Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... (3147 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Innoson Releases Luxury IVM G80 And G40 SUV (Photos) / 2018 Volvo XC40 Unveiled As A Small Premium SUV - Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by saintjoel(m): 6:58pm On Nov 19, 2018
Hello car gurus, a client of mine stays in the area shown below.... A waterlogged area and he needs a SUV fit for the area...

The options are a 2015 Chevy Tahoe or 2010 Lexus GX460 but he is looking at other options..

We are looking for a rugged yet classy SUV, fuel efficient and able to face anything thrown it's way..

Car gurus.... Over to you.....

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by spinna: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2018
Speedboat

4 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by saintjoel(m): 7:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
spinna:
Speedboat

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by HungerMustGo: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ma goy! A river is not a natural habitat of an automobile moto. For a boat yes.

So display the pictures of boats or canoes you want.

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:28pm On Nov 19, 2018
Car and water don't go together. Buy a boat.

If you're bent on buying an SUV, get the GX.

2 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by tahoe(m): 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2018
I like the Tahoe but tell ya friend to buy the Lexus.

But if he can be ordering his parts and isn't concerned about resale value he can go for the Tahoe grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:13pm On Nov 19, 2018
tahoe:
I like the Tahoe

We can see that.

4 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by tahoe(m): 10:08pm On Nov 19, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

We can see that.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by Gabbiecar: 12:00am On Nov 20, 2018
I will go with the gx cos it is more offroad capable (it shares the same platform with the 4runner) and all-round more efficient

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by sultaan(m): 2:00am On Nov 20, 2018
That type of water logged and classy don't give together.

It is either a luxurious vehicles that can do a little offroading or a offroading vehicle that is a little luxurious. For the first Class you have the Range, GX, Grand Cherokee, and higher trims of the 4runner and ownership might cost more.

The real Off-road car for that environment is a Wrangler Unlimited.

Mentions will be 4WD Tundra, F150 and a Z71 Silverado

5 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by omicpet(m): 2:58am On Nov 20, 2018
Strike out luxury

Get a 1999-2004 Tacoma, the Honda 2003-2005 pilot, or the Jeep Wrangler grin.

Now the Jeep Wrangler is your surest best for luxury and off road . You can get the big wheels fit , fix in and take out doors at will grin grin.

Actually you can never go wrong with a Jeep Wrangler . Get the rubicon

4 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by mjksho(m): 4:45am On Nov 20, 2018
Damn. The kain rust wey go affect that car. Yes, like others have mentioned, Wrangler is built for those conditions. People use them a lot for off-roading in the US. But you may need to change the ride height though, like get bigger tires. And a good mechanic in case stuff happen because if Nairaland is anything to go by, na Honda and Toyota mecho full everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by TPound(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2018
Wrangler jeep
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by Mikkylounge: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2018
Land rover defender, Jeep grand cherokee limited, mercedes benz g550, Toyota 4runner. Did someone say the jeep wrangler is luxurious? If you can afford the 2018 jeep wrangler JL (sahara and above), then go for it.
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:09am On Nov 20, 2018
Mikkylounge:
Land rover defender, Jeep grand cherokee limited, mercedes benz g550, Toyota 4runner. Did someone say the jeep wrangler is luxurious? If you can afford the 2018 jeep wrangler JL (sahara and above), then go for it.

Funny, because the GX is a more capable 4runner.

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by Mikkylounge: 9:58am On Nov 20, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Funny, because the GX is a more capable 4runner.
Ok. smiley
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
to me, the best possible vehicle for that location is a caterpillar wrangler Rubicon .. no offense.

but if ur client wants to merge rugged with some class then the Tacoma it is or the ford f150

but if he insists on any of the two.... give him the gx....

if I were in his shoes, I'd park my gx in a paid parking lot somewhere in town, enter my caterpillar wrangler Rubicon and navigate as need be
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by radautoworks: 2:04am On Nov 21, 2018
Land Rover Discovery. Speaking from experience. It was a champ for me during hurricane Ike in Houston... Or was it Katrina? I forget.
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by radautoworks: 2:05am On Nov 21, 2018
It can also be made amphibious with the use of a snorkel
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by sultaan(m): 6:05am On Nov 21, 2018
radautoworks:
Land Rover Discovery. Speaking from experience. It was a champ for me during hurricane Ike in Houston... Or was it Katrina? I forget.

I thought of that,the LR4 and the Pathfinder, but they are less reliable than a Grand Cherokee, and 4runne.A AWD Pilot or Explorer do fit the requirements.

The best will be a light weight 4X4, the Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee, and Subaru Forester are the champion in the North American market.

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by nurey(m): 7:15am On Nov 21, 2018
That land is a marsh land it is not suitable for vehicles. Buy any car but ensure you park far away and take bike to the land. No wheel driven or chain driven vehicle will escape been trapped there.

Besides why build house there when you can farm rice and ROI double in 2 years. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by saintjoel(m): 7:54am On Nov 21, 2018
nurey:
That land is a marsh land it is not suitable for vehicles. Buy any car but ensure you park far away and take bike to the land. No wheel driven or chain driven vehicle will escape been trapped there.

Besides why build house there when you can farm rice and ROI double in 2 years. tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by Readonee35L(m): 8:09am On Nov 21, 2018
2015 4runner Trd Pro
With Crawl Control.

So many wrong stories in this thread.
This terrain is not even half as crazy as lots of roads in the world. And stock 4wd with beefy tyres pass thru

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2018
Readonee35L:
2015 4runner Trd Pro
With Crawl Control.

So many wrong stories in this thread.
This terrain is not even half as crazy as lots of roads in the world. And stock 4wd with beefy tyres pass thru

hmmmmmmph, I refuse to derail this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 21, 2018
omicpet:
Strike out luxury

Get a 1999-2004 Tacoma, the Honda 2003-2005 pilot, or the Jeep Wrangler grin.

Now the Jeep Wrangler is your surest best for luxury and off road . You can get the big wheels fit , fix in and take out doors at will grin grin.

Actually you can never go wrong with a Jeep Wrangler . Get the rubicon

I’ve got Rubicon’s on my mind for the past few months.

Not yet ready to strike, but strike I wil.

Solid axles with lockers - yummiieee

4 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 21, 2018
radautoworks:

Another thing we have in common Ma.

I had a 2004 Discovery SE while I was in Dallas. Perfect vehicle but drinks like a sailor and would throw the “three amigos” randomly.

On another note, I plan on storming the store on Friday. I’ll be the loud and obnoxious American grin

Regular coolant
Chevron Techron

3 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by Readonee35L(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

hmmmmmmph, I refuse to derail this thread.
If you have something to say spill it.
Stop scaring yourself.
angry

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by diportivo: 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
I see the 03-05 pilot somewhere on this thread

I laugh in VTM-4

6 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by omicpet(m): 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
diportivo:
I see the 03-05 pilot somewhere on this thread

I laugh in VTM-4

Yes you're right about the prevalent issue . No 1 cancer for pilots in the year range . Other than that I can attest to it that the pilot is quite a rugged ride that can be abused concerning how cheap it is to get one in comparison to the other listed suv
Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2018
omicpet:

Yes you're right about the prevalent issue . No 1 cancer for pilots in the year range . Other than that I can attest to it that the pilot is quite a rugged ride that can be abused concerning how cheap it is to get one in comparison to the other listed suv

lolz, this ur analogy ehn.....

1 Like

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by diportivo: 10:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
omicpet:

I have one

I know what it can do

and what it can't do grin

2 Likes

Re: Suv Fit For A Waterlogged Area.... by omicpet(m): 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
diportivo:

I have one

I know what it can do

and what it can't do grin

Guess we twining on the pilot cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recommended Oil In RX 330 / The Cost Of Tokunbo Engine, For Nissan Quest (2004 Model) / Honda Crv Exl 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.