Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

Osun Governor Aregbesola Claim He 'didnt Collect Salary' while in office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Governor Aregbesola Claim He 'didnt Collect Salary' while in office (233 Views)

Buhari Cant Understand Students Plight Because He Didnt Go To University -sowore / Reno Omokri: Soldiers Can Kill ANY Southeast Man & Claim He Was An ESN/IPOB/UGM / Atiku Responds To Apc’s Claim He’s Cameroonian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun Governor Aregbesola Claim He 'didnt Collect Salary' while in office by Youngbbt: 9:12am On Nov 18, 2018
The outgoing governor of a state in south-west Nigeria says he has not been paid a salary during the eight years he spent in office.
Osun governor Rauf Aregbesola told an audience that he needed no money because the state fed him, transported him and gave him accommodation.
"With all these, I don't need money," he said.
His words were met with scepticism on social media as many people accused him of lying.
Nigerian officials' expenses have been in the spotlight recently, after it was revealed that senators are entitled to monthly expenses of over 13 times more than their salaries.
A former governor said at the time that Nigerians would be even angrier to find out what money governors had access to.
One social media user mused whether Mr Aregbesola thought he was "talking to underaged sucklings", while another asked: "How did that ease the suffering of the common man?"
He wrote on his social media account saying-
The State feeds me, fuels my car and covers my other expenses. This is why I see no reason to earn a salary.
I have no house save the one I built before I became governor of Osun.
#OgbeniTillDayBreak
— Rauf Aregbesola (@raufaregbesola) November 17, 2018
Mr Aregbesola will be replaced in the role at the end of the month.
His successor Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, who was previously his chief of staff, won a closely-fought election in September.

nairalander do u believe this.... please drop your take on this statement

Re: Osun Governor Aregbesola Claim He 'didnt Collect Salary' while in office by Abdulhakeem78(m): 9:19am On Nov 18, 2018
The State feeds me, fuels my car and covers my other expenses. This is why I see no reason to earn a salary.

This statement above seems a mythomaniac lie, much so, am not calling Mr Gomina a ..... grin
Re: Osun Governor Aregbesola Claim He 'didnt Collect Salary' while in office by PlsBanMe: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2018
Maybe this is the reason he thought civil servants do not deserve their pay in full and as at when due.

You can't give what you don't have.

(1) (Reply)

Johnathan Publishes A Book On Nigerian Elections See Highlights / Top Ten Things That Will Take Place When Nigeria Is Restructured / Osinbajo Will Not Be Distracted– Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.