makes ur life on earth better as a christian than mine as an atheist.

OK... So back to my question.

Oga how does ur hoping in after life and me not caring about after life make u a better human than me.

Errrr... Still waiting for my answer

No u havent
I refer you again to my first post. I made no claims regarding having a better life here on earth. In fact, I told you that if you have such a wonderful life here on earth without God and like it too, then it makes no sense to be so troubled about what Christians believe and try to push on you. Your whole concern is what you can get in this life and you have got it and are getting it. You should be happy and unconcerned about whatever it is we Christians are so gung-ho about. That was what I told you.

Then I told you explicitly that this life is a war for Christians, a test and a labor so we have a harder time of it than unbelievers do. So, it is not about this life for us but about the world to come. But you interpreted that to mean that God is useless for this life and I told you that that was the wrong way to read what I said. Clearly, Christians would not survive this war without God's Help. Some, like yourself for example, have given up and just deserted Christ's Army and joined up with the Enemy to actively attack and damage the Church now. Many more are just avoiding the fight but refusing to fully desert themselves, that is, they are incredibly lukewarm. The very few who take it seriously enough to really push hard for progress are not having anything like an easy time in this life. They wouldn't last a moment without God's Help. And God helps them in a vast number of ways with jobs or economic support in one form or another, family and friends, sometimes devoted spouses and whatnot. God gives them just the right sort of help they need to keep marching forward. So, of course, God is critical to them in this life. They don't think the world is all that even if you do. But they are not irresponsible Luddites either. They live life in this world like responsible people and try to get what good gifts God gives to soothe the pain of this world but more than that they fight for a far better world than this one can ever be.

I'm not sure then how else I can answer you.

frank317:
I know what Christianity is.
Your words seemed to me to suggest otherwise.
Re: The God Challenge by hahn(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Then I told you explicitly that this life is a war for Christians, a test and a labor so we have a harder time of it than unbelievers do.

Then what use is your god if you have to suffer more than unbelievers? undecided

1 Like

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
hahn:

It would seem that humans crave subjugation, to quote Loki, and we always look for something to serve and worship be it politicians, pastors, imams, celebrities or a god. This craving blocks our mind from reasoning and that is why you see many people proudly claiming they are sheep.

They feel they are not worth great things and even when they do achieve great things they would rather attribute it to a "higher power" and the mystery behind a hide and seek god aids this self condemnation.

Hypocrisy is also a factor as religion enables theists do bad things in the name of their god.

It is a complex psychological issue

Perfectly written... Been a while

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The God Challenge by Ihedinobi3: 8:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
hahn:

Then what use is your god if you have to suffer more than unbelievers? undecided
You ignored the answer in that very post just to ask me the question again?! Do you have nothing else to do with your time?
Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I refer you again to my first post. I made no claims regarding having a better life here on earth.
Here lies my answer. So worshiping is just usless to humans while on earth. Except the hope u have for heaven l, which makes not difference to our life in the long run while on earth.

In fact, I told you that if you have such a wonderful life here on earth without God and like it too, then it makes no sense to be so troubled about what Christians believe and try to push on you.
We have been over this and I believe I have given u the response that best fits this... U are not in the position to tell me how I react to christian behavior towards me.

Your whole concern is what you can get in this life and you have got it and are getting it. You should be happy and unconcerned about whatever it is we Christians are so gung-ho about. That was what I told you.
Off point

Then I told you explicitly that this life is a war for Christians, a test and a labor so we have a harder time of it than unbelievers do. So, it is not about this life for us but about the world to come.
Is a life of war supposed to prove that u live a better life as a christian than an atheist? So the reason why Christian preach to non believers is to invite them to a life of war, test labour and harder times while u wait for a world to come? What kind of life is that?

But you interpreted that to mean that God is useless for this life and I told you that that was the wrong way to read what I said. Clearly, Christians would not survive this war without God's Help. Some, like yourself for example, have given up and just deserted Christ's Army and joined up with the Enemy to actively attack and damage the Church now. Many more are just avoiding the fight but refusing to fully desert themselves, that is, they are incredibly lukewarm. The very few who take it seriously enough to really push hard for progress are not having anything like an easy time in this life. They wouldn't last a moment without God's Help. And God helps them in a vast number of ways with jobs or economic support in one form or another, family and friends, sometimes devoted spouses and whatnot. God gives them just the right sort of help they need to keep marching forward. So, of course, God is critical to them in this life. They don't think the world is all that even if you do. But they are not irresponsible Luddites either. They live life in this world like responsible people and try to get what good gifts God gives to soothe the pain of this world but more than that they fight for a far better world than this one can ever be.
In other words an atheist can live same life u live as a Christian even without Gods help. However a christian lives a live of hardship , labour , war and test but God gives him a help to go through the test... (He he, god tests u and helps u go through the test) and also help them to live the same life an atheists lives without God... Christianity sounds like a bad option here don't u think?

Your words seemed to me to suggest otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 9:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

You ignored the answer in that very post just to ask me the question again?! Do you have nothing else to do with your time?
Your answer in the post did not Christianity is a better life that than atheism... The reason why Christians need God (according to ur post) is to help them through a life of war, test, and hardship... Something an atheist does not have to go through to live same fulfilled life every Christian crave for

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The God Challenge by hahn(m): 9:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

The only conclusion is that your god is useless since you suffer even more than people who don't believe in it.

Lol. I only replied your comment and you think you are that important. Typical delusional behavior grin
Re: The God Challenge by hahn(m): 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

Perfectly written... Been a while

Been on my grind o jare. Just another boring Sunday cheesy
Re: The God Challenge by Ihedinobi3: 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

Here lies my answer. So worshiping is just usless to humans while on earth. Except the hope u have for heaven l, which makes not difference to our life in the long run while on earth.
I am human incidentally. And so are all the Christians I spoke of. And I described how believing in Jesus Christ makes a difference to our lives. I don't see the connection between that and what you say here.

frank317:
We have been over this and I believe I have given u the response that best fits this... U are not in the position to tell me how I react to christian behavior towards me.
The fact that I point out an inconsistency in your actions and words us not the same as telling you what to do.

frank317:
Off point
How so?

frank317:
Is a life of war supposed to prove that u live a better life as a christian than an atheist? So the reason why Christian preach to non believers is to invite them to a life of war, test labour and harder times while u wait for a world to come? What kind of life is that?
I would have to make an argument that we live a better life in order to be proving it, would I not? Have I made such an argument so far?

We call unbelievers to escape the sure Anger of God that is coming. That is what leads to the whole war. But the war is necessary to separate those who really want to be with God from those who don't.

frank317:
In other words an atheist can live same life u live as a Christian even without Gods help. However a christian lives a live of hardship , labour , war and test but God gives him a help to go through the test... (He he, god tests u and helps u go through the test) and also help them to live the same life an atheists lives without God... Christianity sounds like a bad option here don't u think?
The life a believer lives and the one that an atheist lives are different. The principles governing them are diametrically opposed to each other.

frank317:
Perhaps. I just didn't see that you did from what you said.
Re: The God Challenge by Ihedinobi3: 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2018
frank317:

Your answer in the post did not Christianity is a better life that than atheism... The reason why Christians need God (according to ur post) is to help them through a life of war, test, and hardship... Something an atheist does not have to go through to live same fulfilled life every Christian crave for
The majority of Christians do indeed crave the sweet things of this life even to the point of going AWOL in the army. But the craving is not itself consistent with the Faith. So, it is not actually right to think that we become Christians because we crave this "fulfilled life" you refer to. Rather, Christians drop out of the fight mostly because they crave this "fulfilled life".
Re: The God Challenge by LordReed(m): 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
DeSepiero:

Gaining the world for a soul that doesn't exist is a pretty good deal. LMFAO!

1 Like

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I am human incidentally. And so are all the Christians I spoke of. And I described how believing in Jesus Christ makes a difference to our lives. I don't see the connection between that and what you say here.
What difference does believing in Jesus Christ make that makes ur life better as a Christian than mine as an atheist.

The fact that I point out an inconsistency in your actions and words us not the same as telling you what to do.
I am reacting Christian preaching all around me all day... Let it go... This has nothing to do with the op.

I would have to make an argument that we live a better life in order to be proving it, would I not? Have I made such an argument so far?
So what's ur argument? That u live better or not?

We call unbelievers to escape the sure Anger of God that is coming. That is what leads to the whole war. But the war is necessary to separate those who really want to be with God from those who don't.
Anger of God that is coming... In another news Christians will b like 'god does not put anyone in hell people chose to go there' what's he going to be angy for exactly?
All these are not what I am asking u sha... It seems there is nothing,not even one thing Christians enjoy on earth as Christians that atheists don't.

The life a believer lives and the one that an atheist lives are different. The principles governing them are diametrically opposed to each other.
I know, that's why I am asking u the benefit of one over the other. Me think there is not difference hence I am wondering why anyone would bother about a seemingly useless God.

2 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

The majority of Christians do indeed crave the sweet things of this life even to the point of going AWOL in the army. But the craving is not itself consistent with the Faith. So, it is not actually right to think that we become Christians because we crave this "fulfilled life" you refer to. Rather, Christians drop out of the fight mostly because they crave this "fulfilled life".
Lie... All Christians I know crave for a fulfilled life... They pray for good health, wealth, children and prosperity... How else can one not be fulfilled with all these?

3 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by DeSepiero(m): 1:55am On Nov 19, 2018
LordReed:

Gaining the world for a soul that doesn't exist is a pretty good deal. LMFAO!

Of course a bird at hand is worth two in the bush [laughs].

2 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by LordReed(m): 4:53am On Nov 19, 2018
DeSepiero:

Of course a bird at hand is worth two in the bush [laughs].

A bird that doesn't exist that you can sell for profit is the sweetest deal.
Re: The God Challenge by frank317: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2018
Reading hahn's inputs one would wonder if humans ain't naturally foolish. This thread shows it all. The God idea has not helped man in anyway, why stick to it, preach it, allow ursef to conned by it and lose urself for it.
Christians wallow in the delusion that something special has happened to them for believing in the creator... A look at their life reveals nothing special. They hustle like a none believer and are at the mercy of chance like the unbeliever.
So, according to ihedinobi, Christians are only here to suffer, fight war, get tested and the only importance of God is to help them through this test but they still go through these things all the same.
Hr said Christianity means faith in Christ, i think is should mean, suffer and hope for a better life in the word to come

4 Likes

Re: The God Challenge by LordReed(m): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2018
frank317:
Reading hahn's inputs one would wonder if humans ain't naturally foolish. This thread shows it all. The God idea has not helped man in anyway, why stick to it, preach it, allow ursef to conned by it and lose urself for it.
Christians wallow in the delusion that something special has happened to them for believing in the creator... A look at their life reveals nothing special. They hustle like a none believer and are at the mercy of chance like the unbeliever.
So, according to ihedinobi, Christians are only here to suffer, fight war, get tested and the only importance of God is to help them through this test but they still go through these things all the same.
Hr said Christianity means faith in Christ, i think is should mean, suffer and hope for a better life in the word to come

All of the suffering for the hope of an afterlife nobody has any strong evidence of. Men are naturally scared of death but its no reason to imagine an afterlife and hold strongly to it.

Even home sellers will allow you see a picture of the home to entice you meanwhile no picture of the so called mansions in heaven. I should start selling invisible houses to Christians, maybe market dey.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cartoons That Explain The Message Of The Gospel / You Want 10% On My Gross Income ? Daylight Robbery !!!! / Ash Wednesday: The Beginning Of Lent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 197
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.