Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

"I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu (56175 Views)

Is This Why Ooni Of Ife Is Marrying Several Wives? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife / Meet Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni Of Ife's New Wife (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by decub: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
...but there are certain things Ooni shouldn't say; if you ask me.

I can still remember what the guard told us the day we went for excursion that year; there are things we don't say, this place is revered!

1 Like

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by naijaboiy: 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
NessaBoo:

Its not just stereotypical, its scientifically proven, left-handers have a larger corpus callosum, the bundle of nerve cells connecting the two brain hemispheres, which suggests that "left-handers have an enhanced connectivity between the two hemispheres and hence superior information processing", making them faster at processing information than those with a right-hand preference.
Hmmm...how did you know this? Did you study anything that has to do with the brain?

And what is corpus callosum? Please enlighten.
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by AndLeo(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
Funky Ooni. I used to be afraid of Ooni but this one has demystify Ooni.
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 18, 2018
Weird.
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by chris99(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
WHICH KAIN TRADITION ABI IN DA FEAR
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Spain007(m): 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
Timil:
Why is the pope always putting on a papal tiara or hat anywhere he is or why are your pastors always using white collar's or why are your imam's always putting on turbans?.

We are always so quick to criticize our own culture and religions but always so quick to celebrate and embrace the cultures and religions of the western world.

Africans especially Nigerian's will always and forever be enslaved to the whites and arabs as long as you practice and embrace their nonsense religions and cultures.

Mk person hear word abeg....d guy just asked a simple question,since u don't ve d right answer then save us d sermon.

4 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by chiedozie198100: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Why is this man very childish?
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
This one na bros no be ooni undecided
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Burger01(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
Timil:
Why is the pope always putting on a papal tiara or hat anywhere he is or why are your pastors always using white collar's or why are your imam's always putting on turbans?.

We are always so quick to criticize our own culture and religions but always so quick to celebrate and embrace the cultures and religions of the western world.

Africans especially Nigerian's will always and forever be enslaved to the whites and arabs as long as you practice and embrace their nonsense religions and cultures.
Oh come off it. The dude wasn't criticizing culture or whatever. Like myself, he was only curious and sought exposure and explanation reason behind the ooni getting covered alighting from his car.. haba!

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Born2Breed(f): 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
Holy Holy Holy!!!!

Sanctifus Purificus!!!

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by frozen70(f): 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
That means, he knows what he is doing when he choose a prophet as a wife

Combining physical and spiritual forces together

Our God is a patient God
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Gptins(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nigerians way too funny
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Nicknamed123: 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Timil:

ah...� why the rant......the guy just asked a question
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by kellyboo: 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
Naija!

@ KSK SOLAR SYSTEMS we are committee and have the technical know how to provide you with an alternative power supply via solar power systems. See my signature for more info
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by AngelicBeing: 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Adek15(m): 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2018
Bidobado1:

How can a Fvcking 20th century King come up with some of the shiit he said.
King of a zoo with no water, electricity, security.. GTFOH.
20th century? Hahahahaha.. Guess you went back in time. greet Fela for me o grin
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by scarybeeeee: 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
deco22:
Spirit wife...Creepy dude.
I don't know why,but I laughed real good. grin
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by SURElee(f): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Why do I feel that the spiritual Olori and wife he meant is the former Olori to the late Ooni of Ife. When a king dies, sebi their wives remain in the palace and become concubines to the new king.

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by vioment: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Yawns. But i like the part about how you got into college on merit. It is believable in my opinion.

For your information, the yoruba race no be today, and i no too believe your ancestor story. The thinking be say, oyibo fit favor your linage along the line of the yoruba story before the current nigeria was formed.
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by flyingdutchman(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Bidobado1:

How can a Fvcking 20th century King come up with some of the shiit he said.
King of a zoo with no water, electricity, security.. GTFOH.
And you had to quote that lengthy shit to make your point! You be real Cockroach!
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by SimSify(m): 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=Timil post=73076889] Why is the pope always putting on a papal tiara or hat anywhere he is or why are your pastors always using white collar's or why are your imam's always putting on turbans?.

Africans especially Nigerian's will always and forever be enslaved to the whites and arabs as long as you practice and embrace their nonsense religions and cultures.[/quote brother its just a question ooo.. dont you know the difference between criticism and question..na wa ooo
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by nwakaibeya1: 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
All marriages are suspect till the ancient world,kingdom of justice clears them spiritually? Love and marriage are highly spiritual and you must conquer love � spiritually before the physical because so many people in relationship or marriage are not spiritually compatible,some people are snakes �and chimpanzees and birds � spiritually in human form and are having relationship with dogs �and monkeys � and cats � in human form how would such relationships or marriages work?so many people in relationships and marriages are also married or hold relationships in the spiritual world and the spiritual never allows the physical relationship to make head way,even when it escapes or manages to flow or even have children in them its always problematic and that's why you see so many marriages crash within days or two months or years thereabout because the spiritual was not dealt with powerfully as it should before the physical and those teaching about marriages and relationships and even contracting marriages as prophets and pastors are always canal and blind spiritually and have no unbelievable power to deal the spiritual and are even blind folded hence many people who talk about love and marriage and relationships don't understand the spiritual they just teach just like bible school theology, whereas the spiritual remain a mirage to them and even if an opportunity arises they will never learn the spiritual they are comfortable with what some one somewhere has cooked up in spiritual ignorance to teach them and even when you say divorce they are the first to quote what God has joined together let no man put asunder what of the ones evil prophets and pastors or so called unbelievers etc joined together if we should say there are good prophets and pastor's ?where did you even see God to join them together?So many people don't understand the parables of the bible and the circumstances surrounding so many quotes of the bible or quotes of Jesus Christ,but they just quote to suit their stand point or positions why? Behold,so many people don't understand their village parables but they claim to understand the parables of Jesus Christ the owner of parables how can that be whereas those who met Jesus Christ physically when he came before didn't understand him?what a world and that's why matter how you try to declare the truth and Revelation of Jesus Christ they will never understand but prefer to remain in ignorance and that's why now that we have come back it is accept our truth or perish ,no apologies and truth remains the best friend if time for us to know who is who evil or good � and that time is already here .watch out.be wise and think if you hear what you have never heard before and help yourself before its too late .power talks and not Genesis to Revelation stories as is the norm and if you must know divorce is in your bible Ezra 10,1-end. Mathew 13,13-15
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by dilini(m): 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
BTW no one asked what the duties of the palace spiritual Olori are??
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by MzTunechi(f): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
grin grin grin weirdo king. That explains everything
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by salford1: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
It's just a tradition that has existed for 100's of years at the oduduwas palace. They also do shaku shaku with the permanent queen as part of the coronation rite. This is common knowledge to folks from ife.
The queen being referred to actually turned into a figurine (in the palace) and never died.
Long live the king.
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2018
salford1:
It's just a tradition that has existed for 100's of years at the oduduwas palace. They also do shaku shaku with the permanent queen as part of the coronation rite. This is common knowledge to folks from ife.
The queen being referred to actually turned into a figurine (in the palace). She never died.

Please explain
Re: "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu by salford1: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
sexybaby22:

Please explain
What other explanation do you need. If you go on tour at the palace, you would be shown her shrine i.e the spot where she transformed. What the king said is 100% true. Just the same way oranmiyan dropped his staff and dissapeared in a bush behind the palace. The spot where he dissapeared also has been turned into a shrine. Ife is a mysterious city.
You can also tell them to explain what happened to Adekola during his coronation rite that paved the way for Ademiluyi to be king. Magun things.
Ife has a very rich history.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ijaw Bride Who Was Frowning At Her Wedding Says It’s Tradition / Learn How To Speak Hausa Language In Two Days (TUTORIALS) / The 8 Most Popular Indigenous Nigerian Wedding Attires And Bridal Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.