Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

My Monthly Savings In Canada - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Monthly Savings In Canada (163287 Views)

With 5m Savings Which Country Is Easiest I Can Move To / How It Is Possible To Live In The Uk For 30 Years And Have Zero In Savings. / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hey guys, so i want to just try a quick 3 months activity. As some of you know, because of School i have not been able to work so much late last year and this year so far. So i decided last night to work for the next 3 months. I have 2 places i will work at. First is a health center and the 2nd is a pharmaceutical company. Now i'm gonna be doing security at the 2 companies.
I got 4 security job offers, but i decided to go for the 2 safest and also the ones i could help out during this pandemic. Now i could sit at home and take the government $2k, my wife is doing that already. But working gives me an opportunity to make 4k or 5k each month. I know we are in a pandemic, and i am keeping myself as safe as can be, we are provided all the PPE we require. i'm gonna put up a picture of me in my PPE.
Now, i am gonna put up all the paystubs up as i get them, so we can also see the taxes I'm paying. Now i do have bills to pay as does everyone, but I'm gonna plan it out as best as i can. The health center pays $20.448 an hour while the pharmaceutical company pays $17.20.
I like doing this cos its very educative and informative based on personal experiences, on how much one can earn and save on little wages.
Hopefully, we will all survive this pandemic and give God the glory and our medical practitioners the kudos.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
By the way my goal is to save CAD15k after taxes by 10th of July 2020, which is 3 months from now . Lets see if that will happen or maybe i may get close. If anything changes in my situation, i will also let the house know.

17 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Moneywirer: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
salford1:

I think he wanted to type 1.2 million.

In addition to your contribution, for that amount using Ontario as an example with no OT, take home after tax, cpp and EI deductions would be around 27k.

Now let us work out some average figures:

- Rent: $1000 (A single person can save by living in shared apartment).
- Feeding: $150 (Would be around $300 for a family)
- Phone: $70
- Internet: $65
- Clothing and miscelleneous: $40
- Let say condo living, electricity: $60, else (Heating+ water+electricity = $200).
- Car insurance - $100 (if public transport, $100)
I have not included car finance and used a very conservative amount for insurance.

Adding all the amount not in brackets. Total/year equals :circa $18,000

27k minus 18k leaves around 9k per year.
9k per year equals like $750/month.

You sound like a coder
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Moneywirer: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
I dont feel the need to reply but i am doing so for those that will be discouraged by your comments. When your pastor goes on the altar and tells you, "you are going to buy a car in 2019 and you have no source of income, why do you shout Amen, when your pastor gives you abstract motivational statements that seem alien to you due to your present condition in order to encourage you, why do say Amen? The difference between us is that, when i here such statements on the altar, i immediately put it into work. My mother used to say, if someone calls you mad and you look at your self and you are not mad, simply work away. i will end with this, an Igbo man once said when he was arguing with someone over the name of his car, he said Nwanne, you have the name, i have the car. So i'm gonna say, Nwanne you have your opinions, i have the money.

Onye m, I've been reading your story and have also been wondering where the OP is from.
Amata go m now...... Onye igbo Mara ka esi achu ego!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Moneywirer: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
deejay102:
Tarh.. You are a troll.. You just got defeated with his ability to explain what you your pessimistic mind didnt believe. If you didnt know, the right thing would have been to ask the question first and not judge. I hope you learnt your lesson as well.

@atutupoyoyo1122 thumbs up! Even if you are 12 years sef! grin

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Moneywirer: 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Moneywirer:

This guy sef grin

1 Like

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by naijaman3: 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
Hey guys, so i want to just try a quick 3 months activity. As some of you know, because of School i have not been able to work so much late last year and this year so far. So i decided last night to work for the next 3 months. I have 2 places i will work at. First is a health center and the 2nd is a pharmaceutical company. Now i'm gonna be doing security at the 2 companies.
I got 4 security job offers, but i decided to go for the 2 safest and also the ones i could help out during this pandemic. Now i could sit at home and take the government $2k, my wife is doing that already. But working gives me an opportunity to make 4k or 5k each month. I know we are in a pandemic, and i am keeping myself as safe as can be, we are provided all the PPE we require. i'm gonna put up a picture of me in my PPE.
Now, i am gonna put up all the paystubs up as i get them, so we can also see the taxes I'm paying. Now i do have bills to pay as does everyone, but I'm gonna plan it out as best as i can. The health center pays $20.448 an hour while the pharmaceutical company pays $17.20.
I like doing this cos its very educative and informative based on personal experiences, on how much one can earn and save on little wages.
Hopefully, we will all survive this pandemic and give God the glory and our medical practitioners the kudos.

@atutupoyoyo2211:

First, like I have said in the past and shared my personal experience to show that your goal is doable, I must state again that I like your drive.
Considering that you are still working, I do not understand the part in bold in your statement above regarding sitting at home to take government $2K. Please clarify on it. Are you saying that:

1. Instead of working, you could have stayed at home (not work) and just take the $2K (but you chose to work and not take the money) or
2. Despite working, you will be taking government $2K

I honestly think you meant the first statement and if that is the case, no issue with that but if it is the second then you are not qualified to take the money and it will be wrong of you doing so. In addition, I can guarantee that the government will come after you later if you are working and still taking the $2K.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by salford1: 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
naijaman3:

@atutupoyoyo2211:

First, like I have said in the past and shared my personal experience to show that your goal is doable, I must state again that I like your drive.
Considering that you are still working, I do not understand the part in bold in your statement above regarding sitting at home to take government $2K. Please clarify on it. Are you saying that:

1. Instead of working, you could have stayed at home (not work) and just take the $2K (but you chose to work and not take the money) or

I honestly think you meant the first statement and if that is the case, no issue with that but if it is the second then you are not qualified to take the money and it will be wrong of you doing so. In addition, I can guarantee that the government will come after you later if you are working and still taking the $2K.
I do not think he meant your number 2 option. Any sort of income makes an applicant ineligible. He possibly lost his previous job due to Covid. That's the only way he could have qualified for the taxable $2k if he decides to stay at home. But he instead chose to work to earn more.
That's what I I could make out from the post. I could be wrong though.

13 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 10:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
yeah I meant the first one. I dont qualify for the CERB once I'm working. And moreover, if i try to take it and work, i will still have to pay back. its simply not right. Other people are really having a hard time now and need that money. But lets see if i can meet my target.
naijaman3:

@atutupoyoyo2211:

8 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by naijaman3: 10:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
yeah I meant the first one. I dont qualify for the CERB once I'm working. And moreover, if i try to take it and work, i will still have to pay back. its simply not right. Other people are really having a hard time now and need that money. But lets see if i can meet my target.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess as much too. You have done right my friend by thinking about the others that need the money more. I am so proud of you.

Finally, please do not be discouraged by those people with negative energy and trying to slow you down. You are on the right track. What you are doing is perfectly doable as many of us have done it in the past before we got our professional jobs. If I can do it, I don't see why you or anybody with drive can not!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Odingo1: 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Abeg you people in Canada should be giving us real information from Canada.

How come that someone can save $100,000 as security person per year, no expenses.

I live in Germany �� and I am on the process of coming to Canada on permanent resident status.We need true situation of things. In Germany here you can never save 65,000€ which equivalent to $100,000 CAD per year no matter how high you are paid because tax, expenses will run down the earnings.

How can you guys save 100,000k per year and still be hustling for student loan.

5 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Fhemmmy: 11:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:

Chairman, sorry i have not had the time to comment after our chat and conversation offline . . . . Thanks for taking time to explain what you have done and how it has been . . . ..Keep up the flame and more ogogoro to your elbow . . . .While you chose to work, please stay safe and God bless you and your household.

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by naijaman3: 12:22am On Apr 12, 2020
Odingo1:
Abeg you people in Canada should be giving us real information from Canada.

How come that someone can save $100,000 as security person per year, no expenses.

I live in Germany �� and I am on the process of coming to Canada on permanent resident status.We need true situation of things. In Germany here you can never save 65,000€ which equivalent to $100,000 CAD per year no matter how high you are paid because tax, expenses will run down the earnings.

How can you guys save 100,000k per year and still be hustling for student loan.

@ Odingo1:

Read carefully, the guy never said anything about saving CAD$100K in a year. His goal when he started the thread was to save CAD$120K in two years (which is doable) but he was not able to accomplish that goal because of some situations he explained already. You need to read the thread from page 1 to understand how it is possible to save a lot of money even when working on low wage. I also explained, on page 11, how this is possible in general and on page 14, I explained how I personally save a lot on low wage before I started working in my profession. Here is the link to both postings:

Page 11: https://www.nairaland.com/4857306/monthly-savings-canada/10#73854976

Page 14: https://www.nairaland.com/4857306/monthly-savings-canada/13#74065280

I hope the information in those two postings will be helpful in your decision making.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Odingo1: 12:56am On Apr 12, 2020
naijaman3:

@ Odingo1:

Read carefully, the guy never said anything about saving CAD$100K in a year. His goal when he started the thread was to save CAD$120K in two years (which is doable) but he was not able to accomplish that goal because of some situations he explained already. You need to read the thread from page 1 to understand how it is possible to save a lot of money even when working on wage. I also explained, on page 11, how this is possible in general and on page 14, I explained how I personally save a lot on low wage before I started working in my profession. Here is the link to both postings:

I hope the information in those two postings will be helpful in your decision making.
Ok thanks for the correction, I will go through the threads
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Snipespeter: 1:06am On Apr 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:

Boss can I write you.... I want to make an enquiry... no be money issue na Canada issue... I don't know if I can get your email.... Thanks
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 12, 2020
oleeee:
I moved to USA , I think my sharp guy pass ur own. I run two jobs. $12.50 ND $11.50 hourly.
That's $24 hourly.
I get overtime sometimes.
Work to live and not live to work.

4 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 12, 2020
claremont:
It's all well and good as long as you don't infringe on the restricted working conditions of your student visa. I don't know about Canada, but a UK or US student visa only allows 20 hours a week work during term time. This leaves you with only 3 months in a year to work full time.
You don't know Nigerians, they will use someone else social security number to work and give them a cut from their earning lol
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 2:23am On Apr 12, 2020
TimoBriggs:

I salute your doggedness and determination. Its the key to success but you need to try and find a balance. You worked a freaking 120 hrs in a week from this your screenshot. How many hrs dey 7 days ? Guy you dey sleep so ? Out of 3.6 cash, they took 1.4 , thats about 40% and thats high. Am also seeing everyone wants your money but not knowing your hustle is x3 , aint certainly not the norm. Keep up the diligence and the hardwork
120 hours a week, that is mad shocked
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by atutupoyoyo2211: 3:15am On Apr 12, 2020
My guy, live to work for 5 years and work to live for life.
RuudVanNisteroy:

Work to live and not live to work.

14 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
My guy, live to work for 5 years and work to live for life.
You need work-life balance. and have 30 plus years to work.
How did this affect your health?
You made it to Canada, no need to hustle like a slave. Everything will come in due time.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by divo(m): 3:37am On Apr 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
since u work at a pharmaceutical company. How much does an average pharmacist make there?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 4:15am On Apr 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
Well, I made $100,039. in 2018. I applied for a student loan of over $40k but was given $9870, so obviously i guess we can get loans in Canada.
Good job.

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 4:20am On Apr 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
Because I used to work in Shell, and didnt have the courage to leave Nigeria to an uncertain Canada, until my PR eligibility period started running out. If my PR eligibility period ran out (2 years in Canada out of your first five years), I would have had to reapply again. And looking at a lot of Canada threads on nairaland, it wil be stupid of me to lose my PR status especially at a time Nigeria as a country is failing. So I dumped Shell and relocated.
What job group where you when you left Shell?That is a bold move.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 12, 2020
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 12, 2020
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 4:29am On Apr 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
I dont get offended when people post negative stuff online because when whenever we post something online we should expect both negative and positive comments. I get encouraged by the negative comments.
@opebiboy you sound like a hardworking Nigerian that is just trying to be successful like each and everyone of us. You mentioned you import cars from overseas which is an honorable business. let me tell you what i see at the site i work security. This is a 5 year construction project going on here. Every day i sign in trucks to drop off sand and gravel on the site. Now 90% of the drivers of these trucks are Indian, and what they do is that, they bring their brothers from Indian to learn truck driving under them and within 2 years, the apprentice has his own truck and then delivers on his own. Most of them then register their own company and you see the name on the truck. i am at work right now and i truck driver just came. I was registering him in the system when i asked him what company he works for, and he said the name. And i released this man, who is a born and bred Canadian is driving trucks fro and Indian immigrant. The owner of the company was still delivering today, and i talked with him,. he told me he has 3 trucks that drive for him. My bank rep once told me that, everyday she sees truck drivers and restaurant owners, who come in and they have account balances of $300k and above. Anyone in Canada can correct me if i am wrong.
The longshoremen that work on our site make $50 an hour and above. And they are unionized, so their pay always goes up. One of the longshoremen on our site drives a bentley bentayga. My own Security supervisor drives a 2013 g wagon. He is from Iran. He came to Canada and worked Security and warehouse for 6 years straight, working 16 to 18 hours a day. Right now he only works 8 hours a day and his daughter also works on site as the assistant security supervisor. she is also a workaholic getting experience to be a police office. she drives a BMW X6. When my supervisor saw i was ready to work, he always gave me shifts.
The purpose of this is to tell @opebiboy, it is not all about scam, people work hard, people toil day and night to succeed.
You keep posting links thats says "the average Canadian this, the average Canadian that', I am not an average Canadian. I am and will be a successful Canadian through hard work. The internet says Nigerians are poor but all Nigerians are not poor. Try not to be classified as part of the average.
Accurate about the Indians, I can confirm your assertions about the bank balances. The Indians and Chinese are entrepreneurs and don't like working for anyone and are very hardworking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by snowlordng(m): 5:23am On Apr 12, 2020
atutupoyoyo2211:
brother pls I need a childcare provider job
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by snowlordng(m): 5:30am On Apr 12, 2020
naijaman3:

@ Odingo1:

Read carefully, the guy never said anything about saving CAD$100K in a year. His goal when he started the thread was to save CAD$120K in two years (which is doable) but he was not able to accomplish that goal because of some situations he explained already. You need to read the thread from page 1 to understand how it is possible to save a lot of money even when working on low wage. I also explained, on page 11, how this is possible in general and on page 14, I explained how I personally save a lot on low wage before I started working in my profession. Here is the link to both postings:

pls bro I need a childcare provider job
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 12, 2020
snowlordng:
pls bro I need a childcare provider job
apply online like every one

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (42) (Reply)

More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses / Abuja City - Videos and Photos / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.