Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (296909 Views)

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million And How? / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
greggng:
They won't be honest ...lots of them made millions from Yahoo Yahoo including plus...but our people say what you get from the side of the pot goes to the side of the mouth....right now many of them are broke cos karma is at work

why would you think that?

Are you saying that it's not possible for a young Nigerian under 25/26 to make one million?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by aariwa(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2018
Focusmind:
I made my first million in 2009 as PTDF scholar in UK. I was being paid £500 every month by PTDF plus the initial £2000 given to me before departure. Not millions in pounds but when I converted as I was transferring my earnings to my Nigeria bank account

I practically didn't touch the money as I was also working as a cleaner in a hospital, earning £6 per hour. I worked 4 hours a day and unlimited hours during summer. So, I had sufficient money to cater for my needs.

I also did a care giver job at old people's home, cleaning their poo and bathing them at a rate of £8.5 per hour and was fed with all sorts of foods , cakes ice-cream, fruits and juices. I saved quite a lot before returning back to my beloved Naija
Wow wow wow u be real hustla o

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
When i was 20, not million but millions, selling drugs in Austria.. All those money don go now...

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by egwekwe: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
Izabel:
Highest money I've made is 50k

Sorry... You'll get there eventually.

You just need to accelerate your hustle and see yourself as a man. > grin

What's holding most Nigerian ladies from making millions is because of there mentality that a man is in charge of providing....

No man is better than you just that our mentality differs

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
Eddee:

22 After NYSC. Invested my savings + allowance on cheap whiskey from Aba and Onitsha and doubled my initial capital immediately.
oh wow!that business is a gold mine a lot of people don't know about.
But i do it between countries and i smuggle only expensive whiskey.
I am also a major rice smuggler,wood smuggler,fuel diverter and currency analyst!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Divay22:
Hmmm
It's gonna be a nice thread.. Lemme settle down here.

This thread is likely gonna make some people depress, lost and even sucidial.
But pls, Have it in mind that when it's time for the moon to shine the sun must surely give way... So if you're trying, keep trying it's never too late.
We all have a story.. Be patient enough to get it the right way so you can enjoy it and not the wrong way cause you just might not recover from it..

God bless us all.
And pray he grant your heart desires.

you have said it all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ak47young(m): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
20 in 400level thanks to MMM

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by olamilekan9(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
Lol last year...13k dols enter straight up (25yrs old sha)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by hustleranthem(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
realjidejamal:
26. From treasury bills.
please can you mentor me on this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
Raysolo:
Made my first million at 25,doing dropshipping of mobile phones from aliexpress,my biggest hurdle at first was how I could make payments and how i could get lots of clients.

Pls coach me

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
nwanneni:
I am also a major rice smuggler,wood smuggler,fuel diverter and currency analyst!

nwanne
smuggling dikwa risky o

Lee anya ofuma o.......

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by mathew247: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Press Press. my client been dey pay me $500 per month until one Ghanian guy tell me to ask her to open suntrust bank so we go load am,e cast then the Ghanian guy say make we collect her phone service details. I got lucky because she was using Verizon postpaid. na so we load phones,6 IPhone X. I sold one at 385,000naira. the only hurdle I get be say...when the phones reach Lagos. our custom guys say na 380,000naira I must pay to get those phones which I did after much borrow borrow. when the Verizon payment was due my client switched to AT&T.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by benjsniper33: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oyerinde16:
I was 26 serving in rivers state, I tot to myself, foodstuffs such as grains are expensive here, and cheaper in the north where I cane from, 2 months to end of NTSC, all my savings n borrow borrow I raised 330k send to my mom, God bless her, she went to market bought what money can buy sent it to me n my bixz was born, the hustle was real after service, I got a job in kwara, migrated leaving bixz for blue collar job with close to 1 mil, a mistake I regret to this day, made money from mmm, bought a car with lost 750k to mmm, with 550k in account lost my job April this early this year, fell back on 550k now I have less than 100k + side hustle, looking to raise capital n go back to ph, life is funny.

can you share the type of business you did with me? i am also a corper serving in Rivers state.
I will realty appreciate it

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

You are wise. I had a friend who made N350k from Agbami and N100k from Shell, that is over 1.3M for three years (he got it from.yr 2) but he blew it before final year. Me that hustled is better off.

I remember that I used to tell him to invest the money and he said he would but never did. He felt he knew better than me, being older.
It's always tempting to blow such 'free' money. I blew my first FG scholarship payment of 150k in a week, no kidding. I got wiser after that though. smiley

8 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by lakesguy(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
If we can run hustle together.. Let me know' we can make things work... Chat me! 07067982677
Oyerinde16:
I was 26 serving in rivers state, I tot to myself, foodstuffs such as grains are expensive here, and cheaper in the north where I cane from, 2 months to end of NTSC, all my savings n borrow borrow I raised 330k send to my mom, God bless her, she went to market bought what money can buy sent it to me n my bixz was born, the hustle was real after service, I got a job in kwara, migrated leaving bixz for blue collar job with close to 1 mil, a mistake I regret to this day, made money from mmm, bought a car with lost 750k to mmm, with 550k in account lost my job April this early this year, fell back on 550k now I have less than 100k + side hustle, looking to raise capital n go back to ph, life is funny.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by olapluto(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
DaddyGngeess:
When i was 20, not million but millions, selling drugs in Austria.. All those money don go now...
Such money doesn't last.

8 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Oluhills007: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
mployer:
@ 29. Was importing from Alibaba.com
.. Bro pls I can't open an alibaba account...the thing just dey Bleep me up
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Heineken(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
BIXYBABE:

Even 50k unless they use am to send me on an errand. I pray all is well
lol funny. The 1m I ever hold na the one wey my dad use send me to deposit. That should be like 2013. Me never really hold money like that. God should please help us. I don't even have a job

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2018

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Elchalzz(m): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
20�
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by target100: 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2018
I was 17yrs when I made my first Million, however it didn't last me to year 20 because I didn't work for it. It was inherited but after I lost all down to 0 in fact begging to feed then I started hustling and selling what I know I have in excess to worthy people and it paid off and I started making great contacts worldwide and now my goal is now targeting million in $.
Never give up and believe in something

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by DaniDarvey: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
Interesting. Made my first million by selling a property for someone. 10% of 35million was something extraordinary.
I remember expecting the transfer to my account and when I got to the bank, the Lady checked and told me my balance was N2,000. I sat down at the bank waiting and when I met her to help me check again she almost insulted me. I believe in her mind she was like why are you disturbing me for maybe one chicken change you are expecting.
I just kept my cool and sat there for almost an hour. Then I just looked at her and I guess she just decided to help me check again and the next thing I knew, she walked up to me and said sir its like your account has been credited.
From that moment she was just calling me sir and she offered that I upgrade my account from a savings to a current account and also open a business account.
My shakara that day was the bomb.

359 Likes 31 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Twizzy30(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
ednut1:
At 18 grin from side hustle for uk as a student cheesy
Bruh i swear i wan comot for the country, this country is damn*d

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
Amazing thread...away from politics and sports. Wow! With what I've read so far, I've got no doubts in my mind that nigeria would be ok in a few years to come as predicted. But why did buhari call our youths lazy? He needs to be arrested and prosecuted, seriously.

I made my first millions selling latex to the oil and gas sector at the age of 31. I just woke up one day, thought of what to do to make some money as I was tired of saying 'yes sir' to my employers. I've been making millions working for them but I needed to start making same, working for myself. I started with a proposal to their headquarters in lagos. I was asked to drop samples which I did, then the rest was history. I expanded the supply to pharmacy stores nationwide. As the business was threatened by nafdac on registration with politics from above by somebody who showed interest, I was pulling back gradually. I later entered the health sector with the sale of medical consumables and later major medical equipment from CT to USS, Digital X-ray, equipping hospitals, etc. I became famous in less than 10 years of doing business and recognised by the USA president. I had dined and wined with world leaders, including Barak Obama. I'm meeting Tony Blair in a global entrepreneurs' gathering soon in Washington DC.

Right now, we're planning to start manufacturing of medical equipment , the first of its kind on the African soil. It's a multi million dollar project. The facility construction is already ongoing , somewhere in ogun state. I wish all the vibrant and upcoming entrepreneurs on this thread the very best. Believe in yourself, trust in God and the rest would be history. God bless Nigeria.

233 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
pocohantas:
You no go just see those Romance section guys on this thread. Them no get work or hustle?

Anyway, I will say 23+...
Got the famous 6digit paying job, had some allowances and intangible benefits, living in a family house, parents who didn't ask me for anything except if I decided to spend. I am not a flexing person, so I didn't have a reason not to save.

I dream about the proposed pay/benefits of my new job and smile to myself. I am my father's daughter.

this place is for men and not children

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by teewhydope(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
22 insurance savings, app development/offering software related services and other side jobs

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ugosample:

nwanne
smuggling dikwa risky o

Lee anya ofuma o.......
anyi ma uzo ofuma ofuma.ha enwe ike e jide anyi. grin
Atlantic ocean is a gold mine if you have the heart

7 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by IamShiningStar(f): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Oluhills007: 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Delitefull:
I was 23 or 24 when I launched into millions(as an employee though). I wasn't wise enough to invest then. I suggest you invest in real estate when you have enough to, you don't have to wait till you have millions for that.

so on the minimum.. How much so you think would be enough to start real estate... Can one do Real estate with no deposit down?
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
nwanneni:
anyi ma uzo ofuma ofuma.ha enwe ike e jide anyi. grin
Atlantic ocean is a gold mine if you have the heart

that's the spirit

na -akpata ego gi

ego dikwa mkpa

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Eddee(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2018
nwanneni:

Yeah, bought cheap whiskey and sold it to my pals who owned clubs. Made some cold hard cash from my efforts. Stopped when my dad found out, he was very livid. Had to go legit, got a 9-5 as an accountant immediately in an NGO.

And since savings is a function of income, I save from what i earn.

These days I feel a tinge of shame when i remember my claim to easy money.

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (137) (Reply)

Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 / How To Buy In 1688.com Chinese Store To Nigeria Yourself Without Agents Help / Forex Trading - Season 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.