Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,025 members, 7,807,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

My Monthly Savings In Canada - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Monthly Savings In Canada (163394 Views)

With 5m Savings Which Country Is Easiest I Can Move To / How It Is Possible To Live In The Uk For 30 Years And Have Zero In Savings. / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by capsule(m): 5:55am On Oct 27, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Kudos to you but if you were a PR since 2014 how come you moved in 2016?
A PR visa last for 5 years, one can choose to move at any time....But to be eligible to renew a PR visa, you must stay in Canada for 2 yrs out of the 5, if you stay for 3 yrs out of the 5, you can apply for citizenship.
OP, congratulations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by drhammed: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2019
atutupoyoyo2211:
This was when I crossed the border to the US. I have a 10 year US visa, which I hadn't used yet, so I just thought I cross over, have dinner and come back into Canada.

Sorry to ask bro,

Are you still using Nigerian passport? I mean you applied for US visa with Nigerian passport and got 10yrs Visa. Or is it another visa type and not B1/B2?. My opinion is that, US only grants 2yrs visa (B1/B2 category) for Nigerians (atleast that's what I and friends that I know have) even though I applied and got it in Canada.

PS: I'm not here to say you're lying or sort of. I just want to learn from that and perhaps I can pick something from it.

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by sweetrie(f): 7:55am On Oct 31, 2019
drhammed:

Sorry to ask bro,

Are you still using Nigerian passport? I mean you applied for US visa with Nigerian passport and got 10yrs Visa. Or is it another visa type and not B1/B2?. My opinion is that, US only grants 2yrs visa (B1/B2 category) for Nigerians (atleast that's what I and friends that I know have) even though I applied and got it in Canada.
Permanent residents usually get 10years
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by travelinfo: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2019
atutupoyoyo2211:
Not really. I am currently applying for my citizenship. I have been a PR since 2014.
Helo sir, plz I want to ask you few questions in private. I sent you pm already.
thanks
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 5:12pm On Oct 31, 2019
I think someone just clarified it. Permanent residents get 10 years. My wife was denied US visa twice in 2018 when I was applying for her canadian PR. Once she landed in Canada middle of 2018, she applied for US visa after 2 weeks and got 10 year visa too. Nigerians have really suffered in Nigeria.
drhammed:

Sorry to ask bro,

PS: I'm not here to say you're lying or sort of. I just want to learn from that and perhaps I can pick something from it.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ednut1(m): 5:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
atutupoyoyo2211:
I think someone just clarified it. Permanent residents get 10 years. My wife was denied US visa twice in 2018 when I was applying for her canadian PR. Once she landed in Canada middle of 2018, she applied for US visa after 2 weeks and got 10 year visa too. Nigerians have really suffered in Nigeria.
with pr the risk of not returning is non existent. Blame our people for the treatment . Na we dey over stay

5 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by drhammed: 5:33am On Nov 01, 2019
sweetrie:
Permanent residents usually get 10years

Oh. Sounds good. If there's any link stating that on the embassy page, I'd appreciate if you can share.
Thanks.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by drhammed: 5:35am On Nov 01, 2019
atutupoyoyo2211:

Lol. That's great.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by sweetrie(f): 5:41am On Nov 01, 2019
drhammed:

Oh. Sounds good. If there's any link stating that on the embassy page, I'd appreciate if you can share.
Thanks.
I don't know of any link sorry, but people who have gotten said 10years...
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Ope4Christ: 12:52pm On Nov 01, 2019
drhammed:

Thanks.

You don't need any link to verify it. IT IS AN UNDISPUTABLE FACT. Even when you have PR of European countries and you are still holding Nigerian Passport, you will get 10years Visa to USA. Nigerians who have PR in South Africa are also enjoying it. Guess what? Your Visa will be out in less than 2 weeks.

Kind regards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by smartkester(m): 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2019
Ope4Christ:

You don't need any link to verify it. IT IS AN UNDISPUTABLE FACT. Even when you have PR of European countries and you are still holding Nigerian Passport, you will get 10years Visa to USA. Nigerians who have PR in South Africa are also enjoying it. Guess what? Your Visa will be out in less than 2 weeks.

Kind regards.
please If I'm not mistaking you , what you're implying is that I can be in UK with a B1 visa and apply for PR in US and get it within 2months of application (like 10 years Visa)
Or must I be a PR in an European country before landing a PR in US?
It sounds very easy to me, I wouldn't mind if you clarify me better, thanks
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Ugosample(m): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2019
atutupoyoyo2211:

serious suffering
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by shilling(f): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2019
5000 hours. Are you a robot? How's your health? Working an average of 14hrs/day is not sustainable so I'm glad you're looking into other options to work smarter not harder.

atutupoyoyo2211:
Yeah I may have made 100k, but I worked over 5000 hours in a year, That is so much. I wanna make 100k without working that much, that's why I am going to school. My sister started off in the warehouse, then moved to health care jobs. She just finished her nursing degree. And she wants to do her nursing masters. The point is, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. According to our naija brethren, HUSSLE OOOO
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by AngelicBeing: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
Ugosample:

serious suffering
Lol, continue to pray for the sufferings to stop, I have told you already to be praying for APC and Buhari tongue
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Okeyc230: 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
Bros, it is not possible. $1000 a week? You will need 120 weeks to accumulate $120,000. You will complete it in Feb 2021 Cheers
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 04, 2019
atutupoyoyo2211:
Yeah I may have made 100k, but I worked over 5000 hours in a year, That is so much. I wanna make 100k without working that much, that's why I am going to school. My sister started off in the warehouse, then moved to health care jobs. She just finished her nursing degree. And she wants to do her nursing masters. The point is, DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET TO THE POINT WHERE YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO. According to our naija brethren, HUSSLE OOOO

Bro you are very hard working and coming back to read this thread after several months still inspires me. Even your sister sef no wan carry last.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ednut1(m): 6:58am On Nov 04, 2019
Okeyc230:
Bros, it is not possible. $1000 a week? You will need 120 weeks to accumulate $120,000. You will complete it in Feb 2021 Cheers
he attached proofs nawa o. My mum worked in the uk as a career when she first got to the uk. 3 different agencies only used to come home once a week. Security work over night to me looks doable. Just find mattress sleep in your office. Who dey monitor u
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 12:48am On Nov 05, 2019
People sef. Even if they sit down with me at work, they will not believe.
ednut1:
he attached proofs nawa o. My mum worked in the uk as a career when she first got to the uk. 3 different agencies only used to come home once a week. Security work over night to me looks doable. Just find mattress sleep in your office. Who dey monitor u

5 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Ope4Christ: 3:19am On Nov 05, 2019
smartkester:
please If I'm not mistaking you , what you're implying is that I can be in UK with a B1 visa and apply for PR in US and get it within 2months of application (like 10 years Visa)
Or must I be a PR in an European country before landing a PR in US?
It sounds very easy to me, I wouldn't mind if you clarify me better, thanks

Be a PR holder in Europe first, then you can apply for Visitor's Visa to USA, you will be given 10years multiple entry visa to USA.

To get USA PR(Green Card) is a different ball game entirely. For your first question, you can never get USA PR that way. No, never because the process is totally different.

UK B1 Visa is not PR, okay? Until you get UK's PR you cannot be given 10 years Visitor's Visa to USA. If you're on UK B1 Visa with Nigerian Passport you can only get 2years Visitor's Visa to USA.

Kind regards.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by crestking: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2019
how can u verify a real visa...

is there any machine or procedure to find out when an agent deliver a fake visa
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by dustydee: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ope4Christ:

Be a PR holder in Europe first, then you can apply for Visitor's Visa to USA, you will be given 10years multiple entry visa to USA.

To get USA PR(Green Card) is a different ball game entirely. For your first question, you can never get USA PR that way. No, never because the process is totally different.

UK B1 Visa is not PR, okay? Until you get UK's PR you cannot be given 10 years Visitor's Visa to USA. If you're on UK B1 Visa with Nigerian Passport you can only get 2years Visitor's Visa to USA.

Kind regards.
Which one be "UK B1" visa again? undecided
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by dustydee: 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
crestking:

If you followed the visa process, you should not be worried about it being fake or real.

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Ope4Christ: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
dustydee:

Which one be "UK B1" visa again? undecided

It is UK Business Class Visa that allows you to transact business in UK for a period of six months maximum, then you leave UK.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by dustydee: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
Ope4Christ:

It is UK Business Class Visa that allows you to transact business in UK for a period of six months maximum, then you leave UK.
I do not think the UK has anything like that. The business visa is not called B1
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by salford: 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
crestking:

When you get arrested at the airport for presenting a fake travel document.

You should know it is fake anyway if your application itself is dodgy.

5 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by sentra05: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
salford:

When you get arrested at the airport for presenting a fake travel document.

You should know it is fake anyway if your application itself is dodgy.

Oga Salford, you funny oooo. Hahahahahaha
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by crestking: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
the agent did everything for me, I asked about biometrics he said there was no need for that.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by ednut1(m): 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
crestking:
the agent did everything for me, I asked about biometrics he said there was no need for that.
scammed. I must say u deserve it as u self wan cut corners

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Ope4Christ: 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
crestking:

An agent processed Visa for you without biometric?

Visa to which country?

Did you visit the Embassy for interview?

Please respond let us know the process for you not to be arrested at the airport.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by crestking: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2019
it was for Canada

then he said no interview needed, all I had to do was send him my passport with part part payment of 200k..I did, then after few weeks he said the visa was ready for pick up.

I wouldn't know a real visa or fake one that's the issue now.

from what u guys are saying it seems the ought to have been an interview or biometric I needed to enroll on personally?

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by HORLADY(m): 10:33am On Nov 06, 2019
it was for Canada

then he said no interview needed, all I had to do was send him my passport with part part payment of 200k..I did, then after few weeks he said the visa was ready for pick up.

I wouldn't know a real visa or fake one that's the issue now.

from what u guys are saying it seems the ought to have been an interview or biometric I needed to enroll on personally?
Pls help to clarify this o cos I am about to deposit 150k too
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Mcslize: 11:05am On Nov 06, 2019
crestking , HORLADY you guys are not serious. First, let's start with the visa type. What visa type? I am sure the agent is the chief priest of Canada to be dashing out visas to people without proper documentations.

What documents did you submit? Did you ask him about the visa type? Is it PR or visiting visa?

Answer those questions first. Let's start from there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (42) (Reply)

Abuja City - Videos and Photos / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.