Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK - Education (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK (220707 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Abokii8(m): 5:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
How many marks for a class of degree
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by PrestraphD(m): 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
I was asked
XtraSmooth404:
Who else was asked if he/she wanted full funding or part?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
PrestraphD:
I was asked
I was asked too
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Enwayi(f): 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
How was ur interview? Gist us please
Saimeritus:

I was asked too
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by JOD1: 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
Please, how was that of UNN today?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by JOD1: 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
PhD or MSc, please?
VIVIACHRIS:
My Dearie's. This interview is sooo personal like your full name.

The way they bombarded me with questions today , left right centre, like say na only me nor vote buhari for this naija.

Sote they go ask me my research and methodology for undergraduate project.

Abi wan burst cry...... I almost talk say I nor want scholarship again make dem free me.

For the first time in my life, I con regret say I get first class because they wan just kill me.....

Biko, prepare for your interview well, carry your sop along, you may just meet like my interviewers, e nor go funny if you just waka come.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by jayned: 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
XtraSmooth404:

I was. asked. I didn't even know there was partial funding. they asked why I wanted full funding. I was like 'seriously'? in my mind oooo.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
You mean there is no score fore C6? So how do they select the first five credits, including English and Maths? supposing one combined results and made more than 8 papers including A's and B's, so which 5 are they going to select first?

Saryea83:
Mine was Abuja:
Grading of WAEC:
A1 = 6mks
B2 = 5mks
B3 = 4mks
C4 = 3mks
C5 = 2mks
Only 5 subjects will be taken which must include English and Mathematics.
I was really drilled as if I was going for PhD. How can they ask me what type of experiment are going to perform. Give us detail analysis. Hmm I fear, but the Grading is just based on certificates, qualification and publications. Award too is very necessary. Did last year and again this year. Having award is not a guarantee cos I have two international academic awards. It has to do with competitors in same state with you.
All the best guys!
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by bolarinwa346(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
Was there no interview at Port Harcourt centre today? Lol... Still expecting updates from today's experience, please o.

Cheers!
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by SorbariIgbiri: 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
PHD interviewees..... pls kindly drop an update.......
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Augustinadangs: 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
Got to the centre (Abuja) around 1:30pm.
Security man: Who are you here to see?
Me: I'm here for PTDF scholarship interview.
Sec man: Let me see your invite.
I showed him.
Sec man: It says 3pm. Go to shop rite and wait till it's 2:30pm. I already sent some candidates there.
Me: Driver take me to shoprite.
In my mind I was telling myself why not go and chill before facing death. GOT fans understand.
Lemme cut the long story short.
I was invited into the conference room by a lady. She was emphasizing that we stay calm. Maybe many before me were panicking and sweating under AC.
I went in.
They told me to sit while they calculated scores for the candidate before me. They finished just as the lady usher finished collecting my certificates.
She collected two SOPs and told me to keep 1.
I didn't give her any publications or awards.
After handing everything to them they asked me my name and then searched for it on their systems. One said he's number 2. The other said 54. My heart cut. I got calm after 1 said, "he's number 2 from that his place". Yeah, he asked for my state so I guess he imputed during the search.
After locating my weird name one asked me to talk about my SOP. I talked for a while before he was done arranging what he was arranging and signaled me to stop. As if he didn't want the other interviewer to know he is asking me to stop.
They now asked me questions from what I told them when I was talking about the SOP.
They asked me to explain catalytic cracking. I must confess that the man didn't know how to ask the question. He had to rephrase like 3 times. I was just waiting for him to show himself. After I talked about catalytic cracking and how my research relates to it and other processes in the industry, they both were moving their heads in approval.
Next thing I heard was, "You are only focused on the downstream. What about mid stream and upstream ".
In my heart, I was like, all no be oil and gas.
I told them it wasn't limited to downstream and explained its applications in the upstream, plus how it will help solve global warming. I even used the AC in the room to explain.
One now spoke Hausa, thinking I don't understand.
In the course of my explanation, I stated that I had a published thesis and they requested for it. I gave them through the beautiful usher.
After bombarding me with questions like, do you know dash dash dash type of what I am developing, they said, "u can leave".
That was when I asked them about my awards. The man was like, "look at this young man".
They requested for everything and recorded.
Sorry, I don't know how to say short stories.
Good night and Goodluck to us all

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Augustinadangs: 8:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
I heard one of the interviewers say they shouldn't include PTDF undergrade award so it won't look like the person has a godfather there
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Augustinadangs: 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Those of you doubting if it's possible to get this scholarship base on merit.
I know someone who got it base on merit but he confessed that when you get there u will meet people that never even showed up for interview. All I can say is, maybe there's money they give to those who merit it and money they can give any idiot they love. Just do your thing and hope it's your time.

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by JOD1: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
Any UNN in the house for tomorrow? Those that were interviewed today, could you kindly tell us how it went? Thank you.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by bolarinwa346(m): 9:13pm On Apr 29, 2019
Augustinadangs:
Got to the centre (Abuja) around 1:30pm.
Security man: Who are you here to see?
Me: I'm here for PTDF scholarship interview.
Sec man: Let me see your invite.
I showed him.
Sec man: It says 3pm. Go to shop rite and wait till it's 2:30pm. I already sent some candidates there.
Me: Driver take me to shoprite.
In my mind I was telling myself why not go and chill before facing death. GOT fans understand.
Lemme cut the long story short.
I was invited into the conference room by a lady. She was emphasizing that we stay calm. Maybe many before me were panicking and sweating under AC.
I went in.
They told me to sit while they calculated scores for the candidate before me. They finished just as the lady usher finished collecting my certificates.
She collected two SOPs and told me to keep 1.
I didn't give her any publications or awards.
After handing everything to them they asked me my name and then searched for it on their systems. One said he's number 2. The other said 54. My heart cut. I got calm after 1 said, "he's number 2 from that his place". Yeah, he asked for my state so I guess he imputed during the search.
After locating my weird name one asked me to talk about my SOP. I talked for a while before he was done arranging what he was arranging and signaled me to stop. As if he didn't want the other interviewer to know he is asking me to stop.
They now asked me questions from what I told them when I was talking about the SOP.
They asked me to explain catalytic cracking. I must confess that the man didn't know how to ask the question. He had to rephrase like 3 times. I was just waiting for him to show himself. After I talked about catalytic cracking and how my research relates to it and other processes in the industry, they both were moving their heads in approval.
Next thing I heard was, "You are only focused on the downstream. What about mid stream and upstream ".
In my heart, I was like, all no be oil and gas.
I told them it wasn't limited to downstream and explained its applications in the upstream, plus how it will help solve global warming. I even used the AC in the room to explain.
One now spoke Hausa, thinking I don't understand.
In the course of my explanation, I stated that I had a published thesis and they requested for it. I gave them through the beautiful usher.
After bombarding me with questions like, do you know dash dash dash type of what I am developing, they said, "u can leave".
That was when I asked them about my awards. The man was like, "look at this young man".
They requested for everything and recorded.
Sorry, I don't know how to say short stories.
Good night and Goodluck to us all
Thanks for the sharing. Are you PhD or MSc aspirant?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Sheddy79(m): 9:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Na waah oh! I tire oh!

bolarinwa346:
Was there no interview at Port Harcourt centre today? Lol... Still expecting updates from today's experience, please o.

Cheers!
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Augustinadangs: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
MSC
bolarinwa346:

Thanks for the sharing. Are you PhD or MSc aspirant?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by horreyneeyo: 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=bolarinwa346 post=77966964]

Thanks for the post
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by horreyneeyo: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
PhD guys. What is the Maximum awards and publications for our category
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by JOD1: 10:39pm On Apr 29, 2019
According to a PTDF help line, I was told to just come with the Registration Pin. That can do.
nana06:
Guys....
Please how do I get my application slip??
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by dokarachi: 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone interviewed for PhD at Uniport? Plz drop advice for us all
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by nana06: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
JOD1:
According to a PTDF help line, I was told to just come with the Registration Pin. That can do.
I finally figured out a way to...
Log back into your page and click on your application...
Afterwards, contrl p
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by daudmd: 5:05am On Apr 30, 2019
Kaduna centre please give us update house.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Almisbahu(m): 6:04am On Apr 30, 2019
XtraSmooth404:
I was asked the same question. It was the last Q they asked me @Kaduna center. What do u think about the Q bro?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Optimisticmatt: 6:12am On Apr 30, 2019
Almisbahu:

I was asked the same question. It was the last Q they asked me @Kaduna center. What do u think about the Q bro?
how was the interview in Kaduna.... What kind of questions did they ask? Thanks
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Almisbahu(m): 6:19am On Apr 30, 2019
daudmd:
Kaduna centre please give us update house.
Go back to the previous threads, I shared something related to my interview @ Kaduna center. To add to it, try to go through all the docs u used while applying and know ur proposed are of specialization. Different applicants were asked different questions. One never can tell how his own is gonna be. Learn from all the experiences of people that shared their interview drama here, irrespective of the center. Best of luck bro.
Cheers
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Almisbahu(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2019
Pls who has this year's ptdf assessment grading scale? Someone told us about the ssce scale, I think if we can get the other parts it will be of help.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Fremaxx: 7:38am On Apr 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by EngrVin: 7:42am On Apr 30, 2019
They should behave ooo... That's the only award I currently have

Augustinadangs:
I heard one of the interviewers say they shouldn't include PTDF undergrade award so it won't look like the person has a godfather there
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by PrestraphD(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2019
As it stands now. PTDF is doing 2 in 1 interview. One for Uk the other for France/Germany from the slot they shortlisted. I doubt unlike last year another opening would be out as you are solely choosing Uk or other countries.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by 4MNO: 9:42am On Apr 30, 2019
Augustinadangs:
MSC

Such indept questioning for MSc? Please I'll like to connect with you via whatsapp or email. Could you pls oblige me ... . Thanks
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by isyourboy(m): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2019
PrestraphD:
As it stands now. PTDF is doing 2 in 1 interview. One for Uk the other for France/Germany from the slot they shortlisted. I doubt unlike last year another opening would be out as you are solely choosing Uk or other countries.

I pity Nigerian youth. When they've already shortlisted the names of those to be awarded the scholarship. you're here talking about the interview. everything na connection Abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (78) (Reply)

Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission / Mtn Foundation Scholarship 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.