Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:18 PM

Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian (30278 Views)

Just Take A Look At Tinubu. Which Sane Nigerian Would Vote For This Man? / Eko Hotel Owner Gilbert Chagoury Pays $1.8 Million Fines To U.S / Chimaroke Nnamani Floors Gilbert Nnaji In Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by ebusnwaoma: 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2018
Ex-Ugandan Vice President, Dr. Gilbert Bukenya, has waded into Nigeria's 2019 elections and according to him he would have voted for Atiku Abubakar if he was a Nigerian.

Dr. Gilbert Bukenya who served as the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at Makrere, said he was left with so much to contemplate, during his encounter with Abubakar, that he never stopped thinking of how Nigerians are so lucky having the person of Atiku Abubakar as a Nigerian.

He further disclosed that when he heard Abubakar had joined the presidential race, he immediately thought, “what an extraordinary opportunity Nigerians have.” Read the statement from Dr. Gilbert Bukenya, who was Former Vice President of Uganda from 2003-2011, below;

“I have rubbed shoulders with several African Presidents and Vice-Presidents. I have participated in many conversations with these men – both formally and informally. Some of these conversations have attracted attention and many have been amusing – but very few have included intellectual and analytical discussions of substantive issues. Seldom in these conversations does one hear about the conditions and needs of the country’s poor.

In 2005, I met a man at his residence in Abuja, Nigeria, who surprised me. He welcomed me with a guarded smile and went straight to business. He was smart, eloquent and very knowledgeable. I was struck by his consistent reference to “my people.” He was so concerned about the poor. He discussed impacts of educational injustices and weakened agricultural practices in Nigeria. Our conversation ended and we parted.

While I left him with some traditional Ugandan gifts, he left me with much to contemplate. This Nigerian “big man” had sounded so earnest and completely devoted to “his people”. Surely, I was surprised and he has left a lasting impression. We have remained friends over the years and I have observed his business and political dealings over time. I have noted the tremendous value that this man, Atiku Abubakar, has contributed to Nigeria’s development.

He has been a philanthropic leader and a determined and passionate advocate for improving the national educational system. I heard recently with great pleasure that he is running for the Presidency in the upcoming Presidential elections. I immediately thought, “what an extraordinary opportunity Nigerians have to elect Atiku as president of Nigeria.” If I were Nigerian, I would vote for Atiku Abubakar without hesitation or reservation. On an individual basis, he is unequivocally the best candidate."

https://lailasnews.com/if-i-were-nigerian-i-would-vote-for-atiku-abubakar-ex-ugandan-vice-president/

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by JudasNaCarrot: 4:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
You see....even people from Idi Amin's country knows that we have a better candidate in Atiku than the lifeless,bigoted and evil impostor running under the satanic and occultic coven called APC.

Atiku will win Buhari hands down in February but the only problem is that Hitler Buhari would rather kill everybody than concede defeat like Jonathan.

344 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by baliyubla: 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2018
Placed side by side with the dullard, its actually a no-brainer who Nigerians should vote for as its next President. Trust sensible Nigerians, who are definitely in the majority to get it right by sending the dullard back to Daura.

161 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by SarkinYarki: 4:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
Every God fearing sane Nigerian will vote for Atiku , only Satanic sadist bigot Nigerians will cast a Vote for the Evil evil evil man called Buhari..

215 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Igbokid: 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
Atiku don give this one t-fare wey e no fit forget grin cheesy

51 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Racoon(m): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2018
Nigerians why won't you Atikulate? A prophet does not have honour only in his home town but charity begins from home.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by OreMI22: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
Majority of Nigerians will vote for Atiku alright, but Buhari has already made up his mind to announce fake numbers and award himself "LANDSCAPING VICTORY "

Then he would order the Nigerian army to shoot and kill protesters. Nigerians must get ready for the fight to remove the murderous anti-democratic despot from office after he has lost and changed all the results.

Buhari will not leave as a man of integrity as GEJ did when he lost.

He will try everything possible to make sure INEC is able to falsify the results of the elections in his favor and there is little proof of the massive rigging available to Nigerians.

That is why he started with the idea of banning cell phones at polling stations to erase any evidence of the true announced results

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by bedspread: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
As for me any of these persons will Pull Nigeria out of these Shameful Mess it is!

Atiku
Sowore
Kingsley
Hakeem Olawepo

Another Pmb/Jubrin 4Years will be Undescribable!
We Warned Before!!
We Warn Again!!

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by IamD18: 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
Every sane Nigerian will vote for Atiku.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by citizenY(m): 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2018
ebusnwaoma:
Ex-Ugandan Vice President, Dr. Gilbert Bukenya, has waded into Nigeria's 2019 elections and according to him he would have voted for Atiku Abubakar if he was a Nigerian.

Dr. Gilbert Bukenya who served as the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine at Makrere, said he was left with so much to contemplate, during his encounter with Abubakar, that he never stopped thinking of how Nigerians are so lucky having the person of Atiku Abubakar as a Nigerian.

He further disclosed that when he heard Abubakar had joined the presidential race, he immediately thought, “what an extraordinary opportunity Nigerians have.” Read the statement from Dr. Gilbert Bukenya, who was Former Vice President of Uganda from 2003-2011, below;

“I have rubbed shoulders with several African Presidents and Vice-Presidents. I have participated in many conversations with these men – both formally and informally. Some of these conversations have attracted attention and many have been amusing – but very few have included intellectual and analytical discussions of substantive issues. Seldom in these conversations does one hear about the conditions and needs of the country’s poor.

In 2005, I met a man at his residence in Abuja, Nigeria, who surprised me. He welcomed me with a guarded smile and went straight to business. He was smart, eloquent and very knowledgeable. I was struck by his consistent reference to “my people.” He was so concerned about the poor. He discussed impacts of educational injustices and weakened agricultural practices in Nigeria. Our conversation ended and we parted.

While I left him with some traditional Ugandan gifts, he left me with much to contemplate. This Nigerian “big man” had sounded so earnest and completely devoted to “his people”. Surely, I was surprised and he has left a lasting impression. We have remained friends over the years and I have observed his business and political dealings over time. I have noted the tremendous value that this man, Atiku Abubakar, has contributed to Nigeria’s development.

He has been a philanthropic leader and a determined and passionate advocate for improving the national educational system. I heard recently with great pleasure that he is running for the Presidency in the upcoming Presidential elections. I immediately thought, “what an extraordinary opportunity Nigerians have to elect Atiku as president of Nigeria.” If I were Nigerian, I would vote for Atiku Abubakar without hesitation or reservation. On an individual basis, he is unequivocally the best candidate."

https://lailasnews.com/if-i-were-nigerian-i-would-vote-for-atiku-abubakar-ex-ugandan-vice-president/

lalasticlala

Mr VP left behind some"traditional Ugandan gifts". What did he leave with?

He should collect Atiku's manifesto and contest with Museveni in Uganda.Then we will know that he has taken some good impressions. Otherwise....he should park well.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by BabaO2: 5:20pm On Nov 20, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
You see....even people from Idi Amin's country knows that we have a better candidate in Atiku than the lifeless,bigoted and evil impostor running under the satanic and occultic coven called APC.

Atiku will win Buhari hands down in February but the only problem is that Hitler Buhari would rather kill everybody than concede defeat like Jonathan.
He has more problems in country to face than his sponsored chochochoco. Museveni is riding them like horse for almost 40 years.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Bizmagnet: 5:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
It's not about voting but about being humane enough to deliver good leadership to the citizenry. I still can't understand why wickedness resides in Nigerian leaders.

In another news
Do you want quality blogs, websites and softwares for your ideas, companies, schools, churches and businesses.

WhatsApp me today on: 081 two three four 199 six seven
Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2018
Well, good thing you are not a Nigerian.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Igbokid: 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2018
IamD18:

For how long will you continue to asslick and suck lifeless Buhari's ballz?
For as long as you suck the petty thief's balls.
Oloriburuku undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by McStoic(m): 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
Even Idi Amin Dada will concur in his grave how right this man is.

11 Likes

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by NaijaRoyalty(m): 5:55pm On Nov 20, 2018
Atiku is who we want in 2019 .

No! to Buhari and his cluelessness.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Omeokachie: 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
Only BMCs trying to earn a living by being a nuisance on NL for their masters are rooting for the failed lifeless and clueless one.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by ngbaki: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
Thank God you are not one. We reject the internationally certified money launderer

12 Likes

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Johntitus: 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
All praise to Jah because you are not a Nigerian. Allow Nigerians to vote who they want into power and stop asslicking..

11 Likes

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2018
Glad he is not a Nigerian.

Next please

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 20, 2018
IamD18:
Every sane Nigerian will vote for Atiku.

They said this same thing about Buhari 3 years ago.

3 Likes

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Racoon:
Nigerians why won't you Atikulate? A prophet does not have honour only in his home town but charity begins from home.

This one has already forgotten how to spell articulate. I don't need to ask you how your Atiku performed in the past from 1999 when he was VP as you have clearly demonstrated long term memory is not your strong forte. Politicians love people like you; forget easily, easy to trick.

12 Likes

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2018
Igbokid:
Atiku don give this one t-fare wey e no fit forget grin cheesy

Zombies are walking dead people

When people who have spent time and interacted with the lifeless one talks and gives you advice... Please listen..

The person behind this moniker.. Is only programmed to be shouting sai barber upandan. Someone who has not eaten anything since morning.. No job.. No money

It's only a fool that supports Buhari

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
greyham:

This one has already forgotten how to spell articulate. I don't need to ask you how your Atiku performed in the past from 1999 when he was VP as you have clearly demonstrated long term memory is not your strong forth. Politicians love people like you; forget easily, easy to trick.

Buhari is a failure... A ghost of a man

A man whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures while the masses suffer in penury

Are you aware that Nigeria houses the most poorest in the world today.. A Buhari legacy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by ZombiePUNISHER: 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
ngbaki:
Thank God you are not one. We reject the internationally certified money launderer

Who is more corrupt than Tinubu

Who is more corrupt than Ganduje

Who is more corrupt than Oshiomole

Who is more corrupt than Buhari

.... It's time for something different... This man is coming to restructure the country

Stop being sentimental and petty...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by deboysben(m): 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
Even ex Uganda President is atikulating obidently

Nothing will stop you when your time have come

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by deboysben(m): 7:41pm On Nov 20, 2018
Incoming president

6 Likes

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by Igbokid: 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Zombies are walking dead people

When people who have spent time and interacted with the lifeless one talks and gives you advice... Please listen..

The person behind this moniker.. Is only programmed to be shouting sai barber upandan. Someone who has not eaten anything since morning.. No job.. No money

It's only a fool that supports Buhari
Your sick mother is the fool..
By the way, have you worshiped Lamidi Cownu today ?

4 Likes

Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2018
Oam4J , Lalasticlala

Come and see what Ugandan Vice said about Nigeria
Re: Gilbert Bukenya: I Would Vote For Atiku Abubakar If I Were Nigerian by dokie: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Who is more corrupt than Tinubu

Who is more corrupt than Ganduje

Who is more corrupt than Oshiomole

Who is more corrupt than Buhari

.... It's time for something different... This man is coming to restructure the country

Stop being sentimental and petty...

I have it from a reliable APC chieftain in Lagos that tinubu siphons 10billion on a monthly basis from Lagos through alpha beta. 10billion monthly.Yet, his supporters will open their shitty mouth and call another person looter.

Videos of ganduje are every where yet he is very responsible according to buhari, and atiku, who has not been caught, prosecuted, or convicted for anything is a looter.

Oshiomole has been accused by his own party men of selling tickets to the highest bidders in dollars but Atiku don steal all of Nigeria money.

Recently NEMA where Osinbajo is chairman has been enmeshed in fraud worth billions but Peter Obi is a thief.

Honestly, I don't even know what to say but God will not allow this rebranded affliction called Buhari to befall this country a second time

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndoma-Egba And Gen. Buhari In 1983 (Pics) / Supreme Court Judge, Sylvester Nwali Ngwuta Is Dead / Father Ejike Mbaka Is Back - Adoration Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.