Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2014 Views)

Is Hellfire Enough Deterrent For Sin? / The Only Antidote For Sin / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by henrixx(m): 9:26pm On Nov 25, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
The ideal punishment of God for sinners would be to totally seperate them from himself(any thing that is from God) because they choose to live a life void of God...
If a person is finally seperated from God then he is CUT OFF FROM EVERY VIRTUE OR GOODNESS that is from God. God is the source of peace,so in hell no one enjoys peace,he is d source of comfort hence no comfort in hell, he gives pleasure hence there is no pleasure in hell
So my point is Gods ultimate punishment for sinners is to SEPERATE THEM FROM HIM AND EVERY GOOD THING THAT COMES FROM HIM so hell is a place devoid of anything from or of God!!
sorry i think youre quite off. Kindly take a look at the topic of discussion again.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
The ideal punishment of God for sinners would be to totally seperate them from himself(any thing that is from God) because they choose to live a life void of God...
If a person is finally seperated from God then he is CUT OFF FROM EVERY VIRTUE OR GOODNESS that is from God. God is the source of peace,so in hell no one enjoys peace,he is d source of comfort hence no comfort in hell, he gives pleasure hence there is no pleasure in hell
So my point is Gods ultimate punishment for sinners is to SEPERATE THEM FROM HIM AND EVERY GOOD THING THAT COMES FROM HIM so hell is a place devoid of anything from or of God!!
Yes sir. This is what God has done. He separates Sinners from Himself, but there's no other place for the souls of the dead sinners to stay but in hell.

If you are taken away from where the Warmed and the Light of the sun will reach you, where do you think you'll be? Is there a place between warmth and cold? You are either here or there.

Hmm. Accept the Life Christ is offering now o. When you stand before Him, you won't have the chance to debate.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by henrixx(m): 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
A man refuses to live a life seperate from God for his lifetime and God allow him to continue that way for eternity, everything about hell is all about a place where people exist without God and any Good virtue/gift that is from God!!
bro you are trying to mark hell look like a soft place

The bible severallly refer to it as a fiery place with blazing fire. Thats what it is. Not just a place where good things from God is absent
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by henrixx(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2018
Anas09:

No, this is not what the Bible says. If you insist then, pls lets consider some scriptures to that effect.

Bring it on.
ofcos its not in the bible, was only referring to someone who posted using the scenario

Youve displayed reasonable knowledge here bro. Can you help me on my question posed in the original post
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2018
henrixx:

The bible severallly refer to it as a fiery place with blazing fire. Thats what it is. Not just a place where good things from God is absent
hell is not only a place where "good things from God is absent" its a place where the OPPOSITE of those things are present, so instead of joy from God there is miserable pain instead of comfort there is torment, again thats what u get when u choose to stay away from God in Your lifetime!!
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by studM(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
okwabayi:
I advice one should live life to the best of their ability and stop worrying about the afterlife.
I never existed for millions of years and found no problem with it. Why should I care if I disappear back to non-existence again?

For those who caused the pain and death of millions, they should get a specific sentence of years for the lives taken. After then they can go to Heaven or wherever people go after their sentence is finished.
I don’t see why my punishment for lying to get between a girl’s thighs should carry the same gravity as setting off a nuke in a city.

For unto us it is given to know d mystries of d kingdom,but unto dem dt r without it is written in parables...indeed d natural man recvs not d things of d spirit,for they r foolishness unto him,neither can he knw de,cuz they r spiritually discerned,..dear lord,i thank u for ur grace at work in me!!!
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 10:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
henrixx:
ofcos its not in the bible, was only referring to someone who posted using the scenario

Youve displayed reasonable knowledge here bro. Can you help me on my question posed in the original post
The link pls.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by henrixx(m): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
Anas09:

The link pls.
read the original post of the OP
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Deckline(m): 8:15am On Nov 26, 2018
LordReed:

How is it fair is the question? You hold your god fair for meting out the same punishment for a single lie as for murder? If it was an earthly judge will you call it fair?
That is why he forgives all sin no matter how gruesome it is.
Anas09,I think you misinterpreted what i meant.
If a christian of twenty years dies in one sin... He is going to hell if he doesn't ask for forgiveness.
For it to have been termed as sin,God must have judged your intentions and found you wanting. Even your conscience would tell on you but God is merciful.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by sonmvayina(m): 11:08am On Nov 26, 2018
DiCresident:

heaven is for those that obtain and maintain salvation then hell is for those that don't. Heaven is filled with GOD's Goodness then Hell is the opposite

Have you personally met people who has been to those places or it just what you believe to make you happy with your self..
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2018
Deckline:

If a christian of twenty years dies in one sin... He is going to hell if he doesn't ask for forgiveness.
For it to have been termed as sin,God must have judged your intentions and found you wanting. Even your conscience would tell on you but God is merciful.
If you would, it will pass you True Christianity, when you read it, you'd understand why One single offence can not send a Child of God to Hellfire.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 12:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
henrixx:
The topic of hell baffles me. Hell is said to be an eternal place for sinners. But i find it quite vague

For e.g someone dies at the age of 30, and the person died in sin and then goes to hell to spend an eternity

Dont we think the punishment is not proportionate to the offence?
@henrixx, i have answered this Op nah.

I said what takes this 30yr guy to hellfire is not the sins he committed as a human being, but his 'Dead Underlying Reality". Spiritually we humans are born dead, as we inherit the Adamic Nature of Sin. The sole reason Jesus came is to give us Spiritual life with which we can enter heaven with. But if that 30yrs old friend of urs, dies without accepting that Life, he'll be locked out, and outside of heaven is hell.

God is very fair, in that, irrespective of our rebellion, he didn't just leave us to find our way, He came to help us. Why not just accepting?. It really cost nothing but a lot of peace, joy and eternal life with him.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
henrixx:

Ermm, Henrixx, you know Spirits are destroyed only by burning them with fire. Do you watch Game of Thrones? It's not a godly movie, at least not Christian. But it shows how spirits are destroyed which is inline with the Bible. The 'Undead' are destroyed only by fire, Why? because only fire kills the dead spirits.

Hell was created for satan and demons because they are spirits, the Undead. Now, if man walks according to the ways of satan, he literary has chosen the fire of Hell. There's no reason, to bring fairness into it.
The fairness is the provision of Redemption.

And again, Hellfire is in Compartments. Trust me, if this your 30yr old guy dies with just Adamic Nature, yes he will go to hell, but he won't be close to Where Alister Crowley or Anton LAvey or Adolf Hitler and his gang of satanic atheists are.

Those who believed in God, but were careless to bear fruits cannot be in the community of angry devilish atheists who deny God because they love sin and fight Christians for being godly.

Sir, Heaven is like the world with sooo many communities and so is Hell. We go to the community of people who lived like we did.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
sonmvayina:

Have you personally met people who has been to those places or it just what you believe to make you happy with your self..
Goggle Emmanuel Swedenborg and everything about him. For close to 30yrs, this man lived an alternate lives. He was on earth and in the World of Spirits (Where the dead first goes before either proceeding to heaven or hell) at the same time, Seeing, hearing asking questions and writing what he saw and heard.

Interestingly, he was a Pure Scientist.

Read everything about him. Believing what you read will be left to you.

You can Goggle and read 'Heaven and Hell', by Emmanuel Swedenborg.

1 Like

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by sonmvayina(m): 12:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
Anas09:

Goggle Emmanuel Swedenborg and everything about him. For close to 30yrs, this man lived an alternate lives. He was on earth and in the World of Spirits (Where the dead first goes before either proceeding to heaven or hell) at the same time, Seeing, hearing asking questions and writing what he saw and heard.

I mean you, I don't believe everything I read or watch, a lot can be done to make money
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 1:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
sonmvayina:

I mean you, I don't believe everything I read or watch, a lot can be done to make money
Then have it your way.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
Deckline:

What I see is, god as conceptualized in the bible is a horrible judge.

1 Like

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2018
Anas09:

Before you begin to asking about the fairness of Eternal life in Hellfire, pls tell me. Is Hellfire created For man? Is your question coded to mean, 'How is it fair for satan to be cast into Hellfire eternally?'. What is your question truthfully?

Is your concern for man or satan?

All of those are fairy tales so I have no way of declaring anything about them other than my opinions on their logicality. As written, the entire tale is nonsensical.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
Anas09:

What sends you to Hellfire is not the lie you told, it's the nature of sin.

Lying is a Fruit, but there's a Tree which bore that fruit, it's called 'The Sinful nature'. This we all picked from Adam. If died with it, you'd die twice and get separated from God. The absence of Light is darkness. The Absence of Heat is cold, the absence of Heaven is Hellfire, the absence of God is satan. Choose.

We keep saying this to you people, it's either you choose not to hear or there's a mechanism inside of you guys which deletes this info. God sends no one to Hellfire, you choose to go by your own volition. You can't eat your cake and have it.

Right now, you have chosen to stand against Christ, the one who offers you the new life which you need to enter heaven, Instead of accepting it for free, you reject it but cry wolf.

Sir, when you die, na with your leg you go waka enter hellfire, as na with your mind you dey fight Christ now.

LoL! This is as important as a child telling me Santa will not give me any present this Christmas.

1 Like

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Deckline(m): 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
LordReed:

What I see is god as conceptualized in the bible is a horrible judge.
Suit yourself reed. Just die first,your doubts will cleared.

1 Like

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
Deckline:

Suit yourself reed. Just die first,your doubts will cleared.

LoL! Death doesn't scare me just so you know. I take comfort from the fact that I knew nothing before I was born and I will know nothing when I am dead.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Deckline(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Death doesn't scare me just so you know. I take comfort from the fact that I knew nothing before I was born and I will know nothing when I am dead.
Oya... Terminator renown grin grin Okay na.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
Anas09:

It culminated in a 'spiritual awakening' in which he received a revelation that he was appointed by the Lord Jesus Christ to write The Heavenly Doctrine to reform Christianity.[6] According to The Heavenly Doctrine, the Lord had opened Swedenborg's spiritual eyes so that from then on, he could freely visit heaven and hell to converse with angels, demons and other spirits and the Last Judgment had already occurred the year before, in 1757.[7]

So what happened to all these things Jesus revealed to this guy? If you had not mentioned him I properly would never have heard of him and I have never heard him mentioned in Christian circles. Whatever he wrote must have not had any lasting impact. Point being if this is revelation from god why does it not have any impact?
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Ihedinobi3: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'RE GOING TO HELL JUST FOR BEING BORN IN THE FIRST PLACE, UNLESS YOU'RE BAPTIZED BY THE CHRISTIANS. cheesy
What part of the Bible teaches this?

1 Like

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Ihedinobi3: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
The main problem with understanding Eternal Condemnation is that the meaning of sin is not commonly taught even in churches.

Sin is rebellion against God. In other words, sin is cosmic treason.

What that means is that even a little white lie is a deliberate effort to dethrone God and even kill Him if one could manage it.

No human government on earth or in history (at least, none that I know of, and if there is any which is different, they would be very weird indeed) punishes treason with anything less than summary execution.

Treason compromises the security of a nation and the government that rules it. So every ruler is extremely aggressive toward it.

Therefore, Eternal Death is just for everyone who rebels against God.

Now, it may be argued that human governments kill you for treason and that is that so why doesn't God kill you and that would be that?

The answer there is that human governments and nations die just like traitors. But God is eternal. Rebellion against God then is not an effort to kill God (although the attack on the Lord Jesus Christ to kill Him is obvious proof that if the rebellious angels and men could, they would definitely kill God and take over His Creation) but one invariably to rob Him of all that He takes pleasure in and isolate Him if possible. It is actually impossible to properly define what treason against an eternal God really is because God Himself is impossible to fully define. But it is obvious that such treason is an eternal offense, not a temporal one. So the idea that the lie took a second to tell misses the point. The lie was an attack on God's Eternal Sovereignty over Creation and it is therefore an eternal offense.

For this reason at least, eternity in the Lake of Fire is just punishment for anyone who sins against God.

However, not one human being will be in the Lake of Fire because they sinned. By that I do not mean that it is not because of sin that the Lake of Fire exists. It very much is. But every sin ever committed by human beings or which is being committed this very moment or will be has been completely paid for by the Sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ when He gave Himself up to a spiritual Death that we simply cannot fully understand on the Cross of Calvary.

Because every sin has been paid for, all human beings are automatically saved until they reject the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ or refuse to accept it when they are told of it. So, being born in sin does not condemn anyone to the Lake of Fire.

Those who will be in the Lake of Fire, therefore, will be there because they rejected God's Offer of Reconciliation through Jesus Christ completely.

As to what the Lake of Fire is, it is a literal Lake of Fire full of Darkness and Misery and Pain and Regret. It is truly an absence of all of God's Blessings. But even more than that, it is the Presence of all His Curses. And it is a just punishment against rebellion against Him. As long as anyone persists in rebellion, that is where they are sure to go and God will be completely justified in sending them there for all Eternity.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Aaronsrod: 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

As to what the Lake of Fire is, it is a literal Lake of Fire full of Darkness and Misery and Pain and Regret. It is truly an absence of all of God's Blessings. But even more than that, it is the Presence of all His Curses. And it is a just punishment against rebellion against Him. As long as anyone persists in rebellion, that is where they are sure to go and God will be completely justified in sending them there for all Eternity.

O Christians!

Let us rejoice!

As their tortures shall be neverending on the Lake of Fire so shall be our joy in infinite obedience.

Praise Him.

It is well!

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 8:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Aaronsrod:

O Christians!

Let us rejoice!

As their tortures shall be neverending on the Lake of Fire so shall be our joy in infinite obedience.

Praise Him.

It is well!

LMFAO! Its funny how it always comes out how orgasmically you folks are at the prospect of people burning forever. Funny and disgusting at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
LordReed:

So what happened to all these things Jesus revealed to this guy? If you had not mentioned him I properly would never have heard of him and I have never heard him mentioned in Christian circles. Whatever he wrote must have not had any lasting impact. Point being if this is revelation from god why does it not have any impact?
The value i have for a grub, is the value i have for LordReed. I stopped reading your posts. I stopped quoting you. As far as i'm concerned, you are dead.

R.I.P. LordReed. Pls stay dead.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Aaronsrod: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
Anas09:

The value i have for a grub, is the value i have for LordReed. I stopped reading your posts. I stopped quoting you. As far as i'm concerned, you are dead.

He shall surely die...

...to awaken to the infinite agonies of the flames eternal.

So shall it be for all Sinners.

Take peace and comfort in this, my friend.

God is good.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by Anas09: 9:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
Aaronsrod:

He shall surely die...

God is good.
Yes my brother. LordReed is just drawing air. He already lives in the part of Hell commensurate to his affection and activities on earth. It's a matter of time before the breath in him shall cease, then he'd know a grub is even more valuable than him. For the grub shall not experience the flames, but, he will.
Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 4:57am On Nov 29, 2018
Anas09:

LMFAO! Oh my days! Sorry honey but if wishes were horses, beggars would be riding G-Wagon. I will die when I die but never at your wishes so see you around. LoL!

1 Like

Re: How Is Eternity In Hell A Fair Punishment For Sin? by LordReed(m): 4:58am On Nov 29, 2018
Aaronsrod:

He shall surely die...

God is good.

LoL! How many times have you orgasmed thinking about this? LMFAO!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Series: The Ten Year Plan 2020-2029: A Decadal Blueprint For Global Impact / Corona: Rain In Wuhan, China TB Joshua Prophecy / If The World Ends today Then What Happens To The Other Planets ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.