Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil - Jobs/Vacancies (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil (333973 Views)

Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee / Latest Job Openings At Exxonmobil Entry Level / Latest Job Recruitment At Exxonmobil 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by chudic: 1:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
EngrVin:
I wrote a small post about their ineptitude and incompetent way of administering job test. I used my LinkedIn wall... LinkedIn is a best way of treating their fuckup

I read it on LinkedIn Chuks, well done.

5 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Ken5yne: 2:06pm On Feb 05, 2019
But honestly it was a good one...I read it also

1 Like

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by ExpertNLer: 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2019
I havent read it
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by yungmin: 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
eminemkayc:
I was called for the interview. Below is a snap shot of the invitation. I'm guessing they've contacted all successful applicants.

Congrats bro. Pls how many years of experience do you have? Is it oil n gas related?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by jayrager(m): 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2019
JayHymn:

Like I was aksing you. This is the reason why people fail exams.. A 'Yes' or 'No' answer

Coming from someone who has been a tard dismissive and unnecessarily unpolite to some other comments on this same thread. One would expect that you of all people read properly the contents of a message before asking needless questions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by JayHymn: 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2019
jayrager:

Coming from someone who has been a tard dismissive and unnecessarily unpolite to some other comments on this same thread. One would expect that you of all people read properly the contents of a message before asking needless questions.

your comment was unnecessary. Why not do something more productive with that time?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by RichGuyAyo: 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2019
nakeina025:
Congrats! pls when did you get the mail ?

For Graduate Engineers too?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by RichGuyAyo: 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2019
JayHymn:

This is for experienced position right?

Some one should please ans this?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by RichGuyAyo: 5:19pm On Feb 05, 2019
RichGuyAyo:

For Graduate Engineers too?

Yeah we need answers pls for those that got mails.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by eminemkayc: 5:50pm On Feb 05, 2019
yungmin:

Congrats bro. Pls how many years of experience do you have? Is it oil n gas related?

I have about fifteen years experience in the sector you mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by yungmin: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2019
eminemkayc:

Wow, I can understand now. Congrats once again

1 Like

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by yungmin: 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2019
I guess the interview would be in batches for experience hire
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by yungmin: 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2019
And this a sincere advise to the Graduate trainee applicants complaining about the dragnet questions. I really would advise you guys tone it down. I read above, someone has gone as far as bashing Exxon Mobil on LinkedIn over the questions and some are starting a harshtag to boycott dragnet. This is totally uncalled for. You're a graduate trainee applicant as such you still have a whole lot of career options ahead of you. Do not spoil your chances with other companies because Exxon Mobil. Dragnet as it were does not have a pass or fail per se. It is from the crop of people who wrote the test they would generate the average score to qualify for next level. I do agree that their test format is largely unproductive in getting the right candidates, but hey, that's the company's choice. There are other bigger and better recruitment firms like adexen, Philips consulting and rest. So, no need to die for Mobil. Make Una chill

22 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by EngrVin: 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2019
Nice write up. But for the records,u can read the write up in LinkedIn before making conclusions. The write up was purely professional and wasn't an attack to either Mobil or dragnet.

Cheers

yungmin:
And this a sincere advise to the Graduate trainee applicants complaining about the dragnet questions. I really would advise you guys tone it down. I read above, someone has gone as far as bashing Exxon Mobil on LinkedIn over the questions and some are starting a harshtag to boycott dragnet. This is totally uncalled for. You're a graduate trainee applicant as such you still have a whole lot of career options ahead of you. Do not spoil your chances with other companies because Exxon Mobil. Dragnet as it were does not have a pass or fail per se. It is from the crop of people who wrote the test they would generate the average score to qualify for next level. I do agree that their test format is largely unproductive in getting the right candidates, but hey, that's the company's choice. There are other bigger and better recruitment firms like adexen, Philips consulting and rest. So, no need to die for Mobil. Make Una chill

7 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by danchuzzy(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2019
OTEGA1:

They called in Tuesday I think 30th for interview.I was expecting 4weeks as they said but in 5days they call already.

So many found folks I know who wrote the test were not called it makes me wonder how they called very few folks criteria dry used is Wat keeps me wondering.

If masters in peterolum masters cannot pass a subsurface test

And masters in drilling cannot pass a drilling skills test
I wonder the folks that will pass the test.

No God get power.

Those with experience backing up their masters maybe
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by EdoBoy90(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2019
EngrVin:
Nice write up. But for the records,u can read the write up in LinkedIn before making conclusions. The write up was purely professional and wasn't an attack to either Mobil or dragnet.

Cheers

Please how can I read it? The LinkedIn link or username of the writer. Thanks
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by aphrodisiac(m): 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2019
eminemkayc:

See Senior man! Please was it dragnet that conducted your test too, and how did you prepare for it? Thanks.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by eminemkayc: 5:29am On Feb 06, 2019
aphrodisiac:

See Senior man! Please was it dragnet that conducted your test too, and how did you prepare for it? Thanks.

Exxon conducted the tests themselves. I didn't prepare for it as iv been off location on the field and only came in to write the test. At the same time i'm thoroghly grounded in my field of structural engineering so I solved all the questions correctly, ticked appropraitely and finished the entire 50 questions 10min before time. questions cut across offshore structures, wave kinematics, RC structures, welding design, indeterminate structures, waste water management and biological oxygen demand etc I answered all and I was certain I would be called, all things being equal, so I wasnt too surprised.

12 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by yungmin: 5:33am On Feb 06, 2019
eminemkayc:

Exxon conducted the tests themselves. I didn't prepare for it as iv been off location on the field and only came in to write the test. At the same time i'm thoroghly grounded in my field of structural engineering so I solved all the questions correctly, ticked appropraitely and finished the entire 50 questions 10min before time. questions cut across offshore structures, wave kinematics, RC structures, welding design, indeterminate structures, waste water management and biological oxygen demand etc I answered all and I was certain I would be called, all things being equal, so I wasnt too surprised.

Bro, it wasn't just about the test. The test didn't test anybody's experience. I finished the 50questions before time and was very certain as well. That test was very cheap truth be told. They might have other criteria

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by stanisbaratheon: 6:32am On Feb 06, 2019
eminemkayc:

I like your boldness, nice. I'm a civil engineer myself.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Delightsome077: 6:57am On Feb 06, 2019
In my own opinion, instead of going on linkedIn, if you are sure the questions were leaked before the exam dates, the best will be to send a copy to exxon mobil themselves explaining thd platform hasn't been free and fair. I'm sure they will cancel and conduct another exams and probably by another body. Its a surer way of making your grieviances known. If it did not leak, then as much as dragnet isn't thd best, we may be left with no choice. Even Chevron uses them remember. My candid opinion
yungmin:

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by joeycynosure: 9:43am On Feb 06, 2019
Please can you share the link:

Josefudofia@gmail.com

EngrVin:

Cheers

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by aphrodisiac(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2019
eminemkayc:

Thanks.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by tempest01(m): 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
Delightsome077:
In my own opinion, instead of going on linkedIn, if you are sure the questions were leaked before the exam dates, the best will be to send a copy to exxon mobil themselves explaining thd platform hasn't been free and fair. I'm sure they will cancel and conduct another exams and probably by another body. Its a surer way of making your grieviances known. If it did not leak, then as much as dragnet isn't thd best, we may be left with no choice. Even Chevron uses them remember. My candid opinion

The 2012 dragnet leaked, this was reported and Mobil cancelled and it was rewritten. I believe dragnet will not risk their contract with Mobil to allow the questions to leak again.

I wouldn't know for sure, but I feel there was no leak. As you said, there shouldn't be baseless accusations, but facts.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by olakunle5: 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
There was no leak in the questions but lack of preparations especially for those writing dragnet for the first time; if u have written dragnet exam before u would know that this is there pattern

Guyz pray for Gods Grace nd stop making flimsy excuses is not he or she that will but God that shows mercy brothers Nd sisters pray for Gods mercy but for those thinking that the exam would be cancelled am sorry to disappoint you the results have been sent to Mobil and Mobil is abt sending messages cry cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by stanisbaratheon: 3:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
olakunle5:
There was no leak in the questions but lack of preparations especially for those writing dragnet for the first time; if u have written dragnet exam before u would know that this is there pattern

Guyz pray for Gods Grace nd stop making flimsy excuses is not he or she that will but God that shows mercy brothers Nd sisters pray for Gods mercy but for those thinking that the exam would be cancelled am sorry to disappoint you the results have been sent to Mobil and Mobil is abt sending messages cry cry cry
gbamsolutely
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by COOLCATS: 3:03pm On Feb 06, 2019
Why worry over the things you have no power over. Dragnet has improved over the years. The credibility was questioned sometime from reasons of change of scores to question leaks and so on but they have changed and they are even more organized. I was part of the Chevron 2012 and Mobil 2012 recruitment conducted by dragnet. The situation was worse from bad servers to poor coordination of the candidate. The credibility of that exam was nothing to write home about. In my thought, I felt I could change things and escalated the matter to chevron, guess what? Nothing happened. Chevron moved on with the results. I sat and thought again, I regretted my actions. What was it about this test? The co-ordination, the difficulty or the leak test? If it is the difficulty, then yo have proven yourself to be a fool. You don’t have any right to state or determine what questions a prospective employer gives to you. If it is the leak test, are you talking about repetition of questions? Even SHL repeats questions. Having the opportunity to answer a question that has been asked at a previous test means you are someway qualified to work for that company because a test invitation isn’t for everyone. Some people have been rejected for this same recruitment. The post on LinkedIn is very unprofessional, you don’t go about being critic of a prospective, past or present employer publicly. One fear of these type of organizations are personalities that have the tendency to rebel, they are scared of unions, whilst unions are there to protect the right of staff, you don’t want to be identified as one that will belong to a union before you are employed. Show your competency on the job before you join a union. Many of Nigerian graduates need to be professional and need more learning. These are a few things I had to learn the hard way. Escalating the matter to chevron wasn’t necessary as I had little or no power over it. If they decide to send everyone a rejection mail, would you question them? No. We need to be cautious of our actions. If there is anything I have noticed about dragnet recently, it is that they have improved. It is not only graduate they conduct test for. I wrote a mid level test in September and I passed. I was surprised myself. That was my first pass, i believe I had mastered the system over the years. Recruiting cost money and I am sure Mobil won’t want to waste their money neither will dragnet want to put their name in a bad light.
Lesson: when you write test and Interviews, you have little or no control over the outcome. You have the opportunity to decline or accept writing. Should you accept, move on after the exams or interview. Remain hopeful but don’t exact force over nothing you can change.

32 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by yungmin: 3:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
COOLCATS:
Why worry over the things you have no power over. Dragnet has improved over the years. The credibility was questioned sometime from reasons of change of scores to question leaks and so on but they have changed and they are even more organized. I was part of the Chevron 2012 and Mobil 2012 recruitment conducted by dragnet. The situation was worse from bad servers to poor coordination of the candidate. The credibility of that exam was nothing to write home about. In my thought, I felt I could change things and escalated the matter to chevron, guess what? Nothing happened. Chevron moved on with the results. I sat and thought again, I regretted my actions. What was it about this test? The co-ordination, the difficulty or the leak test? If it is the difficulty, then yo have proven yourself to be a fool. You don’t have any right to state or determine what questions a prospective employer gives to you. If it is the leak test, are you talking about repetition of questions? Even SHL repeats questions. Having the opportunity to answer a question that has been asked at a previous test means you are someway qualified to work for that company because a test invitation isn’t for everyone. Some people have been rejected for this same recruitment. The post on LinkedIn is very unprofessional, you don’t go about being critic of a prospective, past or present employer publicly. One fear of these type of organizations are personalities that have the tendency to rebel, they are scared of unions, whilst unions are there to protect the right of staff, you don’t want to be identified as one that will belong to a union before you are employed. Show your competency on the job before you join a union. Many of Nigerian graduates need to be professional and need more learning. These are a few things I had to learn the hard way. Escalating the matter to chevron wasn’t necessary as I had little or no power over it. If they decide to send everyone a rejection mail, would you question them? No. We need to be cautious of our actions. If there is anything I have noticed about dragnet recently, it is that they have improved. It is not only graduate they conduct test for. I wrote a mid level test in September and I passed. I was surprised myself. That was my first pass, i believe I had mastered the system over the years. Recruiting cost money and I am sure Mobil won’t want to waste their money neither will dragnet want to put their name in a bad light.
Lesson: when you write test and Interviews, you have little or no control over the outcome. You have the opportunity to decline or accept writing. Should you accept, move on after the exams or interview. Remain hopeful but don’t exact force over nothing you can change.

Period!!

1 Like

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Ken5yne: 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
COOLCATS:
Good one bro!!...The exam was tough though..but I learnt a great deal from it...
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Delightsome077: 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2019
Tough is an actually an understatement but it was general and not a pecuilar complaint. So, no case
Ken5yne:

Good one bro!!...The exam was tough though..but I learnt a great deal from it...
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by valves: 5:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
COOLCATS:

Thank you very much. I hope everyone learns from this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (108) (Reply)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Akintola Williams Deloitte Test / Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.