Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (99563 Views)

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / Share Your Worst Business Experience / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by khassy(m): 7:54am On Nov 21, 2018
holysaint1:

Good day sir.. sorry for your loss and bless God for the experience. but if it wouldn't be of much trouble to you, which of the investments did you try your hands on.. cause going through he thread, i came across various kinds of business one could start up with 400k.

Pepper
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ibori1(m): 7:55am On Nov 21, 2018
oghenerunoh:
am seeing like four name wit dat wic 1 is yours

add the 1 with monkey dp

i bet u ,u will never loss ur money

99.9. sure
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by khassy(m): 7:56am On Nov 21, 2018
yungchop:
paadi, come and dash me money.. I'm very broke right now.

Big man in a kunkulu body grin
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Slyjay1(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2018
How can I get in touch with you? I have something very important to discuss with you.

hahn:
What happened to me this year sef just get as e be.

So I was finally making N25k daily from my website and saved more than N1m and decided to hire a professional SEO company to handle my seo so that I can rank for more keywords and make more money. My target is to make 100k+ daily which is actually what my competition make.

The SEO company charged N150k per month and on the first month we found out that Google had penalized my site because of a Yoast plugin issue. With the Yoast plugin new update they was an option which was usually turned off by default but was on with the new update and thus pages were created automatically using images and no content. Coincidentally Google's new algo or whatever just came out and in it included a rule against pages with only images. And thus I was bleeped.

You can read more about the Yoast issue here https://charlesfloate.co.uk/yoast-mess-up. Many people were affected by this issue. If you go through the comments you will see one guy complaining about how he went from $1,000 per month to $100 because of his drop in traffic.

Also the seo company discovered that for some reason my backlinks created to my website were being removed so now I had to pay for on-site seo and also backlinks. To cut the long story short I spent all my savings trying to resolve this issue and I am still working on building more backlinks.

Daily income has gone down to N5k-N10k daily and yes I am royally bleeped because I have to fuel my gen and run it for 24 hours as we barely have power here. Nepa did not even blink the light throughout the weekend and as I write this the generator is on and making noise. Data, feeding, diapers, baby food etc sef dey there but we are managing.

I don't even know what to call this one. Whether bad investment or simply bad luck but thought to share.

By the way, based on the kind of person I am due to the low traffic I was getting and free time I got I used that spare time to build 3 new websites and now I am working on building them to profitability. Man never back down cool
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Tallesty1(m): 8:01am On Nov 21, 2018
speedyconnect3:

What's type of silly agreement Tallesty?

So what if they print fake pins?

They will still rely on the damn clause?
They can't print fake pins bro. It works this way.

1. They supply the encrypted pin through email.

2. I download, decrypt and print.

So the only way there can be a mix up is...

1. If my email is hacked.

2. Like in my case, same pins supplied to two sub-distributors.
speedyconnect3:

Investigations can show when such pins were used and lines that used them and even locations they were used.

If actually those pins are real but just used, then investigations can show these.
They're real.

Y'know, some were good when I first printed the cards. You may pick a bundle and see that from 6-10 are still OK while 1-5 returned "used by another customer" error message when you try to load them.

If you load 6&7 and wait let's say till evening, 8-10 will return used by another customer error when you recharge them. (that's why I concluded that someone else is distributing them)
speedyconnect3:

You might consider writing to NCC or CPC to wade into the matter.

They haven't given you a reasonable answer yet.
I didn't write any of these people you mentioned because I didn't know they could help and I wasn't dealing directly with the Telcos. I will let it slide.

The lesson I learned is to always read and understand everything in a written agreement before signing it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ponti93(m): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2018
1Ronaldo:

He is a scammer.
you got proof? Lets take it to the betting section
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by okewumi: 8:43am On Nov 21, 2018
Chai Nija huzzlers don suffer.
I can understand now when you say Sai Baba and some people will throw you bottle grin
Enabling environment for business is very porous. Average Nigerians are not trust worthy to manage your business. If they misbehave, police are not ready to go extra mile to track criminals.

I invested 800k in plantation farming, thieves from the villages nearby mess up the harvest by stealing at middle of night.

I partner with a friend on cow rearing. The guy crumbled the business. I bought 10 young cow. All most a million vanished due to inexperience of personnel to handle them against pest and worms during raining season.
I invested in groundnut farming business in Kaduna south. No green light due to unrest in the state this year. My aboki business partner keeps giving story everyday.

The only business that can survive in this economy to me is buying and selling. You buy and sell in bulk immediately.
If you venture into production, unavalabilty of power supply, useless tax by local and state government etc will frustrate your effort

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2018
ponti93:
you got proof? Lets take it to the betting section

He is a scammer.
I paid money via western union to him.
Niggur, okay.. Check the game he calls free games..
It has an edit history : A game will start let's say 1am, he will post the fixture by 1 and limit views to only himself. Once game ends, he adds a picture and makes it public....

I no get time to put up plenty proofs again.
I am done with that matter.
He is a scammer.
Hernandez geisha is a naija guy staying in turkey. He is a scammer

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ibori1(m): 9:04am On Nov 21, 2018
oghenerunoh:
am seeing like four name wit dat wic 1 is yours

hope u do stake high

2odds. 12258999 merrybet

d last I will drop here,all I will mid from did game it's just airtime .
bcus I stake it too

sure and safe u can never loss ur money few can testify
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by montumonami(m): 9:19am On Nov 21, 2018
Purplekush:

I read everything too as I always look out for the bad deals to avoid. Well, the first step is to have a laptop and an internet enabled phone. If you have those 2 down, you should be then start looking at the startup capital which should be anywhere around 50 to 150k. Not much when compared to the tradition brick and motar biz models.

Get these down and then we can talk more. today alone I got like 11 orders of a 21k product. And I'm still a learner in my niche
. I have all the requirements readily available except the capital... Any tips... I'm a brokeass Corp member passing out in 7months time with nothing to fall back to. I will really appreciate
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Thane(m): 9:21am On Nov 21, 2018
Purplekush:
as a 28 yr old who was fresh out of service. I started online buisness with my blog and was raking in 250 to 300k plus per month. after like 3 months the income rose to 1mil plus and even 2.some in some months.

Then I started trying out new investments...

LONG STORY SHORT: lost 800k to MMM. By Feb when MMM was confirmed to have crashed, I went ahead to lose another 1 Million naira and 6 months trying to set up another online business.

The painful part was not the 6 months of no income but the bad timing.

because, I had already paid for some plots of land before then. Paid for my new apartment. Was about making down payment for a new Corolla 2015 model when MMM crashed... and the investment started acting funny.

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

I come lose lappy wey I buy 250k then Acer V Nitro. I was so depressed the only thing that kept me from SUICIDE was MaryJane. I owe my life to her smiley

But then I was able to cash out around 300k plus on the 1mil investment and I am currently on another HOT NICHE and just 2 months in it i am glad to say I now make at least 9 to 15k a day.

By God's grace and if this one goes well, I should be hitting 7figures per month from next year. INSHA ALLAH! AMEN.

Nothing beats losing money to some yeye deal. It brings out the adrenaline in you.

WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL STARTERS: think Internet business. It's cheap to start and gives you room to make mistakes with less financial loses. Besides, the ROI is totally insane!

I used to have a set of video courses for pple who are always asking "show me the way" but then nobody wants to put in work. Most peeps just want free money.

I am really interested bros, pls I won't dissapoint you. I have been hearing about freelancing, monetizing blogs, diff online biz here since 2015 but I have not seen any reasonable course to teach me. Pls share with me. I saw on your profile that your location is Enugu, I am just close by Onitsha. I can come and take the videos from you. thanedominic@gmail.com, 07032909591. I am a fresh graduate
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Krak(m): 9:27am On Nov 21, 2018
ibori1:

hope u do stake high

2odds. 12258999 merrybet

d last I will drop here,all I will mid from did game it's just airtime .

sure and safe u can never loss ur money few can testify

Shut up, nothing is sure in betting. Your overconfidence will wreck both you and your gullible subscribers

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Thane(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2018
Forlardara:
Taking loan to finance a business is the worst. I took a loan of 4m naira to buy 2 Mazda bus. I got 2 drivers and a Manager while I was working as a secondary school teacher. At first, I was making money. Planning to buy more buses. In less than a year, what I was spending was more than what I was making. Lo and behold, the business went into oblivion. I'm back and better. Without any real investment, I built 2 houses this year

pls , show me the way bros thanedominic@gmail.com, 07032909591
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by twlover: 9:54am On Nov 21, 2018
Correct!!!!!!! I failed!!!

What I didn't include in my write up is that during) the time I was building the farm, I had 2 kids born in the USA and that took about N7.5m, so I was constrained for more funds

[qquote author=EMMAACHILE post=73152536]

If you look at the writeup, He invested all on structure and had nothing left to run the layers and feed. The mistake is from the investor and not poultry farming itself. He would have rented initially before going in full on the structure.[/quote]
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by twlover: 9:55am On Nov 21, 2018
Don't cry CPR me Argentina!!!!

What I didn't include in my write up is that during) the time I was building the farm, I had 2 kids born in the USA and that took about N7.5m, so I was constrained for more funds

Winneygirl:

I'm not very clear here. You invested most of that money in the property, not the business??
cry cry
I feel like crying. Which day will the layers lay the 12m?
Let me just cry some more.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by twlover: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2018

doggedfighter:

OMG, I'm feeling this loss from here.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by twlover: 9:59am On Nov 21, 2018
My brother that was my initial plan o, to buy just 2 plots!!! But that's story for another day!

okoroemeka:
that is a problem when your passion and emotion for agriculture drive you more than profits,you could have started small,2 plots,build pen for 2000 birds then start,you can do all with #6,000,000.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by springtech(m): 10:25am On Nov 21, 2018
Purplekush:
as a 28 yr old who was fresh out of service. I started online buisness with my blog and was raking in 250 to 300k plus per month. after like 3 months the income rose to 1mil plus and even 2.some in some months.

LONG STORY SHORT: lost 800k to MMM. By Feb when MMM was confirmed to have crashed, I went ahead to lose another 1 Million naira and 6 months trying to set up another online business.

because, I had already paid for some plots of land before then. Paid for my new apartment. Was about making down payment for a new Corolla 2015 model when MMM crashed... and the investment started acting funny.

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

I come lose lappy wey I buy 250k then Acer V Nitro. I was so depressed the only thing that kept me from SUICIDE was MaryJane. I owe my life to her smiley

But then I was able to cash out around 300k plus on the 1mil investment and I am currently on another HOT NICHE and just 2 months in it i am glad to say I now make at least 9 to 15k a day.

By God's grace and if this one goes well, I should be hitting 7figures per month from next year. INSHA ALLAH! AMEN.

Nothing beats losing money to some yeye deal. It brings out the adrenaline in you.

WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL STARTERS: think Internet business. It's cheap to start and gives you room to make mistakes with less financial loses. Besides, the ROI is totally insane!

I used to have a set of video courses for pple who are always asking "show me the way" but then nobody wants to put in work. Most peeps just want free money.

Biko show me the way, and am serious about this.
I don't need free money.
Man is ready to put in energy.
Thanks in advance.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by sweetveek(m): 10:36am On Nov 21, 2018
Confussion2:
(1) I got employed with relatively good pay. Saved up to 3m. So one man close to my house whom I have done biz with before told me about dredging biz. Me and him and two other guys teamed up together to do the biz bcuz it is capital intensive. We contributed 3m each or so I thought. We have already secured a massive water front where we will get the sharp sand. Construction Companies were already promising us patronage wen we finally start. Being that i'm working, most of the running around was done by two guys ( my friend and one other guy).
This my friend-older than all of us is the front guy in the biz. He is from Rivers man and knows quite alot of people.So he was the one that got us the contact for the water front. We entered agreement with the owner of the water front. infact we had to even pay him 400k to ward off one Italian company that wanted to take the biz from us. Time to look for dredger and this other guy went and brought his relative rickety dredger. When the owner of the water front saw the dredger we brought he said we are not serious. And that was how he cancelled the contract and gave it to intalian company. Nowtime for me to collect my money and this my friend started giving me stories. I never knew the money he was using to buy me bolle and fish na my money. Bcuz we have not signed the contract before sending d money, my money went fiam till date partly bcuz I was not alwys with them running around for the biz.

(2) One guy i met during nysc and have remained friends with since then brought one biz about helping hands.One of the organizers of the scheme had told him we can make 9m if we invest 4m. 1m again down the drain.

Wont even talk of small ones like 600k for trucking which I only made 200k.

All in all, the experience here is that one needs indept knowledge of whatever u want to get iivolved with. And dont ivest in biz u wont have time to manage.

lolzzzzz couldn't resist the laugh

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 21, 2018
Ocon:
Bro, i figure out you might not want to drop ur contact, but I won't mind if you message me on WhatsApp 09032758849.
Thank you

Imabinary@gmail.com
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 21, 2018
michealewela:

Please, can you lecture me on forex?

Imabinary@gmail.com
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hahn(m): 10:47am On Nov 21, 2018
Slyjay1:
How can I get in touch with you? I have something very important to discuss with you.

08092960741. Whatsapp
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by sommyboi(m): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2018
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by JustCare: 11:16am On Nov 21, 2018
zicoraads:
I met this guy while I was serving. We became pretty close because we had a lot of things in common. And we were staying in the same room and finished from the same school. He told me about a business he started while in school, but due to some family issues, had to make use of the money earned and all. It sounded good, because before now, I had heard about people buying yams from Niger and Benue states and selling them off in places like the South South region at huge profits.

The fact that I was familiar with how costly and cheap yams are in these places made it seem like a very good ides to follow.

Long story short: I collected 200k from my sister and put in 300k of mine. Traveled to Niger and bought yams from a village along Lapai road. We traveled with the truck and met a guy in Effurun, whom he said was the person he always sold it to. Spent about a week in Delta state and sold everything, with the profits coming being about 200k, after expenses and whatnot. Got 300k and added to everything we had and came back to Niger to buy more.

Couldn't follow them back due to other factors that were beyond my control. Lost about 1.3 million altogether on his way back. He said he was robbed. But up till now, the news and the numbness of it never made me ask follow-up questions to the bloody pictures I saw.

I didn't quite recover from that for a long time.

Kindly reply pm sir, maybe with whatsapp number.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by ibori1(m): 11:21am On Nov 21, 2018
Krak:

Shut up, nothing is sure in betting. Your overconfidence will wreck both you and your gullible subscribers

no need to insult me bro,I don't know u and u don't know me either ,y insult me?

none of dem av lost their money ever since am dropping those odds,my games r sure u cant loss ur money rada d money u want to win will reduce, but my odds r not for pipo like u, dey r for those that can stake high

99.9% ie 9/10

its not easy for me to get to wer I am.

success dey say speaks louder

I av done dt over d year.

dey call me 2odds
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by kamat30(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Phyde:
Credited a bitcoin dealer bank account of 23k and failed to credited my wallet.
Lose 40k to one online forum called esteemtraders.
Lose 135k to winthrills.
Gained 15k from Xpressinvestment before it crashed and Final Bet9ja put a smile on my face with 1.158m recently.
Abeg Sir help me I lost up to almost 200k for bet9ja
help pls
ibori1:

no need to insult me bro,I don't know u and u don't know me either ,y insult me?

none of dem av lost their money ever since am dropping those odds,my games r sure u cant loss ur money rada d money u want to win will reduce, but my odds r not for pipo like u, dey r for those that can stake high

99.9% ie 9/10

its not easy for me to get to wer I am.

success dey say speaks louder

I av done dt over d year.

dey call me 2odds

Phyde:
Credited a bitcoin dealer bank account of 23k and failed to credited my wallet.
Lose 40k to one online forum called esteemtraders.
Lose 135k to winthrills.
Gained 15k from Xpressinvestment before it crashed and Final Bet9ja put a smile on my face with 1.158m recently.
Abeg Sir help me I lost up to almost 200k for bet9ja
help pls
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by muntaree: 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hi everyone

I lost over 1mil in Cryptocurrency trading when I was a noob in the game.

I have gained over x6 of the lost now.

A word of advise for Crypto guys here:

Learn the basic TA such as Bollinger band, RSI and MACD.

Learn Price actions, resistance and support strategies.

Don't be greedy, always take profit no matter how small..

Don't contact anybody here, the YouTube is there for you to learn.

I wish you all the best.

13 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Purplekush(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2018
Thane:

I am really interested bros, pls I won't dissapoint you. I have been hearing about freelancing, monetizing blogs, diff online biz here since 2015 but I have not seen any reasonable course to teach me. Pls share with me. I saw on your profile that your location is Enugu, I am just close by Onitsha. I can come and take the videos from you. thanedominic@gmail.com, 07032909591. I am a fresh graduate

Send a mail to jordanwhite.2920 [at] gmail. com

No need to come down to Enugu. You can get the videos delivered to your address in a Flash drive. its FREE (as I no longer sell them online)

You only have to cover the shipping cost and that of the Flash drive. The cost of shipping depends on your location.

And yes, it'll be delivered to your address. I've already made arrangements for the Flash drive and it's quite limited.

So, I guess it'll be a first come first serve thing. Thanks

Cc: Iymelyte springtech Thane Montumonami, Narniesnyper, LadyHeaven, shuddyy, hsim247, Glistinin Vowsng, Yomi007k, doggedfighter, weedsom, mac04, onlyforchrist, Remix10, Olugodson, chybyke4ly, oneroflo57, TeaY2, t0bbY, Welcome, smiliyB, gift01,
Ocon (the shipping depends on your location) sircrabo, Paulpaulpaul

Cc: Samabu07 (its affordable. Or u can pair with someone. Makes it easier)
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Purplekush(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
montumonami:
. I have all the requirements readily available except the capital... Any tips... I'm a brokeass Corp member passing out in 7months time with nothing to fall back to. I will really appreciate

I started with my allowee. being broke is really not a big deal here. Save up a few months allowee for investing in yourself and biz. Get the basic knowledge first and u can decide how well to invest in it

I can provide you the tutorial videos for free. You only cover the cost of shipping and that of purchasing the flash drive
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by lymelyte(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
Purplekush:

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

pls sir I need the video course.. I want to earn passively.. Tnx in advance Aspristined@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

Dollar To Naira Black Market Exchange Rate Today / How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.