Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK (220847 Views)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2018
AKB1:

Include your paper's ISSN, ULR/DOI. You can also add any publication certificate but I don't think it's necessary (check PTDF advert on publication)

Thanks bro.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2018
IFearGod:
Who else has submitted the consent medical form on DAAD website?
How did you go about the daad application?
They requested for a Supervisor and research topic.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 07, 2018
Saimeritus:

How did you go about the daad application?
They requested for a Supervisor and research topic.
Yes, a supervisor is required but research topic is a compulsory but important.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
IFearGod:
Yes, a supervisor is required but research topic is a compulsory but important.
Please how did you go about the Supervisor?
Have contacted TUM and TUB but they insist that I get admission before that.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
Saimeritus:

Please how did you go about the Supervisor?
Have contacted TUM and TUB but they insist that I get admission before that.
I have a letter already. You could reach out to any of your lecturer or immediate boss at work. All you need is just one person... without it you won't be able to submit the form.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2018
IFearGod:
I have a letter already. You could reach out to any of your lecturer or immediate boss at work. All you need is just one person... without it you won't be able to submit the form.

Be advised that a thesis supervisor should not be mistaken for a line supervisor (job).
You were mostly likely asked to submit details of a proposed thesis director and the proposed research topic from your choice institution in Germany.... and not a recommendation letter from your boss at work.

Cheers
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
scarplanet:

Be advised that a thesis supervisor should not be mistaken for a line supervisor (job).
You were mostly likely asked to submit details of a proposed thesis director and the proposed research topic from your choice institution in Germany.... and not a recommendation letter from your boss at work.

Cheers
Oh if that's what you mean, we don't need to provide any thesis supervisor. In fact, we are not allowed to make any contact whatsoever with the institution in Germany.

Initially thought you were asking about the recommendation letter from a supervisor.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
scarplanet:

Cheers
You can still submit your application without it
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by alfarouq(m): 6:19am On Dec 08, 2018
scarplanet:

Cheers
Boss, please I need your help with these.
Last year, my statement of purpose got me a seat at the interview for the Germany France et al. I made little modification and still used it for the UK but was not invited for the interview.
I am in a dilemma as to whether to use a similar statement of purpose or whether to draft a new one.
Thanks
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by sagaciousmind: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2018
I would make reference to this article published last year where PTDF management explained the change of Scholarship process.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/141942/

To summarise this article, PTDF was saying they were giving both MSc and PhD candidates the chance to undergo the interview process, unlike in previous years where MSc applicants were required to take aptitude tests. Specifically the Manager of Education and Training Department said: “For the M.Sc candidates we have asked to write a statement of purpose as to why they wish to study the subject area that they have chosen, in addition, of course, to their credentials."

That is to say, since the interviews will be common to both, and previous PhD recipients attest to the research proposal being an important criteria for assessment, then it looks like the SOP could be a big deal for MSc applicants.

I've seen several people asking if Statement of purpose, professional associations and publications would count towards their success. I'd say that everything they have requested should be taken into consideration in making the application stand out. Remember the competition is fierce!

There's also a lot of information you could gather from the 2018/2019 Scholarship thread.

For application, SOP, research proposal and interview consultation
Email: ask@expressrefiners.com
Whatsapp: +2348148765428

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by joyce777: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
jemmyjae:
I have BSC Microbiology Pls m i eligible to apply 4 ptdf?

You are eligible but then you have to apply for a different field like biotechnology.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2018
alfarouq:

Boss, please I need your help with these.
Last year, my statement of purpose got me a seat at the interview for the Germany France et al. I made little modification and still used it for the UK but was not invited for the interview.
I am in a dilemma as to whether to use a similar statement of purpose or whether to draft a new one.
Thanks

With every single passing day, i believe we grow in experience. I am certain that if you were to write your SoP from the scratch, it wouldnt be thesame as it is now.
My advise for you is to put your current SoP aside, not necessarily discarding it, then formulate a new one. When you are through, compare it with the old one. There is every tendency that you might be more creative in the new SoP.

From my experience, it is more likely that your SoP disqualified you after the interview than it got you to the interview stage.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2018
IFearGod:
Oh if that's what you mean, we don't need to provide any thesis supervisor. In fact, we are not allowed to make any contact whatsoever with the institution in Germany.

Initially thought you were asking about the recommendation letter from a supervisor.

It might amaze you to know that there are a few persons applying for this year's PTDF, who already have informal agreement with supervisors.

However at this stage, having a supervisor doesnt really make much of a sense because there is still the interview stage to contend with. Nevertheless, it will cause no harm to have a look at your choice institution and department, and acquaint yourself with some of the thesis directors and their research interests.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2018
I should have said this earlier but it must have escaped my mind...

If you are intending to select IFP or UPMC institutions in france, you must be certain to have a very sound academic qualification to stand any chance. The competitiveness makes disqualification rate very high.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2018
scarplanet:

It might amaze you to know that there are a few persons applying for this year's PTDF, who already have informal agreement with supervisors.

However at this stage, having a supervisor doesnt really make much of a sense because there is still the interview stage to contend with. Nevertheless, it will cause no harm to have a look at your choice institution and department, and acquaint yourself with some of the thesis directors and their research interests.

Cheers
That's a good suggestion, bro. Thanks
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by alfarouq(m): 5:59am On Dec 09, 2018
scarplanet:

Cheers
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by jjohndoe83: 11:39am On Dec 09, 2018
scarplanet:

Cheers
Hello sir. Do you know if any lawyers have ever been awarded this scholarship? I'm just a little curious. Thanks.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2018
jjohndoe83:

Hello sir. Do you know if any lawyers have ever been awarded this scholarship? I'm just a little curious. Thanks.

I dont know of any lawyer, and i honestly do not see how the law profession can fit into the demands of the scholarship.

I stand to be corrected though.

Best Wishes.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by jjohndoe83: 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2018
scarplanet:

I dont know of any lawyer, and i honestly do not see how the law profession can fit into the demands of the scholarship.

I stand to be corrected though.

Best Wishes.
There are courses for LLMs snd PhDs in oil and gas law in the list supplied by PTDF. The oil and gas industry is a regulation sensitive one. The right kind of laws can be veey helpful for the industry. The wrong kind csn stifle up abd cause it to underperform. Besides, no matter the know - how ptdf pours into the industry if there is a deficit in law and policy, then we go back to square one. The failure to enact the PIGB into lawcis a very obvious example of this.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by XtraSmooth404: 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
scarplanet:

If you are intending to select IFP or UPMC institutions in france, you must be certain to have a very sound academic qualification to stand any chance. The competitiveness makes disqualification rate very high.

Cheers
Please can you throw more light on this? You mean disqualification from the schools? If yes, then it's almost the same thing with UCL and few other UK schools. That means we should pick low ranking schools or something?
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
XtraSmooth404:

Please can you throw more light on this? You mean disqualification from the schools? If yes, then it's almost the same thing with UCL and few other UK schools. That means we should pick low ranking schools or something?

Just read the requirement for a particular school & course you have chosen, as long as you met the requirements, then get ready to for PTDF interview.

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THE SCHOLARSHIP ITSELF IS EXTREMELY Competitive, if you passed the interview stage, you will definitely get into the school you have chosen,

Be confident & apply, after all application Na free
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by ExpertNLer: 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2018
Do you mean disqualification from the program or like denial of admission? yes IFP is quite competitive but if you have solid grades and relevant experience one can get it
scarplanet:

Cheers
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 09, 2018
Please is it possible for someone with no publication or award get d scholarship
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 11:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
jjohndoe83:

There are courses for LLMs snd PhDs in oil and gas law in the list supplied by PTDF. The oil and gas industry is a regulation sensitive one. The right kind of laws can be veey helpful for the industry. The wrong kind csn stifle up abd cause it to underperform. Besides, no matter the know - how ptdf pours into the industry if there is a deficit in law and policy, then we go back to square one. The failure to enact the PIGB into lawcis a very obvious example of this.

I quite agree with you.
If there are Law or LLMs programmes available in the scholarship, which i think there are for UK institutions, then i by all means encourage Lawyers to apply.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Deepocean(m): 11:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
ExpertNLer:
Do you mean disqualification from the program or like denial of admission? yes IFP is quite competitive but if you have solid grades and relevant experience one can get it

Were you saying that the probability of a 2.2 student with CGPA between 3.4 and 3.5 is zero in getting admission into IFP? because IFP is one of my choices, and I finished with 2.2 with CGPA between that grade range. If the hope is not worth "risking" can you please suggest schools that accept 2.2. Thanks.
In addition to the information, I don't have any experience in oil and gas firm as a geoscientist.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Deepocean(m): 11:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
scarplanet:

Cheers

Were you saying that the probability of a 2.2
student with CGPA between 3.4 and 3.5 is
zero in getting admission into IFP? because
IFP is one of my choices, and I finished with
2.2 with CGPA between that grade range. If
the hope is not worth "risking" can you
please suggest schools that accept 2.2.
Thanks.
In addition to the information, I don't have any
experience in oil and gas firm as a
geoscientist.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by scarplanet(m): 1:54am On Dec 10, 2018
Hi friends,
Please let me clarify the misconception my statement must have created.

First, I have in no means discouraged anyone from selecting any institution of your choice. No.

Second, I have not discouraged anyone from applying for the scholarship, No. I make sure everyone i can reach out to actually take advantage of this opportunity.

However, i am sure we all know that the demands of PTDF actually differs from the requirements of any institution. For example, while PTDF have asked for atleast 2.2 honours with relevant experience to stand qualified, some institutions would only consider a 2.1 while some actually state First Class (or its equivalent).
Now consider the scenario where you get selected by PTDF, but your academic qualification fails to meet up with the demands of your choice institution? Like Jiang suggested, be sure to understand the requirements of your choice department and institution before selecting a school... Very important. Note that i have not in anyways suggested that anyone goes for a low ranked institution, ofcourse we all want the best.

Yes if you get the scholarship then you cant be denied the opportunity of utilizing the scholarship.. atleast not for one more academic session; but one can imagine the feelings when one see his/her colleagues going for studies while one stay back because admission was denied for one reason or another.. For which one might eventually end up changing institution afterwards.

If you have already applied, please do not feel discouraged on the choice of your institution.

It is best to be wise in our decisions, because in the end, wisdom profits in all things.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Jacknn: 10:40am On Dec 10, 2018
Deepocean:

Were you saying that the probability of a 2.2 student with CGPA between 3.4 and 3.5 is zero in getting admission into IFP? because IFP is one of my choices, and I finished with 2.2 with CGPA between that grade range. If the hope is not worth "risking" can you please suggest schools that accept 2.2. Thanks.
In addition to the information, I don't have any experience in oil and gas firm as a geoscientist.

Can someone from a geophysics background bsc level apply for a course like oil and gas engineering for msc,or petroleum engineering,is it acceptable?? Answers needes plz
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Deepocean(m): 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
Jacknn:

Can someone from a geophysics background bsc level apply for a course like oil and gas engineering for msc,or petroleum engineering,is it acceptable?? Answers needes plz

Though I read Geology, but with the knowledge I had in some of the Geophysics courses I borrowed back then, I think you should be able to apply for MSc in oil and gas engineering courses.

But I am not saying this with authority, other things can factor in like the schools you are choosing, they may accept or not accept it. Do your findings concerning the schools, that is most important. And how sound you are in application of Physics and Mathematics. As a Geophysicist, you should be sound in calculations, so coping with the course shouldn't be an issue, but accepting you is what I think you should research on.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by eureka01: 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Hi all.
Who else has noticed that there is no field for publications, awards, references and work experience. I have not submitted my application yet but I am at the SOP stage and it seems that is the final stage.
Please for those that have submitted for Masters, did you notice this or am I the only one?
Thanks.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Deepocean(m): 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
scarplanet:
Hi friends,
Please let me clarify the misconception my statement must have created.

First, I have in no means discouraged anyone from selecting any institution of your choice. No.

Second, I have not discouraged anyone from applying for the scholarship, No. I make sure everyone i can reach out to actually take advantage of this opportunity.

However, i am sure we all know that the demands of PTDF actually differs from the requirements of any institution. For example, while PTDF have asked for atleast 2.2 honours with relevant experience to stand qualified, some institutions would only consider a 2.1 while some actually state First Class (or its equivalent).
Now consider the scenario where you get selected by PTDF, but your academic qualification fails to meet up with the demands of your choice institution? Like Jiang suggested, be sure to understand the requirements of your choice department and institution before selecting a school... Very important. Note that i have not in anyways suggested that anyone goes for a low ranked institution, ofcourse we all want the best.

Yes if you get the scholarship then you cant be denied the opportunity of utilizing the scholarship.. atleast not for one more academic session; but one can imagine the feelings when one see his/her colleagues going for studies while one stay back because admission was denied for one reason or another.. For which one might eventually end up changing institution afterwards.

If you have already applied, please do not feel discouraged on the choice of your institution.

It is best to be wise in our decisions, because in the end, wisdom profits in all things.

Cheers

Actually, you have not not created any misconception, I really understand what you are saying, I just want to be cleared on the academic requirements as regard grading of some schools like IFP, because when I read about the school, it seems to me that it has some links with Imperial College, and with the information I was able to gather on Imperial College, it doesn't accept any grade apart from first class ''I stand to be corrected on that if I am wrong'' So that's is why I just want to know if IFP will accept 2.2. And if you know other schools that consider 2.2. Thanks.
I will be expecting your reply and other view of other members on this.
Re: Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
jemmyjae:
Please is it possible for someone with no publication or award get d scholarship

pls i need an answer to dis

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (78) (Reply)

Delta State University, Abraka 2015/2016 Admissions / Ekiti State University- (EKSU)2013/2014 Admission / Mtn Foundation Scholarship 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.