Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:30 PM

Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS (52874 Views)

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / 6 Tips To Estimate The Cost Of Building A Duplex In Nigeria / Is Building On A Water Logged Or Swampy Area Advisable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by TechCapon(m): 8:27am On Nov 19, 2018
TechCapon

It will surprise you to know that Dubai, one of the world’s iconic Tourist destinations is building a rotating skyscraper that can rotate 360 degrees in both directions. Designed by Italian architect David Fisher, the 420m Rotating Tower features 80 pre-fabricated apartments spinning a full 360 degrees (at voice command) around a central column by means of 79 giant wind turbines located between the floors. In this post techcapon will be giving you a full review of this iconic structure.

Furthermore, Dubai has made it the country’s number one goal to diversify it’s economy from oil to tourism. It has become home to some of the world’s record holding structures. Such as the world’s tallest building, the world’s biggest shopping mall, the world’s largest man-made island. Now the world’s first rotating skyscraper.

Dynamic hotels (also called Da Vinci tower)

Dynamic hotels is the name of this rotating structure . It will be completed in 2 years time, that’s the year 2020. This futuristic building is going be have 80 floors and will feature revolving floors, some of which could have moved on voice command, providing the building with an ever- changing shape along with a changing view for the residents.

This building is going to cost the United Arab Emirates government an estimated $330 million. The concept is so unique that as each floor rotates individually, the entire shape of the building changes constantly; you may never see the same building twice.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by TechCapon(m): 8:28am On Nov 19, 2018
TechCapon

The concept is a very simple one. The building will have a concrete core like the image you see above. The core will be constructed right there on the construction site. Each floor will have 40 luxury apartment units. However, they will be designed and constructed at the factory and shipped to the construction site. The luxury apartments will have full air-conditioning, plumbing etc. After it is shipped to the construction site, it will be installed on the concrete core one by one. Wind turbines and solar panels will provide the tower with clean energy.

Special features of the Dynamic hotels

Don’t go anywhere, there’s more. Another thing is, a special elevator built inside the central concrete core will allow residents transport their cars to their floor and park it next to their apartment. A floor will be supplied with clean water using the same technology used to re-fuel an airplane mid-flight. According to CNN, Voice-activated technology would allow residents to rotate their apartments in any direction they want just by speaking to the apartment.

However, this hotel will no doubt be for the super-rich when completed. Architect David Fisher said he got the idea for the tower while staring out of the Olympic Tower in New York. It’s a good thing that UAE is diversifying their economy away from oil and what better way to invest their money than in tourism. It makes the country beautiful and makes billions of dollars in revenue at the same time.

WATCH VIDEO HERE

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/everything-you-should-know-about-dubais-rotating-skyscraper/

10 Likes

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by pacino26(m): 9:03am On Nov 19, 2018
We're still planning on producing pencils.

Till I meet the angel that drafted me to Nigeria first.

324 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by LeeMason(m): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2018
We have been diversifying from oil since 1999, yet no visible proof of it.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by TechCapon(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2018
pacino26:
We're still planning on producing pencils.

Till I meet the angel that drafted me to Nigeria first.
grin

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2018
Omoooo shocked
Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by mrjaydee(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2018
we are still constructing "ultra-modern" boreholes in this country

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Waakanda: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2018
Wonders
Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by mytime24(f): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2018
dsame oil money angry

While Naija can't even boast of 24h light undecided

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by jeph19(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2018
LeeMason:
We have been diversifying from oil since 1999, yet no visible proof of it.

You can imagine... What a country
Recycled and refurbished thieves in suits, senators and agbada

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by wakeupafricanyo: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2018
Nigerians please
Google a minute silence for buhari in AU summit (AFRICAN UNION SUMMIT)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by fiftynaira(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2018
This politicians don’t care about us remember that as you even vote.

5 Likes

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2018
TechCapon why na? This level of sophistication is making my heart pain me for being a Nigerian.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Realisticallyme: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2018
Before 2% of the worlds tourists will come visiting, they have already made their money n grow their economy.
one half illiterate cow rearer is her campaigning for a second tenure, when his first was a complete failure.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Chizzyjoyce(f): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2018
grin

Vision 3030 for Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by sukerefakere(m): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2018
Time to leave this useless kwantri.
We are still strategizing and brainstorming on how to produce candle and mosquito coil.

Shithole.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by tegrianonigltd(m): 10:32am On Nov 19, 2018
mytime24:
dsame oil money angry

While Naija can't even boast of 24h light undecided

And some idiots will be supporting these leaders, it baffles me, I still can’t imagine

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by stevenson007: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2018
a

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by naijaboiy: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
Good for them.
Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by JoseVanMoyes: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by madridguy(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Ayhomes(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
Op you are on point... I love Dubai

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
mrjaydee:
we are still constructing "ultra-modern" boreholes in this country
grin > cheesy ultra modern

7 Likes

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Princedapace(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
People are here blaming God.. When u and I are the ones defending these leaders.. To those of u who have not traveled before, if u travel out of this country, u will may hate ur self for ever coming from this part of the world..

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how to earn money online, kindly check out my profile and read my thread on how I make money online.

Freelancing is growing all over the world. It remains one of the best ways to earn side or full time income. To do well as a freelancer, u must learn competitive skill, learn to brand your self, package your brand and send out compelling proposals..
Well, I can teach u all these if u are interested.. Check my profile and read my thread on freelancing..

4 Likes

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by KingMicky3286: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by IkemChris(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
Sometimes I just wonder what is the head of our leaders cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Naughtytboy: 10:33am On Nov 19, 2018
The fact fact is we dont have the talent they have, when it comes to tecnology.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by BruncleZuma: 10:34am On Nov 19, 2018
Okay
Re: Dubai Is Building A Rotating Skyscraper. Here's Everything You Should Know. PICS by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 19, 2018
Chizzyjoyce:
grin

Vision 3030 for Nigeria

vision 5050

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) / PILLING:CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TRIPLET WITH BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Share Your Face Me I Face You Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.