|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,190,432 members, 4,775,909 topics. Date: Friday, 22 February 2019 at 04:20 PM
|ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Thanks2God: 6:15am On Nov 19, 2018|
The issues, according to ASUU President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi, include the payment of fractions and non-payment of salaries, earned academic allowances, non-release of operational license of NUPEMCO, non-implementation of the provisions of the 2014 Pension Reform Act with respect to retired professors and their salaries, and exclusion of university staff schools from funding by government.
Other demands are funding for the revitalisation of public universities that entails implementation of Needs Assessment Report and addressing poor funding of state universities and proliferation of universities by their Visitors.
Here are the five demands of ASUU in a nutshell:
1.Areas of agreement include funding for revitalization of public universities and the issue of Earned Academic Allowances.
2.The issue of funding University Staff Schools
3. The implementation of the judgment of the National Industrial Court, National Universities Pension Management Company and guidelines for pension matters for professors.
4.The exemption offered by the government regarding the issue of TSA, which included the issue of grants, endowment funds as well as salary shortfall, which is already being implemented by the government.
5.The union also promised to submit a position paper to the Federal Government on their observation with a view for government to advise state governments.
3 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2018|
The ones educating us can't have everything they want but the ones fleecing us can. Make una clap for government.
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by TheGreenLand: 6:44am On Nov 19, 2018|
ASUU epitomize corruption and selfishness.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by LWFashion(f): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2018|
The same profs that forced us to buy textbooks?
All I see here is wicked professors who want to enjoy till they close their eyes. I could only wish the same people allowed Student Union to fight for us when we got poor teaching, and poor welfare. What a crop of hungry and wicked old men.
22 Likes 3 Shares
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by iambabaG: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Authoreety: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by kayboy4y(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2018|
The Demands are not too much for the government to fulfill.
We have the resources to meet the ASUU demands.
Our governments prefer things to be done by fire by force before their brains reset.
Solidarity for Forever.
I stand with......
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Correspondence(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2018|
Yes it's true
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Afu1: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2018|
Na wah o, make dem answer this people jare
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by FreeConCiencE: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by dodoniyi: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2018|
Useless and self centered lecturers
No strike for the students harressed sexually
No strike for the outdated syllabus
No strike for the students victimized for not buying their handouts
No strike to stop "No handout, no mark"
22 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by OfficialAPCNGR: 6:48am On Nov 19, 2018|
EFCC defends Oshiomole in corruption case!!
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Eaglefine(f): 6:50am On Nov 19, 2018|
FG, I'm tired already. I sincerely want to go back to school.
Mbok, settle them.
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Miracle4Sure: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Bambambiglo: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2018|
These people are only fighting for their pockets..smh
Bunch of selfish fellows.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by opera1(m): 6:51am On Nov 19, 2018|
ASUU with their selfish unending demands.
May God help us.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by OkaNaUbe(m): 6:51am On Nov 19, 2018|
‘Racism is a grown up disease and we should stop using our kids to spread it” - Barbara Henry.
I contextualise it as 'Tribalism is a grown up disease and we should stop using our kids to spread it'.
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by McKayConcept(m): 6:54am On Nov 19, 2018|
Chat me up to join our agribusiness discussion platform. All type of Agricultural business idea that is simple to start and easy to earn
Be Your Own Boss
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by YorubaEmir: 6:56am On Nov 19, 2018|
See as my mind cut. Been think they wan call am off. ASUU please strike de go jhor
10 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Cocolatti(m): 6:59am On Nov 19, 2018|
OfficialAPCNGR:He is the Chairman (Patron Saint) of the APC. And there are no corrupt people in APC only saints
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Quality20(m): 7:00am On Nov 19, 2018|
is university staff school not a profit making venture? why shd gov fund it?
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2018|
YorubaEmir:Aswear.... My mind cut sef....
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Codebrain435752: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Teejay13(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2018|
Federal government, please respond to the demand of ASUU, let our children go back to school.
Main while check this out
Fully functional MacBook Pro 13" 2010 Edition
Casing designed with leather skin sticker
| HDD : 500GB | Ram: 4GB | Processor : 2GHz Intel core 2 duo | Graphic NVIDIA geforce 256MB | OS : El Capitan 10.11 | Good battery | Bluetooth | USB | Magsafe II (charger) |
Location : Abuja | Kaduna
Interested persons can call 07038517455
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by jonesking: 7:19am On Nov 19, 2018|
WE DESIGN AND DEVELOP ALL TYPES AND KINDS OF WEBSITES, WEB APPS AND MOBILE APPS THAT ARE CUSTOM-MADE FOR YOUR BUSINESS, ORGANISATION OR BRAND
We have FULL-STACK Development professional team working at your service from our corporate office in Ikeja, Lagos
Features We will Deploy for Your Web App Software Project
== Secure SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space
ARE YOU DEVELOPING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING?
• Inventory System Software
• Ecommerce Website
• Hotel Management System Software
• Financial Institutions System Software
• School Management System Software/ School Portal
• Hospital Management System Software Development
• Airport/ Airline Booking Management System Software
• Multi-Level Marketing System Software
• Social Media Network Application
• Photo Sharing Web Application
• Catalog Web Application Site
• Sport Betting Website
DONT Let Web Quacks Develop your web/mobile apps for your business
CONTACT US TO GET STARTED NOW!
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Benwems(m): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2018|
kayboy4y:Oga shut up. ASUU is corrupt , greedy and wicked.
2 Likes 1 Share
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by YorubaEmir: 7:23am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by fabulousfortune(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2018|
ASUU's demands are unrealistic jor. Mtcheww
1 Like 1 Share
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by YorubaEmir: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2018|
You for no blur am make we see as u go fit sell am #100k
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by Optimumj: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2018|
Benwems:FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT UNDERSTAND "WHY ASUU IS ON STRIKE" - PLEASE READ THIS AND SHARE WIDELY.....
1. Less than 10% of the universities have Video Conferencing facility.
2. Less than 20% of the universities use Interactive Boards
3.More than 50% don’t use Public Address System in their lecture OVERCROWDED rooms/theatres.
4. Internet Services are non-existent,or epileptic and slow IN 99% of Nigerian Universities
5. Nigerian Universities Library resources are outdated and manually operated. Book shelves are homes to rats/cockroaches
6.No university library in Nigeria is fully automated. Less than 35% are partially automated.
7. 701 Development projects in Nigerian universities 163 (23.3%) are abandoned 538 (76.7%) are PERPETUALLY on-going projects
8. Some of the abandoned projects in Nigerian universities are over 15 years old, some are over 40 years old.
9. 76% of Nigerian universities use well as source of water, 45% use pit latrine, 67% of students use bush as toilet
10. UNN and UDUS have the highest number of abandoned projects (22 and 16 respectively).
11. All NDDC projects across universities in Niger Delta States are abandoned. About 84.6% of them are students’ hostels
12. 77% of Nigerian universities can be classified as "Glorified Primary Schools" Laboratories are non existing
13. There are 8 on-going projects at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi. None of them is funded by the State Government
14. 80% of Nigerian Universities are grossly under-staffed
15. 78% of Nigerian Universities rely heavily on part-time and visiting lecturers.
16. 88% of Nigerian Universities have under-qualified Academics
17. 90% of Nigerian Universities are bottom-heavy (with junior lecturers forming large chunk of the workforce)
18. Only 2% of Nigerian Universities attract expatriate lecturers, over 80% of Ghanian Universities attract same
19. 89% of Nigerian Universities have ‘closed’ (homogeneous staff – in terms of ethno-cultural background)
20. Based on the available data, there are 37,504 Academics in Nigerian Public Universities
21. 83% of the lecturers in Nigerian universities are male while 17% are female.
22. 23,030 (61.0%) of the lecturers are employed in Federal universities while 14,474 (39.0%) teach in State Universities.
23. The teaching staff-students ratio is EMBARRASSINGLY very high in many universities:
24. LECTURER STUDENT RATIO: National Open University of Nigeria 1:363 University of Abuja 1:122 Lagos State University 1:111
25. (Compare the above with Harvard 1:4; MIT 1:9; Yale 1:4, Cambridge 1:3; NUS 1:12; KFUPM 1:9; Technion 1:15).
26. Nigerian Universities Instead of having 100% Academics having PhDs, only about 43% do so. The remaining 57% have no PhDs
27. Nigerian University medical students trained in the most dangerous environment, some only see medical tools in books
28. Only 7 Nigerian Universities have up to 60% of their teaching staff with PhD qualifications
29. While majority of the universities in the country are grossly understaffed, a few cases present a pathetic picture
30. There are universities in Nigeria which the total number of Professors is not more than Five (5)
31. Kano University of Science and Technology Wudil, established in 2001 (17 years old) only 1 Professor and 25 PhD holders.
32. Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero, established in 2006 has only 2 Professors and 5 PhDs
33. Ondo State University of Sci & Tech Okitipupa, established in 2008, has a total of 29 lecturers.
34. MAKE-SHIFT LECTURING SYSTEM: Out of a total of 37,504 lecturers, only 28,128 (75%) are engaged on full-time basis.
35. 9,376 (25%) Nigerian Lecturers are recycled as Visiting, Adjunct, Sabbatical and Contract lecturers.
36. In Gombe State University, only 4 out of 47 Profs are full-time and all 25 Readers are visiting
37. In Plateau State University, Bokkos, 74% of the lecturers are visiting.
38. In Kaduna State University, only 24 out of 174 PhD holders are full-time staff.
39. 700 EX-MILLITANTS in Nigeria are receiving more funds anualy than 20 Nigerian universities under 'Amnesty Scam'
40. 80% of published journals by Nigerian University lectures have no visibility in the international knowledge community.
41. No Nigerian academic is in the league of Nobel Laureates or a nominee of Nobel Prize.
42. There are only 2 registered patents owned by Nigerian Academics in the last 3 years.
43. Numerically more support staff in the services of Nigerian universities than the teaching staff they are meant to support
44. More expenditure is incurred in administration & routine functions than in core academic matters in Nigerian Universities
45. There are 77,511 full-time non-teaching staff in Nigeria’s public universities 2 Times number of academic staff
46. University of Benin, there are more senior staff in the Registrar cadre (Dep. Registrars, PARs, SARs) than Professors
47. Almost all the universities are over-staffed with non- teaching staff
48. There are 1,252,913 students in Nigerian Public Universities. 43% Female 57%Male
49. There is no relationship between enrolment and the tangible manpower needs of Nigeria.
50. Nigerian Uni Horrible hostel facilities, overcrowded, overstretched lavatory and laundry facilities, poor sanitation,etc
51. Except Nigerian Defence Acadamy Kaduna, no university in Nigeria is able to accommodate more than 35% of its students.
52. Some universities (e.g. MOUAU),female students take their bath in d open because d bathrooms are in very poor condition.
53. Laundries and common rooms in many universities have been converted into rooms where students live, in open prison style.
54. In most improvised cage called hostels in Nigerian Universities, there is no limit to the number of occupants.
55. Most State universities charge commercial rates for unfit and unsuitable hostel accommodation
56. In off-campus hostels, students are susceptible to extraneous influences and violence prostitution, rape, gang violence
57. Nigerian University Students sitting on bare floor or peeping through windows to attend lectures
58. Over 1000 students being packed in lecture halls meant for less than 150 students
59. Over 400 Nigerian University students being packed in laboratory meant for 75 students
60. University administrators Spend millions to erect super-gates when their Libraries are still at foundation level; Expend millions to purchase exotic vehicles for university officers even though they lack basic classroom furnishings; Spend hundreds of millions in wall-fencing and in-fencing when students accommodation is inadequate and in tatters;
61. Govt interested in spending money on creation of new uni instead of consolidating and expanding access to existing ones; Keen to award new contracts rather than completing the abandoned projects or standardizing existing facilities; Expend hundreds of millions paying visiting and part-time lecturers rather than recruiting full-time staff
62. Govt spending hundreds of millions in mundane administration cost instead of providing boreholes and power supplements; Govt hiring personal staff, including Personal Assistants, Special Advisers, Bodyguards, Personal Consultants, etc.
|Re: ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Key Demands - Vanguard by qanda: 8:26am On Nov 19, 2018|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 228