Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Help Me Out - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Me Out (1339 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Out by LordeCalifornia: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Okay, I had a business idea sometime back, it's basically a project that requires me setting up a website.
and that's where lies the problem, "setting up the website".
Okay, I like getting things done by myself so I decided to learn how to build a website. I downloaded and read so many books on HTML. so I mastered the language to an extent.

along the line, I learnt that for a website to go public, I would have to buy a domain name and host the website.

I thought it would be easy, so I wrote down a little "Hello world" code in html. then I went straight to whogohost and paid for domain and hosting services. (all these I did just to understand how Web design and publishing works)

The real issue came up after paying for the hosting service. The issue is that I do not know how to put the "hello world" code I've written up for public display.

like, how do I publish this code?

can someone instruct me on how to publish my own htlm codes on whogohost?

I forgot to mention, the site is not even coming up on the Internet at all.
Re: Help Me Out by 2extremes(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2018
LordeCalifornia:
Okay, I had a business idea sometime back, it's basically a project that requires me setting up a website.
and that's where lies the problem, "setting up the website".
Okay, I like getting things done by myself so I decided to learn how to build a website. I downloaded and read so many books on HTML. so I mastered the language to an extent.

along the line, I learnt that for a website to go public, I would have to buy a domain name and host the website.

I thought it would be easy, so I wrote down a little "Hello world" code in html. then I went straight to whogohost and paid for domain and hosting services. (all these I did just to understand how Web design and publishing works)

The real issue came up after paying for the hosting service. The issue is that I do not know how to put the "hello world" code I've written up for public display.

like, how do I publish this code?

can someone instruct me on how to publish my own htlm codes on whogohost?

I forgot to mention, the site is not even coming up on the Internet at all.
Why not try wordpress or blogger for now while trying to perfect your web development skills?
Re: Help Me Out by LordeCalifornia: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2018
2extremes:

Why not try wordpress or blogger for now while trying to perfect your web development skills?

I do not like the layout of the free themes on blogger. I do not know about WordPress though.

I want to build a site that would be as clean as www.thestudentroom.co.uk or as neat as www.luno.com
Re: Help Me Out by airsaylongcon: 3:00am On Nov 20, 2018
You need a desktop software to transfer files on your desktop to your website domain. A very popular and widely used one is Filezilla Client.

Here's a good guide on how to use Filezilla to transfer your files. I hope you find it helpful.

PS: Technically speaking, HTML is NOT a programming language. It is a MARKUP Language. Big difference there.

Do have a great time learning HTML.

Aside from your dislike of the themes for WordPress is there any other reason you haven't considered using a Content Management System (CMS) for this? There are loads of open source CMS solutions out there apart from WordPress. You will be spoilt for choice.

Look at this Wikipedia list of CMS that has a section for open source CMS. Check out the ones under PHP. There are some interesting ones there that you might like. I personally like Typo3 from that list.
Re: Help Me Out by RealLordZeus(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2018
LordeCalifornia:

I do not like the layout of the free themes on blogger. I do not know about WordPress though.

I want to build a site that would be as clean as www.thestudentroom.co.uk or as neat as www.luno.com
Rename the file to index.html and upload it to the public_html directory.

however if u need a professional service! call or whatsapp 0.8.088922994
Re: Help Me Out by mcqwerty(m): 8:18am On Nov 20, 2018
Don't forget to navigate to file manager and use the upload button.

For a website to be live, you need to upload your index.html (rename your hellowordl.html), to the root directory (public_html).

You might also need to get a basic training in Website design.

Good luck.
Re: Help Me Out by LordeCalifornia: 9:00am On Nov 20, 2018
airsaylongcon:
You need a desktop software to transfer files on your desktop to your website domain. A very popular and widely used one is Filezilla Client.

Here's a good guide on how to use Filezilla to transfer your files. I hope you find it helpful.

Thank you very much. I would check it out.

PS: Technically speaking, HTML is NOT a programming language. It is a MARKUP Language. Big difference there.

Do have a great time learning HTML.

Aside from your dislike of the themes for WordPress is there any other reason you haven't considered using a Content Management System (CMS) for this? There are loads of open source CMS solutions out there apart from WordPress. You will be spoilt for choice.

Look at this Wikipedia list of CMS that has a section for open source CMS. Check out the ones under PHP. There are some interesting ones there that you might like. I personally like Typo3 from that list.

Okay, I haven't really checked the themes on wordpress, I did check the themes on blogger and they were just not what I needed. I'd check out this link you've provided. Thank you very much.
Re: Help Me Out by LordeCalifornia: 9:02am On Nov 20, 2018
mcqwerty:
Don't forget to navigate to file manager and use the upload button.

For a website to be live, you need to upload your index.html (rename your hellowordl.html), to the root directory (public_html).

You might also need to get a basic training in Website design.

Good luck.
alright. I'd try it.

@bolded, I'd consider that when I have the funds cool
Re: Help Me Out by LordeCalifornia: 9:02am On Nov 20, 2018
RealLordZeus:

Rename the file to index.html and upload it to the public_html directory.

however if u need a professional service! call or whatsapp 0.8.088922994
alright.
Re: Help Me Out by mcqwerty(m): 10:04pm On Nov 20, 2018
You can get free online tutorials at codecademy.com
Re: Help Me Out by house10s: 6:28am On Dec 17, 2021
u learn hello world then u run go buy domain.

lol u funny
Re: Help Me Out by roshanrayy: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
We are #1 Cpanel Website Hosting with 99.99% Uptime. Whether you’re a website beginner or an expert, our cheap web hosting plans offer the flexibility to choose what works best for you.
Re: Help Me Out by francis4li: 9:21am On Dec 22, 2022
LordeCalifornia:

If You Want Premium Wordpress Theme And Plugin With Original License Key

OR

If You Are Looking For Good Website Developer, Or You Just Want To Purchase Any Kinds Of Website Scripts.

Like:
Banking Script.
Bitcoin Investment Script.
Wallet Connect Script.
VTU Script.
Ecommerce Script.
Ponzi Script.
Racksteli Like Script.
Courier Service Script.
Read News And Get Paid Script.
Company Website Script.
School Management Script.
Freelancer Script.
Good Broker/Binary Script, e.t.c...

Whatsapp Me Directly: +234(0)9014185335

HP WEB

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Launching .exe And .bat Files From A Web Page. / I Need A Secure Image Upload Php Script. Anyone? / Free Tutorial - How To Make Money Blogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.