Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore (7777 Views)

Remi Tinubu, Adeola And Osinowo Are Failed Senators - Lagos PDP / Politicians Hoarding Money To Buy Votes During 2019 Elections, Says Sowore / No Governor In Kwara State, You Only Have PA To Senate President - Says Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Sowore42019: 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2018
Omoyele Sowore, presidential candidate of the African Action Congress (AAC), has berated the candidature of President Muhammadu Buahri and former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, stating that the choice between Buhari and Atiku is one "between failed participants in Nigeria’s democratic history".

He made the statement while addressing Nigerians in the Diaspora at a town hall meeting and fundraiser organised by the #TakeItBack Movement at the Christ International Community Church, Columbus, Ohio.

In his address, Sowore warned the public to be cautious of fake promises and documents which will be used by some candidates to deceive unsuspecting Nigerian.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had announced that campaigns for presidential and National Assembly elections would begin on Sunday, November 18, 2018.
Noting that Nigerians deserve better leaders, Sowore said: “They did an event and launched what they called 'Next Level', but Nigerians are very creative people who can see through all that. They have already done a lot of cartoons which show President Buhari blindfolded and his followers following him over a cliff and they said that is the 'Next Level'. They said the same thing about Atiku with a cartoon, where everyone following him were holding onto their wallets; you know what that means.

“Those who are positioning themselves to lead Nigerians today, are the same people who caused Nigerians pains and sorrow that Nigeria is in today."

Using Biblical analogy, he added that “we have a Barabbas situation on our hands, where there is a young man who did what is right for 19 years and there are two old men who did what is wrong for their entire lives, and people are asked to choose and some of our people are saying they want Barabbas. They do not want a leader who can take Nigeria to glory. They want one of the thieves, but this is not the situation with all of our people.

“Nigerians want a better option; they want someone who can take Nigeria and make it climb out of poverty, hopelessness, and economic and political depression over this years.”

Sowore called on Nigerians to “do the right thing by freeing yourselves of your oppressors who have no fresh ideas or capacity to solve Nigeria's problem which they created".

cc lalasticlala

http://saharareporters.com/2018/11/19/buhari-atiku-are-failed-participants-nigerias-history-says-sowore

7 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
Oga sir, we no want u sef sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
undecided
Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Richdad50(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2018
hmm
Okay
Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by bitcoin215: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
if only we can rally round aspirant from other parties different from apc,pdp,and others who have decided to loot anytime they are in position

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Monimatic(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
The Atiku's plan is God's Plan

3 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Biggty(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
If only Nigerians can look beyond APC nd PDP and vote this guy

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by dam2000(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
Sho baba tell them show dem d way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by salubrious(f): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
He said the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2018
This guy is right.With the way we the youths reason in this country,this country will keep on running on a treadmill angry.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by jeromeoke(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
buhari must go

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by BruncleZuma: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by yommitte00(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by EniHolar(f): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
Will a youth ever lead us in this country with the way these greedy old men are hungrily fighting for power?

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by EmperorShizzy: 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
[b]So far today, I have read several posts and comments on why some people are not supporting Sowore. These are my comments on some of those posts:

[b]The problem is not that Sowore doesn't have support base. The problem is that majority of us who understand that he is better than these old cargoes are still doubting his winning chances. But I say, it's a must he win. If he can pull a shaking number of votes, it will send a signal. There are people better than Sowore but are afraid to come out because they feel Nigerians won't support Good thing's just as they rejected Fawehinmi.
If you and I support him, we will surely convince some others who will convince others...
There is no structure other than you and I- the electorate. Other structures are wrong factors.

Let's begin to call a spade a spade. Sowore is a revolutionary and he is blunt. No apology. We must start changing our notion about some things. Respect is not when you stay humble in addressing someone who is destroying your country just because he is an older person. Respect and humility is seeing everyone as equal to you and loving the masses- which I'm sure Sowore has displayed overtime. Must we be apologetic in describing our bad politicians and their evil?
Nigerian has not gotten so much to that stage, but I think we ought to know better as educated persons. Sowore has always being civil enough.

If you say you are not voting for Sowore, a pro masses, just because "he has a loose mouth" and very blunt but you can vote for an oppressive element just because he knows how to cajole you with sweet mouth, I'm afraid this country may never be any better.
Can we start embracing ideas, mindset and progress ahead of this culture façade that hasn't gotten us anywhere?

Everyone keeps saying Sowore has an idea but how many market woman or al-majiri would hear about him or be convinced on his ideas. But you ain't an al-majiri ryt? Then make your own choice now. Convince those you can and always stand for the best. Even Jesus Christ didn't have everyone support his gospel. So don't be so pessimistic that Sowore does not have that enough crowd to win an election and then joining the wrong side.
For in the end, we shall be judged by our conscience on where we all stand when we were to make choice between a popular evil and unpopular goodness!

Truth is Nigerian politics is moneybag. In fact, politics of the world is money. Materialism is the initial motive for all actions. So that isn't a news. Just shun that money from your own side and vote Sowore if truly you are convinced he is better. Try to convince others too. But if they yield in to money influence, leave them to it. We will all have its effect on us after the election.

Sowore is not religious. Fine, you are absolutely right. If I may ask, what good did the religious OBJ and Buhari offer us so far? Religion is not governance, knowledge and ability is. As a matter of fact, what is more religious than living a life of sacrifice for others? That's what comrades do.

Sowore doesn't have an experience. Let him start from councillor. You are right. He doesn't have an experience is looting, not in abusing human right, not in stealing, not in rigging election, not in illicit affairs. So he is inexperienced on that.
But he is experienced in fighting corruption. He us experienced in sending military rule away and installing democracy. He is experienced in fighting for human rights. He is experienced in saying the unsayable truths and crossing red lines. He is experienced in exposing evils. He is experienced in giving us the best media platform. He is experienced in leading a revolutionary movement that gives hope to so many poor Nigerians to TakeItBack. You have right to choose either of the experience you want- whether the experience these old men have gathered for as many decades without no progress for the country or the experience a brilliant man has gathered over his many years of activism...

What other criticism do you have against him? Come on board and let's discuss it.....
[/b]

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Ijaya123: 3:20pm On Nov 19, 2018
Absolutely. The same ten pence and a pound.
Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by myners007: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
Somebody should advise this Ganja smoking rascal to stop insulting his elders. Let him concentrate on this things he believes he can do to develop the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by jconsulting(f): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2018
A vote for this one is a wasted vote

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Olanireti(m): 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hmm
Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by sowore2019: 3:23pm On Nov 19, 2018
jconsulting:

What is a wasted voted?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Donpeak(f): 3:24pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ireboya:
We want Sowore#2019.
Those who have conscience will vote for SOWORE. HE'S THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. Let's make the right choice for the first ttime! Take Nigeria back Now!!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by folahann(m): 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
I'll rather go with Durotoye than this arrogant and rude dude.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by Sholaco: 3:25pm On Nov 19, 2018
Wetin concern me....as for me and my family na buhari own we dey do smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by netpro(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2018
Monimatic:
The Atiku's plan is God's Plan

^^^ Bloody Liar. How the plan of a Criminal and a verified looter be God's plan. This is the kind heretic comments the atikulooters are deploying to sell their evil agenda.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by EmperorShizzy: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
myners007:
Somebody should advise this Ganja smoking rascal to stop insulting his elders. Let him concentrate on this things he believes he can do to develop the nation.

Let's begin to call a spade a spade. Sowore is a revolutionary and he is blunt. No apology. We must start changing our notion about some things. Respect is not when you stay humble in addressing someone who is destroying your country just because he is an older person. Respect and humility is seeing everyone as equal to you and loving the masses- which I'm sure Sowore has displayed overtime. Must we be apologetic and diplomatic in describing our bad politicians and their evil?
Nigerian has not gotten so much to that stage, but I think we ought to know better as educated persons. Sowore has always being civil enough.
If you say you are not voting for Sowore, a pro masses, just because "he has a loose mouth" and very blunt but you can vote for an oppressive element just because he knows how to cajole you with sweet mouth, I'm afraid this country may never be any better.
Can we start embracing ideas, mindset and progress ahead of this culture façade that hasn't gotten us anywhere?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by EazyMoh(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
Especially Atiku that is coming to make Nigeria paradise for thieves.
Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by no1madman(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
jconsulting:
Think long and hard about it. . .

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by kennosklint(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ireboya:
ode.na failed people u want ba.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Atiku Are Failed Participants In Nigeria's History, Says Sowore by DoubleO07: 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2018
folahann:
I'll rather go with Durotoye than this arrogant and rude dude.

When you speak the truth about a certain matter does not make you arrogant.

Especially when those who should also be saying the truth will rather keep quite and rather tag along with what is bad.

Yes Sowore might be blunt in the way he speaks the truth, but the truth is what he says about Nigeria and the Criminals who distroyed the country and rob us of a better future is not a lie.

Speaking the truth does not make you arrogant.

If it was a lie then Nigeria will not be the way it is now.

I have a lot of respect for Fela and I have had some personal relationship with him in the past and I know he also means well for nigeria the same way sowore does, but I will be honest with you that Nigeira needs a STRONG HAND to deal with the terrible way things are done in the country at the moment.

Sowore has been fighting this guys a 1 person now imagine what he can do as the President of the nation.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan Sacked Justice Salami / June 12 Democracy Day : Indian Foreign Affairs Minister Confirmed Attendance / Lets Analyse Tinubus Remaining Chance Of Winning...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.