Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? - Business (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (99548 Views)

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / Share Your Worst Business Experience / Share Your Worst Broke Moments Experiences In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by bighorlus(m): 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
omo I wanted to say my own oh, but as I saw someone posting about losing 1m dollars I decided to just shut up. bros respect sir.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hahn(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2018
kayc0:
I need Mentorship on this Sir.. I'm ready to learn and also ready to pay for a mentorship program from you if possible
Email: mazindukah@gmail.com..
Whatsapp 08166490127..... I anticipate your response Sir..
Warm Regards

I just sent you a message on whatsapp
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by walewriter: 1:57am On Dec 25, 2018
following
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by cocolacec(m): 7:28am On Dec 26, 2018
blackjack21:

Sometimes it does; look at the Rothschild family for example.
only you have to recognize the ambitious people in your family.
I won't make the same mistake again
The Rothschild family are a bad example because they and their friends control the world monetary system. They dont have to work before they make money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkFxr66tz0
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by blackjack21(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2018
cocolacec:

The Rothschild family are a bad example because they and their friends control the world monetary system. They dont have to work before they make money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkFxr66tz0

They worked to reach that level.
That's what happens when you sacrifice today for tomorrow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by virginboy1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2018
HardMirror:
This is in response to this wonderful thread https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first

After going through the thread i realized that many had made money but lost all or a good chunk.

This is my own story.

Abattoir Investment

As a student in Futa, i usually patronized a butcher called Nurai at the abattoir behind Chicken Republic at FUTA Junction. The guy was very nice to us and always gave us extra meat to what we bought. When i had my first major breakthrough, this guy was the first person that came to my mind.

I gave Mr. Nurai 500,000 naira as investment into the business. The man lost all the money within a few months. I still like him and i know he did not do it intentionally but it was a big blow to my finances when i needed a backup source of income.

business agreement with a nairalander i wont mention his name, but i had an agreement with a nairalander, but i suspect he diverted the money into mmm. Long story short he still owes me 400k after refunding about 600k to me.

Ministry of works contract
Never take a contract during elections. Goodluck Jonathan awarded lots of contracts a few months to the 2015 elections. I got several road furnishing contracts November 2014. Unfortunately we had to borrow money to do the Job. Lost about N7million there. Government still owing us 54million (i did it in partnership with another company in Abuja) it was a massive blow and my worst mistake in life not just business.

What is your own story? Be honest and detailed so we can learn from each other.

Bet9ja/ Virtual Sports bet.

Lost 350k.

Pathetic
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Yoshy: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2018
Generalkorex:
I made money from redesigning blogger blog for people, I charge very low compared to what those big names charge, plus the one I made from my saving then,I was working as a teacher and do extra lesson too.l invested in liberty reserve earning Small Small from buying at I the rate of 160 and sell for 165/dollars.It was going smoothly,then a friend introduced me to a platform where you can transfer liberty reserve fund to payza acount and earn profit.it was making sense at first until i transfered 3k liberty reserve. and feu the company disappeared.the guy i was buying the liberty reserve from his hand said he saw it coming but his selfishness to sell his fund didnt allow him to caution me.My money, My brother's money all gone.

While I was still trying to track the website liberty reserve closed down cry

--------------------------------------------------------++++++
I bounced back made some money from Mtn magic sim then. I was selling magic Sims and also selling the guide.I was only 18 years then.I want to study abroad, I sold the blog for almost 100k,add some money from my savings to it only to lose d money to travel agent. The greatest mistake I made was selling my blog and some domain name.I almost cried writing this. Never made such money since then.I pray I bounce back. I have learned a lot sha.experience they say is the best teacher

Just curious, how is it going now? I hope you're bouncing back.

If you still need a side paying gig, I know something you can do, kindly hit me up if interested.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Yoshy: 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2018
hahn:
What happened to me this year sef just get as e be.

So I was finally making N25k daily from my website and saved more than N1m and decided to hire a professional SEO company to handle my seo so that I can rank for more keywords and make more money. My target is to make 100k+ daily which is actually what my competition make.

The SEO company charged N150k per month and on the first month we found out that Google had penalized my site because of a Yoast plugin issue. With the Yoast plugin new update they was an option which was usually turned off by default but was on with the new update and thus pages were created automatically using images and no content. Coincidentally Google's new algo or whatever just came out and in it included a rule against pages with only images. And thus I was bleeped.

You can read more about the Yoast issue here https://charlesfloate.co.uk/yoast-mess-up. Many people were affected by this issue. If you go through the comments you will see one guy complaining about how he went from $1,000 per month to $100 because of his drop in traffic.

Also the seo company discovered that for some reason my backlinks created to my website were being removed so now I had to pay for on-site seo and also backlinks. To cut the long story short I spent all my savings trying to resolve this issue and I am still working on building more backlinks.

Daily income has gone down to N5k-N10k daily and yes I am royally bleeped because I have to fuel my gen and run it for 24 hours as we barely have power here. Nepa did not even blink the light throughout the weekend and as I write this the generator is on and making noise. Data, feeding, diapers, baby food etc sef dey there but we are managing.

I don't even know what to call this one. Whether bad investment or simply bad luck but thought to share.

By the way, based on the kind of person I am due to the low traffic I was getting and free time I got I used that spare time to build 3 new websites and now I am working on building them to profitability. Man never back down cool

Can you teach me please?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hahn(m): 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
Yoshy:

Can you teach me please?

Can you pay for my time?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by menthane(m): 6:34pm On Dec 26, 2018
August 22, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Yoshy: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
hahn:

Can you pay for my time?

Maybe, let me know, better still we may exchange info if you don't know how to earn big from freelancing yet.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Slayar: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
I invested in BTD Multiglobal Ltd along with about 8000 investors, this company claimed to do a sort of mutual funds which they claimed 100% insurance for first time investors and 50% insurance for other investors in the event of loss of funds. Guess what? When the problem started ,the company wasn't even registered, I lost N500,000 .The case is with EFCC currently.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by scarphase(m): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2018
zicoraads:
I met this guy while I was serving. We became pretty close because we had a lot of things in common. And we were staying in the same room and finished from the same school. He told me about a business he started while in school, but due to some family issues, had to make use of the money earned and all. It sounded good, because before now, I had heard about people buying yams from Niger and Benue states and selling them off in places like the South South region at huge profits.

The fact that I was familiar with how costly and cheap yams are in these places made it seem like a very good ides to follow.

Long story short: I collected 200k from my sister and put in 300k of mine. Traveled to Niger and bought yams from a village along Lapai road. We traveled with the truck and met a guy in Effurun, whom he said was the person he always sold it to. Spent about a week in Delta state and sold everything, with the profits coming being about 200k, after expenses and whatnot. Got 300k and added to everything we had and came back to Niger to buy more.

Couldn't follow them back due to other factors that were beyond my control. Lost about 1.3 million altogether on his way back. He said he was robbed. But up till now, the news and the numbness of it never made me ask follow-up questions to the bloody pictures I saw.

I didn't quite recover from that for a long time.

Can we talk about this?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by DrAdonis: 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2018
adanny01:

I got my boss a 200m ministry of works contract earlier this yr, he refused to finance it saying that its too close to elections.

We sold it out and counted our loss.

The guy who bought it did 60% and has since been trying to get paid. I hope he gets paid sha cos that ministry get as e be. You need serious leg to get paid there.

Buhari tried to sanitize that ministry but the right effect has not been felt. At least they dont dish out contracts anyhow like they did under GEJ when the funds to pay where obviously not available.

Hi, if the guy that bought it has still not been paid, I can help him get paid so we could discuss business.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by oyetpel(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
In 2016 i made upto 1000 copies of magazine with almost #600,000.

The magazine was solely based on Nigeria league, the title of the magazine is 'Scoreline'. I thought Nigeria league was gaining recognition then cos Dstv were showing some of their matches on Television.

I was in a whatsapp group with chairman of the league Shehu Dicko, i chatted him up about the magazine, the man didn't reply me. Some other Nigeria sport journalists also kept mum when i posted the magazine in the group.

I was only able to sell 20 copies at Lekan Salami stadium in Ibadan at 500 per each.

A great loss, it contributed to the poverty facing my family till now.

How i wish i had known how to do graphics design.

Since then, i had never cared about the Nigeria league again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by walewriter: 1:24am On Dec 27, 2018
1.2 et hereum available. Trusted sel lers only. what sapp 0816948175eight
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 27, 2018
Connoisseur:
2014: Lost 4m in fast food business
Feb 2016: Lost 1m in the cashew business.

Sept 2016: Lost $43,500 at the heat of the dollar crisis
I exported containers of garlic through a contact from Nairaland, buyer refused to pay. The containers still sit at the port of Karachi as at this time.

Feb 2018: Lost about 8m in the lead ore business from another guy here on Nairaland. Story for another day.

It might seem like I am careless, maybe I am. I make it as fast as I lose it. As long as my head remains above my shoulders, I will keep moving.
Stumble, rise #keepwalking
can I work for you?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by hahn(m): 9:53am On Dec 27, 2018
Yoshy:

Maybe, let me know, better still we may exchange info if you don't know how to earn big from freelancing yet.

But I am not interested in freelancing
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Yoshy: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2018
hahn:

But I am not interested in freelancing

I am interested in yours, let's talk your price.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by princealbashir: 10:54am On Dec 27, 2018
Purplekush:
as a 28 yr old who was fresh out of service. I started online buisness with my blog and was raking in 250 to 300k plus per month. after like 3 months the income rose to 1mil plus and even 2.some in some months.

Then I started trying out new investments...

LONG STORY SHORT: lost 800k to MMM. By Feb when MMM was confirmed to have crashed, I went ahead to lose another 1 Million naira and 6 months trying to set up another online business.

The painful part was not the 6 months of no income but the bad timing.

because, I had already paid for some plots of land before then. Paid for my new apartment. Was about making down payment for a new Corolla 2015 model when MMM crashed... and the investment started acting funny.

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

I come lose lappy wey I buy 250k then Acer V Nitro. I was so depressed the only thing that kept me from SUICIDE was MaryJane. I owe my life to her smiley

But then I was able to cash out around 300k plus on the 1mil investment and I am currently on another HOT NICHE and just 2 months in it i am glad to say I now make at least 9 to 15k a day.

By God's grace and if this one goes well, I should be hitting 7figures per month from next year. INSHA ALLAH! AMEN.

Nothing beats losing money to some yeye deal. It brings out the adrenaline in you.

WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL STARTERS: think Internet business. It's cheap to start and gives you room to make mistakes with less financial loses. Besides, the ROI is totally insane!

I used to have a set of video courses for pple who are always asking "show me the way" but then nobody wants to put in work. Most peeps just want free money.

Brother, please how can I get the videos? Ready to work/learn....
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Generalkorex(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2018
Yoshy:

Just curious, how is it going now? I hope you're bouncing back.

If you still need a side paying gig, I know something you can do, kindly hit me up if interested.

sharpboymekorex@gmail. Com
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by byesense105: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
Chief, i am so sorry for your loss, but i am sure u will be better off in no time
Can you please helpa brother...
I am interested in learning this online hustles, butt dont know how to go about it
Can you please help a brother out.....
thanks

hahn:
What happened to me this year sef just get as e be.

So I was finally making N25k daily from my website and saved more than N1m and decided to hire a professional SEO company to handle my seo so that I can rank for more keywords and make more money. My target is to make 100k+ daily which is actually what my competition make.

The SEO company charged N150k per month and on the first month we found out that Google had penalized my site because of a Yoast plugin issue. With the Yoast plugin new update they was an option which was usually turned off by default but was on with the new update and thus pages were created automatically using images and no content. Coincidentally Google's new algo or whatever just came out and in it included a rule against pages with only images. And thus I was bleeped.

You can read more about the Yoast issue here https://charlesfloate.co.uk/yoast-mess-up. Many people were affected by this issue. If you go through the comments you will see one guy complaining about how he went from $1,000 per month to $100 because of his drop in traffic.

Also the seo company discovered that for some reason my backlinks created to my website were being removed so now I had to pay for on-site seo and also backlinks. To cut the long story short I spent all my savings trying to resolve this issue and I am still working on building more backlinks.

Daily income has gone down to N5k-N10k daily and yes I am royally bleeped because I have to fuel my gen and run it for 24 hours as we barely have power here. Nepa did not even blink the light throughout the weekend and as I write this the generator is on and making noise. Data, feeding, diapers, baby food etc sef dey there but we are managing.

I don't even know what to call this one. Whether bad investment or simply bad luck but thought to share.

By the way, based on the kind of person I am due to the low traffic I was getting and free time I got I used that spare time to build 3 new websites and now I am working on building them to profitability. Man never back down cool
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by walewriter: 12:13pm On Dec 27, 2018
1.2 ETH available. Call/WhatsApp 08169481758
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by nikaShow(m): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2018
Slayar:
I invested in BTD Multiglobal Ltd along with about 8000 investors, this company claimed to do a sort of mutual funds which they claimed 100% insurance for first time investors and 50% insurance for other investors in the event of loss of funds. Guess what? When the problem started ,the company wasn't even registered, I lost N500,000 .The case is with EFCC currently.

Me too.

1.4 million.

I only invested after 2 of my trusted guys had been investing with them for over 2 years.

I first did 200k. Withdrew it. Then 600k. Then 800k.

It pained me and took me to ground zero, had to shut down some of my farms. I'm a fish farmer.

But God dey.

There's nothing we lost that we don't have the capacity to recover.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by bukkysam(f): 11:44pm On Dec 27, 2018
All this thing tire me oooo. Let me keep my bad market experience for another day. Thank you
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by winnerr(m): 2:13am On Dec 28, 2018
Purplekush:
as a 28 yr old who was fresh out of service. I started online buisness with my blog and was raking in 250 to 300k plus per month. after like 3 months the income rose to 1mil plus and even 2.some in some months.

Then I started trying out new investments...

LONG STORY SHORT: lost 800k to MMM. By Feb when MMM was confirmed to have crashed, I went ahead to lose another 1 Million naira and 6 months trying to set up another online business.

The painful part was not the 6 months of no income but the bad timing.

because, I had already paid for some plots of land before then. Paid for my new apartment. Was about making down payment for a new Corolla 2015 model when MMM crashed... and the investment started acting funny.

I was TOTALLY SCREWED!

I come lose lappy wey I buy 250k then Acer V Nitro. I was so depressed the only thing that kept me from SUICIDE was MaryJane. I owe my life to her smiley

But then I was able to cash out around 300k plus on the 1mil investment and I am currently on another HOT NICHE and just 2 months in it i am glad to say I now make at least 9 to 15k a day.

By God's grace and if this one goes well, I should be hitting 7figures per month from next year. INSHA ALLAH! AMEN.

Nothing beats losing money to some yeye deal. It brings out the adrenaline in you.

WORD OF ADVICE TO ALL STARTERS: think Internet business. It's cheap to start and gives you room to make mistakes with less financial loses. Besides, the ROI is totally insane!

I used to have a set of video courses for pple who are always asking "show me the way" but then nobody wants to put in work. Most peeps just want free money.

I'm ready to learn and work. What do I do?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Scott6688(m): 2:52am On Dec 28, 2018
We are the factory of shade net from China.
My email is: fan(@)sdbapima.com

Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Scott6688(m): 2:53am On Dec 28, 2018
You can do business with our factory.
winnerr:

I'm ready to learn and work. What do I do?
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Scott6688(m): 2:56am On Dec 28, 2018
We are very interested in the market of Africa.
My email is: fan(@)sdbapima.com
We can talk more details.

HardMirror:
This is in response to this wonderful thread https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first

After going through the thread i realized that many had made money but lost all or a good chunk.

This is my own story.

Abattoir Investment

As a student in Futa, i usually patronized a butcher called Nurai at the abattoir behind Chicken Republic at FUTA Junction. The guy was very nice to us and always gave us extra meat to what we bought. When i had my first major breakthrough, this guy was the first person that came to my mind.

I gave Mr. Nurai 500,000 naira as investment into the business. The man lost all the money within a few months. I still like him and i know he did not do it intentionally but it was a big blow to my finances when i needed a backup source of income.

business agreement with a nairalander i wont mention his name, but i had an agreement with a nairalander, but i suspect he diverted the money into mmm. Long story short he still owes me 400k after refunding about 600k to me.

Ministry of works contract
Never take a contract during elections. Goodluck Jonathan awarded lots of contracts a few months to the 2015 elections. I got several road furnishing contracts November 2014. Unfortunately we had to borrow money to do the Job. Lost about N7million there. Government still owing us 54million (i did it in partnership with another company in Abuja) it was a massive blow and my worst mistake in life not just business.

What is your own story? Be honest and detailed so we can learn from each other.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by winnerr(m): 9:12am On Dec 28, 2018
Scott6688:
I'm an undergraduate, sir.
Re: What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? by Emmanuel602(m): 11:07am On Dec 28, 2018
WilliamsNedd:

That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for the encouragement. My biz is about starting now. It's a betting biz.

I hope you are going as an agent. Because if you are planning to start gambling with people's money it would be very rough ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply)

How To Build Enviable Income As An Email Copywriter In 2020.,, / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard / Nigerians React To Sani Dangote Son Engagement To Malaysian Billionaire Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.