Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,163 members, 7,780,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:12 AM

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (295012 Views)

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million And How? / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Oladele2393(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
Viking007:
Seems the average age is between 24-26yrs. I made mine at 26, well, it was via gambling, plus little importation business(laptops) and domain flipping. The funny thing is I learnt everything from Nairaland.
nice one bro..... plz can I dm u??

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
mercidove:
Kai, c as niggas they talk hw dm dn make millions @ early 20's, meanwhile, i'm in my late 20's, and i can dejectedly tell u dt i gt no naira in my acct. #LifeDrama.
Go and learn barbing If you run a barbing saloon for another person for one year you can open yours

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by maisauki: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2018
Agric all d way...sesame specifically

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Viking007(m): 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oladele2393:
nice one bro..... plz can I dm u??
Sure.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Lhimeet(m): 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Divay22:
Hmmm
It's gonna be a nice thread.. Lemme settle down here.

This thread is likely gonna make some people depress, lost and even sucidial.
But pls, Have it in mind that when it's time for the moon to shine the sun must surely give way... So if you're trying, keep trying it's never too late.
We all have a story.. Be patient enough to get it the right way so you can enjoy it and not the wrong way cause you just might not recover from it..

God bless us all.
And pray he grant your heart desires.
But you no get ass oh..

But manageable for niggas

CC : Lefulefu
grin

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by EtherealAnn(f): 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
learnt loads here

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Emmanuel602(m): 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2018
Made my first million at 26 as a sport betting agent (bet9ja grin). Easily make 300k weekly from my three shops

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by IrokoOluwere: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
olapluto:

Such money doesn't last.
You’re saying bullshit

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by dangoteinlaw: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
python2gbera:

Interestingly, babes can now activate the reply button on their PM. NL dudes ain't broke afterall. Babes could sigh a relief.

Python2
bru Nairalanders are far from broke o. That's why anytime seun moved useless topics to fp I just shake my head for him. If only he knew the calibre of ppl here he won't be embarrassing himself

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2018
Eddee:

Yeah, bought cheap whiskey (replicas) and sold it to my pals who owned clubs. Made some cold hard cash from my efforts. Stopped when my dad found out, he was very livid. Had to go legit, got a 9-5 as an accountant immediately in an NGO.

And since savings is a function of income, I save from what i earn.

These days I feel a tinge of shame when i remember my claim to easy money.
you let your dad talk you out of making money? angry
I became a beast when i started making my own money and i never tell people my stuff.
Well,different strokes for different folks

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by godwinkessi: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Made my first milli at age of 22! Studying architecture and had opportunity to design houses for people when I was in 400 level. I made 300k weekly for like 7 weeks straight until the mills balanced and I lost counts of the cash flow. I motivated myself

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Bizibi(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Paentera:

Once upon a HYIP, I made my first million in 2007 at age 28. I spent it on my tuition for my MSc. It took me another three years to become one again once I started a business.

I can confirm that making a million and staying a millionaire a totally different things and the later is much more tougher though once you get a hang of it and a formula for it, you certainly will keep growing it. The better you are able to manage the formula, the quicker you can hit the next milestone - tens of million, hundreds of millions and the unicorn billion.
yea,it is much more harder staying as a millionaire but it becomes easy with discipline.

11 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by femimighty(m): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
Made mine ard 25/26years via stock market during the boom.I remember I bought a particular stock (200,000 units)at 69kobo and sold off in 9 months at around #7 per unit.I equally lost some money though I have since diversified into real estate.
Taking good investment decisions is very key to success.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by mysticgal(f): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2018
SarkinYarki:

21 I supplied a 100 KVA generator to someplace , I was supposed to supply a Perkins but I found a more reliable generator and it was cheaper by about 750k then so I supplied that plus my small margin I had slightly over a million in my account ... I set up a digital advertising network which has distributed content for most brand in Nigeria from MTN to Jumia to Procter and Gamble to coca cola and that was where made 10m and 30m of mine first . I am sorry I can't mention the name here because I am very partisan on this forum for now

can I dm you if you don't mind...strictly buisness or better still talking buisness

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Mcy56(f): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2018
Youngzedd:
Being a millionaire is easy but remaining a millionaire is the koko.
You must prioritise assets over liability to remain at the top.
Making a million without remaining a Millionaire is bullcrap. #22
Well said.

BTW, I'm here to read comments.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Auxtin85(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
23, 4.3 Million

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by CheapDataGuy: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
phorget:

True talk bro, been trying a lot but seems people are not really ready to tell u what they know. Still willing to spread my tentacles though,just hoping for the best.

You jus nailed it the way it is.
Especially here in Nigeria, alot hide what they know from others even if they know it won't take away anything from them if they tell you cry

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
2015. N1.5M to be exact, and since then there have been no turning back. Between 2015 and now I have made over N180 million. Ten years ago if anyone had said I'll ever see a million I would have laughed that person off. 15 years ago I was walking round Festac Town, sometimes barefooted selling vegetables (shokor) and okra. When the season comes I sell corn..With a trey over my head walking round Festac shouting "BUY SHOKOR". It's the most humiliating thing that can ever befall any on in secondary school as I get to see most of my classmates..girls included. I once saw a classmate and nearly ran for cover, unfortunately the trey fell on the road, and right there I had to stop and picking back the items one by one lol.

The day Nigeria played South Africa in the semi final at the Ghana Nigeria 2002 Nations Cup I wasn't even allowed to see the game. I had to go Kiri. Then, as timaya said " I dey on my own Jehovah just bless me o". God took me from rags, the bottom of the food chain in the family, the most despised and hated, God took me from that to become the richest person in the history of my family. Anyone who doubts the existence of God and his propensity to fight for and bless the underdog, the oppressed, is doing himself a major disservice. I have experienced first hand how God works. It's incredible.

253 Likes 29 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by bakayokoko: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
[s]
alexistaiwo:

[/s]

SHAMELESS SCAMMER.

10 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

You wanna hear some lazy man investments?

Smiles... No...

First I started with affiliate marketing... I set it up while working full time. It took over a year to make $50.

The aim is to keep expenses to the barest minimum while working hard.

Once it started gaining traction. I veered off into blogging and started selling information products.

It wasn't hard to start earning $600 monthly.

I dived into Amazon kindle publishing...

End result was that within 6 months just clocking 25, I was there...

Then I already gain traction. Everything is now automated...

I still kept my 7 - 4 job.

The aim is to keep expenses very low. Do away liabilities like phones, shoes and new clothes and reinvest profit

I don't have any liquid assets, I love making my profits myself and saving the others.

Bro abeg put me tru wella about Amazon kindle publishing I just started publishing books now but barely making $20 monthly

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by pocohantas(f): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ugosample:

this place is for men and not children

Lol. Thanks for the reminder...
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Born2Breed(f): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
First Millon naira or dollars?

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
One day we'll get there. A million naira can't be a yardstick.
One luv.

9 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by mysticgal(f): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
WalkerMichael:

Send me a pm via whatsapp instead. I can't access my mail rn.
thank you

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Omotaday(m): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2018
Comment deleted
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by mysticgal(f): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ocon:
You need to learn a sellable skill like video editing, web design et al. There are thread in d business section here on nairaland. Read those thread from page 1 and asked all ur questions there, you'll be guided
thank you
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Simbrixton(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
1EmmyKay:
Made my first 500k @17yrs (selling for jumia and other deals)...around 2015.... Hit 1mil when ponzi came@2016/2017...bought landed asset and bought every gadget I needed.. But now am broke.. Even 1k no dey my acc.. Struggling to rise back dou now in sch 200lvl...
assets don dey na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
DaddyGngeess:
When i was 20, not million but millions, selling drugs in Austria.. All those money don go now...
i was in Austria too.i did not have the heart and was really young then.was like 17 or so.
I ran back to africa because i knew how to trade.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Oyerinde16(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
benjsniper33:

can you share the type of business you did with me? i am also a corper serving in Rivers state.
I will realty appreciate it
I was into buying n selling of grains, then bought 1 bag of iron red beans in north for 10k+1k/to=avg 11-12k I sold for avg 14-15k there was no time I made less than 2k on a bag there were times I made 6k on a bag, after leaving pH, there was a time food price skyrocketed I could have made @avg 10k per bag if I was still there. I plan to start small again this year chat me up let's talk.
I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR ANGEL INVESTORS, YOU CAN REQUEST YOUR MONEY BACK AS FROM 1st OF FEB NEXT YEAR, I WILL CREATE A GROUP WHERE I WILL UPDATE DAILY/WEEKLY ON PROGRESS OF INVESTMENT AND MARKET APPRECIATION/ FLUCTUATIONS. AT ANYTIME YOU NEED YOUR MONEY I RETURN IT WITH WHATEVER HAS APPRECIATED ON IT, I AM READY TO PUT MY NYSC AND ALL ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS ALL INFO, SM AND GET ONE OF TWO FRIENDS TO STAND, ITS A LEGIT BIXZ AND BUILDING AN EMPIRE WITH MY INVESTORS IS A PRIORITY, IT WILL SERVE AS AN EXTRA SOURCE OF INCOME TO ALL INVESTORS. CHAT ME IF INTERESTED.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Raalsalghul: 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Only reason I'm on this thread is to seek for business opportunities. So far, haven't been dissappointed. Ride on folks

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
Oluhills007:
so on the minimum.. How much so you think would be enough to start real estate... Can one do Real estate with no deposit down?

A plot or plots of land in a developing area is a good start. Some companies encourage monthly payment instead of bulk payments for some of these investments. I don't know about the no deposit, never heard of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Twizzy30(m): 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2018

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (137) (Reply)

Bank Accounts And People You Don't Wanna Send Money To - Part 1 / How To Buy In 1688.com Chinese Store To Nigeria Yourself Without Agents Help / Forex Trading - Season 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.